Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me (41255 Views)

My Boyfriend Slept With My Best Friend / 39 And Pregnant But My Boyfriend Says He's Not Ready. / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by deco22(m): 7:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
stormborn28:
can you educate me what other thing God created a woman for
If you are stupid, you are stupid. I wish there was a way to educate you but I am sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by stormborn28(m): 7:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
deco22:
If you are stupid, you are stupid. I wish there was a way to educate you but I am sorry.
you must be very very stupid and mad... If you don't have anything in that skull pretend that you have by remaining silent

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by dollytino4real(f): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
SmellingAnus:
best write-up
my ex or my present which one are u guy
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Acidosis(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
RredbulL:
OP don't mind those saying you have spiritual husband.

I want to assume you love your bf so I think you do not need to end the relationship.

The issue might be due to one of these two things below:

Mood swings in that you want to keep to yourself sometimes. This is normal and you might need to discuss this with him so he understands. Surely you won't be irritated by your male family members cos they know you well enough to leave you alone when you feel all grumpy and the fact that when you feel like talking you know how to initiate a discussion. This grumpy feeling happens to almost anybody.

I don't think this is the issue. Mood swings won't drag you to the point of extreme irritation, disgust and breakup.

It's not even about familiarity 'cos she can't be more familiar than the average married woman in a loving and adorable marriage.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by SmellingAnus(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
dollytino4real:
my ex or my present which one are u guy
anyone you like na grin
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by dollytino4real(f): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
SmellingAnus:
anyone you like na grin
ok, long time no talk
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Acidosis(m): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
The moment you start seeing the need to change boyfriends like pampers without a reasonable reason, just know that you're already a prost.itute-in-progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Fantazy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
You know u have a problem, Thank God

Just look for a solution to ur problem before its too late
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by SmellingAnus(m): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
dollytino4real:
ok, long time no talk
you don come back
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by dollytino4real(f): 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
SmellingAnus:
you don come back
yes dear since
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by missjo(f): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
sisisioge:

Are you sure? This is me too...I don't get irritated, I just lose interest. Yes, I once dated one guy for a decade but after him, my attention span has been short. Don't get me wrong o, I'm a very nice doting gf....but e no dey tey me to start feeling trapped.

Maybe if she finds someone she could enter the lagoon for, maybe things would change. As for me, I don give up on.myself embarassed
Commitment phobia cheesy
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by TenthMan(m): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,
I'm 23 yrs and currently running my HND program.
I have a bf and we have been dating for almost a year.

We do almost everything together and we see each other every single day...
But now am irritated by him.

He comes to my hostel from his office everyday but now seeing him irritates me the more.
I just want a break but I don't want to hurt him.
This isn't the first time its happening to me,
I've had two boyfriends before I met my new bf and same thing happened with them.

Its just like I meet a guy I like..,we love each other and I get excited and then few months later I get irritated by them....

I told my elder sis about it and she dragged me to church saying I have spiritual problems but that's not the issue....

Sometimes I just want my time alone but my bf doesn't seem to understand that.
Have tried to ignore him and all but he doesn't get the message am passing........
He wants me to meet his mum but have been giving him excuses....

I don't know why I feel like this with only the guys I date cuz I don't feel that way with my friends and family in fact I want to be with them everyday but its different in my relationships...
I want to end things with my boyfriend without hurting him cuz I can't keep acting and I can't keep wasting his time.

I think I have a problem and I don't know what to do.
I don't want this to affect me when I get married cuz there won't be a break in marriage...
Pls kindly advice
Thanks

They are becoming annoying doormats. Allowing you inhale but waiting to exhale. They aren't giving you breathing space. It is not only annoying to you. Even men hate it when ladies do this. Most ladies think they are being homely and showing their domestic side by being there always at the guy's beck and call and reporting for "duty" daily.

No one wants them to be there everyday. Neither do you don't want them to be there everyday. It is a natural reaction in my opinion.

They need to be scarce. When you don't see them for a while you'll look for them. It is classic human psychology. Why is sand considered dirt and diamonds considered valuable? Because diamonds are hard to find. Sand is everywhere. Seen everywhere. It is annoying to the extent that it is called dirt. But then sand grains are also minerals. Just not valuable.

It could be that you provide great company. You are smart, great company and you are physically attractive. Hence they want to be with you, spend time with you and they are afraid of loosing you and don't trust that other men aren't trying to snatch you. They are trying too hard to show you they care and miss you. Their mitigation is probably to try as much as possible to be all up in your face.

But this backfires because it becomes irritating like "ahn ahn.. Guy, don't you have other things to do? I should not be the beginning and end of your life na".

Forget the men talking about Shiloh etc. Men (especially Nigerian men) are afraid of a woman who doesn't mind calling off relationships. It pricks their egos. Marriage isn't an award or achievement.

Funny thing is, even as men we also want our alone time. It is known that psychologically when we return from work we want to be alone and rummage over the day. We do so most times in front of the TV. This comes from our hunter gatherer ancestors who after hunting dangerous wild animals, sat in front of fires in the evening reliving their near death experiences. They also want to plan for the next day. We have evolved with that as men till date. The women also evolved with wanting the men to be gone too. To go and hunt. To chase Down the Mammoth. To be missed a little so that when they return (with the kill) the women are glad to see them. So yes, there is an innate desire to see the man gone for a while. There is an innate desire by the women like yourself to have their own space.

You are quite independent and don't hide your feelings. That is the difference. Other women subdue the urge. You seem to be a vocal and very expressive type. And you take actions on your feelings. That is the only difference. Other women will die in silence yet loathing the man/men. Men need to be alpha males. And need to be strong even if it means miss seeing you a a day or two. They should have a life.

People love differently at various times in their lives. Some people will latter overlook this or mature enough to swallow being smothered by a lover. Some will never want to. You are young and as such have the luxury of choices as well. Perhaps when you mature further you may realize it isn't so bad afterall. But your feeling isn't strange. Not at all.

Of course everything has its pros and cons. In the society of ours where men have bloated egos, it hurts them to see a woman who acts based on her likes/dislikes. Men expect you put up with them and not the other way round. So be ready to face societal reactions like the one from your Sister who feels you have a spiritual problem.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Nicoddemus(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
OdenKelechi:

You see your own bf everyday too?
grin
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by WisdomHunter(m): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,

He comes to my hostel from his office everyday but now seeing him irritates me the more.
I've had two boyfriends before I met my new bf and same thing happened with them.

Its just like I meet a guy I like..,we love each other and I get excited and then few months later I get irritated by them....

I told my elder sis about it and she dragged me to church saying I have spiritual problems but that's not the issue....

Have tried to ignore him and all but he doesn't get the message am passing........

I don't know why I feel like this with only the guys I date cuz I don't feel that way with my friends and family in fact I want to be with them everyday but its different in my relationships...
I want to end things with my boyfriend without hurting him cuz I can't keep acting and I can't keep wasting his time.

I don't want this to affect me when I get married cuz there won't be a break in marriage...
Pls kindly advice
Thanks

I think we share the same problem here, my own is that if I see a girl i like i will be seeing her like she all and my last if a get her, but if i shoot my shot and she say yes I will feel super excited and wanting to show her off to anyone that cares but it will only last for few months. My own worst sef i have never be in a relationship reach one year, this issue gives serious thought till i decided to break from girls till i meet the one i will cherish forever because i don know whether it is because the types of girls i met or whatever, some times i worry over this but never have the courage to seek for advice.

But i never believe is something spiritual and most of my fears is can i get married with someone and live with her forever? Because am someone that likes privacy very well.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Bynz: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
Kenturkey048:
bros thank you....she go wake up later in life....rubbish childish talk...

Lol... She gat give herself brain

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by SlimzDboss(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
My sister, you’ve not found true love yet believe me.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Bynz: 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
jeff1607:

you said it all bro

when she hits 33, she will become clingy and start complaining about guys losing interest in her

let the older ladies tell her o

And probably at that age/phase it will be the guys turn not to take her unserious and doing the breakups. it's like karma!

My suggestion to her is to settle with one now and double her effort in making her relationship work
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
Rexnegro:
communication is key and important in any type of ship...be it friendship, courtship, relationship etc sit him down and communicate yourself to him. life is simple don't make it hard.
drop your whatsapp number
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by mercyviv(f): 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lady, find help asap, or else the marriage you think of in the future may not even come!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by berryace007: 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2019
Quick one_ try girls maybe you are a lesbian. No offence tho
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Skmoda(m): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
carzola:
We can date. . U would t get tired of me
Cause I have a thing for being in relation like am not in one

.or we can have a fling or maybe I can break ur heart so u know how it feels maybe that will make u a better person..

Or maybe ur just an olosHo in the making. .
Well I pray never to meet a girl like you..
She is a bad market and immature...
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by DaddyRochie1642: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
MedicH:
So all the three boyfriends haven't understood yet that you want some time alone and every other day they leave their office and head to your hostel. Don't u think you're blowing a huge lie on independence day.

That's why I always say,
"NEVER DATE A STUDENT",

Those Idiots don't know what the want,
I bet you,if the so called boyfriend wasn't visiting her now,....she will be the same person that will run to nairaland and start LAMENTING that her boyfriend doesn't give her attention,

**Shakes my head in disgust**.

CLOWNS

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Rexnegro(m): 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
qualityGod:
drop your whatsapp number
why bro ?
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Rexnegro(m): 12:02am On Oct 02, 2019
EmekaBlue:
If he/they are dropping money steady whenever around u no go feel this way.

agaracha nwanyi
probably bro , we won't ever see this thread from her.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by alexola20(m): 12:02am On Oct 02, 2019
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Thunderblasts(m): 3:54am On Oct 02, 2019
I cancelled dating students long ago shaa.
They ain't real.
Op imagine yourself being single at 27 and working. Will you be thinking of dumping any guy in your life?
Also that period, remember this same guy you also dumped and pray you get lucky to get another serious guy b4 then shaa ooo..
Follow your mind but be 100% ready for the future consequences!!!
No single lady at 26-47 will not deny having dudes in her life b4 that she once dumped just for nothing sake!!
You need to understand that the male specie is now a scarce commodity talk more of serious focused ones sef...
Take care oo
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 02, 2019
Rexnegro:

why bro ?
you sent me a pm but nevermind
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by jeff1607(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2019
Bynz:

And probably at that age/phase it will be the guys turn not to take her unserious and doing the breakups. it's like karma!

My suggestion to her is to settle with one now and double her effort in making her relationship work

the issue is will they listen
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by DonX001: 8:25am On Oct 02, 2019
udemzyudex:
Important of space , this is one thing most guys don't understand.

Girls play hard to get why can't you play hard to get too cheesy

Don't rush to pick her calls,allow it to ring the second time or third time before picking,girls do this a lot too. grin

Give room to miss each other,see each other maybe 3 - times in a week if you stay close, don't be too clingy or needy, don't call often ,haba get a life naa.

I learnt the hard way,of course she told me and I was happy she did.

Girls don't like nice guys even when they claim they do.

Gbam!
I don't know how some guys fail to understand this.
You can't be spending your lives all up in a girl's face like you have nothing else to do with your life.
Some girls enjoy attention, but many girls also find excessive attention stifling. It may seem interesting initially, but after a few months it gets tiresome.
Its called "see finish".
Give them room to miss you.
Guys should come and borrow a leaf from me.... call like once in every 2-3 days, sometimes even up to 1 week sef, so she's really happy that you've "finally remembered her" each time you decide to call.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by DonX001: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2019
TenthMan:

They are becoming annoying doormats. Allowing you inhale but waiting to exhale. They aren't giving you breathing space. It is not only annoying to you. Even men hate it when ladies do this. Most ladies think they are being homely and showing their domestic side by being there always at the guy's beck and call and reporting for "duty" daily.

No one wants them to be there everyday. Neither do you don't want them to be there everyday. It is a natural reaction in my opinion.

They need to be scarce. When you don't see them for a while you'll look for them. It is classic human psychology. Why is sand considered dirt and diamonds considered valuable? Because diamonds are hard to find. Sand is everywhere. Seen everywhere. It is annoying to the extent that it is called dirt. But then sand grains are also minerals. Just not valuable.

It could be that you provide great company. You are smart, great company and you are physically attractive. Hence they want to be with you, spend time with you and they are afraid of loosing you and don't trust that other men aren't trying to snatch you. They are trying too hard to show you they care and miss you. Their mitigation is probably to try as much as possible to be all up in your face.

But this backfires because it becomes irritating like "ahn ahn.. Guy, don't you have other things to do? I should not be the beginning and end of your life na".

Forget the men talking about Shiloh etc. Men (especially Nigerian men) are afraid of a woman who doesn't mind calling off relationships. It pricks their egos. Marriage isn't an award or achievement.

Funny thing is, even as men we also want our alone time. It is known that psychologically when we return from work we want to be alone and rummage over the day. We do so most times in front of the TV. This comes from our hunter gatherer ancestors who after hunting dangerous wild animals, sat in front of fires in the evening reliving their near death experiences. They also want to plan for the next day. We have evolved with that as men till date. The women also evolved with wanting the men to be gone too. To go and hunt. To chase Down the Mammoth. To be missed a little so that when they return (with the kill) the women are glad to see them. So yes, there is an innate desire to see the man gone for a while. There is an innate desire by the women like yourself to have their own space.

You are quite independent and don't hide your feelings. That is the difference. Other women subdue the urge. You seem to be a vocal and very expressive type. And you take actions on your feelings. That is the only difference. Other women will die in silence yet loathing the man/men. Men need to be alpha males. And need to be strong even if it means miss seeing you a a day or two. They should have a life.

People love differently at various times in their lives. Some people will latter overlook this or mature enough to swallow being smothered by a lover. Some will never want to. You are young and as such have the luxury of choices as well. Perhaps when you mature further you may realize it isn't so bad afterall. But your feeling isn't strange. Not at all.

Of course everything has its pros and cons. In the society of ours where men have bloated egos, it hurts them to see a woman who acts based on her likes/dislikes. Men expect you put up with them and not the other way round. So be ready to face societal reactions like the one from your Sister who feels you have a spiritual problem.

Gbam!!!
You've said it all.
There's nothing more to add.
Co-signed by me.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by deco22(m): 9:06am On Oct 02, 2019
stormborn28:
you must be very very stupid and mad... If you don't have anything in that skull pretend that you have by remaining silent
Says the bastard that came to my mention to be asking me what other things God created his mother for, Bleep off.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Kryzboy(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,

Pls kindly advice
Thanks
maybe you are that kind of person that want to use boys, not ready for relationship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Doggy Pose Pre-wedding Photos Of Igbo Man And His Fiancée / Dear Average Nigerian Married Men, Hope You Learned Something From Mike O Edward / Did You Finally Date That Girl That Was Forming Too Hard To Get? Did It Go Well?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.