Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. (41995 Views)

Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Husband Wants To Divorce Me Because I Am Not A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by nairaproject: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2019
So bad
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Omotakins(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2019
Have you been verbally abusive to your husband to the point that he would believe without any shred of doubt what his friend accused you of? If that ain't the case, I'm having an impression there's some kind of sinister relationship between your husband and his friend. Was it really appropriate for him to send you on errand? If you had volunteered to do that on your own, fine, but not the way he ordered you, particularly when it's considered you were the only one at home. He erred. Your husband needs some learning to do. I'm ashamed of him
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day [s]nairalanders. I created this account to seek f[/s]or advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

I am so confused, what should I do?
Crime to create another account on nairaland

I don't advice criminals
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by enemyofprogress: 11:41am On Mar 30, 2019
You're married to a man that doesn't have a mind of his own

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2019
I have a strong feeling you are Igbo and your husband is too

He condones his friend sending you on errands ?

WTF ? Is he a fagg0t ?

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Handsomecole(m): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2019
I've learnt Something over the years not to take a stand until I hear from the other side and others involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by MrLankeeee(m): 11:43am On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

Friends over bitches mehn!!
So you will chose a friend over your wife?

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by koolguy88(m): 11:43am On Mar 30, 2019
go and apologise to his friend, for peace to reign in ur house, ok.
Ka Chineke mazie okwu. ...
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by MrLankeeee(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
Who's the bitch? Someone's wife?

Are you MAD? What right has he to even send her on an errand in the first place? Is he her boss at work, husband, father or elder brother?

Are you FOOLISH? Why will he even visit stay with her when the husband isn't around? I'm asking you!

Are you that DUMB? Don't you know what it means to set boundaries and mode in which you should relate to a married friend?

According to OP, she politely suggested another alternative but he turned it down, proving he had something in mind.

And here you are, typing about bitches!

Should I blame your father for this statement you made on someone's wife or should I blame your dusty brain?

It's so pitiful and shocking that after all the promises you made to your parents to be responsible, reasonable and sensible, you ended up as a shallow minded BOY who is ready to suck the scrotum balls of his friends than to protect his wife in cases like this.

C'mon! Will you take your pathetic self out of here!

Nonsense and turninoninown!

Pls reserve some insult na abeg, na weed wey he smoke dey worry am.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Dami12345: 11:44am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

Funny thing is most people here will give you advise to break your home.

Be smart. Its your husband not their husband.
You dont know what the friend said so when you find out you can know what to say.
Anyways you are in d best position to know what to do. Cheers. He won't divorce you. If he wanted to he wouldn't tell you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:44am On Mar 30, 2019
GameKartel:
lower your dignity and apologies to his friend just for peace to reign , you can do that via phone call and put it on speakers and make sure hubby is there and listening if possible... and pls watch this his friend close and with suspicion bcuz he can come btw you and your spouse, and cause inexplicable frictions in most serious cases: separation in homes... he's an envious home-wrecker... deep down inside him, he wants what you and hubby are having and perhaps he's not fortunate. they will basically infiltrate into homes as wolves in a sheep clothing. all these envious close family friends can be bloody liars and fabricators pls beware.

Very wrong!

If she apologizes to the friend, he would ask for sex shortly. Give an inch, take a mile....

IF she must apologize it must be to her husband ONLY.

I am not even convinced she should apologize because i don't see how she should be errand maid to her husband's friend

PS - i also have a strong feeling the OP lied liberally in her story. She's hiding something

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by AutoElectNG: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

To be more modified
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:

Hellos Sister,
Hope this helps. Real men keep certain things to themselves,he might have been instrumental in getting things going,he might even be one of the guys who advised,bros to marry you.

When some always say good things in your back about you. Now that person come complain,the man go see you as the Badoo here.

(1) beg friend and keep your house,beg your husband and give him lots of love. (2) don’t go back to that point trying to prove your innocence.

Life goes on.

Ejeka pe were,loko iyawo. Kale rona GBA.

Thanks �

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Kaptainemeka(m): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2019
How old are you ass wipe?
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by MEGA4BILLION(m): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2019
Thank GOD you didn't leave him behind alone or with your daughter at home, he had an ulterior motive that was why he was adamant you have to buy him the card outside. Your husband is not smart.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by sageer1706(m): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2019
It's a pity your husband value the happiness of his friends than your happiness, I would have advice not to apologise to that scorn of his friend but as they say "two wrongs cannot make a right" go ahead and apologise to keep your home intact because that man that calls himself ur hubby friend is against ur happiness of ur home

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Alashoalash10: 11:46am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:

if the story is as you put it, you don't have a husband yet but a master

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:
Puxxyasslicker.

person wife don turn bitch...AND JESUS WEPT...

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by MrLankeeee(m): 11:47am On Mar 30, 2019
luckygeee:

Pls listen to this advce. Apologising doesn't make you a fool, no, it means you are wise and you can get a more appropriate time to sort things out after the dust must have settled. Read the 48 laws of power and you will know that sometimes it's better to play the fool so you can win the war even if it seems you have lost the battle. Please don't let pride ruin your marriage. Shalom!

You too get sense. I hope the Op takes this advice.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Gkemz: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2019
It appears like this is not the first time you've displayed such attitude towards his friends. I can't believe your story until i hear from the other side. Women always play the victim card very well. Otherwise, I find it strange to believe that a man will threaten his wife of divorce just because of an outsider was displeased.

There's more to this story.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

You are a kid and I believe that life will teach you a lesson...
So your father treats his friends better than your mother....
What a shame

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by AngelicBeing: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2019
JasonScoolari:
So sad you got married to a renowned GAY practitioner.

Never you apologise to that poor monkey, he's definitely a home breaker.

If your husband feels divorce is the best way to go about it, allow him to.... Don't be chickened into doing what you don't want to do for the sake of saving the "Marriage"

We don pass that stage when men go dey threaten their wives with divorce.

That's my wrong advise.
cool
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Divay22(f): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2019
JasonScoolari:
So sad you got married to a renowned GAY practitioner.

Never you apologise to that poor monkey, he's definitely a home breaker.

If your husband feels divorce is the best way to go about it, allow him to.... Don't be chickened into doing what you don't want to do for the sake of saving the "Marriage"

We don pass that stage when men go dey threaten their wives with divorce.

That's my wrong advise.
Lol
This is too harsh.
Op go apologise to him if that will save your home. But stay clear, I mean away from him. Avoid him at all cost.
If he comes visiting leave the parlour or leave the house for him.
His he your husband's boss or just normal friend?
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Brightgem(f): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2019
Lolz! What a friend! I should walk under the sun to go and buy you recharge card? If only we can have the name and address of that friend. Husband too has got some issues... I dnt even know where to start...

Little nonsense that break people's homes.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by chocorex(m): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:

Are you MAD? What right has he to even send her on an errand in the first place? Is he her boss at work, husband, father or elder brother?

Are you FOOLISH? Why will he even visit stay with her when the husband isn't around? I'm asking you!

Are you that DUMB? Don't you know what it means to set boundaries and mode in which you should relate to a married friend?

According to OP, she politely suggested another alternative but he turned it down, proving he had something in mind.

Should I blame your father for this statement you made on someone's wife or should I blame your dusty brain?

It's so pitiful and shocking that after all the promises you made to your parents to be responsible, reasonable and sensible, you ended up as a shallow minded BOY who is ready to suck the scrotum balls of his friends than to protect his wife in cases like this.

Chai no joy oooooooooo
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:

What a shitty man, first of all, what kind of friends sends the wife of his friend on an errand, this is very disrespectful, He might have an ulterior motive, KEEP THAT FRIEND OF HIS AT ARMS LENGTH.

Now an apology won't cause you anything, as this is the first time, just apologize, be very careful of that friend, I might be paranoid, but I have a very good reason for this, keep away from that friend of his
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Ceekay212: 11:50am On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

your wife should come second after your NUCLEAR family and not your friends bro

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by MissJoy29(f): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor / Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.