Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) (14557 Views)

Victor Banjo Was Killed By Ojukwu Because He Spoke Yoruba With Awolowo / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen / Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

Don't attempt to twist history. Only one Afonja fought for Biafrans and ironically, that was among the biggest ever as just like typical Afonja, he was a conniveing snake who literally betrayed the men he was supposed to be leading and had faith in him...As one can see anyone that ever trusted you demons always come out with their hands burned and a knife in their back.
More example of history distortion from you lots. We live in the internet era Incase you demons forgot. This is not the era of Lagos-Ibadan propaganda machine. The British left the Northern in charge when they left..Zik had no contribution to that.

Some of you just regurgitate what you were told. Not only Banjo fought on the Biafran side, you have no idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Do you see you are a dummy! Why did they split Nigeria to regional government if the people of each ethnic group cannot represent themselves?

You mean an Igbo Azikwe will be ruling on the Yorubas who have their own Obas and remember that time English language is not wide spread. So if they are trying to create awareness Azikwe will be speaking to the agbekoyas( farmers) in English or bad Yoruba intonation?

Everything is wrong with Azikwe trying to become the premier of the western region, why can’t you guys just put yourselves in other people shoes and stop pushing narratives you will never accept.

The Bold alone shows me the level of idicrocracy I'm about to deal with. please direct to me the part of your Niggeria's constitution at that time that states a regional government must be ruled by sometime of that region. Until you can provide evidence of such, I have no time reading stupidity in defense of una creating tribalism in that shithole's government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

The Bold alone shows me the level of idicrocracy I'm about to deal with. please direct to me the part of your Niggeria's constitution at that time that states a regional government must be ruled by sometime of that region. Until you can provide evidence of such, I have no time reading stupidity in defense of una creating tribalism in that shithole's government.

If Yorubas were being tribal Zik wouldn't have won a single Yoruba vote.

5 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Guestlander:

Some of you just regurgitate what you were told. Not only Banjo fought on the Biafran side, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Dum Dum Igbo history have been a fascination of mine for years now thus, I'm highly knowledgeable of igbo history especially Biafran history. List the so called other Yorubas beside Banjo that fought for Biafrans and provide evidence to back it up.. I'm all ears.

Educate me on the so called Afonjas that were Biafran soliders

9 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

The tribalism we seeing today was laid down by awolowo.

We treat him as a brother but nothing knowing he bears vile and grudges hoping to backstab any moment.

There are things you can't take away from a man and as for awolowo u can't take tribalism away from him.

Was it not for the role he played for the northern masters that he was awarded GCFR( yet on recorded, he didn't rule Nigeria) needless he died in the hands of those he worked for......What a life.

He bite the finger that fed him,sheltered him even released him , he think he is in their good book to fight igbos but at the end what happened he died regretting his actions.

Why do you guys churn out lies and still believe the lies you created. Ojukwu never released Awolowo, Yakubu Gowon released Awolowo and if you deny that fact I will upload the pictures where Gowon was releasing awolowo.

Secondly, Awolowo spent most of his political life in the opposition, Azikiwe was the one that betrayed the south by aligning with the Fulani to form a government multiple times and Azikwe should be term a backstabber.

Lol, the Igbos saying they treat Awolowo as a brother, when, how, and where?

You just sit down and believe the propaganda propagated by the likes of Ojukwu and swallow info without thorough scrutiny.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
Guestlander:

Old wives tale. People who have never read a single book on what went on during the period will also come to Nairaland to regurgitate what their illiterate uncle told them.

Every single thing I wrote there was a pure fact.

Obafemi Awolowo (1909-1987) remains the only Nigerian with the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) title, the highest in the country, that was never a President.

Sometimes it will seem as though God knows how to reciprocate a man who at any slightest means whips up ethnic colouration to issues.

Is only suprising that some persons are trying to justify his actions

Whatever I submitted is a fact.

9 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

Dum Dum Igbo history have been a fascination of mine for years now thus, I'm highly knowledgeable of igbo history especially Biafran history. List the so called other Yorubas beside Banjo that fought for Biafrans and provide evidence to back it up.. I'm all ears.

This is not the first time this will be discussed on Nairaland. My mission here is not to educate you, just to shoot down your lies.

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
Ask your parents how difficult it was for them to marry. You did see where I said it happens but it’s difficult with several back & forths

It was NOT difficult for my parents to marry. Nor was it difficult for my cousin to marry his Anglican wife nor have I had any problem with parents of any of the Igbo women that I date that were Anglican. Only your delusion tells you it's difficult. Our reality does not correspond to your delusion.

8 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
Despite the British machinations, NPC didn’t win enough seats. Still needed to partner with one other region. Zik had the chance for Southern unity but was pressured by the British (he had a corruption case from the collapse of ACB bank where people’s funds were embezzled) into going with the North because the British wanted the North in power as they had proven to be simple and easy to control not like the huppity Westerners who had been agitating to sack the British since 1950

Ikenna0b:

Don't attempt to twist history. Only one Afonja fought for Biafrans and ironically, that was among the biggest ever as just like typical Afonja, he was a conniveing snake who literally betrayed the men he was supposed to be leading and had faith in him...As one can see anyone that ever trusted you demons always come out with their hands burned and a knife in their back.
More example of history distortion from you lots. We live in the internet era Incase you demons forgot. This is not the era of Lagos-Ibadan propaganda machine. The British left the Northern in charge when they left..Zik had no contribution to that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
This one is mad.

Awolowo brought tribalism to Nigerian politics? So there was no tribe in Nigeria before 1914?

Osagyefo98:

The tribalism we seeing today was laid down by awolowo.

We treat him as a brother but nothing knowing he bears vile and grudges hoping to backstab any moment.

There are things you can't take away from a man and as for awolowo u can't take tribalism away from him.

Was it not for the role he played for the northern masters that he was awarded GCFR( yet on recorded, he didn't rule Nigeria) needless he died in the hands of those he worked for......What a life.

He bite the finger that fed him,sheltered him even released him , he think he is in their good book to fight igbos but at the end what happened he died regretting his actions.

7 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
Guestlander:

This is not the first time this will be discussed on Nairaland. My mission here is not to educate you, just to shoot down your lies.

I thought so just pure bullshit. Seriously, thought we are still in the era where Afonja's can write any bullshit and people automatically believes it. Good bye. Next time you want to write propaganda, remember we're in the internet era. Now swerve

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2019
What exactly does Awo's tribalism mean ?

Were there no tribes in Nigeria before 1914? How can you even make sense to yourself ?

Ikenna0b:

See ultimate cognitive distortion. What illogical nonsense is this in your pathetic attempt to justify Awolowo's tribalism? A Yoruba did not run as Northern or Eastern premier thus, how the Bleep did you come into the conclusion they wouldn't have allowed it if such never occurred. Considering, Niggeria did not practice tribal politics as it does now, chances are such would have occurred if it happened. The second Awolowo displayed the tribal politics, he influenced everyone else to have the mentality of if you're not my tribe, you can't rule my region. Your people are solely responsible of the hellhole that became your Niggeria politics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
Despite the British machinations, NPC didn’t win enough seats. Still needed to partner with one other region. Zik had the chance for Southern unity but was pressured by the British (he had a corruption case from the collapse of ACB bank where people’s funds were embezzled) into going with the North because the British wanted the North in power as they had proven to be simple and easy to control not like the huppity Westerners who had been agitating to sack the British since 1950

Evidence of the so called Zik's corruption case. That's all I'm interested to see..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Why do you guys churn out lies and still believe the lies you created. Ojukwu never released Awolowo, Yakunu gowon released Awolowo and if you deny that fact I will upload the pictures where Gowon was releasing awolowo.

Secondly, Awolowo spent most of his political life aim the opposition, the Azikiwe was the one that betrayed the south by aligning with the Fulani to form a government multiple times and Azikwe should be term a backstabber.

Lol, the Igbos saying they treat Awolowo as a brother, when, how, and where?

You just sit down and believe the propaganda propagated by the likes of Ojukwu and swallow info without thorough scrutiny.

The lies of gowon even till tomorrow will hunt him. Forget media shops and pictures because even till this day Gowon has vehemently refused to own up to truth. He can't speak let alone react because he is afraid of the truth.

Anyday Gowon decides to speak the truth will he get salvation.

Fulani herdsmen pervading benue, why has he refused to own up that he was pact to such agreement.

Leave your pictures.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Why should Zik, a man foreign to the Yoruba country be Premier of the West? Zik was a greedy, ethnocentric & selfish politician. He is the one who tried to make Western Nigeria fair game as if the people that own the land don't have sense. You people are a bunch of evil cry babies.

Ikenna0b:

See ultimate cognitive distortion. What illogical nonsense is this in your pathetic attempt to justify Awolowo's tribalism? A Yoruba did not run as Northern or Eastern premier thus, how the Bleep did you come into the conclusion they wouldn't have allowed it if such never occurred. Considering, Niggeria did not practice tribal politics as it does now, chances are such would have occurred if it happened. The second Awolowo displayed the tribal politics, he influenced everyone else to have the mentality of if you're not my tribe, you can't rule my region. Your people are solely responsible of the hellhole that became your Niggeria politics

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
Oga forget Banjo, nobody cares about y'all.

Ikenna0b:

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
naijalander:
This one is mad.

Awolowo brought tribalism to Nigerian politics? So there was no tribe in Nigeria before 1914?

Get back to school and get a formal education then come for reply.

3 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
You keep swearing like someone bereft of intellectual heft. People have been living with Igbos for decades now and understand who you people are.
Dominate, dominate, dominate. Always making noise. Yoruba just don’t make noise.
Look in the US. Which Igbo man has reached the heights in the finance world of Ogunlesi or Yeitlin or US government of Adewale Wally? British Govt has Yoruba ministers. We have the only Nobel laureate out of Nigeria. Before you compare Soyinka and Achebe, just go read their works. Soyinka was without compare.
The deep illustrations of the Yoruba language makes it unique.
Only joint heart and brain surgeon, first interventional internal gynecologist who operated on a baby in the womb. We won’t hear word when one Igbo manages to get somewhere.
Okonjo Iweala I respect a lot for her achievements but she is probably the only one out there.

Ikenna0b:

I thought so just pure bullshit. Seriously, thought we are still in the era where Afonja's can write Abby bullshit and people automatically believes it. Good bye. Next time you want to write propaganda, remember we're in the internet era. Now swerve

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

I thought so just pure bullshit. Seriously, thought we are still in the era where Afonja's can write any bullshit and people automatically believes it. Good bye. Next time you want to write propaganda, remember we're in the internet era. Now swerve

Even one single Yoruba life is too much for your dumb war. Now scram

2 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
naijalander:
What exactly does Awo's tribalism mean ?

Were there no tribes in Nigeria before 1914? How can you even make sense to yourself ?

The Bleep? We're talking about the instability politics the shithole display and call democracy. I've already posted earlier comments on what is Awolowo's tribalism as stated by elites. If you need further details, go back and reread them. I'm tired of repeating myself.

8 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
It's called common sense you dimwit. Igbo migration to the West can be traced no earlier than the 1920s & they want to be premier. You, your fada, your mother, your Igbo neighbors, Zik, Ironsi, all of you are mad.

Ikenna0b:

4 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Just google around until you find books about the collapse of ACB and what the British thought about it

Ikenna0b:

Evidence of the so called Zik's corruption case. That's all I'm interested to see..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

You should know the Yorubas are people with sound intellectual mindsets and far superior in thinking with the ability to undergo restraint even at difficult situations.

Each and everyone on this thread already debunked your tales by moonlight regurgitated by your ancestors to defame Awolowo who no one in your tribe can match in terms of achievement and service to his tribe and naija in general.

Your tribe are what should be termed educated illiterates, who believe lies and regurgitate the lies with the same magnitude of stupidity. I knew the Igbos have sub-brain when almost 80% of a tribe believed Buhari is cloned as Jubrin and the demographics include both your educated fellow and illiterates.

With people with such level of brain, anybody can control them with propaganda, which is what Ojukwu did to polarize your thinking and Kanu did the same thing coz you guys can be easily controlled by lies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
Are you too dumb to understand that Nigeria is not and was never a country formed based on intercultural communication?

A State consisting of multiple ethnic nationalities & you are shouting tribal politics, what other politics is there to play ? Yorubas even being members of the NCNC shows you are progressive they are. What are you?

Ikenna0b:

The Bleep? We're talking about the instability politics the shithole display and call democracy. I've already posted earlier comments on what is Awolowo's tribalism as stated by elites. If you need further details, go back and reread them. I'm tired of repeating myself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Awolowo does not owe anyone of you any apology, which actions are you talking about? enlighten us please.

Osagyefo98:

Every single thing I wrote there was a pure fact.

Obafemi Awolowo (1909-1987) remains the only Nigerian with the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) title, the highest in the country, that was never a President.

Sometimes it will seem as though God knows how to reciprocate a man who at any slightest means whips up ethnic colouration to issues.

Is only suprising that some persons are trying to justify his actions

Whatever I submitted is a fact.

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ode, you go school?

Osagyefo98:

Get back to school and get a formal education then come for reply.

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
naijalander:
Why should Zik, a man foreign to the Yoruba country be Premier of the West? Zik was a greedy, ethnocentric & selfish politician. He is the one who tried to make Western Nigeria fair game as if the people that own the land don't have sense. You people are a bunch of evil cry babies, you deseve everything you got in Biafra. Ode.

So why cry when people call una pioneer of Tribalism of Niggeria. You elevated your Tribalist ideology that was not found in anywhere else until you demons display your devilish ways like the conniving snakes una are. You lots are just insecure, envious, demonic devil's and you deserve the hell the Fulanis are given to una in your lands. Demons

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ok explain how Yorubas are tribalist to me.

Every Igbo majority state today is ruled by just 1 dead party, even Oyo a core Yoruba State was taken by PDP recently & they say we are the ones that are politically immature. Honestly your stupidity is baffling.

Na your type dem dey send ?

Ikenna0b:

So why cry when people call una pioneer of Tribalism of Niggeria. You elevated your Tribalist ideology that was not found in anywhere else until you demons display your devilish ways like the conniving snakes una are. You lots are just insecure, envious, demonic devil's and you deserve the hell the Fulanis are given to una in your lands. Demons

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
naijalander:
Ode, you go school?

Is not hard to know a child who lacks proper home training .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
Oponu, Igbo guy trying to tell Yoruba guy about home training. You are a waste of data.

Osagyefo98:

Is not hard to know a child who lacks proper home training .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

What kind of rubbish analogy is this? Is Nigeria practicing a unitary system of government then? The people of each region reserves the right to vote anyone that will protect their interest because they are the sole contributor to each region economy.

The Yorubas reserve the bleeping right to send Azikiwe packing to his eastern region because the people is the voice of Democracy. What is tribalism in putting the greedy Azikwe in his place? How many region at that time had another tribe representing their people?

This same Awolowo gave everyone free education including your kinsmen in the west, the Saraduna captured the Igbo well by sending them out of his enclave coz they are also trying to dominate the northern region workforce.

You Igbos have a lot of problem and one of it is trying to give what you cannot take.

Rubbish

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
When you finish, blame Yoruba people for global warming too ehn...ode.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Again, Court Denies Abba Kyari Bail / 17 Sacked, Suspended Nigerian Ministers Since 1999 / Obasanjo Is Confused And Unstable - Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.