Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? (17946 Views)

The Kind Women Most 9ja Men Dey Marry For America / Girl Says Most Ladies Are Single Because Men Just Want To F*ck (pics) / Tips For Dating An African American (akata) Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:22am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:

As of 2016, about 150,000 adults in Haiti are estimated to be living with HIV/AIDS, including approximately 7,900 new cases that year alone, according to data from UNAIDS. That works out to a little over 2 percent of Haiti’s population of more than 10.8 million people, with sex workers (8.4 percent HIV prevalence) and prisoners (4.3 percent HIV prevalence) among the most infected populations. Frightening as it is, the latest estimates show a decline in the crisis compared to recent years."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-aids-haiti-how-many-people-758412

"Blacks/African Americansa account for a higher proportion of new HIV diagnosesb and people living with HIV, compared to other races/ethnicities. In 2017, blacks/African Americans accounted for 13% of the US populationc but 43% (16,694) of the 38,739 new HIV diagnoses in the United States and dependent areas.d"

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/racialethnic/africanamericans/index.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to go back and forth with you. Just remember you're the poorest and most disadvantaged group in the richest country. Some of you guys are actually happy your oppressor's god blessed you to be slaves in this country. That's nothing to be proud
It’s very clear you are jealous of BAs. Get over it and enjoy whatever blessings you have.

Someone’s gotta come in’last’ but be clear, 80% of BAs are middle class or higher socioeconomically. Check government stats. Then compare that to the percentage of Haitians living middle class in a BLACK country!

And the BA women you hate are the most educated group in America and have held that distinction for YEARS-over a decade.

But you like to overlook those FACTS in your hate-filled tirades-proof that you come from a place of brokenness and jealousy. A balanced person would acknowledge the positive even as they accentuate the negative.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:32am On Apr 07, 2019
PS, KONGO, Do you know how to read stats?

43% of the NEW HIV cases? You do realize that is not the same as 43% of BAs having HIV, don’t you? It also doesn’t account for those infected who haven’t been tested.

And let’s compare BA HIV cases to Haitian AIDS cases. Oops! We really can’t because Haitian stats aren’t reliable. People die from AIDS without ever being diagnosed, get thrown into the ground and their children sent to orphanages-that are running because of the charitable hearts of horrible BA women like my sister and me.

It’s like the STD stats you pulled up. I wasn’t even going to mention it shows that about 1-10% of BAs being diagnosed because I could tell you’re just a hurt, broken person.

You post links to stats without trying to interpret what they mean. Your head is clouded by irrational anger so I’m sure you’re not mentally equipped to do so.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:46am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:
You right, I am grateful but it isn't to the current generation or the generation before that/. At the end of the day BAs don't control who comes into the country. If that was the case Europeans wouldn't have entered the taken advantage of the Homestead Act among other government policies. AAs were systemically discriminated against taken part of said programs. Sometimes by force. BM gave their lives in WW1 only to come home and be lynches in their service uniforms. Stop acting like you the house slave with the direct line to the massa. Haitians went thru hell in the 80s and 90s before Zoe Pound and Top 6 came into the picture. The worse part. This is when "conscienceness" in hip-hop was at it's all time peak. We fought the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Savannah: we earned our place/.

You are so unlearned.

Black immigrants were only allowed to enter the US after BLACK AMERICANS protested for them to be able to do so.

Do the research please.

Black history goes beyond hip hop. Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by TheKongoEmpire(m): 2:47am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

It’s very clear you are jealous of BAs. Get over it and enjoy whatever blessings you have.

Someone’s gotta come in’last’ but be clear, 80% of BAs are middle class or higher socioeconomically. Check government stats. Then compare that to the percentage of Haitians living middle class in a BLACK country!

And the BA women you hate are the most educated group in America and have held that distinction for YEARS-over a decade.

But you like to overlook those FACTS in your hate-filled tirades-proof that you come from a place of brokenness and jealous. A balanced person would acknowledge the positive even as they accentuate the negative.

"The disparity is greatest at public four-year colleges, where black students borrow at a rate of 86.8%. Across all types of colleges, black students borrow at a rate of 77.7%, a figure significantly higher than the overall average of 60%."

"Key findings: Students of color carry the most student debt
Black students borrow federal student loans at higher rates than other groups of students. An estimated 77.7% of black students borrow federal student loans to pay for a higher education. This figure is significantly higher than the national average for all students (60%) and for white students (57.5%).
Among class of 2012 graduates, Hispanic and black students graduated with higher amounts of student debt from private nonprofit colleges than white students. Black students also borrowed more at public colleges than white students.
Among black students who started school in 2003, 1 in 2 defaulted on student loans within the following 12 years. Black students also saw their starting balance grow by a median 113% in that time frame. The rates of default were lower for Hispanic (36.1%) and white (21.5%) students."

https://studentloanhero.com/featured/study-student-loans-weigh-heaviest-black-hispanic/

"Robert Kelchen, assistant professor at Seton Hall University, analyzed the new data and found that black students were 150 percent more likely to accumulate $100,000 or more in student debt than white students. He also found that even when controlling for characteristics such as gender, age, marital status, master’s vs. doctoral program, institutional type, and field of study, these students were still 130 percent more likely to accumulate debts in the six-figures. Kelchen concludes that the data “strongly suggests that the black/white gap in large student debt burdens cannot be explained by other demographic characteristics or individuals’ field of study.”

https://www.higheredtoday.org/2018/05/21/new-analysis-reinforces-racial-disparities-student-debt/

"Debt and Minorities
Minorities in general earn less than whites, though that doesn’t necessarily translate to more debt. A 2018 study of census data by ValuePenguin found that individuals who identified as white carried an average of $7,942 in credit card debt.

That was followed by Asians ($7,660) and blacks ($6,172). Less credit card debt doesn’t necessarily mean less financial strain, since blacks have less overall income to pay bills."

https://www.debt.org/faqs/americans-in-debt/demographics/

Most educated and the community is still in shambles, right?

If I truly hated black women, I'd be off the forum and with a non-black woman but god help I just love black women (the naturals ones anyways).

Black Women Have Highest Rate of Children with Different Fathers
https://wzakcleveland.com/2665761/black-women-have-highest-rate-of-children-with-different-fathers/

Black men are failing catastrophically – are Black mothers to blame?
http://judgybitch.com/2015/07/23/black-men-are-failing-catastrophically-are-black-mothers-to-blame/

"Abstract
We examine gaps between minorities and whites in educational and labor market
outcomes, controlling for many covariates including maternal race. Identification comes
from different reported races within the family. Estimates show two distinct patterns.
First, there are no significant differences in outcomes between black and white males
with white mothers. Second, large differences persist between these groups and black
males with black mothers.
The patterns are insensitive to alternative measures of own
race and school fixed effects. Our results suggest that discrimination is not occurring
based on the child skin color but through mother-child channels, such as dialect or
parenting practices."
http://public.econ.duke.edu/~psarcidi/interracial.pdf

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action
Book by Daniel Patrick Moynihan
https://web.stanford.edu/~mrosenfe/Moynihan's%20The%20Negro%20Family.pdf

This is what you call hatred right? I'm trolling right? You have yet to post facts that you are making with you statements. Just like a woman: emotional, not logic.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by TheKongoEmpire(m): 2:54am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:
PS, KONGO, Do you know how to read stats?
Yes

43% of the NEW HIV cases? You do realize that is not the same as 43% of BAs having HIV, don’t you? It also doesn’t account for those infected who haven’t been tested.
I know, I can read. What I'm trying to show you is HIV/AIDs isn't the rate you make it out to be. It's just as bad here.

And let’s compare BA HIV cases to Haitian AIDS cases. Oops! We really can’t because Haitian stats aren’t reliable. People die from AIDS without ever being diagnosed, get thrown into the ground and their children sent to orphanages-that are running because of the charitable hearts of horrible BA women like my sister and me.
And how do you know it isn't the same in the US?

It’s like the STD stats you pulled up. I wasn’t even going to mention it shows that about 1-10% of BAs being diagnosed because I could tell you’re just a hurt, broken person.
I'm hurt nor broken.

You post links to stats without trying to interpret what they mean. Your head is clouded by irrational anger so I’m sure you’re not mentally equipped to do so.
I do but I'm willing to admit they can always use some sharpening. I'm not all-knowing you know.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 3:04am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:

"The disparity is greatest at public four-year colleges, where black students borrow at a rate of 86.8%. Across all types of colleges, black students borrow at a rate of 77.7%, a figure significantly higher than the overall average of 60%."

"Key findings: Students of color carry the most student debt
Black students borrow federal student loans at higher rates than other groups of students. An estimated 77.7% of black students borrow federal student loans to pay for a higher education. This figure is significantly higher than the national average for all students (60%) and for white students (57.5%).
Among class of 2012 graduates, Hispanic and black students graduated with higher amounts of student debt from private nonprofit colleges than white students. Black students also borrowed more at public colleges than white students.
Among black students who started school in 2003, 1 in 2 defaulted on student loans within the following 12 years. Black students also saw their starting balance grow by a median 113% in that time frame. The rates of default were lower for Hispanic (36.1%) and white (21.5%) students."

https://studentloanhero.com/featured/study-student-loans-weigh-heaviest-black-hispanic/

"Robert Kelchen, assistant professor at Seton Hall University, analyzed the new data and found that black students were 150 percent more likely to accumulate $100,000 or more in student debt than white students. He also found that even when controlling for characteristics such as gender, age, marital status, master’s vs. doctoral program, institutional type, and field of study, these students were still 130 percent more likely to accumulate debts in the six-figures. Kelchen concludes that the data “strongly suggests that the black/white gap in large student debt burdens cannot be explained by other demographic characteristics or individuals’ field of study.”

https://www.higheredtoday.org/2018/05/21/new-analysis-reinforces-racial-disparities-student-debt/

"Debt and Minorities
Minorities in general earn less than whites, though that doesn’t necessarily translate to more debt. A 2018 study of census data by ValuePenguin found that individuals who identified as white carried an average of $7,942 in credit card debt.

That was followed by Asians ($7,660) and blacks ($6,172). Less credit card debt doesn’t necessarily mean less financial strain, since blacks have less overall income to pay bills."

https://www.debt.org/faqs/americans-in-debt/demographics/

Most educated and the community is still in shambles, right?

If I truly hated black women, I'd be off the forum and with a non-black woman but god help I just love black women (the naturals ones anyways).

Black Women Have Highest Rate of Children with Different Fathers
https://wzakcleveland.com/2665761/black-women-have-highest-rate-of-children-with-different-fathers/

Black men are failing catastrophically – are Black mothers to blame?
http://judgybitch.com/2015/07/23/black-men-are-failing-catastrophically-are-black-mothers-to-blame/

"Abstract
We examine gaps between minorities and whites in educational and labor market
outcomes, controlling for many covariates including maternal race. Identification comes
from different reported races within the family. Estimates show two distinct patterns.
First, there are no significant differences in outcomes between black and white males
with white mothers. Second, large differences persist between these groups and black
males with black mothers.
The patterns are insensitive to alternative measures of own
race and school fixed effects. Our results suggest that discrimination is not occurring
based on the child skin color but through mother-child channels, such as dialect or
parenting practices."
http://public.econ.duke.edu/~psarcidi/interracial.pdf

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action
Book by Daniel Patrick Moynihan
https://web.stanford.edu/~mrosenfe/Moynihan's%20The%20Negro%20Family.pdf

This is what you call hatred right? I'm trolling right? You have yet to post facts that you are making with you statements. Just like a woman: emotional, not logic.
Well, excuse me for being off by 1%. 21% of BAs are in poverty-not 20%. Feel better now?

I’ll admit to just skimming a lot of the rest but from what I gather you pulled up stats about BAs and student loans??!! LOL! You had to concede that BA women are the most educated but ended with ‘but still in shambles’? Lol! You cannot make up this level of jealousy. I’ve never seen anyone so determined to try to put people down so badly. You do realize that says so much about YOU right?!

Anyhoo, if a sista has to take out loans to get her degree, so what? At least she’s getting it! And she’ll have to pay it back too-with that professional job the degree will allow her to have. Best investment ever! Right up there with a house. Maybe YOU should take out a loan to invest in some therapy. This anger you carry is really unhealthy.

And I think I saw single parent stats in my skim, yes? I said on page 1 that BA love black men unconditionally and fiercely-even those unworthy of their love. That’s how they end up being single moms.

Thank you for supporting my point.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 3:10am On Apr 07, 2019
THEKONGOEMPIRE,

Please explain what part of any stats you pulled up prove me wrong in the following:

BAs love fiercely, with loyalty and are attentive partners in a relationship who strive to make our men happy.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by TheKongoEmpire(m): 3:11am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

Well, excuse me for being off by 1%. 21% of BAs are in poverty-not 20%. Feel better now?

I’ll admit to just skimming a lot of the rest but from what I gather you pulled up stats about BAs and student loans??!! LOL! You had to concede that BA women are the most educated but ended with ‘but still in shambles’? Lol! You cannot make up this level of jealousy. I’ve never seen anyone so determined to try to put people down so badly. You do realize that says so much about YOU right?!

Anyhoo, if a sista has to take out loans to get her degree, so what? At least she’s getting it! And she’ll have to pay it back too-with that professional job the degree will allow her to have. Best investment ever! Right up there with a house. Maybe YOU should take out a loan to invest in some therapy. This anger you carry is really unhealthy.

And I think I saw single parent stats in my skim, yes? I said on page 1 that BA love black men unconditionally and fiercely-even those unworthy of their love. That’s how they end up being single moms.

You don't love black men, you know you can't play your foolish w/ other races of men. Again, why are BM hopping the fences at unprecedented rates if BW love them "unconditionally and fiercely"?

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 3:13am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:
You don't love black men, you know you can't play your foolish w/ other races of men. Again, why are BM hopping the fences at unprecedented rates if BW love them "unconditionally and fiercely"?
THEKONGOEMPIRE,

Please explain what part of any stats you pulled up prove me wrong in the following:

BAs love fiercely, with loyalty and are attentive partners in a relationship who strive to make our men happy.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by TheKongoEmpire(m): 3:14am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:
THEKONGOEMPIRE,

You can find the answer here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm6VgwetYaHTRvM9WE7VnLQ/videos
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 3:15am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:
Why do you care about who BA women love or don’t love

You seem pissed that no BA woman wants you.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by TheKongoEmpire(m): 3:17am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

"New Report Finds Student Debt Burden Has 'Disastrous Domino Effect' On Millions Of Americans"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dianahembree/2018/11/01/new-report-finds-student-debt-burden-has-disastrous-domino-effect-on-millions-of-americans/#2ad5179f12d1

This is what I mean by intellectual dishonesty. It's like you're not even trying.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by TheKongoEmpire(m): 3:18am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

Why do you care about who BA women love or don’t love

You seem pissed that no BA woman wants you.
Trust me, I just proved that I'm not missing out on anything.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 3:21am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:

You can find the answer here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm6VgwetYaHTRvM9WE7VnLQ/videos

Nothing there.

Look, If BA women are not your thing, COOL! But only a hurt person has this type of animosity. This thread is not even about Haitian men. So why does it bother you that BA women and Nigerian men are finding loving relationships with one another?? Bottom line is that hurt people (try to) hurt people. You seriously need help.

I’ll bet I put more into helping the people of Haiti then you do. You’d rather worry about people (BAs) who aren’t thinking about you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 3:23am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:

"New Report Finds Student Debt Burden Has 'Disastrous Domino Effect' On Millions Of Americans"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dianahembree/2018/11/01/new-report-finds-student-debt-burden-has-disastrous-domino-effect-on-millions-of-americans/#2ad5179f12d1

This is what I mean by intellectual dishonesty. It's like you're not even trying.

Sooooo....does Americans being in debt mean that BA women are not loving companions?!

I’m not getting you.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by edi287: 3:57am On Apr 07, 2019
OP - do you feel comfortable with being called akata??

Anyways I have aunties that are black americans and they are superb wives. They all learnt everything about the Igbo culture(two of them speak Igbo almost flawlessly).
It all boils down to these nonsense of making lazy stereotypes on a race based on the actions of a few.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by subbyraggy(m): 4:51am On Apr 07, 2019
Im married to one and its the best thing that ever happen to me in my life.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iRepNaija1: 5:54am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

1. Wikipedia is not a credible source.-Every English teacher since kindergarten.

2. We’re talking about BA women after emancipation-even before.

Your wiki source talks about how Europeans thought AFRICAN women were promiscuous because of the polygamy and unclothedness when they showed up on the continent in the 16-1700s!!!! It says the Jezebel stereotype was used by slave masters to justify raping their slaves.

Q: How does this relate to the average BA woman after slavery

A: It doesn’t.

1. Just because I got it from Wikipedia doesn't negate the fact that this is a prevalent stereotype associated with African-American women. Any black woman who was raised in America knows this. Have you seen the movie Monster's Ball with Halle Berry? Have you seen any hip-hop music video with half-naked black chick? Have you seen a blaxploitation film? But just for you, here's a link to a credible source:

https://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/jezebel/

2. Yes, it was initially used to identify African women but don't African-American woman descend from African slaves? The stereotype has gone beyond African women, and it hasn't died down just because it started hundreds of years ago.

Q: How does this relate to the average African-American woman after slavery?

A: It relates to African-American women because it is one of the main ways white men view black women. It's the reason why so many white men (and women) view African-American woman as loose, immoral, and oversêxed. You think ish just goes away because it happened during slavery? It a stereotype that still carries weight today. This sexualized image of the man-eating black woman is juxtaposed to the well-behaved white woman. The white woman remains a great wife, while black women are labeled as the best lovers.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iRepNaija1: 5:55am On Apr 07, 2019
TheKongoEmpire:

It doesn't stop in the US but the whole of the Americas.

Never said it stopped in the U.S.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2019
iRepNaija1:

1. Just because I got it from Wikipedia doesn't negate the fact that this is a prevalent stereotype associated with African-American women. Any black woman who was raised in America knows this. Have you seen the movie Monster's Ball with Halle Berry? Have you seen any hip-hop music video with half-naked black chick? Have you seen a blaxploitation film? But just for you, here's a link to a credible source:

https://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/jezebel/

2. Yes, it was initially used to identify African women but don't African-American woman descend from African slaves? The stereotype has gone beyond African women, and it hasn't died down just because it started hundreds of years ago.

Q: How does this relate to the average African-American woman after slavery?

A: It relates to African-American women because it is one of the main ways white men view black women. It's the reason why so many white men (and women) view African-American woman as loose, immoral, and oversêxed. You think ish just goes away because it happened during slavery? It a stereotype that still carries weight today. This sexualized image of the man-eating black woman is juxtaposed to the well-behaved white woman. The white woman remains a great wife, while black women are labeled as the best lovers.

I live in America. Born and raised. As were my parents and ancestors for CENTURIES. So I KNOW what the perception is "ON THE GROUND". You're in Nigeria relying on an American movie (that no one cared for) and hip hop music videos (which no one ever really watched and DEFINITELY no longer watches) to try to glean as much as you can about the people you love to hate. How does that make sense

It's clear you've never lived in America if you think that white men and/or women have ever viewed AA women as loose, immoral and oversexed.

[b]Every [/b]Nigerian who came in this thread and said that they are or have male relatives married to AA women AGREE that we are wonderful wives. So just stop already. Your jealousy of African-American women is obvious.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 6:32am On Apr 07, 2019
edi287:
OP - do you feel comfortable with being called akata??

Anyways I have aunties that are black americans and they are superb wives. They all learnt everything about the Igbo culture(two of them speak Igbo almost flawlessly).
It all boils down to these nonsense of making lazy stereotypes on a race based on the actions of a few.
Awww...So sweet to see you speak of your aunties in that way.

One Nigerian guy told me that he was amazed at the lengths we go through to learn about their culture and what makes them happy. He was shocked that his BA girlfriend went on youtube to learn about his culture and how to make a few of his favorite Nigerian dishes. I was thinking 'Okaaaayyy...How is that a surprise to you? ANY woman would do that for her man, but okay. Glad you're easily impressed." Apparently, the BAs he dated were the only ones who did that. (Then again, many of us are about reconnecting with our roots anyway.)

And I don't mind the word akata, as I know it to be an innocuous term for African-American.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2019
subbyraggy:
Im married to one and its the best thing that ever happen to me in my life.

This is soooooo sweet. Nothing like a man who appreciates his woman.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by uckennety(m): 10:43am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

�� I told you I’ve heard what Nigerians say. I’ve heard it used simply to mean black American. No vex. No wahala.

Huh your no longer akata if you know this much!

Much respect though

Wish we could know each other

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iammo(m): 10:58am On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

I live in America. Born and raised. As were my parents and ancestors for CENTURIES. So I KNOW what the perception is "ON THE GROUND". You're in Nigeria relying on an American movie (that no one cared for) and hip hop music videos (which no one ever really watched and DEFINITELY no longer watches) to try to glean as much as you can about the people you love to hate. How does that make sense

It's clear you've never lived in America if you think that white men and/or women have ever viewed AA women as loose, immoral and oversexed.

[b]Every [/b]Nigerian who came in this thread and said that they are or have male relatives married to AA women AGREE that we are wonderful wives. So just stop already. Your jealousy of African-American women is obvious

How did this lovely thread to share cultural knowledge and dispell untrue beliefs and rumors go south, kindly ignore such unnecessary arguments and tell us more about Black American Woman, for one thing I love how you stand your ground firmly

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iRepNaija1: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

[b]Every [/b]Nigerian who came in this thread and said that they are or have male relatives married to AA women AGREE that we are wonderful wives. So just stop already. Your jealousy of African-American women is obvious.

Lol. You don't who I am and you don't know where I live. Don't assume ish about me. Now you've started attacking me instead of my arguments because you don't have anything worth saying in response. Did you ask everyone in the world if they haven't seen Monster's Ball? That movie and many more perpetuate the Jezebel stereotype. Did you talk to everyone in the world and ask them if they don't watch hip-hop music videos with half-naked black chicks? Again, seen or not seen, those music videos demonstrate that black women are seen as oversexed and promiscuous. You like making blanket statements but can't back up your comments.

I hate African-Americans? I haven't said one disparaging thing about African-American women. I talked about the terrible, negative stereotype that continues to define how they're viewed by some white men/women. You're the one who keeps referring to African-American women as akata. It's in the title of your thread. Your username has Akata in it. No African-American woman in her right mind would refer to herself as such. I know what I'm talking about because I actually bring facts to an argument.

I'm not jealous. I don't care if Nigerian men marry African-American women. People can marry whoever they want. The only thing you're trying to do is distract others who may read this by focusing on a point--whether African-American women are good wives to Nigerian men--I never mentioned in my original post to you or my subsequent responses.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
AkataWoman:

I come to this conclusion by being born and raised in the US as the descendant of slaves who’ve been on US soil for centuries.

BA women have at no point in history had the ‘slutty, promiscuous’ stereotype in this country. Ever. We’ve had other stereotypes but not that one.

I disagree with you. I wish I could upload a video which has circulated widely on whatsapp.

An African American man, speaking about the general decline in the values of African American women.

Unfortunately, I can't lay my hands on the video, but the man was speaking at an open place like a park, and he wore some sort of ceremonial uniform.

Now it is not possible to cast a whole race into one stereotype, because individuals will definitely be different. But the "Babymama" phenomenon is predominantly an African American problem.

Caucasians and other races are rarely classified as such, perhaps due to the stigma of poverty associated with the word.

So I can't definitely say all black American women are sexually loose, but this generation of black people, certainly satisfied more freaky, lude and indecent behavior.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
renewa29:

I disagree with you. I wish I could upload a video which has circulated widely on whatsapp.

An African American man, speaking about the general decline in the values of African American women.

Unfortunately, I can't lay my hands on the video, but the man was speaking at an open place like a park, and he wore some sort of ceremonial uniform.

Now it is not possible to cast a whole race into one stereotype, because individuals will definitely be different. But the "Babymama" phenomenon is predominantly an African American problem.

Caucasians and other races are rarely classified as such, perhaps due to the stigma of poverty associated with the word.

So I can't definitely say all black American women are sexually loose, but this generation of black people, certainly satisfied more freaky, lude and indecent behavior.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
iRepNaija1:

Lol. You don't who I am and you don't know where I live. Don't assume ish about me. Now you've started attacking me instead of my arguments because you don't have anything worth saying in response. Did you ask everyone in the world if they haven't seen Monster's Ball? That movie and many more perpetuate the Jezebel stereotype. Did you talk to everyone in the world and ask them if they don't watch hip-hop music videos with half-naked black chicks? Again, seen or not seen, those music videos demonstrate that black women are seen as oversexed and promiscuous. You like making blanket statements but can't back up your comments.

I hate African-Americans? I haven't said one disparaging thing about African-American women. I talked about the terrible, negative stereotype that continues to define how they're viewed by some white men/women. You're the one who keeps referring to African-American women as akata. It's in the title of your thread. Your username has Akata in it. No African-American woman in her right mind would refer to herself as such. I know what I'm talking about because I actually bring facts to an argument.

I'm not jealous. I don't care if Nigerian men marry African-American women. People can marry whoever they want. The only thing you're trying to do is distract others who may read this by focusing on a point--whether African-American women are good wives to Nigerian men--I never mentioned in my original post to you or my subsequent responses.
The fact that you base your perception of how Whites view black women (which is IRRELEVANT anyway) on a movie, hip hop videos and a link tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of America.

Don’t throw rocks then try to hide your hand. Your sole purpose was to argue that BA women are viewed as sexually immoral. Based off of a movie and hip hop videos. Neither of which has ever been respected in the US.

Did you ever figure out if your man was cheating and why he didn’t want you to visit him at his school? That’s what you need to worry about. Did he leave you for an akata woman? Is that why you think we’re so loose?
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
iRepNaija1:

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=AkataWoman post=77339890][/quote]

Every single Nigerian in this thread has had nothing but extremely positive things to say about BA women as wives to Nigerian men.

Girl bye.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
can an akata woman pound pounded yams for me? cheesy
can an akata woman cook 4 me? cheesy
can an akata woman twerk for me? cheesy?
see ehn iyam a typical african man o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
renewa29:

So now an AA man speaking in a park is the defining authority on how AA women are viewed in America? Lol! The laughs I’m getting right now! You can’t make this stuff up! If I wasn’t reading this with my own eyes, I wouldn’t believe people can be this silly.

‘Baby mama” is definitely an AA term. Our twist on “single mother” which pertains to women of ALL races. While single motherhood is definitely a thing in the black community, it has less to do with the women being widely promiscuous and more to do with them giving themselves to the wrong man-something I’ve addressed. Those same baby mama will often go to school and work their asses off to take care of those children on her own.

None of what you claim disputes the fact that AA women are good, loving partners who go all out for their men. And Nigerian men are realizing this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Your Issue With Sa/ Zimbabwean Women Who Are Not Naija? / World richest Kingtblakhoc Poses With His Sex Object / Animals Enjoy Sex Too: The Look On Lion's Face While Mating A Lioness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.