Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me (41260 Views)

My Boyfriend Slept With My Best Friend / 39 And Pregnant But My Boyfriend Says He's Not Ready. / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by yeyeosoronga: 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
You're still young, and obviously gets bored easily. Enjoy your life jare. When you're ready for a serious relationship, you will know. Ask the chap to give you some space, to concentrate on your school work
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by SSA92: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
relationship are crashing because of distance you have your guy right beside you and you are irritated KARMA will come hunting you will soon be irritating men when you maintains this attitude and reach after 12 at home grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by gbogboija: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mood swing or not, I can tell you if care is not taking late marriage is knocking on your door. You better do something about it fast. I am 45 years old now going to 46 no husband. That was how it started with me, every guys I met when I was young are wonderful but I always fight with them until we pathway. I have dated about 14 guys and I use my own hand to send them away at different point in time. One of them who happened to be son of an expertrate in an oil company even bought me a car when I was 25 and I labeled him woman rapper, his mother paid for my masters still yet I said no. Now I know something is wrong with me because only married men who want sex come for me. Learn from my experience before it is too late, seek spiritual help and also pray fervently against spirit husband.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by oshorstan(f): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,
I'm 23 yrs and currently running my HND program.
I have a bf and we have been dating for almost a year.

We do almost everything together and we see each other every single day...
But now am irritated by him.

He comes to my hostel from his office everyday but now seeing him irritates me the more.

I just want a break but I don't want to hurt him.
This isn't the first time its happening to me,
I've had two boyfriends before I met my new bf and same thing happened with them.

Its just like I meet a guy I like..,we love each other and I get excited and then few months later I get irritated by them....

I told my elder sis about it and she dragged me to church saying I have spiritual problems but that's not the issue....

Sometimes I just want my time alone but my bf doesn't seem to understand that.
Have tried to ignore him and all but he doesn't get the message am passing........
He wants me to meet his mum but have been giving him excuses....

I don't know why I feel like this with only the guys I date cuz I don't feel that way with my friends and family in fact I want to be with them everyday but its different in my relationships...
I want to end things with my boyfriend without hurting him cuz I can't keep acting and I can't keep wasting his time.

I think I have a problem and I don't know what to do.
I don't want this to affect me when I get married cuz there won't be a break in marriage...
Pls kindly advice
Thanks

You're still enjoying your single good.... You're selfish and wants to love your solitude. Hope you will say this when you're 35.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by victorian(f): 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

you just described the relationship between my parents.

Dad is always on the move, mom keeps missing him.
she likes it because when he returns, it reignites the passion/spark.

Likewise when she also travels, on the day she is to return that's the only time he decides to personally prepare a dish for her (it did suprise us as their kids what Dad is doing in the kitchen)

The absence made them grown fonder

I don't like me Girls who are clinging one bit!

Nothing is wrong with the OP

I

That's it! cheesy

That's what we are talking about !

It makes the couples miss each other and value each other more .

That's the type of relationship and marriage I want too.

Thank God u are a guy , saying this .

Before other guys here will feel , the ladies are being ungrateful having guys who want to be clinging .

Thanks jare.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Kaybaba5(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
Wetin girlfriend wants pls.....
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Ferdinandu(m): 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
BinDean:

I'm going through this abnormality bro. I don't think I deserve to be loved. I'm always head over hills for a crush whom have little or no interest in me. Once I finally get them to love me I get turned off.. I don't like it when a girl send me a love letter, it makes me sick & irritated. I think it's a some kind of a disorder or something. Still planning to visit a psychologist ones I can afford it. I'm 30yrs old & it's very depressing embarassed
It isn't a disorder Bro. You just have to be really lucky to find the opposite sex you have much in common with and after the initial lovey dovey. People just learn to compromise, follow what society dictates for," being with the one you have promised to stay with till death" . But truth be told if society allows you to change partners the way you like, at least 90% of people will always change partners within 3yrs. Relationship is all compromise, pretend to your partner always that she is the next best thing after slice bread always even when you already have another taking your fancy all for not to hurt her ego. In the end if you don't learn to compromise to some extent , pretend to some extent, you will never have a relationship that will last. That's what everybody does but they will always tell you otherwise because they have all been wired to do so
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by interfig(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ebonygirl1:
I usually experience this too cry
Why is no one reasoning this...had it been its a guy that came up here to tell us same thing ,obviously we all especially the ladies would have called him bad names " player,Yoruba demon, womanizer and all".. Maybe its same feeling for most guys too who jilts innocent girls ..
Just imagine what her boyfriend would go through ,what if he is the girl by now she did be crying heartbreak..men r all scum ..just thinking loud sha grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by mrdino(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,

He comes to my hostel from his office everyday but now seeing him irritates me the more.
I've had two boyfriends before I met my new bf and same thing happened with them.

Its just like I meet a guy I like..,we love each other and I get excited and then few months later I get irritated by them....

I told my elder sis about it and she dragged me to church saying I have spiritual problems but that's not the issue....

Have tried to ignore him and all but he doesn't get the message am passing........

I don't know why I feel like this with only the guys I date cuz I don't feel that way with my friends and family in fact I want to be with them everyday but its different in my relationships...
I want to end things with my boyfriend without hurting him cuz I can't keep acting and I can't keep wasting his time.

I don't want this to affect me when I get married cuz there won't be a break in marriage...
Pls kindly advice
Thanks

From your post, I suspect that you are a physically attractive person, with too many attention from the opposite sex, hence you feel choked.
My sincere advice for you (because, I have sisters too) is that, while you are enjoying these attention, look out for things that matter in life e.g., those who truly love you, amongst your numerous admirers (whether male or female), can you reciprocate the love given (even in the absence of material things).

Because one thing is certain, the options (too many admirers) will reduce with time (as you age).
Also, knowing/understanding what you want early in life, is one of the keys to a happy life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by KayCee92(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Check very well.....it may be a sign, a sign that you are...... Lesbian. Nothing to be ashamed about, just rock it. That is what I think grin
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Jayess: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Still looking for what brought this to front page angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by lebienconnu: 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
It's the guy's fault. You should not be seeing your lover everyday. Absence they say, makes the heart grow fonder.

But you should know that the guy loves you more than you do him. For this, you should love him more. He will then love you more and you will love him more. It will be a vicious cycle.
Bring ya ears, life is full of challenges. You need a partner that loves you to a fault to go through the journey. It must not always be what you want but sometimes, what others want too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by chukzyfcbb: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
victorian:

That's it! cheesy

That's what we are talking about !

It makes the couples miss each other and value each other more .

That's the type of relationship and marriage I want too.

Thank God u are a guy , saying this .

Before other guys here will feel , the ladies are being ungrateful having guys who want to be clinging .

Thanks jare.
hypocrites abound here.

They pretend like all is rosy but go behind thier partners back to cheat on another person.

Ask Dem why y'all cheat if you never got tired of your partner clinginess or felt the loss of passion, hypocrites smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by NiRfreak(m): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
This is the reason why a sensible guy should just pump and drop them. Meanwhile she's a candidate of one night stand
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by waziri4biz: 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
Funmmyastic:
There is nothing wrong with you,just tell him pointblank you're no longer interested,simple as that.
People like you get really old while still single...... You think say you go look hot forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Everrest9(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
I dislike people with mood swing.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by cherriex(f): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,

Pls kindly advice
Thanks

Are you September born?if yes study more about your personality and work on your being critical of others,reduce your perfectionism, accept people with their flaws and know that everyone cannot be like you,we all have different personalities, never compare your boo with the said standard/qualities u see on tv but identify the qualities that attracted you to him and stick with it,and outline what you want in a man(we all want different things)is it intelligence,prestige, physical appearance, humor etc and go for only that which you desire,but to get that dont be in a hurry to date,be friends first with your potential suitors and see if they have the qualities you desire,lastly you see in dis life ennnnnnnh na only prayer fit save pesin from Village ppl and spiritual husband,so above all PRAY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Bahddo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
You are the common denominator. Give dating a break for some years and go for therapy.

Relationships and marriage aren't for everyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by saajus: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
This is normal. Nothing is wrong with you. Ask married men or women, they will tell you the same thing. That's relationship or marriage it's not just about love. A time will come when that "sharking" love will go down, you will need a commitment to survive that time and after a while, it will pick up again. If you keep throwing away, you will throw your husband away just like that.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Preshhy: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Bahddo:
You are the common denominator. Give dating a break for some years and go for therapy.

Relationships and marriage aren't for everyone.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by generationz(f): 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
JSnw:
Fixed. Real men don't work on a public holiday, they make their mothers curse the day they were born just like me JSnw. Next.... cheesy
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Abagworo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
You've been meeting dedicated guys that's why. Once you fall for a guy who doesn't have your time the "see finish" sickness shall be cured.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by MrLekan95(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
Interesting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Formidable1: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
Stop having sex with him. You know why you're irritated? It's the guilt, the feeling of disgust that comes with doing what you should not be doing: premarital sex...and he's the one encouraging you to do it. Your problem is only psychological, but it also shows that you still have some self worth left in you.

You don't need to tell him to go. Just tell him there will be no more sex. That'll do the job for you.

You're 23 and still have your whole life ahead of you. Control yourself, focus on your priorities and try to engage in responsible platonic relationships. You'll become prouder of yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
I understand your plight girl.. You are probably an introvert also The guy is too clingy. As a guy i can't even date a girl that wants my attention all the time even if she was Omotola
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by meobizy(f): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
...and that is why he is your boyfriend. If he didn’t make you feel some type of way you won’t pick him over the other potential suitors available.
Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by victorian(f): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

hypocrites abound here.

They pretend like all is rosy but go behind thier partners back to cheat on another person.

Ask Dem why y'all cheat if you never got tired of your partner clinginess or felt the loss of passion, hypocrites smiley

Abi o!!!!!
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Cblessing(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
@ OP, nothing is wrong with you.

Some people are wired this way. Such people are, largely, introverts.

The people in this category detest seeing people (those they are in a relationship with) throwing themselves into their faces too often.

Try the suggestions below:

1. Please, tell the guy you are dating currently about this challenge of yours. If he understands you, he will give you the space you crave and see you less often (If I were him, I will not bother seeing you until you crave my presence).

2. End the relationship if the guy is not willing to stop throwing himself at your face everytime

3. Try a long distance relationship. Ensure the man is busy enough to have less time to disturb you with calls

4. Ensure you do not stay in the same State with your hubby when you eventually get married. Marry someone who may visit home just once (one weekend) in a month, else you get tired of him and the marriage becomes boring

5. Love yourself knowing you are wired differently and go for what makes you happy and not what the society says. Most people are cool & will be happier with single parenthood but they are in marriages that make them miserable because the society places TOO MUCH premium on marriage.

6. You are perfectly okay and unique in your own way. Find someone who understands your uniqueness

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by nanaman(m): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:

Thanks
My mum is late and I was raised by my dad alone who is hardly around....so I grew up alone since my elder sis wasn't living with us....
Am used to being alone and I love my privacy.

I found out my second bf was cheating on me and we broke up....it was barely a month after that I met my current bf but now am irritated by him cuz I don't have my privacy anymore....
I just want to be alone but I don't want to hurt him either..

Sorry about the demise of your Mum. May her soul continue to rest in peace. Amen

Now, we both realize where you developed your loneliness attitude. It was hard and you have been used to it for long which you transferred to feelings and if not handled with care, may affect you in your marriage. It's very good you noticed very well and seek for advice.

I can see you have tried very hard to come out of your shell by going into a relationship at least to have someone you can share your personal thoughts with unfortunately, the guy you thought would be the confidant broke your heart and you are trying to return to your shell with the thought that this new guy can also be a cheat and then, it would be worse.You are doing two things at time.. Trying to find love and also trying to enjoy your old type. Not blaming you, putting your background into cognizance. It is kinda hard dear but let's see if this would work. I'm ready to be of help at this stage.

To be sincere, we all enjoy our privacy at one time or the other, even couples but still, we need to balance love and privacy so as not to hurt the feelings of our partner. There are lots of ways this can be handled. All that is needed is understanding by both parties involved. I believe there would be sometimes you want to see him around except he does not have 70% qualities of what you need in a guy. If he does, communication is what you need to put things in order. I know it won't be easy for you to open up and tell him everything about your past and a new relationship,the guy would be trying to impress you which is normal at least to show how much he loves you.

At this stage, you just have to sit him down or chat in up on what you need. Tell him how much you love him, let him see the genuineness in you. Tell him how you don't want to rush the relationship, you would appreciate if you guys take things slowly for you to get along better. You can tell him you guys can see once or week or whichever that is okay with you however, chats and calls would go on but it should be done in moderation and with love. I believe gradually if the you guys get along very well, you need be more relaxed at a point to discuss your past and future with him.

If I may ask

Love-

Are you ready to love again?
Do you believe in love?
Do know a confidant would do you a lot of good and you have to love to pour out your heart?
So,this new guy, do you sincerely love him with all your heart or you just want to have someone to call your bf?
Do you have qualities you always want in a guy? If yes, does this guy have 70% of the such qualities?
What do you enjoy most -chatting on social media,talking on phone etc than seeing him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by vicben27(m): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
we all get that once in a while, love is all about hard work and commitment, think of the good times you've both had and the reasons why you loved him in the first place, the mind it's funny atimes if you give giving up on love you may end up all alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by mhizsuzzy(f): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,

Pls kindly advice
Thanks
Are you sexual with does boys??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me by Boyooosa(m): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ellatee256:
Hi everyone,

Pls kindly advice
Thanks
Make up your mind and accept him if he is good for you. this migh be a more serious issue for you when you eventually need a man in ur life. Roses are not plenty!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dear Average Nigerian Married Men, Hope You Learned Something From Mike O Edward / Did You Finally Date That Girl That Was Forming Too Hard To Get? Did It Go Well? / I Don't Like Her, I Like Her Younger Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.