Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! (14316 Views)

When you come across any Lady With the Entitlement Mentality, tell her this. / Dear Guys, Please avoid ladies with the Entitlement Mentality. / Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2019
shaybebaby:
Gu.est007, are you just here to be a guest? Talk na! tongue

I've talk my own... undecided

I hope you're enjoyin the weekend, whats the plan for the evenin?
Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by shaybebaby(f): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
Guest007:

I've talk my own... undecided

I hope you're enjoyin the weekend, whats the plan for the evenin?
Arguing with little Prince before he is washed.. He put my foundation all over his legs angry

Might have a drop of whiskey to calm my nerves afterwards grin, you?
Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2019
shaybebaby:

Arguing with little Prince before he is washed.. He put my foundation all over his legs angry

Might have a drop of whiskey to calm my nerves afterwards grin, you?

Aaaah, he wants to tan by force tongue

Revision, I'm going to have a nap and work through the night... embarassed
Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Mariangeles(f): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
Preshy561:

You telling people how to live their lives?

Smh undecided
Truth is hard to swallow, I know.

Especially, when you're totally dependent on the monthly stipends you get .

Come closer let whisper something into your ears....closer...closer...The lesser you ask from guys, the more they want to spend on you.

There's nothing more attractive than a lady who can pay for what she wants...no guy fit do shakara for those kind ladies .

But as for leeches, your man says jump, you say how high . kiss

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Preshy561(f): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2019
Mariangeles:

Come closer let whisper something into your ears....closer...closer...The lesser you ask from guys, the more they want to spend on you.

There's nothing more attractive than a lady who can pay for what she wants...no guy fit do shakara for those kind ladies .

But as for leech, your man says jump, you say how high . kiss
I'm not here to banter words with You, cos obviously, you don't supercede on that.
Onething I'm here to say is that, jealousy kills faster than you can imagine babe.
Go feed your impoverished and destitute boyfriend/husband in peace and leave the ones that has set standards for themselves alone.
I wonder why you wanna drag everybody to your level.

Okay? Bye.
Don't bother mentioning me, I won't grace you with a response.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by crackhaus: 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
Daeylar:

So what should ladies feel entitled to? Horrible treatment from guys?
Why should a normal human being be annoyed because a woman sets high standards and demands to receive it?

Why the hell should this be annoying to anyone?
What should we feel entitled to then? undecided to be ignored?
To not be given gifts?
What the hell is this thread?

This is a good message which you could have just given without the hate and bile you're piling on women (for no reason if i might add) asking and receiving money and things from men

Extort? Please how do women extort anything from these men? Do they carry a gun or carry gangs and force these men to give them money? Do they kidnap the man or his family members or friends and refuse to release said man or friends until their demand are met? Do they use force?
Why these melodramatics all over the place?

Why? If I want something and I ask someone to get it for me and the person agrees to get it for me. Why is your body scratching you? Why are you in pains? Sifia pains non the less

So being an independent woman means you must do everything for and by yourself and can never ask for anything from anyone?
Smh

There is nothing wrong with depending on a guy for stipends if she wishes. It's a free world, we must not live like copies of each other, as long as the guy she is asking for doesn't mind, it's no one's business.
Besides.
ITS HER DAMN BODY. IF SHE WANTS TO GIVE IT FOR A GODDAMN TOOTHPICK IT'S HER GODDAMN BUSINESS WHATS YOUR DAMN PROBLEM?

and after starting all the businesses in the world if she chooses to ask her man for something. Will it stop her?
Mtchewww

To who? How?
They ask and they get and it's paining you so you brand them as blood sucking leeches. Instead of you to deal with your envy, jealousy and your pain. You're busy throwing tantrums and labeling women foolishly. Learn to mind your business, instead of asking women to start business. Take your own advice and Start one so you can mind it. Stop displaying jealousy and hate all over the place.

This is good for the girl. Why does this message need to be accompanied by all the hate and insults to girls who ask for money from men?

If a girl wants to share the bill. More power to her, if she doesn't, more power to her.
It's disgusting to bash women just because they choose to live a different life from yours. If we don't bash women who share bills then women who don't need to be left alone.

And so what if she doesn't buy her own clothes or pay for her hair or her accessories?

The only thing that has to stop is your goddamn hysterics over a girl getting her life funded by a man.
your jealousy, your envy and your hate, that is what needs to stop
Get help.
This isn't cute nor healthy This ridiculous unnecessary hate towards women who ask for money and clothes and hair is not right.

Do you know that someone can be an independent woman and still receive gifts and get everything paid for by her man?
You don't even know what it means to be independent.
You think being independent means you can never ever lean on anyone for anything and no one can help you with anything at all.

Quite pathetic.
You're not very bright.

A typical case of someone suffering from a condition called the Dunning-Kruger effect, I believe I've typed that to you before in a quote.

All I see from the OP is someone telling women to add value to themselves and not be entitled to a man's money. Personally and as a matter of fact, I even feel a woman can be entitled to a man's gifts and cash ONLY after she has value - not because she is a woman who deserves to be spoilt by men and certainly not because she has a puccy.

If a woman feels she's entitled to my money just because she is a woman, then every other woman is also entitled to it as well. She MUST not be offended or nag me when I decide to start splurging on another woman who has better game than she does. The only thing that will make a man focus his finances on just one woman for a very long time is her VALUE - less the value she adds to the man but more the value she has given herself.

Being a woman who can birth children and create life and so therefore is deserving of men's spoilage (pun intended), IS NOT value but entitlement because there are plenty other women who can do that as well. This is the point.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2019
Oh please just stop it. Gifts, momey, everything is all in correlation with my argument. You guys just want to oppress your opinion on me, it’s not going to work ahbeg. You should know safiaa by now. Thank you.
truthsayer009:

I believe you should be smarter than this na! You went along a whole thread of 8 pages arguing about ENTITLEMENT & not receiving gifts.

If this was about Gifts, we should have close this thread in the 2nd page & called it a day.

Just because a maniac from Family section called Daeylar has come to talk doesn't mean we are all foolish on this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2019
And when did I ever talk about demanding anything ? And even if that’s the case, are you not a human being with a mouth that can simply say NO.

I don’t demand, I expect you to do what I desire. And if you can’t do it I move on. There is a huge difference between demanding and expecting. I’m entitled to have any expectation deemed fit, just like any man who expects his woman to act and do things in a certain way. You will not oppress me for having standards. You will not oppress me for desiring a guy with money. You will not oppress me for expecting a guy to spend on me, simply because of your insecurities. You will not guilt trip me into lowering or modifying my standards to fit your preference. If you don’t like it, you can stop quoting me. It’s as simple as abc,
Mariangeles:
Don't twist things to suit your narrative .
Nobody said you shouldn't accept gifts.
Just don't demand for it if you're not a wife.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Mariangeles(f): 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
Preshy561:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your lazy broke ass is high-larious do you realize that ? grin

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Mariangeles(f): 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2019
crackhaus:

You're not very bright.

A typical case of someone suffering from a condition called the Dunning-Kruger effect, I believe I've typed that to you before in a quote.

All I see from the OP is someone telling women to add value to themselves and not be entitled to a man's money. Personally and as a matter of fact, I even feel a woman can be entitled to a man's gifts and cash ONLY after she has value - not because she is a woman who deserves to be spoilt by men and certainly not because she has a puccy.

If a woman feels she's entitled to my money just because she is a woman, then every other woman is also entitled to it as well. She MUST not be offended or nag me when I decide to start splurging on another woman who has better game than she does. The only thing that will make a man focus his finances on just one woman for a very long time is her VALUE - less the value she adds to the man but more the value she has given herself.

Being a woman who can birth children and create life and so therefore is deserving of men's spoilage (pun intended), IS NOT value but entitlement because there are plenty other women who can do that as well. This is the point.
Thank for this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2019
Saffi:
Oh please just stop it. Gifts, momey, everything is all in correlation with my argument. You guys just want to oppress your opinion on me, it’s not going to work ahbeg. You should know safiaa by now. Thank you.

No one is trying to oppress you, Gifts was never in this discussion. You are trying to wiggle your way out of this which is unnecessary, as you have taken a stand already. So be it. The bone of contention was that as a spouse in a relationship or marriage, you said you would never contribute financially & all you will do is motivate him in other ways, you actually gave an explanation of those other ways when asked.

In the process of dating you or trying to win your love etc, Will he not buy you gifts? Abi he would just jump into your life like Parachute?

You are not talking to dummies abeg, your have your opinion & you have made it clear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
Pleaseee it’s okay jare. I’m reading your comment Nd the information is not even entering my brain because you’re just rambling on about nothing. I simply agreed with what the lady said and now you’re typing jargons in my mentions. It is okay jare, don’t take offence undecided
truthsayer009:

No one is trying to oppress you, Gifts was never in this discussion. You are trying to wiggle your way out of this which is unnecessary, as you have taken a stand already. So be it. The bone of contention was that as a spouse in a relationship or marriage, you would never be contribute financially & all you will do is motivate him in other ways, you actually gave an explanation of those other ways when asked.

In the process of dating you or trying to win your love etc, Will he not buy you gifts? Abi he would just jump into your life like Parachute?

You are not talking to dummies abeg, your have your opinion & you have made it clear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
Saffi:
Pleaseee it’s okay jare. I’m reading your comment Nd the information is not even entering my brain because you’re just rambling on about nothing. I simply agreed with what the lady said and now you’re typing jargons in my mentions. It is okay jare, don’t take offence undecided

Exactly this is how a stupid person reacts when they have nothing sensible to say. My post was clear and concise.

The environment you claim to live doesn't even have any positive impact on you or your brain. You simply think like someone who came from the gutters in the lowest place in Ajegunle and want a Man to save you from poverty that you cannot save yourself from.

No one is trying to oppress you, the fact the you feel oppressed shows your inferiority complex. This is a public forum and we are having mature arguments.

I see that your brain is too little to comprehend anything positive.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ok
truthsayer009:

Exactly this is how a stupid person reacts when they have nothing sensible to say. My post was clear and concise.

The environment you claim to live doesn't even have any positive impact on you or your brain. You simply think like someone who came from the gutters in the lowest place im Ajegunle and want a Man to save you from poverty that you cannot save yourself from.

No one is trying to oppress you, the fact the you feel oppressed shows your inferiority complex. This is a public forum and we are having mature arguments.

I see that your brain is too little to comprehend anything positive.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
Saffi:
Ok

Your sarcastic "OK" doesn't not change anything, I have passed my message across.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Toseenlove: 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2019
Saffi:
What does financial independence have to do with you providing in a relationship? I can have all the money In the world but as long as you decide to come into my life, you must be willing to empty pockets. There They’re many men who can cook for themselves but they still expect their partners to cook for them. So what is your point?

Thank God I'm not among those silly lazy men. But sorry u sound extremely daft. You mean because we are dating, So I should empty my account for u. Na mumu u be I swear!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by kense88: 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2019
Omega30:
If you are sincere, I would love to date u for control experiment sake for just one month .No money asking, no sex.U call me, I call you.I give u stuff willingly, u should reciprocate the nice gestures too.And no cheating on both sides.If u are game, I will send my contacts to you and I will update the house at the end of the one month if truly u( girls) can really do it to buttress your point.
Story. Even that sex they claim they don't want, they will actually ask for it, assuming there is no means of cheating. Na guys dey fool dem selves las las

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
But jam one correct independent babe now you will run and call her a feminist. Most men in naija Can not handle a babe that drives let alone lives by herself. They’ll start questioning and criticising the babe even before having a conversation with her. But you are the same niggaz online shouting that you want an independent lady and you despise “leeches”. You want an independent lady as long as she stays stagnant, not making more money than you, abiii? Shior you think you are fooling anybody ? Is it not amaka from the village that you will later marry, just to have that authority and control, you’re a bunch of stupid hypocrites. Any woman that decides to take anything that you men say serious, is setting a death trap for herself.
Mariangeles:

But as for leeches, your man says jump, you say how high . kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Biglittlelois(f): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
As much as all arguments here are valid, it still boils down to MEN being the sole instigator of this entitlement mentality, everyone cannot be the same, there will always be men who will continue to give these entitled women till the end of time if you like preach till tomorrow, everyone cannot think alike, nothing is balanced in this world, there will always be givers, takers, entitled, self sufficient, independent, dependent MEN and WOMEN, the earlier we get this fact of life the better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Biglittlelois:
As much as all arguments here are valid, it still boils down to MEN being the sole instigator of this entitlement mentality, everyone cannot be the same, there will always be men who will continue to give these entitled women till the end of time if you like preach till tomorrow, everyone cannot think alike, nothing is balanced in this world, there will always be givers, takers, entitled, self sufficient, independent, dependent MEN and WOMEN, the earlier we get this fact of life the better.

I think it's high time they really understood that. I'm for one who preaches self sufficience and adding value(s) to oneself, but for how long can you preach to every goddamn person? This thing is already a vicious cycle. Preach and preach and preach and preach, men will still give and the women will still be leeches. No one should come online to preach to people on how they should act.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Biglittlelois(f): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I think it's high time they really understood that. I'm for one who preaches self sufficience and adding value(s) to oneself, but for how long can you preach to every goddamn person? This thing is already a vicious cycle. Preach and preach and preach and preach, men will still give and the women will still be leeches. No one should come online to preach to people on how they should act.

Like I'm tired of hearing "ladies always demanding" bla bla bla, who cares, that is what they choose to be cos the men in their life made them like that, there will always be ladies like that now and always, same way there are men like that too e.g some gay people, for two men in a relationship there will always be one who is richer and one who demands and depends on the other, I was watching botched recently and the gay man actually said he doesn't work that his partner is paying for his lip augmentation, all he has to do is look good for him lol, same also boytoys, their sole purpose is to service sugar mumy's for money that's all, everyone is not wired the same, the world is changing, there will always be leeches in both genders not only women cos it is working for them, same way there will always be self sufficient independent men and women cos it is working for them too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by TimiRume(f): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
Very funny thread. This thread sweet gan. I love how the real Alpha queens held it down from the start.

To all the ladies, nope i'm not referring to you independent warrior men-women (because i don't even consider you to be women as you lack that feminine wisdom that has preserved Womanhood from the ancient times) , we live in a time of great Hypocrisy, where so many men want to eat their cakes and have it! Do not fall for their deceits. Let them not fool you into lowering your standards while they keep theirs as high as ever.

My Dad can cook better than my mum by far but i can count how many times he has entered the kitchen. My mum cooks, washes his clothes, keeps the house in order, attends to our emotional needs and his etc. For my my mum, she has been running her business very well for 2 decades now but does not provide kobo for house keeping with the exception of very minor expenses. And we are doing just fine

^I suspect this to be the case in most Nigerian homes. It would be highly wicked for a man to expect his wife to contribute to his own responsibility while leaving the woman to do all of hers. That is too much burden on a woman.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by MJBOLT: 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
9 pages gone shocked
Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2019
TimiRume:
Very funny thread. This thread sweet gan. I love how the real Alpha queens held it down from the start.

To all the ladies, nope i'm not referring to you independent warrior men-women (because i don't even consider you to be women as you lack that feminine wisdom that has preserved Womanhood from the ancient times) , we live in a time of great Hypocrisy, where so many men want to eat their cakes and have it! Do not fall for their deceits. Let them not fool you into lowering your standards while they keep theirs as high as ever.

thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
TimiRume:

My Dad can cook better than my mum by far but i can count how many times he has entered the kitchen. My mum cooks, washes his clothes, keeps the house in order, attends to our emotional needs and his etc. For my my mum, she has been running her business very well for 2 decades now but does not provide kobo for house keeping with the exception of very minor expenses. And we are doing just fine

^I suspect this to be the case in most Nigerian homes. It would be highly wicked for a man to expect his wife to contribute to his own responsibility while leaving the woman to do all of hers. That is too much burden on a woman.

Erm… so, men are stupid? or Nigerian men are stupid

it's cute about your mum, it worked for her man... we have washing machines and life has moved on btw.
our generation need to roll with life, these women preaching the 'Provider' mantra, they are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Our world has evolved and if we don't evolve with it then you know what nature does to the weak.

Our brothers want to swim in women for free and our lil sister priced the market. Also, Feminine qualities aren't set in stone and like everything else it's fluid. Things are not okay the way they are so... something has to change.

To those giving up, lol. the nay Sayers, every change in society goes through a social panel... tongue

we are sick off seeing our sister marketing their pum-pum for wigs, make-up and phone... That is not feminine it's weak. cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Ginalex(f): 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
Saffi:
Preeeachhhhhhhhhhh!

They think being independent means accepting no favours or gestures from anyone just because I want to prove a point? For what? These men can be so ridiculous it’s unbelievable.
Accepting favours or gestures isn't the problem... Feeling he owes you those (entitlement mentality) simply because y'all are dating is...

1 Like

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
You call it entitlement mentality, I call it standards. Capish?
Ginalex:
Accepting favours or gestures isn't the problem... Feeling he owes you those (entitlement mentality) simply because y'all are dating is...

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Ginalex(f): 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Saffi:
K

1 Like

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by kingkuntaval: 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
Saffi:

Standards...WTF.. Does your concept of "standards" stem from what you've personally achieved in life, or by default you think you're better than other girls, I'm almost certain that either way you don't tick both boxes, so STFU dumbo.
NOBODY OWES NOBODY SHITTT... fucc outta here.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Toseenlove: 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
truthsayer009:

Excuses Excuses Excuses. There is not a single woman on earth who doesn't see Sex as a transaction. Even my Pastor's Wife inclusive, no one is a saint in this one. I was not born yesterday baby girl, I can't & won't be fooled by you.

Your sister can definitely sign a Prenup. Right now, you can even marry & retain your last name, choice is yours.

PS: Sex is a transaction, It has always been, it always be & Money is not the only mode of such transaction as oppose to what you think.

Pls stop saying Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ok
kingkuntaval:

Standards...WTF.. Does your concept of "standards" stem from what you've personally achieved in life, or by default you think you're better than other girls, I'm almost certain that either way you don't tick both boxes, so STFU dumbo.
NOBODY OWES NOBODY SHITTT... fucc outta here.
Re: Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! by Toseenlove: 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
shaybebaby:

You are entitled to your opinion but I must say that, give a little room for doubt. You may just be pleasantly surprised.

I understand that your opinion is valid in certain environments like Nigeria. But there is poverty in the land, and for many it is simply a form of survival..monetising whatever perceived advantages they have. Not their fault, it is because of the limited opportunities for men and women alike to self actualize. Why give away for free something that could possibly help you access a better life? This is the thought for many.

However, if there were abundant opportunities for all, sex becomes but one of many options and thus women are actually empowered to make better choices. Why have sex for money, probably with someone you don't even like or find attractive when you can actually get that money elsewhere by yourself freeing you to have sex when you actually want to and with someone you actually fancy?

And for men, when money or material things are no longer a la mode because women no longer have to wait for them, you can actually be with a woman knowing she wants you for you and not what you can/cannot afford to give her.

See, women being independent is a win-win for all.

Hmmm so much sense In just one post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of My Dick Size. Please Advice Needed / Are You Man Enough For Bromance? / Ladies, This Is It... MUST READ!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.