Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. (42034 Views)

Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Husband Wants To Divorce Me Because I Am Not A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by smarttm: 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

I am so confused, what should I do?

Why must he visit when he wasn't around...I don't trust any friend...
Madam don't ever beg him,just tell him his friends should visit him and not you...
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Richy4(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
This is what I tagged revised standard version story.... This lady omitted a lot of things here... He was driving yet he sent you to buy something...

There are lots of stuff that didn't add up here... The man would have given us the King James version of the story angry

When someone is sincerely looking for advice you should try add add important detail..I believe that man might give something so different from this
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by baby124: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

Hellos Sister,
Hope this helps. Real men keep certain things to themselves,he might have been instrumental in getting things going,he might even be one of the guys who advised,bros to marry you.

When some always say good things in your back about you. Now that person come complain,the man go see you as the Badoo here.

(1) beg friend and keep your house,beg your husband and give him lots of love. (2) don’t go back to that point trying to prove your innocence.

Life goes on.

Ejeka pe were,loko iyawo. Kale rona GBA.

Thanks �
Lmaooo. So you rely on friends and strangers to convince you on who to marry and give regular updates to reassure you that you made the right decision. Lmaooo
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Omoagro: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2019
Your husband is suppose to be angry that the friend is turning his wife to an errand girl. He should have also known that it is not wise for you to leave his friend alone in the house no matter the trust. Is that your husband friend also married? Your husband has a very wrong perception about what marriage is.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by gbagyiza: 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
JasonScoolari:
So sad you got married to a renowned GAY practitioner.

Never you apologise to that poor monkey, he's definitely a home breaker.

If your husband feels divorce is the best way to go about it, allow him to.... Don't be chickened into doing what you don't want to do for the sake of saving the "Marriage"

We don pass that stage when men go dey threaten their wives with divorce.

That's my wrong advise.

Truly this is a wrong advice as stated in your last line. Your suspect of d husband as a guy may be false because you don't have concrete evidence. My advice to her is to involved her husband trusted family members into this. She should not resolve n issue of this nature alone with d husband because d whole thing seems suspicious.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Kfed4ril(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

Friends over bitches mehn!!

Lol, so you are going to beat your wife because if something as silly as this.
Lemme ask you self what right does the guy have to come and start sending his friends wife on errand? Me as a guy I can’t tolerate it it’s total disrespect to me.
Ok why didn’t he buy the card from he’s account or strol out himself to buy it. Mehn guys we should be reasonable at times na. Wetin the husband and him friend do no gel at all.

A real friend will know not to send your wife on errand at least if for nothing but for the respect he has for his friend.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by san316(m): 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
No 1 . My friend cannot come to my house without Informing me first.

No 2. If he comes and I'm not around, he must not cross the door line . He either drops a message and leaves or do a 180° turn and go. If he even attempts to gist with my wife, na war let alone send her to buy credit. He dey craze ni? My own wife.

@Op, your husband is an idioot but he's your idioot. Make peace with him, apologise to his scallywag friend and from there, find a way to break ur husband up with that guy, he's up to no good.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Viicfuntop(f): 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

Friends over bitches mehn!!

Are your friends agberos? It seems like it

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
Who's the bitch? Someone's wife?

Are you MAD? What right has he to even send her on an errand in the first place? Is he her boss at work, husband, father or elder brother?

Are you FOOLISH? Why will he even visit and stay with her when the husband isn't around? I'm asking you!

Are you that DUMB? Don't you know what it means to set boundaries and mode in which you should relate to a married friend?

According to OP, she politely suggested another alternative but he turned it down, proving he had something in mind.

And here you are, typing about bitches!

Should I blame your father for this statement you made on someone's wife or should I blame your dusty brain?

It's so pitiful and shocking that after all the promises you made to your parents to be responsible, reasonable and sensible, you ended up as a shallow minded BOY who is ready to suck the scrotum balls of his friends than to protect his wife in cases like this.

C'mon! Will you take your pathetic self out of here!

Nonsense and turninoninown!

She can’t leave for security reasons to me it’s suspect why he should send her on an errand in her own home as a visitor

I will also offer to recharge but will apologize if he feels insulted before he leaves
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by sisisioge: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
Whew! All these unnecessary issues people are escalating sef!

Smart you would have called his friend the next day to "seemingly" apologize. All your words will say sorry and your countenance will say " now the battle line has been drawn". All those unnecessary familiarity of keeping him company, offering to get him food and whathaveyou would stop! You remain polite without unnecessary friendliness... like an aloof politician. Try to study Remi Tinubu fa grin

As for your husband who didn't think you might have your side of the story...hmmm, na you see am marry. You would have noticed in the days of courtship his tendency of placing others above you! He's your palava. Apologize to his dannn friend for your peace. Then go and learn how to manage idiaaats.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Macgreat(m): 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
make sure you keep your daughter away from your husband friend.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
Barigaboy:
its nice your are seeking for advice but be careful to choose. Your husband is a nice man believe me. I don't no they way your seeing it right now. a complete and competent husband doesnt side his wife in all cases. he is protecting u in a way only the mature people will no. Be responsible by apologising to his friend. I want you to know today that men talk positive things about there wife and we all want flawless women when we no its not possible. your man knows that sending u card under the sun doesn't make sense but he would have appreciated it if u have gone because they would always talk about it in men gathering. You don't know how his friends wife treat him when he visits either good or bad he want u to be better. go and apologise it doesn't make u bad. respect your man and do what he wants it doesn't make u a slave. don't mind some people r use to abusing when people seek advice here. but its all good enjoy your day

Hmm,May God bless you sir. This is the truth

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by BARYGOLD(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
JasonScoolari:
So sad you got married to a renowned GAY practitioner.

Never you apologise to that poor monkey, he's definitely a home breaker.

If your husband feels divorce is the best way to go about it, allow him to.... Don't be chickened into doing what you don't want to do for the sake of saving the "Marriage"

We don pass that stage when men go dey threaten their wives with divorce.
Please don't yield to this Advice is demonic and lacks the wisdom to maintain peace.Pls maintain peace in your home. on a good day try all u can to seat him down and let him see ur action in another perspective. And don't be too quick to reply your hubby when he is angry ,you will become envious of other marriages
That's my wrong advise.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
tosyne2much:
I think it was wrong from his friend to send you an errand in the first place but the way you also approached the issue escalated this issue. That the silly friend even went as far as venting his anger on your husband is surprising.

On the other hand, judging from the edited version story that portrays you blameless, to me, you seem like an arrogant woman who walks around with ego. That you even said you can't apologize to his friend for the sake of your marriage tells a lot about you.

Everything is not just about ego.. Sometimes you have to compromise for the sake of peace

If there's a way to like a post more than 1000times,I'll like your comment over.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Noblefirstlady: 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
That friend of his has a very bad plan for you. He wanted you to leave the house so he could carry out his plan if not what stopped him from accepting you offer or better still do it himself . Apologies and pretend everything is fine then set him up and break their friendship if not you are leaving your marriage before you know.
That guy doesn't like you and he will do anything to make you leave so attack him before he attacks you
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
chally100:
You married a boy

no wonder your moniker is chally. UGly thing
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
hrykanu231:

Not in this regard, bro you can't even send my current gf unnecessary stuff like "buy me card" when you are not in sambisa or sick. Baba recharge from ur phone...
You can't even try this with my wife, who doubles as the mother of my children

Lol. Bad guy.I see what you did there
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
Twoclans:
@ OP honestly there is an underlying problem, maybe your husband owes this friend some financial favours or the man is his gay partner .Those are the two things that can make a husband pick a friend over his wife for such a trivial issue.

I know my way is not pure, that is exactly why I avoid some kind of situations. If I were in your shoes I will apologize to him then I will go back to the board room and figure out the perfect plan towards kicking him out of my husband's life forever and ever. After all I am the woman in the house, you know how this things are done.

Apologize and push that nigga out of your husband's life, even if it takes you ten years to achieve it.

If I'm the husband and I'm deriving some financial benefit from the said friend, there is no such manipulation you can do that can make me discard him. forget the women apparent power and card cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.,This is money issue
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by mranova(m): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
If this story is true.

Then,I'm sorry, you married a man who cannot respect and protect you before his friends.

A man who's not worthy to be called a good husband or father.

You did nothing wrong, but my advice is; If the happiness and unity of your home is so important to you, do as he has insisted by apologising to his friend.

After doing that, make sure you avoid and stay clear from that his friend. He's not happy with your family and can do anything possible to get rid of you by breaking your home. A loyal friend will be sensible enough to know that it's somehow disrespectful to send his friend's wife on such an errand.

Be careful!

The friend even acts suspicious, why must he insist that she goes out to buy card for him? Even after she offered to recharge from her account. He had intentions. I hope he didn't want to pick something or plant something in her absence.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by ImaIma1(f): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
Xaos:
I think you should apologize.

You have to do this not because you are fault but because you are a wise woman who priorities her families happiness over her own ego.

Make peace while it is in your power to make peace.

I disagree. Though, i am all for peace but nobody should be a doormat. She cannot be dealing with inlaws and friends too. Husband is so wrong and immature.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
baby124:

Lmaooo. So you rely on friends and strangers to convince you on who to marry and give regular updates to reassure you that you made the right decision. Lmaooo

There is something called,good friends. They sometimes help with good ideas.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Sarah20A(f): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
SIR0:
Why don't you say 'sorry' and save your home?
am sorry to say;this op doesn't have any home to protect.how can a man risk his marriage just to satisfy his friend is he a gay? This woman should not apologize to anybody in fact if she knows anybody that the husband respect so much she should call that person to report this issue to.if he's tired of the marriage he should just let her know
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
Greatzeus:

From what you wrote,you a such a saint,infact you are so perfect I never knew human could be so perfect. From what you wrote,you spoke to your husband's friend with respect,you didn't do anything to make him angry or less than he is,you acted so calm,cool and spoke like an angel.
From what you wrote you are not at fault at all,you are a very respectful wife. From what you wrote your husband's friend is the devil,immature, speaking anyhow and insultive.
From what you wrote your husband is a bad person supporting his friend instead of you,imagine.
But we know how it goes. Everyone presents the story to look like an angel while the other person is the devil.

Lol grin grin cheesy wink.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by baby124: 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

There is something called,good friends. They sometimes help with good ideas.
Good friends indeed. Try to make lifetime decisions like the choice of a spouse your own personal decision! Most friendships don’t last more than 20yrs and if something happens to you these friends will Bleep your wife and kids before helping them. That is when you will know the worth of friendship. Try to have a mind of your own.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Bishop(m): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2019
Something is fishy between your husband and his friend,he was trying to get you away from your house for an assignment Which you didn't allow him do.

Apologize to his friend,get CCTV device installed without the knowledge of your husband or his friend.
What is hidden will be unveiled,at that moment will you take your stand.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
baby124:

Good friends indeed. Try to make lifetime decisions like the choice of a spouse your own personal decision! Most friendships don’t last more than 20yrs and if something happens to you these friends will Bleep your wife and kids before helping them. That is when you will know the worth of friendship. Try to have a mind of your own.

Good friends,are rare. They never find no sexual pleasure in their friends Wife.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by joedejoe: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nne, you must have gotten a valid and heavenly advice from most of these Godly people. I however, need to add that marriage is all about loving and cherishing all that your husband cherishes that does not constitute sin against the Lord. You might not know the role God is using your husband's friend to play in your family and/or what God is using your husband to do in his friend's life.

As a Christian, you might not know if God was testing your humility and perseverance during this episode. Basically, it might have been very difficult going out to buy the card for the young man but i know that it is the manner of communication that brought the problem. We are all human beings and i feel in my spirit that if you had passionately, respectfully and graciously explain to him your health challenges, he would have changed his mind. He is a family friend and not an enemy, you gave him food and he ate, so explaining things to him in the right tone, body language would have saved this brouhaha.

On the part of your husband, you should not have yelled at him not to talk of pick up a deep quarrel with him. He remains your husband and the head of the family and your head too. At worse, you should have kept calm while he was venting his anger over your issues with his friend.
Pray for the grace to first of all apologize to your husband with love, respect and reverence, explaining situations to him; how you inadvertently reacted to his friend which was occasioned by your health challenges. That ordinarily, you could not have thought of doing that. At this point, he will opt to talk to his friend on your behalf or even taking you on a visit to his friend so things would be ironed out.

i would not advise you to go telling him how irrational his friends was and how he wants to tear you apart and all what not. God will address this aspect at the right time not even from you but your husband or from his friend.

May God guide and bless you as you obey Him in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Marcelnali: 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

I am so confused, what should I do?
madam given to what you have just narrated and the manner your husband responded, I think your husband and his friend planned it all in other to divorce you. I want you to understand that your husband is planning to divorce you but have not gotten a good reason to do that.For your so called husband to have refused to hear your own side of the story means that your husband and his friend are working together for reasons best known to the to send you packing.where did your husband's friend got the courage to send you for an errand? And who told your husband's friend that you were at home? Take it from me, what your husband hope to achieve by sending his friend to visit you in his absent did not work and if you apologise to his friend another set up is coming your way. Apologize to his friend if that would make him happy but be it known to you that you that your husband is a part of whatever happened which is why he is asking you to apologize to his friend. Moreover it is out of ordinary for a husband to choose his friend against his wife. Is your husband behaving normal or has his so called friend has your husband under his control? Be careful for nothing. If you had gone to that errand he would have done something in the house to have you under his control as well. Be as wise as a serpent and a gentle as a dove.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
CosmoDroid:

Dont apologise to his friend, and do not apologize to him.

Tell him you are insulted by such statement and are ready to leave the marriage. It is the only thing that will make sense to him and honestly, the marriage is worthless if a man puts his friend above his wife.

He is a fool, sorry, you married a fool.
full stop.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by openmine(m): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2019
OKOATA:
Na you cause this yourself, next time your husbands friend comes around and ur hubby isn't home just tell the fool that you are about going out and you will see him turn back. What if he rapes you and turns the table on you, am sure your hubby will believe him. Think deep. Never apologize to ur hubby's friend, if ur hubby threatens you don't talk back at him, if he doesn't speak to you or wants to keep malice let him do it. Na him go tire. I am a man and one of the things a man hates most is when you argue with a woman and the woman doesn't talk back he will begin to wonder why you aren't speaking and he will be the one to later ask you whats wrong, then you can pour your heart to him. Simple logic.
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by sweetilicious(f): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
If this story is true.

Then,I'm sorry, you married a man who cannot respect and protect you before his friends.

A man who's not worthy to be called a good husband or father.

You did nothing wrong, but my advice is; If the happiness and unity of your home is so important to you, do as he has insisted by apologising to his friend.

After doing that, make sure you avoid and stay clear from that his friend. He's not happy with your family and can do anything possible to get rid of you by breaking your home. A loyal friend will be sensible enough to know that it's somehow disrespectful to send his friend's wife on such an errand.

Be careful!
So true.The truth is the man couldn't reason well.What if his friend wanted to plant an incriminating evidence in his house.What if he wanted to do something bad.People need to think.To me,op your husband is done emotionally with you.He has been looking for something to hold on to.You are on your own at this point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor / Missing Girl In Kaduna : Pls Have You Seen This Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.