Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (36159 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by uvie66: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
abuhusna1:
Nigeria is so bleep I am so disheartened. No very good labour law in this country. They are suppose to set maximum working hour to 8 hours and 40 hours per week as obtained in Western world no matter what and any hour above that should worth like 5k per hour.
Baba I take God beg you no collect am cos you will still suffer some trauma in the sense that they will abuse you emotionally, mentally and physically so what is the point. Continue hunting for good job as this kne will take away a good health from you and when you lose your health the wealth from the work you do can not cater for your health.
OK second note if the job ma working distance do am like three months gather experience and apply to other companies hopefully experience gets you job better than result sometimes
weak argument, haven't you heard of demand and supply ? If the amount of so called 'graduates' heavily outstrips the available vacancies in the economy this is the resultant effect.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by dingbang(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Pls dont accept the job!
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ollypapi(m): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
My brother i am giving you my own advice in this manner; if the place is not far to your house u can do it for two months just to save up for Christmas at least u have Lil cash to enjoy festive..
But if is kinda far pls ignore it..

keep praying then why not go into software programming?
start with html n javascript
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by greatbrian(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
I want to believe those asking him not to accept the offer here will not call him lazy youth if he comes online tomorrow to ask for financial help after been starved and pasting his account number.
That op a bird in hand is worth a million in the bush. After that, at least no matter how small you can keep body and soul together with 35k. Most of this folks telling you not to accept it will be the first to yab you and tell you about having two hands and not able to work if you come here tomorrow to seek some financial favour. Unless u HV or expecting a better offer, take that first
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Yokkyface: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
bros i think you should accept the job for now,bcoz it will give you more working experience .
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Adek65: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
Accept it my brother and still searching for better option while holding to this one.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Candoit: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
If you can see this
In all honesty, I think you should take the job. This will give you the experience needed for your next job. Many of us started even smaller than this, like my first job was 8k but we are not there anymore.
You are to keep pushing even while on this job, be patient and you'd smile at last.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by highbee02: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
midnighter:

That's what happens in private companies, sometimes even Saturday or Sunday join

My brother, I must confess it's not only in private companies, I'm an officer on level 9 and my salary is 35k in Kwara state (SUBEB). I have a wife and children to cater for. How do u expect me to be responsible family man?
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by jaxxy(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

I have been visiting this site as a guest for 2years, but today I had to sign up as a member. I do not intend to write so much, so permit me to go straight to the point.

I graduated in 2017 from one of the federal university in the South and finished my NYSC last year April. Ever since I have been hunting for jobs so to keep body and soul, I have written hundreds of job exams and attended several interviews but none has yielded any positive result yet.

Last month a friend of mine whose Uncle works in a Chinese Steel Production Company told me about an opening in the Marketing department of the company, he told me they were recruiting for the role of a Purchaser and a Sales Executive and advised that I should go submit my CV for consideration.

I did as advised and the following day I was called for a test. On getting there, I met three(3) other guys who also came for the same purpose. The Chinese HR guy came and administered the test and afterwards only two of us passed and were asked to come back the next day for the oral interview.

The next day I went for the interview and after being drilled and asked several questions I was offered the job. But my zeal and interest for the Job died the moment I was told the job conditions and pay.

Working hours are from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays. All these for a monthly pay of 35k

I was given the offer letter to take home to sign if I agree with the conditions and return it this coming Monday to resume work.

My fellow Nairalanders, would you advise that I take this job offer considering the conditions attached or reject it and continue job hunting hoping that one day favour would smile on me I am confused, please help a brother cry

Please help a brother push this to FP so I can get all the advice I need as much as possible. Thank you.

Average Chinese companies have no joy and that why I tell people support their phones like huawei they don’t have a clue what they are doing. Even when they pay u abit better they will use u and drain u however in engineering u may learn a few things if ur smart to handle them.

I will suggest u take the job for experience sake, see how it goes and the pressure level and experience level. If Ure learning a lot from it then stick in there cos the experience will count for u in ur next job. If Ure benefiting neither money, knowledge or contacts form the place pls tell them to fvck off. Period!
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Princemolar101: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
debinter:

Children like you should not be allowed to use the internet. So many people just insult over the internet where are sensibility and decorum heading to in this country.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Princemolar101: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
debinter:

Children like you should not be allowed to use the internet. So many people just insult over the internet where are sensibility and decorum heading to in this country.
. Please pardon him his my neighbor he has been passing through pains and he is frustrated in life but we are organizing prayer for him
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by akezn: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
I guess is the steel company at Amuwo Odofin Industrial Estate. I was there once. The working conditions scared the shit out of me. I japa ooo
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by rflamz230(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
Dear brother, what am about to tell you is from experience, don't take the job because if you do, you will be so strained that you will end up spending the little money you save on hospital bills when you fall sick, secondly... The job gives you no time to go out and search for better options. Again you going to hate yourself everyday on the job because it takes practically everything away from you, especially if you are the social type, desperation and idleness is what's making you think about picking the job... I know, but you sure deserve better. If you must start from somewhere,it should be where you fit in. Thats practical slavery bro.
McAausim:
cool

Accept the job offer..... Life start from somewhere

2 Likes

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by midnighter(f): 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
highbee02:

My brother, I must confess it's not only in private companies, I'm an officer on level 9 and my salary is 35k in Kwara state (SUBEB). I have a wife and children to cater for. How do u expect me to be responsible family man?

Sorry about that, try and find something else that will pay you better, that's too bad abeg

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by pawesome(m): 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

I have been visiting this site as a guest for 2years, but today I had to sign up as a member. I do not intend to write so much, so permit me to go straight to the point.

I graduated in 2017 from one of the federal university in the South and finished my NYSC last year April. Ever since I have been hunting for jobs so to keep body and soul, I have written hundreds of job exams and attended several interviews but none has yielded any positive result yet.

Last month a friend of mine whose Uncle works in a Chinese Steel Production Company told me about an opening in the Marketing department of the company, he told me they were recruiting for the role of a Purchaser and a Sales Executive and advised that I should go submit my CV for consideration.

I did as advised and the following day I was called for a test. On getting there, I met three(3) other guys who also came for the same purpose. The Chinese HR guy came and administered the test and afterwards only two of us passed and were asked to come back the next day for the oral interview.

The next day I went for the interview and after being drilled and asked several questions I was offered the job. But my zeal and interest for the Job died the moment I was told the job conditions and pay.

Working hours are from 7am to 6pm daily, Monday to Saturday including public holidays. All these for a monthly pay of 35k

I was given the offer letter to take home to sign if I agree with the conditions and return it this coming Monday to resume work.

My fellow Nairalanders, would you advise that I take this job offer considering the conditions attached or reject it and continue job hunting hoping that one day favour would smile on me I am confused, please help a brother cry

Please help a brother push this to FP so I can get all the advice I need as much as possible. Thank you.
start from dia...one thing i tell people is in as much as the money is important,the passion amd zeal should be dia too...forget the money and start the work first..you first focus should be on the work and not the pay....the moment you put the pay before the work,you will easily get tired of it...
put your mind into the work and who knows the connections you can get from dia

i know of a guy that started like that and he is now in china with the Chinese guys living large and his pay initially was 25k...

be grateful for small beginings...is from the small that you get the big

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by pawesome(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
rflamz230:
Dear brother, what am about to tell you is from experience, don't take the job because if you do, you will be so strained that you will end up spending the little money you save on hospital bills when you fall sick, secondly... The job gives you no time to go out and search for better options. Again you going to hate yourself everyday on the job because it takes practically everything away from you, especially if you are the social type, desperation and idleness is what's making you think about picking the job... I know, but you sure deserve better. If you must start from somewhere,it should be where you fit in. Thats practical slavery bro.
35k or sit down at home...
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Bahddo(m): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
As bad as it sounds, a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. If it's something you can get experience from, take it and get the experience, then scram.

Nigeria is a sad place to be born and grow up. We don't even have labour laws that protect workers, that's why Nigerian workers are exploited at every turn.

I don't even know who to blame.

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by highbee02: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
akejujoe:
Run for your life. That is not a job. You will be frustrated and drained if you work there for more than 3 months. Chinese work in nigeria these days is nothing short of slavery.

Where do u base in Ilorin?
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by BE811APP: 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Like I can not just imagine...

Will dey do same in their country

Badonasty:

Monday to Saturday
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Darealudeme: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Well to me I'd say you should accept the offer, while you keep on searching for a better opportunity.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ahidsufi: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Actually the working time and pay is not good at all but if you don't have anything to earn you money accept it but have it on back of your mind you are not going to stay for long
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by tbliss22(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
highbee02:

Brotherly.... grin grin grin grin grin you are not a responsible man now? You better be because those kids are looking up to you and whatever you do is what they will pick as attitude
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by ruthxzy(f): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
queengift:
indeed Nigeria is shithole, working over 10hours a day, for 35k at the end of the month is crazy, our regulatory bodies are not effective.

My dear, I will advise you accept the offer and continue job hunting, a regular 35k monthly is better than nothing.
It's well.
How will he have time for job hunting sad

1 Like

Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by muanya91(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Brother u better leave that job o. That is enslavement on African soil
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by muanya91(m): 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
ruthxzy:

How will he have time for job hunting sad
Excellent question
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by JohnWickLIVES(m): 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
That is pure slavery but then again, it's not really a choice between two strong options because you can reject and keep job hunting or you can accept and keep job hunting.
You gain and loose some and only you can understand what choice is to be made here. I'm in a similar predicament where I have an automatic employment but I have no idea when that would become a reality. I can either pick up a similar offer like yours except mine is 1 day on 1 day off (24 hours) for 25k. So I choose this and keep job hunting while waiting for my employment to be active or stay put and keep job hunting while still waiting.
That is a choice I only, can make. Same with you.
Sorry guy
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by sofiscatedmoron: 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
Cousin9999:

Dubai prostitutes or enslaves most who enter. Do not come here talking about Dubai, devil.
you can get good jobs in dubai, if you have technical ideas and degrees in dubai with good pay, not people with nothing in their head going to dubai, u will still comr back with nothing to show for it
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
concho:
Your profile says that you are in UK .
How does 30k salary cover your daily flight to Nigeria for work?
kindly check travel section of 2012/2013/2014.
I did my post graduate in UK sir
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ghostty:
Hello All.

If it's purchasing job, please take the offer and build your experience, exposure and use it to move on, but if it's marketing, just reject it, all the best
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Stefaniebo(f): 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
my dear dont accept the job, your friends and family might mock you but you know your worth. you might even end up doing a business that you will earn much more than their meagre salary. I was in the same position like you. i was offered a job of 35k last year somehow I did not accept so I started selling stuff on jumia, little by little I was seeing small small change but I continued applying for jobs. I even did an interview 4 times in one particular company. to cut the story short. I am employed with a better job and better salary plus my side online business. so it might take long but you will surely get a better one. just have a vision and know your worth.
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by Badonasty(m): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
BE811APP:
Like I can not just imagine...

Will dey do same in their country

Naija don sell us cheap na...even Nigerian companies do it
Re: Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? by dasrackhor(m): 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Jmk9292:
It's not worth it...........When I have got no job for you.. I can't tell u to reject the offer...... Weigh your options very well...... Some jobs end up caging one for a long time...
You speak my mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / MTN Nigeria 2017 Massive Recruitment / See What This Ceo Is Demanding For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.