Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (36161 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by krissconnect(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
God help you honestly... cant advise on this one

3 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
debinter:
If he takes that job he wouldn't have the chance to seek another job.

Says who?
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by dimexy247(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Take it bro
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nwiboko26(f): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Is better than nothing. Gather more experience while u r there.it will be useful in future.nothing good comes easy.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Moreoffaith(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Pls don't take such job bro, the pay is just too small.

Check yourself for any hidden talent or skills

Work on yourself, develop that skill and see what you make for yourself..

I regretted wasting 6/7 years working in the office.

Though it looks very hard when I stopped the job but now I make that useless salary (50k)within a week sometimes 2 weeks without stress.

3 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by awa(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Well, I think taking it would only add some little experience on your CV otherwise I could have asked you not to. Why asking you not? Just for you to have chance and focus on the real job you are looking for. In whatever situation, I think you can accept and condition your mind for something better coming your way.
As I write you now, I work for a Chinese firm and I think their undervaluing Nigerians is not their fault but that of the System encouraging impunity in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ecclize: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please don't accept it speaking from experience the time and effort don't worth it....
u will regret ever accepting it

8 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by qrymz(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
Search for a real job bro, don't be desperate to be called a working class just to become a slave. I'm sure you won't do more than a month if you take the offer

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by iswallker(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
this money cannot buy your payint nah.... grin

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
Take the job.
It will keep u busy and and also give you the opportunity to meet new people.And besides,you may be getting some egunje from big customers

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by MrMcJay(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
Lincoln freed the slaves
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Jacobmanny(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
I'd advice you take the job. The offer looks like some form of slavery but then the bigger picture is that you gain some working experience and build your profile for bigger opportunities

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Lekanberry(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
I once did a 35k job Monday to Saturday 8am to 8pm as a graduate. Even including public holidays, my feeding and transport in a month is over 20k. I have to quit d job,its a slavery job!!!

8 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Sultty(m): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
I hate all these Chinese and Indian jobs. It will never be well with then ijn P.S do I mention that they all have really bad body odour tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by debinter(m): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
they will keep him extremely occupied enough not to have time to search for another job.

Logobenz:
Says who?

4 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by midnighter(f): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Well if you don't take it, you'll never know..

If you don't like it you can quit...shey they have a probation period/ period when you can quit without notice?

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by MrMcJay(m): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
danjumakolo:
Take the job.
It will keep u busy and and also give you the opportunity to meet new people.And besides,you may be getting some egunje from big customers

Egun means curse, je means to eat.
Egunje means eating curses.

So, you want him to mortgage his future because of the pennies he's seeing to steal by the side and useless bribes?

That's why most people struggle through life without making headway.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by frankobinna(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
kestolove95:
get out u idiot

You no well I swear
It obvious you don't have
Reasonable thing to say

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ambivert27(f): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
You can take it while your search continues
This is pure slavery!

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by flexyebe(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
use it to gain work experiences cos been just a graduate is not enongh.but focus on my self,if it cant take it you can resign later.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
debinter:
they will keep him extremely occupied enough not to have time to search for another job.

Others have done it,why not him?
Anyways,I don't know that much about jobs as they irritate me.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by upuphim(m): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
If it can cover your transport, feeding for a month and they don't have habit of owing salary, take it to boost your cv for future successful job hunting.

3 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
Go and sit at home. Jobs are falling from the sky, you have multiple marketable skills, you have a network, you have a reserve of cash, you already have 10 years working experience so I’m sure you will be alright

You better understand that not everyone gets a great job immediately. Some never do. Go in there with an open mind. Understand that every job can expose you to different opportunities.

My first job was 29k, though this was 2003. Next was 45k.

3 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by luorquay: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
OP, firstly person gats start from somewhere but this kind of place, I wouldn't advise my enemy to work there. All these Chinese factory if you read the way they treat workers, you go pity for yourself. Calculate, the cost of transport to your workplace from your home, deduct small tin for lunch and check how much remain at the end of the day. Keep into consideration you would be doing marketing/sales as the position requires. After checking all these do the needful.

PS: Use style ask people working there the conditions o the place. Let them be truthful to you, then you can make your choice.

5 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by frankobinna(m): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You are an ingrate.
Working hours is just from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays for a monthly pay of 35k and you are complaining.

Go and ask BMC staff how many hours they put in daily for their monthly pay of 15k.

How is he an Ingrate
He only seek for advice
And not what you twitted

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ecclize: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
debinter:
If he takes that job he wouldn't have the chance to seek another job.

well said have been there before.... a work that has no prospect no promotion plus stagnate salary is a destiny killer
i repeat don't try it oooo...

5 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Maldini212(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
MrMcJay:

Egun means curse, je means to eat.
Egunje means eating curses.

So, you want him to mortgage his future because of the pennies he's seeing to steal by the side and useless bribes?

That's why most people struggle through life without making headway.

Not true
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by unwired4g: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please, accept the offer. Improve yourself while on the job, and look out for better opportunities.

I was in a similar situation in 2011 where I accepted a job of 30K but today earn over half a million Naira monthly. Just use the job as a training school provided it is an industry where you have interest.

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by TerryMctola077(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
kestolove95:
get out u idiot

Who is this b**** that have been spouting nonsense since op brought up this topic sef... If you have no sensible thing here to talk here, you can as well carry your shitty self out of here.
For God sake, a brother is seeking for an advice and u are saying rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Krizeukay: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
just make a trial for a month, they might be something interesting in job. Most jobs are not all about the salary.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
Pls bros come and teach me abeg
Jmk9292:
It's not worth it...........When I have got no job for you.. I can't tell u to reject the offer...... Weigh your options very well...... Some jobs end up caging one for a long time...
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by jjmk(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

I have been visiting this site as a guest for 2years, but today I had to sign up as a member. I do not intend to write so much, so permit me to go straight to the point.

I graduated in 2017 from one of the federal university in the South and finished my NYSC last year April. Ever since I have been hunting for jobs so to keep body and soul, I have written hundreds of job exams and attended several interviews but none has yielded any positive result yet.

Last month a friend of mine whose Uncle works in a Chinese Steel Production Company told me about an opening in the Marketing department of the company, he told me they were recruiting for the role of a Purchaser and a Sales Executive and advised that I should go submit my CV for consideration.

I did as advised and the following day I was called for a test. On getting there, I met three(3) other guys who also came for the same purpose. The Chinese HR guy came and administered the test and afterwards only two of us passed and were asked to come back the next day for the oral interview.

The next day I went for the interview and after being drilled and asked several questions I was offered the job. But my zeal and interest for the Job died the moment I was told the job conditions and pay.

Working hours are from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays. All these for a monthly pay of 35k

I was given the offer letter to take home to sign if I agree with the conditions and return it this coming Monday to resume work.

My fellow Nairalanders, would you advise that I take this job offer considering the conditions attached or reject it and continue job hunting hoping that one day favour would smile on me I am confused, please help a brother cry

Please help a brother push this to FP so I can get all the advice I need as much as possible. Thank you.

I don't know why u are even considering this offer...continue with your job search and throw away that job offer. This is slavery and u will be worse off eventually. So just continue with the job search.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria 2017 Massive Recruitment / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / See What This Ceo Is Demanding For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.