Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (36172 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Klington: 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
why not try the job for a few months and see how it goes...

I know is not worth the stress but "experience they say is the best Teacher"

All the best

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by occenachi(m): 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
Bro to be honest your actually gonna turn you to a slave. U wouldn't even have time for ur self family and friends. No extra curriculum attivites. Personally am job hurting too and the whole thing is getting me depressed, my gal friend got a job and broke up with me only because I don't have any. My candid advice to you bro is follow ur heart

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Rastamann: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
Logobenz:
This is strange.well,you better take the job and keep hunting while you are on the inside.
It's better than staying idle.

If he accepts the offer, what time will he have to hunt for other jobs?
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Kwin1995(f): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
All this Chinese people are very stingy when it comes to paying good Amount for salary,you work for dem as an elephant,then Dey pay u ant � salary
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
I will advise you to look for teaching job. I teach with just 3 period of 50minutes each per day & close 2:00pm with #30k/month

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Cigarini: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please reject it. Because if you accept it you won't even have chance to look for another job. Moreover 35k is just 100 dollars a month. That is wickedness. Go get a teaching job instead. Whoever is asking you to accept the offer should go and do the job. Moreover, your transportation, lunch etc has not been factored into the 35k. I bet you, you may end up with less than 15k a month if you accept the job. And some friends and family will be depending on you , thinking you are working . Reject it my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by DonaTee(f): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

I have been visiting this site as a guest for 2years, but today I had to sign up as a member. I do not intend to write so much, so permit me to go straight to the point.

I graduated in 2017 from one of the federal university in the South and finished my NYSC last year April. Ever since I have been hunting for jobs so to keep body and soul, I have written hundreds of job exams and attended several interviews but none has yielded any positive result yet.

Last month a friend of mine whose Uncle works in a Chinese Steel Production Company told me about an opening in the Marketing department of the company, he told me they were recruiting for the role of a Purchaser and a Sales Executive and advised that I should go submit my CV for consideration.

I did as advised and the following day I was called for a test. On getting there, I met three(3) other guys who also came for the same purpose. The Chinese HR guy came and administered the test and afterwards only two of us passed and were asked to come back the next day for the oral interview.

The next day I went for the interview and after being drilled and asked several questions I was offered the job. But my zeal and interest for the Job died the moment I was told the job conditions and pay.

Working hours are from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays. All these for a monthly pay of 35k

I was given the offer letter to take home to sign if I agree with the conditions and return it this coming Monday to resume work.

My fellow Nairalanders, would you advise that I take this job offer considering the conditions attached or reject it and continue job hunting hoping that one day favour would smile on me I am confused, please help a brother cry

Please help a brother push this to FP so I can get all the advice I need as much as possible. Thank you.

Chinese ke. Pls run for your life. Their working condition n staff welfare is suicidal. It's not even about the 35k. Them go owe for that one. But the risky job can kill with no insurance.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by moonbender(m): 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
islandmoon:
use it to drill your self and gain working experience

The working experience is more important.

He can start the job and still keep your search for a better job on.

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nwogeh: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Take the job, do it for one month....nobody will advice you that time because it would be very clear whether it is feasible or not.

Ghostty:
Hello All.

I have been visiting this site as a guest for 2years, but today I had to sign up as a member. I do not intend to write so much, so permit me to go straight to the point.

I graduated in 2017 from one of the federal university in the South and finished my NYSC last year April. Ever since I have been hunting for jobs so to keep body and soul, I have written hundreds of job exams and attended several interviews but none has yielded any positive result yet.

Last month a friend of mine whose Uncle works in a Chinese Steel Production Company told me about an opening in the Marketing department of the company, he told me they were recruiting for the role of a Purchaser and a Sales Executive and advised that I should go submit my CV for consideration.

I did as advised and the following day I was called for a test. On getting there, I met three(3) other guys who also came for the same purpose. The Chinese HR guy came and administered the test and afterwards only two of us passed and were asked to come back the next day for the oral interview.

The next day I went for the interview and after being drilled and asked several questions I was offered the job. But my zeal and interest for the Job died the moment I was told the job conditions and pay.

Working hours are from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays. All these for a monthly pay of 35k

I was given the offer letter to take home to sign if I agree with the conditions and return it this coming Monday to resume work.

My fellow Nairalanders, would you advise that I take this job offer considering the conditions attached or reject it and continue job hunting hoping that one day favour would smile on me I am confused, please help a brother cry

Please help a brother push this to FP so I can get all the advice I need as much as possible. Thank you.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by abuhusna1: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nigeria is so bleep I am so disheartened. No very good labour law in this country. They are suppose to set maximum working hour to 8 hours and 40 hours per week as obtained in Western world no matter what and any hour above that should worth like 5k per hour.
Baba I take God beg you no collect am cos you will still suffer some trauma in the sense that they will abuse you emotionally, mentally and physically so what is the point. Continue hunting for good job as this kne will take away a good health from you and when you lose your health the wealth from the work you do can not cater for your health.
OK second note if the job ma working distance do am like three months gather experience and apply to other companies hopefully experience gets you job better than result sometimes
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by princessConfy(f): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=BamBella post=82769210]35k a month?? shocked

Working 7am to 6pm from Monday to Friday, that's slavery. [/quote
lol, mine is 7:30-6pm monday - Saturday including public holiday. any day am on duty I close 8pm. pay is 27k. now remove tax, late or absenteeism in a month I'm leaving with sometimes less than 25k. hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by KingMicky3286: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
queengift:
indeed Nigeria is shithole, working over 10hours a day, for 35k at the end of the month is crazy, our regulatory bodies are not effective.

My dear, I will advise you accept the offer and continue job hunting, a regular 35k monthly is better than nothing.
It's well.

This kind job will not give you time to hunt for other jobs.

Go into personal biz , don’t waste your time on that .
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
HELLO MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN NAIRALAND PLS HELP ME I NEED SOME MONEY TO RENT A SHOP FOR 2YEARS,#6000/MONTH WHICH WILL AMOUNT TO #144,000.PLS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS HELP ME MY ACCOUNT NO IS 2062101062,NAME:FRANCIS IFEANYI,UBA BANK.MY PHONE NO IS 07033091522 IF YOU WANT TO CALL ME AND I AM IN ABIA STATE.THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by krett(m): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
Do not take the job the energy you put in for 35k a month put it in for yourself you will make much more than this and also you will be your own boss,
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by BigIyanga: 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
sofiscatedmoron:
subtract your transportation and feeding, how much is left for you to save,
its a no no bro , why are these Chinese company so wicked,
a chinese firm in usa or dubai can't pay their workers N35k per month
Tell your govt to provide power, roads and secuity like they do in US and Dubai.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Elaric(m): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
I would have ask u to take the job and hunt for more,but the thing with this job is that u won't have time to hunt for other jobs or allow to go for other job exams/interviews. Trust the society we live in, its will be concluded that u have a job n more responsibility will b expected of u,meanwhile na die u dey...

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Ademoore07(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
On a serious note, Chinese are known to be very stingy and wicked. I had the opportunity to work with one of their company in ondo state dealing in the processing of ethanol from cassava. When i was told what i will be paid despite with my M.Sc degree and working time, i spitted. They think african are meant to be slaves. You hardly could find an african man with a Ph.D degree working in their country.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ocheola01: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
That means, you'd be earning approximately NGN 125 per hour.

This is wickedness given the current cost of living in Nigeria. embarassed

I remember back in the days, I did a ten thousand naira monthly stipend job, but i wasn't paying for transport, feeding and housing. So, I managed and spent two months there before escaping with my dear life. Well, if you know there ain't anything at sight for now, my brother, accept it since it's a marketing job where you'd be on the field scouting for client most part of a day - use the TF they'll give you to go round and don't forget to go alongside your printed CV to submit at better places you could like; when the time is right, guy hop out immediately.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by BigIyanga: 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
You have no work experience and still asking for answers.. If ur skills were indispensable, you would have been hired long time ago. Others are lining up to take that offer. Take the job, gain some experience and start job hunting while on the job.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by arinola2504(f): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
please i use God to beg you, don't you dare accept that offer, any job that includes saturdays and public holidays no be job even if they will pay more, such job will frustrate your life and wouldn't even give you opportunity to search for a better job, what am i even saying sef, it will automatically deprive you of a better opportunity because you wont have time to go for interviews even if it's been hold on saturday

[b][/b]
Ghostty:
Hello All.

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Mires: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
But why laughing that you have written hundreds of job exams to make your story sweet?
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
Logobenz:
This is strange.well,you better take the job and keep hunting while you are on the inside.
It's better than staying idle.
the problem is with this type of job you will never have chance to go hunt for other job opportunity, i have been there before bro, God will help us.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Anbandaras: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
I’m sure it’s Yongxing steel in Benin city,I once worked there in the same department you got a job,I must say it’s not easy,but take the job to get the experience and move on,talking about the pay before the month ends with side hustle you’d make more,so take the job while you await something better.but working with Chinese no easy ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by gbefun40(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
You can learn how to make money online you are a graduate.use your head not your hand so you won't look like 70years old Grandpa when you are still in your 30s

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by nasirujj(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
Is even better you apply for navy or Air Force recruit cos you are sure of more than 80k per month as an o level holder.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by simeko(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=Ghostty post=82768956]Hello All.

Sad, I guess the just added 10k to fallfill all righteousness related to minimum wage

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Lastingglory: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
I've worked 3yrs with a Chinese company before. It steals your soul. Just let it go bro. A better offer will come.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by jackie35(m): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

Na chinese offered you this job?

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Mahbrigold: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
I work as a front desk officer mainly an mtn customer care rep, I work from 7:30am to 6pm daily from monday to saturdays same time and am being paid #30,000. if i had a choice i wont be here but man must chop

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Vikynas: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
My dear brother from Monday to Saturday (7am-6pm)daily nawa...o haba!! Chai!! it's not making sense at all 24hrs work only #35,000,30 good days labour sometimes 31 it's better to keep hunting bro,God will surely place you where you belong.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by micflo28(m): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please take the job. Prove yourself worthy of consideration to grow and boost your remuneration. Just start instead of being idle. Devise a means to renegotiate your pay to meet your workload reality and also learn on the job and be open to other bigger opportunities. Remember you are paid nothing while you were idle job hunting

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by StudentsNG: 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
If you are idle at the moment, take the job it will help your resume as you hunt for better opportunity. If I read you right, you probably has only NYSC as your experience since after graduation, take the job. See this as an Internship opportunity to assemble your experience in a practical corporate environment. It's going to take you higher on the long run. All the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria 2017 Massive Recruitment / See What This Ceo Is Demanding For / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.