Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,077 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. (41988 Views)

Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Husband Wants To Divorce Me Because I Am Not A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by jomoh: 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
If this story is true.

Then,I'm sorry, you married a man who cannot respect and protect you before his friends.

A man who's not worthy to be called a good husband or father.

You did nothing wrong, but my advice is; If the happiness and unity of your home is so important to you, do as he has insisted by apologising to his friend.

After doing that, make sure you avoid and stay clear from that his friend. He's not happy with your family and can do anything possible to get rid of you by breaking your home. A loyal friend will be sensible enough to know that it's somehow disrespectful to send his friend's wife on such an errand.

Be careful!

God bless you

To add to this, a good friend should know by now that the issue has caused problem between the two of them and should be the one telling the husband that the matter is not up to that level.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Caleycash(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
CosmoDroid:

Dont apologise to his friend, and do not apologize to him.

Tell him you are insulted by such statement and are ready to leave the marriage. It is the only thing that will make sense to him and honestly, the marriage is worthless if a man puts his friend above his wife.

He is a fool, sorry, you married a fool.
dont listen to this idiotic home breaker!
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Elliot2(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
SVC6000:
Thick Madam. Y Not Send Som1 To Get Th Card 4him. Yes, U Insulted Him Heavily. Don't U Hav Frnds? Amibo Woman. U Just Don't Like The Guy Comin Around. Mind U Madam, Ur Husband Can't Do Without Frnds.
Don't mind all these women who think life revolves around them,when they can not sustain a meaningful convo for two minutes, or say things that add meaning to a man's life. They don't know good friends are what keeps a man's sanity going in the face of a terrible wife. We all know how these things go,when they don't want a particular family member or friend to come around. Talk about the wife who called her sister-in law to get her something,and when she brought d stuff, she accuse her of entering her room to watch her unclothedness after bath. The brother sent his kid sister away for that. It dawned on him when he had sent all his family members away but remaining just her siblings.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by ogawisdom(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
e author=Chinnyrita27 post=77104129]Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

I am so confused, what should I do?[/quote]

Your husband just wants to divorce your jobless ass, Dude is fed up and using his friend to smoothen your exit.

Why should his friend visit him without tracking him on phone to know if he is around or not

If you are jobless as I presume u better apologize sharply if not draw the battle line and stand up to your right. You have done absolutely nothing wrong except bring his dependant n Jobless.

Why should my friend send my wife on errand, him dey mad what kinda disrespect is that! angry
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Caleycash(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
better cut your egos and apologise, it won't take anything from you rather it will add, but if you want to remain miserable like these bunch of imbeciles without respect follow there foolish advices, you ll know that after race they count miles!, better get sense, save your home and leave all these useless advice from spinsters and divorced ladies.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
Pls don't quote me if you don't understand my write up. Where did I say that a maid is not human? He has right to send a maid on errand, but he does not have right to send someone's wife, except it was the wife that volunteers to go, nonscence. Also, a faithful maid today can also become a madam in future. quote author=Elliot2 post=77120340]are maids not humans? Is she that big to be sent? Let her tell us in what manner she responded. [/quote]
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Elliot2(m): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
koyyes:
Op, Your horseband must be a closet f@ggot or a demented tout.

No man ( I say MAN and not a pathetic male) will hear that his friend or any other male unrelated to his wife paid a visit in his absence without him raising eyebrows and waiting for any explanation.

To even think he wanted to send you on an errand is ridiculous. Why did he not buy the credit on his way How can a visitor come in and send the house holder on an errand I just don't understand.

Infact, I strongly suspect your husband sent him there to spy on you.

I don't think you need to apologise but if you must, remind the 1diot that you are a married woman that he needs to respect and not pay unannounced visits when your husband is not around.

You were even nice to let him in and serve food. If I were you, the door will be where we exchange greetings till he turns around and leave.

This is why you don't date/marry touts.

This is what all pussy niggas say until they are left with no friends but their nightmares at home.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by aalangel(f): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
I'm sure the men in question are ibo...nonsense.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by cooltola(m): 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
Relax madame coming from a married man, allow your husband to cool off from his anger , cook him his favorite food and let him know you appreciate him. You know the bottons to touch to keep your husband calm. Then let him know your own side of the story truthfully, a reasonable man will understand where you are coming from. He is not going to leave his wife and kid over a minor quarrel over a friend. A minor matter should not be ground for divorce if your man is reasonable.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Martin0(m): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
Twoclans:
@ OP honestly there is an underlying problem, maybe your husband owes this friend some financial favours or the man is his gay partner .Those are the two things that can make a husband pick a friend over his wife for such a trivial issue.

I know my way is not pure, that is exactly why I avoid some kind of situations. If I were in your shoes I will apologize to him then I will go back to the board room and figure out the perfect plan towards kicking him out of my husband's life forever and ever. After all I am the woman in the house, you know how this things are done.

Apologize and push that nigga out of your husband's life, even if it takes you ten years to achieve it.

this girl ehgrin
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

Friends over bitches mehn!!

Shut up there... any guy, friend or neither comes into your house and sends your wife on a silly errand is not disrespecting your wife, but he's disrespecting you. Even ordinary girlfriend sef, na still disrespect. I bet you're a kid though.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by tosyne2much(m): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
Elliot2:
Just few see the "ego".
Yes many people omitted that part

When reading stories online, you have to use psychology to predict the actions of writer
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by tosyne2much(m): 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
alert01:

If there's a way to like a post more than 1000times,I'll like your comment over.
Thanks baba cool
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by echibuogwu(m): 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

Friends over bitches mehn!!
so ur mother is a bitch??
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Elliot2(m): 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
tosyne2much:
Yes many people omitted that part

When reading stories online, you have to use psychology to predict the actions of writer
truth there.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
Who's the bitch? Someone's wife?

Are you MAD? What right has he to even send her on an errand in the first place? Is he her boss at work, husband, father or elder brother?

Are you FOOLISH? Why will he even visit and stay with her when the husband isn't around? I'm asking you!

Are you that DUMB? Don't you know what it means to set boundaries and mode in which you should relate to a married friend?

According to OP, she politely suggested another alternative but he turned it down, proving he had something in mind.

And here you are, typing about bitches!

Should I blame your father for this statement you made on someone's wife or should I blame your dusty brain?

It's so pitiful and shocking that after all the promises you made to your parents to be responsible, reasonable and sensible, you ended up as a shallow minded BOY who is ready to suck the scrotum balls of his friends than to protect his wife in cases like this.

C'mon! Will you take your pathetic self out of here!

Nonsense and turninoninown!

Never waste more than 30 words on a kid.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Elliot2(m): 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Pls don't quote me if you don't understand my write up. Where did I say that a maid is not human? He has right to send a maid on errand, but he does not have right to send someone's wife, except it was the wife that volunteers to go, nonscence. Also, a faithful maid today can also become a madam in future. quote author=Elliot2 post=77120340]are maids not humans? Is she that big to be sent? Let her tell us in what manner she responded.
why I no go quote u? na u buy data for me? I go quote anybody wey I agree or disagree with am here.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by ogawisdom(m): 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
Alashoalash10:
if the story is as you put it, you don't have a husband yet but a master

Husband means master, oga m in Igbo

A wife must submit to the husband, submission is more than obey it like referend something a little below worship
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by openmine(m): 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
Elliot2:
Brother,this thing did not happen as she narrated.
grin grin
Oga don't generalize....Its her narration not yours unless you know the lady very well or you are the friend of OP's hubby! smiley
Until we hear from the other side of the story,we will make do with what we have!
If she is lying or not saying the entire truth,then she will eventually bear the consequences of her actions!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by bluefilm: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
Abeg madam comot there jare make we see road.

You never talk wetin you do the poor man and his friend too...

Maybe you think say na only children dey dis nairaland sef abi? angry

Nonsense angry
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by unmask: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

I am so confused, what should I do?
your husband might be gay

So we have heard your side of the story...we need to hear the other side's story as well

Just as it was wrong for your husband not to confirm from you, it is wrong for us not to confirm from his friend
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by baby124: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

Good friends,are rare. They never find no sexual pleasure in their friends Wife.
Like this one that can send your wife on recharge card errand and you support him right? When he asks her to pull pant you have no right to be angry at your wife or him. After all your wife must submit to you, your friends and your family. Even your brothers should be able to send her message at will and also chop from the National cake since your friend who is an outsider can feel comfortable doing such.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Ishilove: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
I find this story hard to believe. I would rather hear from the husband before commenting.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Sarang(f): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
Who's the bitch? Someone's wife?

Are you MAD? What right has he to even send her on an errand in the first place? Is he her boss at work, husband, father or elder brother?

Are you FOOLISH? Why will he even visit and stay with her when the husband isn't around? I'm asking you!

Are you that DUMB? Don't you know what it means to set boundaries and mode in which you should relate to a married friend?

According to OP, she politely suggested another alternative but he turned it down, proving he had something in mind.

And here you are, typing about bitches!

Should I blame your father for this statement you made on someone's wife or should I blame your dusty brain?

It's so pitiful and shocking that after all the promises you made to your parents to be responsible, reasonable and sensible, you ended up as a shallow minded BOY who is ready to suck the scrotum balls of his friends than to protect his wife in cases like this.

C'mon! Will you take your pathetic self out of here!

Nonsense and turninoninown!

You are replying that idiot. Honestly I am proud of you. Not many people can think like this. Exactly what right does he have to send her to an errand!!!!!!! Sometimes when I come here I shed tears for Nigerian women..they condone TRASH in all ramifications!
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Sarang(f): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
Marrige...overrated Nonsense.. you will just marry someone that have sense and all of a sudden they don’t have sense anymore!!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Iziquiel(m): 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
chronique:

Are you kidding me? Where exactly are you from? Looks like you guys don't know what shame and disrespect means in your tribe. I don't know how you will go to an Edo man's house to visit him and send his wife on errand to go and buy you recharge card and you will not hear the story of your life.
What has my tribe got to do with what I said? Some of you lots just get unnecessarily emotional. I think you should go back and read her again maybe you would modify some of things you said up there. You don't know the relationship between the both families so stop getting emotional and saying what you know nothing about. From the whole story, it's obvious that the man is very close to the family and I'm sure they've had a good relationship before this whole thing happened. Did you read where she said she even gave the man food to eat? that should tell you that the kind of relationship that exists between them. That you don't have close friends you trust doesn't mean others don't, I have a few friends that can go to my house and wait for me if I am not around. However I blame the man for sending her on an errand but she shouldn't have refused, making up excuses. What if the man got angry because he knows his own wife wouldn't do the same to his friend if the reverse was the case?
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Sarang(f): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iziquiel:

What has my tribe got to do with what I said? Some of you lots just get unnecessarily emotional. I think you should go back and read her again maybe you would modify some of things you said up there. You don't know the relationship between the both families so stop getting emotional and saying what you know nothing about. From the whole story, it's obvious that the man is very close to the family and I'm sure they've had a good relationship before this whole thing happened. Did you read where she said she even gave the man food to eat? that should tell you that the kind of relationship that exists between them. That you don't have close friends you trust doesn't mean others don't, I have a few friends that can go to my house and wait for me if I am not around. However I blame the man for sending her on an errand but she shouldn't have refused, making up excuses. What if the man got angry because he knows his own wife wouldn't do the same to his friend if the reverse was the case?

And so? Is it his wife? And so? Then there shouldn’t be boundaries cos close family. Are you for real!
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
baby124:

Like this one that can send your wife on recharge card errand and you support him right? When he asks her to pull pant you have no right to be angry at your wife or him. After all your wife must submit to you, your friends and your family. Even your brothers should be able to send her message at will and also chop from the National cake since your friend who is an outsider can feel comfortable doing such.

Surulere!
Na Macho Men,dem Dey Bleep deir wife with total submission,gentleman like me don leave my case for God.
I live by this lines :
There is more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "I'm really smart!"
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Sarang(f): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
SVC6000:
Thick Madam. Y Not Send Som1 To Get Th Card 4him. Yes, U Insulted Him Heavily. Don't U Hav Frnds? Amibo Woman. U Just Don't Like The Guy Comin Around. Mind U Madam, Ur Husband Can't Do Without Frnds.

But he can do without her? Obviously! Cos she already did her job of breeding. You are an asshole for that comment!!
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by chronique(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
Iziquiel:

I still stand by what I said up there. If you have a friend who can go to your house and send your wife to buy recharge card, then it means you have no respect for your wife. Anyways, there are levels in life and I can only try to imagine the category of people who would be sending their friends wives to go buy recharge card.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by angelicwing: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemachris:
This story is not true. Women will always give u the side of the story that will please your ears undecided.
Madam, are you sure you did not pretend to be sick and asked your husband's friend over so that you could seduce him? Please let us know so that we can continue from there.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2019
tosyne2much:
Thanks baba cool

You're welcome my son

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor / Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.