Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe (42593 Views)

The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by TruthinAction: 12:54am On Oct 13, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

Which education.,, oh you mean the place we go to get misinformed? Is it not the same education that told you.. You came from monkeys?

And who told you the earth is casting a shadow on the moon.. Oh I guess proper education.
Incase you don't know the moon is a light, can you cast a shadow on a light? Does light and darkness mix.
There are so much mysteries about the moon we do not really even understand.
And I do not claim to know every thing that happens up there because I have not been there.

The moon does not have its own light. The light you see from the moon is a reflection of the light from the sun.

The earth cast shadow on the moon during lunar eclipse. This is why I advised you should go back to school.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
TruthinAction:

The moon does not have its own light. The light you see from the moon is a reflection of the light from the sun.

The earth cast shadow on the moon during lunar eclipse. This is why I advised you should go back to school.
so the full moon you see does not shine but rather reflects the sun light?. oga pls listen to your common sense.
in case you don't know the temperature of the moon light is colder than the temperature of the shade were the moon light does not hit. this is a clear fact to show the moon is giving out its own light. its pity you have been indoctrinated into believing the moon is a giant ball of rock in space.
ohh!! pls tell me how did buzz Aldrin's moon rock gift to Holland magically turned into wood, or is the moon a ball of wood.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
TruthinAction:

When the earth cast its shadow on the moon during lunar eclipse, which shape do you see? Flat or an arc? Please have sense.

If the world is flat, why do we have one portion dark and the other portion has light? A flat earth should receive light from the sun at the same time.

Please, go and enroll in an adult education program.
you have a large mouth but I will shut it up.

The suggestion that it is the Earth's shadow that causes a lunar eclipse is nothing more than assumption.
It is not known with certainty what causes lunar eclipses.

Do you know that through out history There have been testimonies in the past of the sun and moon both being visible in the sky during a lunar eclipse.

This would not be possible if the Earth's shadow was responsible for the eclipse.
Now let me quote some astronomical journals so you know am not just giving you my word.

""A remarkable instance of this kind was observed at Paris on the 19th of July, 1750, when the Moon appeared visibly Eclipsed while the Sun was distinctly to be seen above the horizon." ("Astronomy and Astronomical Instruments," p. 105, by Geo. G. Carey)""

Another was ""On the 20th of April, 1837, the Moon appeared to rise Eclipsed before the Sun had set. The same phenomenon was observed on the 20th of September, 1717." ("McCulloch's Geography," p. 85)""

And yet another one ""in the lunar Eclipses of July 17, 1590; Nov. 3, 1648 ; June 16, 1666 ; and May 26, 1668, the Moon rose Eclipsed whilst the Sun was still apparently above the horizon. Those horizontal Eclipses were noticed as early as the time of Pliny." ("Illustrated London Almanack for 1864," the astronomical part in which is by James Glaisher, Esq., of the Greenwich Observatory). ""

Now According to the Newtonian theory, it is necessary in a Lunar Eclipse, for the Sun to be on the opposite side of the supposed globular Earth, so that the Earth's shadow may thus in passing be cast upon the Moon. But, as Lunar Eclipses have occurred when both the Sun and the Moon were above the horizon, it stands to reason that, in such circumstances, it would be absolutely impossible for the shadow of the Earth to have been the cause of the Eclipse of the Moon.
But During an Eclipse of the Moon its surface has repeatedly been seen during the whole time it lasted, thus clearly proving that its Eclipse could not have been caused by the shadow of the Earth.

Again, the Earth, with a supposed diameter of 8,000 miles, is said to revolve round the Sun, with the velocity of about 1,000 miles per hour;
the Moon being reckoned to have a diameter of 2,200 miles, and to go round the Earth at the rate of 180 miles per minute, thus, according to calculation, the Eclipse of the Moon, by the shadow of the Earth passing it, should not take four minutes, whereas the usual time occupied by a Lunar Eclipse is generally about two hours, and it has been known to have been extended to four.
The sun is small and local about the same size with the moon this is why sometimes we see the clouds behind the the sun and also during the solar eclipse we the see the moon covers the sun perfectly, this would not be possibile if the sun is bigger than the moon.

It is clearly evident that there is not the shadow of a proof that the shadow of the Earth is the cause of a Lunar Eclipse, and therefore no argument can be drawn from this alleged proof that the Earth is a globular Planet.
Below is the image of a concentrated sun light, this shows that the object giving that light is close and not some 93million miles away.

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
TruthinAction:

Just read this article I saw online.

2. We cannot see very far away
Let’s say that you are standing on the West coast of North America on a clear day. While you are able to see the sun and moon in the sky, which are quite far away, you cannot see Japan if you look to the west. The reason you cannot see that far away on Earth is that light travels in a straight line and hence cannot follow Earth’s curve.

The reason we cannot see objects far away of due to perspective. The human eye view is pyramidal in shape so things get very small and tend to disappear from sight when they get very far and not because they went down a curve. Example is when you get into a very long hall way, you notice that the roof and the floor gets smaller as they extend forward.

When you go down the beach and watch a ship disappear over the horizon take a binocular view that ship you will see the ship will appear back into your sight this is a clear proof that they did not go down any curve as you rightly said ""light travels in a straight line"", but disappeared due to perspective.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
TruthinAction:

Just read this article I saw online.

3. Visibility and elevated areas
Many sailors are aware of the fact that elevated areas of land are visible at greater distances than those less elevated. Moreover, if one is standing on an elevated area, they are able to see farther away into the distance compared to if they were standing at a lower altitude. The curvature of the Earth is responsible for the observations

this your point number 3 if you read it very well you would see that it actually supports the fact that the earth is a flat pane. If elevated areas can be viewed from a distance then the earth is not a ball because those areas should fall under the horizon?/ curve making it impossible to be seen or has light stopped traveling in a straight line!?.

Moreover if one is standing at an elevated area they are able to see into far distance because the earth is a flat plane this is the reason the horizon keeps rising as you rise too. This would be impossible on a spherical surface because the horizon will fall below your eyes as you rise. Oga pls grow some common sense.

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by missjo(f): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
are you really trying to say the moon is not a light?
It's not. The moon has no light of its own, it's not a star

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Amujale(m): 12:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Earth is geoid.

All the evidence suggest that the earth is flat only at the polarities and some other places that physicist tend to talk about; majority is egg shaped.

There are numerous ways that proves the earth is either flat or round, my favourite is the one that proves our planet is round-shaped by looking into the night sky.

All the nearest galatic objects to us humans are round-shaped, the moon and the stars.

The easiest way to find out for certain is to major in Astro Physics or persevere in the combined study of Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics and the Physical Sciences.

Once you become an Astronaut then you can be in no doubt the shape of the planets.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 3:38am On Oct 14, 2019
missjo:

Who told you that lie?

There's little green men burning moondust on the surface of the moon making it glow in the dark. Rumour has it they share dna with the Japanese who make the sun burn everyday.

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:51am On Oct 14, 2019
missjo:

funny. So tell me why the temperature of the moon light is colder than the shade beside when measured.

And what do you mean its not a star?, you think the sun is star?. That is what yo were taught. Madam the sun is not a star it is a light clearly local and within the earths atmosphere that is why you can see the clouds behind it. I even had to take pic of the full moon yesterday night tell me how that thing which illuminates the earth at night is not a light.

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:54am On Oct 14, 2019
Amujale:
Earth is geoid.

All the evidence suggest that the earth is flat only at the polarities and some other places that physicist tend to talk about; majority is egg shaped.

There are numerous ways that proves the earth is either flat or round, my favourite is the one that proves our planet is round-shaped by looking into the night sky.

All the nearest galatic objects to us humans are round-shaped, the moon and the stars.

The easiest way to find out for certain is to major in Astro Physics or persevere in the combined study of Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics and the Physical Sciences.

Once you become an Astronaut then you can be in no doubt the shape of the planets.

so why are we still using a photo shopped image of the earth.

Ohh you mean these planet and thses stars?

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Amujale:
Earth is geoid.

Nice submission.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 14, 2019
budaatum:

Who told you that lie?

There's little green men burning moondust on the surface of the moon making it glow in the dark. Rumour has it they share dna with the Japanese who make the sun burn everyday.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by oaroloye(m): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2019
SHALOM!

I believe you have a typographical error, and meant to say:

"... the Earth is NOT a globe?"

I do believe that the Earth is a stationary globe- but concave, instead of convex.

This is called a DYSON SPHERE.

The statistics of the Sun, Moon, Planets, Stars, and Galaxies may not be correct.

According to the Concave Earth Theory, nothing in the sky is further than 10,000 miles away.

The entirety of Space Science is unreliable.

Most private citizens do not have the resources to determine the real Truth.

A man called CYRUS TEED used Surveying methods about 120 years ago, to determine that the Earth was concave.

His work was reviewed by hostile peers, who could not debunk it.

In 1993, a Pastor named DAVID KORESH was assassinated by the US Government, for naming himself and his Ministry after Cyrus Teed. (Koresh is Hebrew for "Cyrus;" his (Teed's) followers were called "Koreshites."wink

This would have been to protect NASA from unwelcome scrutiny.

The Concave Earth model is the simplest explanation for the reversal of the star trails after the Equator.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by TruthinAction: 1:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

this your point number 3 if you read it very well you would see that it actually supports the fact that the earth is a flat pane. If elevated areas can be viewed from a distance then the earth is not a ball because those areas should fall under the horizon?/ curve making it impossible to be seen or has light stopped traveling in a straight line!?.

Moreover if one is standing at an elevated area they are able to see into far distance because the earth is a flat plane this is the reason the horizon keeps rising as you rise too. This would be impossible on a spherical surface because the horizon will fall below your eyes as you rise. Oga pls grow some common sense.

Please tell me why do we have sunshine in one part of earth and complete darkness in another part? Or are you suggesting the earth is a cube like in shape with sharp edges. Please define your flatness very well. If possible, show us the diagram in 3 D

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by oaroloye(m): 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
SHALOM!

TruthinAction:

Please tell me why do we have sunshine in one part of earth and complete darkness in another part? Or are you suggesting the earth is a cube like in shape with sharp edges. Please define your flatness very well. If possible, show us the diagram in 3 D

It is very important that you focus your mind and think to understand this.

Oyinbo told us that the Sun is 93 million miles away, and 864,000 miles wide.

We did not know any better, as little kids in school, so we just chopped every lie they fed us from their asses.

They therefore told us to believe that merely tilting the globe Earth 23.5° is enough to radically alter the temperature of the World, causing "Seasons," and Polar ice caps. That is a damn lie!

When you examine the proposition , it dawns on you how ridiculous it is.

Believing in a Convex Globe Earth is like believing in SATAN CLAWS and the Easter Bunny Rabbit!

The Sun revolves over the Earth on a course plotted by all the places where the Sun is directly overhead at Noon.

This shifts over the course of the year- I don't know how- but it is the distance of the Sun. from the so-called "Poles" that causes the fluctuations in temperature.

If the sunlight were coming from nearly 100 million miles away, axis-tilting would make no difference.

The Sun is, in reality, very small, and very close.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
TruthinAction:

Haba now! Do you not know how much fuel would have to be burned to shine the sun on all the flat earth at the same time? Do you know how hard the Japanese would have to work to fuel such a sun?

The sun is allocated by how much each nation pays. It starts in UK, hence Greenwich Meridian Time, though some wuruwuru with calendars makes it seem the sun start elsewhere but that's just a freemason lie to hide the truth. The Brits, being historically smart, signed long term deals to get sun first. Places like Nigeria and centre of the world Africa get residual sun as they move it to paying client nations.

There is rumour that the Japanese have opened a secret Institute for the Rising Sun in Kyoto and are inviting Nigerians to apply and when they have enough staff, forget darkness and rising, for the sun will burn permanently in the sky and be fueled by Nigaz for which Dangote is building a refinery.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by TruthinAction: 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

We did not know any better, as little kids in school, so we just chopped every lie they fed us from their asses.

They therefore told us to believe that merely tilting the globe Earth 23.5° is enough to radically alter the temperature of the World, causing "Seasons," and Polar ice caps. That is a damn lie!

Believing in a Convex Globe Earth is like believing in SATAN CLAWS and the Easter Bunny Rabbit!

The Sun revolves over the Earth on a course plotted by all the places where the Sun is directly overhead at Noon.

This shifts over the course of the year- I don't know how- but it is the distance of the Sun. from the so-called "Poles" that causes the fluctuations in temperature.

If the sunlight were coming from nearly 100 million miles away, axis-tilting would make no difference.

The law of diminishing return is at work in your brain. Please just go for a check up.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by TruthinAction: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

You deny research based on proven facts and calculations without coming up with your own research with facts. Please, don't comment on what you don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by RandomGuy48: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
Dnatruth:

That's an outright lie that on an airplane you don't feel wind turbulence and the motion of the plane.
I never said you don't feel wind turbulence (though that's only occasional, and that fact is also irrelevant). I said you don't feel the motion of the plane, which is true.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by oaroloye(m): 1:19am On Oct 15, 2019
MISHIGAS!

TruthinAction:

The law of diminishing return is at work in your brain. Please just go for a check up.

TruthinAction:

You deny research based on proven facts and calculations without coming up with your own research with facts. Please, don't comment on what you don't know.

Your FATHER is not my age mate.

You do not know anything about any "RESEARCH," or "CALCULATIONS," I may or may not have done in my lifetime, even before you were born, neither would you be intelligent enough to understand such, were they shown to you.

Smart people have manners.

The point of the FLAT/CONCAVE EARTH Doctrine is that everything that the Oyinbos have told us about Convex Earth is a lie.

I do not know for a fact which position is correct: Theories based on unknown and unprovable Scientific Principles are bad.

The Concave Earth Theory requires some unknown agency to bend light in an unreasonable way, to prevent us from seeing that the sky is actually a ball inside the Dyson Sphere that is the Earth.

The Flat Earth Theory only fails in accounting for the star trails phenomenon, which reverses in the Northern and Southern hemispheres.

None of the explanations are satisfactory.

But the Convex Earth Theory is totally unpalatable, being based on the denial of the Existence of God. Millions of people have lost their SOULS, because they accepted "proof" that the Universe was created by a "BIG BANG," and coalesced out of flaming gas, where we have a Sun that is a giant BOMB, that could blow up at any minute, hurtling through Space, at stupendous speed, dragging its nine Planets- which they tell us is now only eight Planets along with it- with no guarantee that it is not going to crash into something coming from any other direction.

If anything happens to deflect the Earth in its supposed orbit, just a little bit, we will all freeze to death, or roast to death.

But, by a string of amazing coincidences, the Convex Earth Theory goes, we have just muddled through- with no God necessary!

The Oyinbos have never proven their Convex Earth Theory- they have merely cited data they SAID was proof.

For instance, they SAY that the EARTH casts its shadow on the Moon during Lunar Eclipses: HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT?

They DON'T know: it is just a THEORY, based on the simplest INTERPRETATION of observations.

We were TOLD that, "THE CORIOLIS EFFECT PROVES THAT THE EARTH ROTATES." It would, if it existed- WHAT PROOF IS THERE THE CORIOLIS EXISTS?"

There isn't one.

It was claimed that snipers have to account for the rotation of the Earth, when calculating their shots. A gunman reported: "No, we don't!"

An experiment was cited, in which cannons were fired perpendicularly, in an attempt to measure the deflection due to Coriolis.

There wasn't any such deflection detectable. In fact, some of the cannonball fired reportedly fell right back into the cannon muzzles they were fired from.

Who here is a Science student, who did a practical experiment to prove some Theory, and found that their results fitted the Theory?

We were told, when the results didn't fit the Theory, that our EXPERIMENT was WRONG: that WE screwed up!

We could not say that our experiments proved that THE OYINBO THEORIES WERE LIES.

The authenticity of a Theory is proven by the ability of PEERS to DUPLICATE the results.

We were told that our inability to duplicate the Oyinbos' alleged experiment results, was because we were NOT QUALIFIED PEERS- because we were inferior.

The last I heard, they simply stopped doing Practical Experiments in public schools, so that they were turning out generations of graduates who had never done the experiments they were taught to believe in.

The importance of this is that we are economically dependent on them, because we cannot duplicate their technological achievements.

We have come to this state through the cooperation of our trusted Political Leaders with the Oyinbo Educational Authorities, who are allowed to dictate to us, what we can, and cannot teach in our schools, to keep us ignorant of what they don't want us to know.

That is why it is important that we start thinking outside-the-casket on things they taught us to take for granted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldkAuUgSjdQ

3 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 15, 2019
oaroloye:
MISHIGAS!

Sorry to say, sir, I doubt people that make the sorts of assertions in your post understand how the scientific world works.

Do you know what it takes for a postulation to be called a theory or a law or a principle in science?

Do you know why some postulates are regarded as hypotheses and have remain so for a very long time?

I doubt you people understand the volume of reviews, criticism a postulation is normally subjected to, including the volume of corroborating research (independently done), and the number of years, before it can transition from a hypothesis to a theory or a law in science.

STEM education is moribund in this country. Threads like this, making laughable and farcical claims, clearly reflect the decay in Nigeria's education system, especially in STEM.

Last week, the 2019 Nobel Prize winners were announced, including recipients from Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Peace, etc.

I followed the one for Physics, since that's my own area of research interest.

The trio of James Peebles, Michel Mayor, and Didier Queloz bagged the 2019 Nobel Prize award in Physics.

James, an 89-year-old astrophysicist and cosmologist from Canada, won the joint award for the seminal works he developed since the 1960s in cosmology that help scientists understand the birth and evolution of the universe.

The other 2 scientists were honored mainly for their discovery of exoplanets (planets outside our Galaxy, the Milky Way) in 1995 (about 24 years ago).

Why did I mention this? I wanted you to see how long it takes for postulates, discoveries to be acknowledged as something deemed to be worthy of an award, or regarded as a theory, a law, or a principle in science.

How does GPS work?

How does your phone calls work using satellite physics?

How does weather prediction work using satellite technology?

The volume of applications and gadgets built on the ideas of an almost spherical shape of the Earth, the heliocentric (not geocentric) model, and related principles are mind-blogging.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by TruthinAction: 7:15am On Oct 15, 2019
oaroloye:
MISHIGAS!

Your FATHER is not my age mate.

You do not know anything about any "RESEARCH," or "CALCULATIONS," I may or may not have done in my lifetime, even before you were born, neither would you be intelligent enough to understand such, were they shown to you.

Smart people have manners.

The point of the FLAT/CONCAVE EARTH Doctrine is that everything that the Oyinbos have told us about Convex Earth is a lie.

I do not know for a fact which position is correct: Theories based on unknown and unprovable Scientific Principles are bad.

The Concave Earth Theory requires some unknown agency to bend light in an unreasonable way, to prevent us from seeing that the sky is actually a ball inside the Dyson Sphere that is the Earth.

The Flat Earth Theory only fails in accounting for the star trails phenomenon, which reverses in the Northern and Southern hemispheres.

None of the explanations are satisfactory.

But the Convex Earth Theory is totally unpalatable, being based on the denial of the Existence of God. Millions of people have lost their SOULS, because they accepted "proof" that the Universe was created by a "BIG BANG," and coalesced out of flaming gas, where we have a Sun that is a giant BOMB, that could blow up at any minute, hurtling through Space, at stupendous speed, dragging its nine Planets- which they tell us is now only eight Planets along with it- with no guarantee that it is not going to crash into something coming from any other direction.

If anything happens to deflect the Earth in its supposed orbit, just a little bit, we will all freeze to death, or roast to death.

But, by a string of amazing coincidences, the Convex Earth Theory goes, we have just muddled through- with no God necessary!

The Oyinbos have never proven their Convex Earth Theory- they have merely cited data they SAID was proof.

For instance, they SAY that the EARTH casts its shadow on the Moon during Lunar Eclipses: HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT?

They DON'T know: it is just a THEORY, based on the simplest INTERPRETATION of observations.

We were TOLD that, "THE CORIOLIS EFFECT PROVES THAT THE EARTH ROTATES." It would, if it existed- WHAT PROOF IS THERE THE CORIOLIS EXISTS?"

There isn't one.

It was claimed that snipers have to account for the rotation of the Earth, when calculating their shots. A gunman reported: "No, we don't!"

An experiment was cited, in which cannons were fired perpendicularly, in an attempt to measure the deflection due to Coriolis.

There wasn't any such deflection detectable. In fact, some of the cannonball fired reportedly fell right back into the cannon muzzles they were fired from.

Who here is a Science student, who did a practical experiment to prove some Theory, and found that their results fitted the Theory?

We were told, when the results didn't fit the Theory, that our EXPERIMENT was WRONG: that WE screwed up!

We could not say that our experiments proved that THE OYINBO THEORIES WERE LIES.

The authenticity of a Theory is proven by the ability of PEERS to DUPLICATE the results.

We were told that our inability to duplicate the Oyinbos' alleged experiment results, was because we were NOT QUALIFIED PEERS- because we were inferior.

The last I heard, they simply stopped doing Practical Experiments in public schools, so that they were turning out generations of graduates who had never done the experiments they were taught to believe in.

The importance of this is that we are economically dependent on them, because we cannot duplicate their technological achievements.

We have come to this state through the cooperation of our trusted Political Leaders with the Oyinbo Educational Authorities, who are allowed to dictate to us, what we can, and cannot teach in our schools, to keep us ignorant of what they don't want us to know.

That is why it is important that we start thinking outside-the-casket on things they taught us to take for granted.

You talk too much. Show us a 3D model of your flat earth looks like. If you can't, then remain silent for life on this issue.

If the earth is flat, I should be able to see Legos from Port Harcourt. If we can see the sun and the moon that is farther away, then I should even be able to see Japan from Nigeria. At least they have skyscrapers that are high enough. Please, have sense and focus your energy on more reasonable things. I am waiting for your 3D model of the whole earth.

3 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by missjo(f): 7:39am On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:

Who told you that lie?

cheesy cheesy
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by missjo(f): 7:41am On Oct 15, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
funny. So tell me why the temperature of the moon light is colder than the shade beside when measured.

And what do you mean its not a star?, you think the sun is star?. That is what yo were born taught. Madam the sun is not a star it is a light clearly local and within the earths atmosphere that is why you can see the clouds behind it. I even had to take pic of the full moon yesterday night tell me how that thing which illuminates the earth at night is not a light.
Lmao. Please stop cheesy
cheesy
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
missjo:

Lmao. Please stop cheesy
cheesy

is this your factual answer to what I presented?, can you by anyway disprove what I just said?. you scoff at things because of your lack of knowledge.
let me inform you in case you don't know..

the sun and moon have different properties. the suns light is golden, warm, drying, preservative and antiseptic, while the moons light is silver, cool, damp, putrefying and septic.
secondly, it is impossible for a convex object to uniformly reflect light equally outwardly in all directions as the moon does. pls try have small sense and stop scoffing at things you know nothing about.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
TruthinAction:

We cannot have sunlight through out the whole earth because the sun is small and close and its light covers the areas directly below it.

This is the reason when the sun moves it takes its light along with it to another location. The earth below it is way too large for its light to reach every area at the same time.
The sun is clearly not 93million miles away because we can see the clouds around and behind it. Besides over the ages heliocentrist astronomical figures as regards to the distance of the sun has been changed from time to time.

Example. Copernicus calculated the distance of the sun to be 3,394,200miles, later kepler decided it was actually 12,376,800miles. Benjamin Martin calculated to between 81 to 82 million miles.
Even Isaac newton once said it doesn't matter whether its 28or 54 miles for either would do just as well. How scientific is the statement?.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
TruthinAction:

You talk too much. Show us a 3D model of your flat earth looks like. If you can't, then remain silent for life on this issue.

If the earth is flat, I should be able to see Legos from Port Harcourt. If we can see the sun and the moon that is farther away, then I should even be able to see Japan from Nigeria. At least they have skyscrapers that are high enough. Please, have sense and focus your energy on more reasonable things. I am waiting for your 3D model of the whole earth.
oga this comment reeks of ignorance.

The human eye view is triangular in nature such that an object too far away becomes soo small that when they reach the vanishing point at the horizon you can no longer see any thing, this is the law of perspective. No matter your position the horizon keeps rising to your eye level as you rise.

No matter your standing point the horizon is always 360° around you even while you are 30 thousand feet above sea level. If objects few miles away can disappear into the horizon from view then tell me how you can see japan from nigeria or portharcourt from lagos?.

4 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

We cannot have sunlight through out the whole earth because the sun is small and close and its light covers the areas directly below it.

This is the reason when the sun moves it takes its light along with it to another location. The earth below it is way too large for its light to reach every area at the same time.
The sun is clearly not 93million miles away because we can see the clouds around and behind it. Besides over the ages heliocentrist astronomical figures as regards to the distance of the sun has been changed from time to time.

Example. Copernicus calculated the distance of the sun to be 3,394,200miles, later kepler decided it was actually 12,376,800miles. Benjamin Martin calculated to between 81 to 82 million miles.
Even Isaac newton once said it doesn't matter whether its 28or 54 miles for either would do just as well. How scientific is the statement?.
Oh EMILO2STAY, you have just kick-started a battle you can't win, however grounded you are in this subject.
The "spinning ball-earth" theory seems to be biggest fraud ever perpetrated in the history of mankind. It's so big that even the brightest of minds bought into it without reservations. Someone said the "Evolution theory" is the most potent spell in the Universe, no, it's not, I think it's actually the spinning ball-earth mumbo jumbo.
As you can see here, you have asked the ball-earth faithfuls to use their God-given senses but, trust me, they would never do that as they believe more in theories lies than realities. In fact it takes an absolute suspension of reason to believe you live on a ball spinning endlessly in the middle of nowhere.

If bloody atheists could demand concrete and verifiable proofs of God's existence ( a spiritual entity) rather than some spiritual anecdotes, it would not be out of place to demand likewise for an utterly physical and observable phenomenon. Would it?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

I Honour My Word Above My Name / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers / This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.