Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (36160 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Donatusegba: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
I will say u should accept it, wit tym d p7pay may increase nd if u ar SMART enenough u wil make money through side husstle. Understand
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by xperiencelove(m): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
If your transport fare within a month is not more than 5k, I advise you to accept it and continue searching for better offer.
The period you will work there will be added to your CV as part of your working experience which you will mostly need to get a good pay job.
I and some of my friends are a testimony to this.

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by jjmk(m): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
unwired4g:
Please, accept the offer. Improve yourself while on the job, and look out for better opportunities.

I was in a similar situation in 2011 where I accepted a job of 30K but today earn over half a million Naira monthly. Just use the job as a training school provided it is an industry where you have interest.

There is no way that guy can improve himself with 35k. Plus 30k back in 2011 is not the same thing as 35k in 2019. I am very sure if they had offered you 3k as salary for a whole month back in 2011 u wouldn't have accepted.

5 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Sleevia: 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Some of you Nigerians need to start thinking on your feet. Every job you apply to is a Business.

35k is just less than $100, not enough for me to blow in a week if I wish to be extravagant but as na Buhari era we dey man need to use his head.

You write so intelligently but have you considered doing home tutorship? Charge a child as much as 10k.

With 5kids, that is 50k per month. 10 kids is 100k per month.

It is not gonna be as easy as I paint it but it is achievable.

When I lost my mother, a man begged to use one of our property for lessons and since we were not staying in that state, we left the house behind to him.

This was in 2009.

From there his wife joined him. They lived in that our property and built together.

From there they rented another one not too far off.

However, the man was beginning to act funny in a way that I didn't like and so I made sure he leave the building.

He eventually moved to another building and he told me he bought it for 5M.

He bought the other one he was manning along with ours.

I just want to share this story with you all who think you must always submit CV, even though you are capable of creating a system where people can submit CV to you.

My uncle own one of the biggest transport company in Lagos. He never went to the university because his dad died before he could come of age and his sisters were not so educated either due to their father's believe that women should not be sent to school.

Unfortunately, his first set of children were women, which he subjected to farming in his large farm.

Today he operates transport company and expanding.

Find a problem in the society and solve it.

4 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by MrMcJay(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Maldini212:
Not true

What is not true?
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Manred0(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
UniportAgbero:

Na Hausa girl. What do you expect? She's just expressing her innate traits.
And you are also not different from her, why mentioning her tribe
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by mechanics(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
The job offer is like punishment, that's how most private companies behave, you won't have time for yourself, bros, abeg no sign that appointment letter.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ecclize: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
luorquay:
OP, firstly person gats start from somewhere but this kind of place, I wouldn't advise my enemy to work there. All these Chinese factory if you read the way they treat workers, you go pity for yourself. Calculate, the cost of transport to your workplace from your home, deduct small tin for lunch and check how much remain at the end of the day. Keep into consideration you would be doing marketing/sales as the position requires. After checking all these do the needful.

PS: Use style ask people working there the conditions o the place. Let them be truthful to you, then you can make your choice.
u nail bro... i will advice the Op to do the above, by a slight chance there might be other attractive conditions like loan, leave application and the rest but am 85% sure that work of this nature don"t worth it
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by martinsaba: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

I have been visiting this site as a guest for 2years, but today I had to sign up as a member. I do not intend to write so much, so permit me to go straight to the point.

I graduated in 2017 from one of the federal university in the South and finished my NYSC last year April. Ever since I have been hunting for jobs so to keep body and soul, I have written hundreds of job exams and attended several interviews but none has yielded any positive result yet.

Please help a brother push this to FP so I can get all the advice I need as much as possible. Thank you.

I suggest you take the job and after 3 months to 1 year quit, experience is key, secondly no hr likes seeing gap years in cv especially if you re not doing anything reasonable in the gap year.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by emmanuelchux(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
In a desperate attempt to sound savage and get babes, you just sounded so childish.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by TreasureJunky: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
My first job after Nysc was 25k in a big company too, 8-6pm including Saturday. Although it was slavery, but I was left with no option then. If you have something else to do that can pay more than that amount in a month, go ahead and do it, if not, take the job and still be hunting.. But it still depends on the nature of the job, I mean the running around and the stress involved in doing the job. If it is worth the stress, do it, if not, forget it
Some graduates are teaching, which pays them 15-20k monthly. Sometimes we do what we do just to gain knowledge and experience, because experience is an added advantage

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Maldini212(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
MrMcJay:

What is not true?

Your post
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by AmazingELixir: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
embarassed

My brother don't make the mistake of accepting that offer, working with Chinese, Indian or Lebanese companies is tantamount to modern day slavery not only will they sap you dry the opportunity for growth or welfare package like health insurance, pension or festival allowances are almost nonexistent.

Forget about all those folks telling you accepting the offer afford you the opportunity for a starting point, no such thing exist with the companies run by those nationals I mentioned, not only will they waste your time they will so occupy you that you would barely have time for any other thing even search for better job.

My advice is keep searching for company with better condition of service or better still explore Avenue to self employ.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Jmk9292(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
BarrElChapo:
Pls bros come and teach me abeg

What should I teach you please?
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by MrMcJay(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Maldini212:
Your post

There is a difference between "it is not true" and "I don't believe it".
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by midnighter(f): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sleevia:
You write so intelligently but have you considered doing home tutorship? Charge a child as much as 10k.

With 5kids, that is 50k per month. 10 kids is 100k per month.

Yes I wanted to ask him if he tried teaching but maybe he wouldn't like it
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by princety24(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
it's better you take the job and wait for a better to come..
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by MedicH: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
If I were you I'll take it and continue searching. Use am boost my resume. It's better than staying idle.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by kelblaze(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

I have been visiting this site as a guest for 2years, but today I had to sign up as a member. I do not intend to write so much, so permit me to go straight to the point.

I graduated in 2017 from one of the federal university in the South and finished my NYSC last year April. Ever since I have been hunting for jobs so to keep body and soul, I have written hundreds of job exams and attended several interviews but none has yielded any positive result yet.

Last month a friend of mine whose Uncle works in a Chinese Steel Production Company told me about an opening in the Marketing department of the company, he told me they were recruiting for the role of a Purchaser and a Sales Executive and advised that I should go submit my CV for consideration.

I did as advised and the following day I was called for a test. On getting there, I met three(3) other guys who also came for the same purpose. The Chinese HR guy came and administered the test and afterwards only two of us passed and were asked to come back the next day for the oral interview.

The next day I went for the interview and after being drilled and asked several questions I was offered the job. But my zeal and interest for the Job died the moment I was told the job conditions and pay.

Working hours are from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays. All these for a monthly pay of 35k

I was given the offer letter to take home to sign if I agree with the conditions and return it this coming Monday to resume work.

My fellow Nairalanders, would you advise that I take this job offer considering the conditions attached or reject it and continue job hunting hoping that one day favour would smile on me I am confused, please help a brother cry

Please help a brother push this to FP so I can get all the advice I need as much as possible. Thank you.
It might just favour you in the end. Like someone earlier said 'take the job and start from somewhere. Don't be surprised the 35k is just a test to see if you're actually after the pay or you're ready to work
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by mhizminna(f): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
My guy don’t even try it ooo! And when I say don’t try it I’m speaking from experience ooo

They are going to so use you, enslave you, and when they finish draining you, they will say you are not performing any longer and then they will fire you!

I know getting this job may seem like a good idea to you right now but please don’t be desperate cos better offer will surely come as long as you are persistent and God will crown all your effort with success.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Validated: 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
McAausim:
cool

Accept the job offer..... Life start from somewhere
So he will be working 312 hours a month for N35000. No holiday, just 4 Sundays off in a month? What day will he have to attend interview for another job ... on Sundays?
Abeg bro, go help people building at any site, you will earn more than 35k in less than 3 weeks, have time for other things like attending other interview for better jobs. Our problem is that people always look for white collar jobs. Go soil your hands and make money.

3 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
Logobenz:
This is strange.well,you better take the job and keep hunting while you are on the inside.
It's better than staying idle.

The problem is: d job won't even allow him d time to hunt 4 a more meaninful one...

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Danialuone: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
Accept the job my brother...Oni iyawo ,osope ofe aje......you don't have any suitors and you are complaing you can Mary a witch, which good mind have you see.Please accept and move on
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by frankobinna(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
My opinion
The working hours is much
And the salary is very poor.
Years back in Lagos, I have
Worked in a bar from 11am to 11pm
For 10k monthly.....

I endured and managed it
for six months.

My advice....
Accept the offer
Its very easy to be a graduate
In Nigeria but getting a
job is another thing

Just see it as a start up point
It will also increase your CV while
Applying else where

Half a loaf of bread is better than none
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Sleevia: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
midnighter:

Yes I wanted to ask him if he tried teaching but maybe he wouldn't like it

Sure, many just want to work for another man. There is nothing bad about that though.

To submit CV dey hard me die. But give me opportunity to think and come up with a business idea, and I will become so comfortable. I have so build myself that anything that is too monotonous is a turn off for me.

I love challenges and like taking risk...
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Multitalented1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

Last month a friend of mine whose Uncle works in a Chinese Steel Production Company told me about an opening in the Marketing department of the company, he told me they were recruiting for the role of a Purchaser and a Sales Executive and advised that I should go submit my CV for consideration.

I did as advised and the following day I was called for a test. On getting there, I met three(3) other guys who also came for the same purpose. The Chinese HR guy came and administered the test and afterwards only two of us passed and were asked to come back the next day for the oral interview.

The next day I went for the interview and after being drilled and asked several questions I was offered the job. But my zeal and interest for the Job died the moment I was told the job conditions and pay.

Working hours are from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays. All these for a monthly pay of 35k

I was given the offer letter to take home to sign if I agree with the conditions and return it this coming Monday to resume work.

My fellow Nairalanders, would you advise that I take this job offer considering the conditions attached or reject it and continue job hunting hoping that one day favour would smile on me I am confused, please help a brother cry

I won't advice you to take the offer.. The pay is small, on top that, you will have no time to look for better offers as you will work Mondays to Fridays 8am to 6pm daily. It's pure modern day slavery!

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ThothHermes: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Including public holiday grin grin.
Those people wicked ooo

Anyway, unless you have something else to do; I'd say "Despise not the days of little beginnings"
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
kelblaze:

It might just favour you in the end. Like someone earlier said 'take the job and start from somewhere. Don't be surprised the 35k is just a test to see if you're actually after the pay or you're ready to work

U say test?

Bros, Chinese no dey use money follow person dey joke o grin

Na how much dey go pay am dem don tell am so.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Cousin9999: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
sofiscatedmoron:
subtract your transportation and feeding, how much is left for you to save,
its a no no bro , why are these Chinese company so wicked,
a chinese firm in usa or dubai can't pay their workers N35k per month

Dubai prostitutes or enslaves most who enter. Do not come here talking about Dubai, devil.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by midnighter(f): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sleevia:

Sure, many just want to work for another man. There is nothing bad about that though.

To submit CV dey hard me die. But give me opportunity to think and come up with a business idea, and I will become so comfortable. I have so build myself that anything that is too monotonous is a turn off for me.

I love challenges and like taking risk...

Well that's good on you. Maybe you could employ the OP and pay him some real money lol
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
My guy long time
How’s the Benz doing? cheesy
Logobenz:
This is strange.well,you better take the job and keep hunting while you are on the inside.
It's better than staying idle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria 2017 Massive Recruitment / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / See What This Ceo Is Demanding For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.