Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe (42627 Views)

The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by DeOTR: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

the rising and setting of the sun is best explained on the flat earth model. if u understand that the earth does not rotate but the sun which is small and local clearly not 93million miles away is rotating around the earth. which is the reason you can clearly see the clouds behind and around it. when it moves across the horizon taking with it its light to another location because it can only light up the place it is directly above.
I really don't have the luxury of time to argue back and forth.
With the flat earth model, the sun will never actually set anywhere. Not with the sun at 3000miles about the disc-earth.

in the flat earth model the arctic and antarctic phenomenon is easily accounted for in exactly what would be expected.
if the sun circles over and around the flat earth every 24hrs steadily travelling from tropics to tropics every 6months it follows that the northern central region would annually receives far more sunlight than the southern circumferential region.
since the sun must go over the larger south region in the same 24hrs it had to pass over the smaller northern region, its passage must necessarily be proportionally faster as well. this is why the antarctic morning dawn in evening are abrupt.
but in the extreme north twilight continues for hours
after sunset and for many mid summer night the sun does not set at all.

Dr Samuel robowtham wrote,"" if he sun is fixed and the earth rotates around it, the same phenomenon would exist at the same distance on each side of the equator but such is not the case. what can operate the cause of the latitude in new Zealand to be so much more sudden or the night colder than in england. the southern hemisphere cannot revolve more rapidly than the northern , their latitude are about the same and the distance around the globe would be the same at 50° south as at 50° north and thus the whole would revolve once in 24hrs . the distance at the two places would pass under the sun at the same velocity and the light would approach in the morning and recede in the evening in exactly that same manner. yet the very contrary is the fact.

If you attempt to explain seasons and equinox with the flat earth theory, you'll create more problems for yourself than your brain can handle. I hope you know the flat earth explanations are problematic?

About the flight routes. I know flying across the Antarctica is not prohibited. You can try it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
[quote author=DeOTR post=83256975]
I really don't have the luxury of time to argue back and forth.
With the flat earth model, the sun will never actually set anywhere. Not with the sun at 3000miles about the disc-earth.

If you attempt to explain seasons and equinox with the flat earth theory, you'll create more problems for yourself than your brain can handle. I hope you know the flat earth explanations are problematic?

About the flight routes. I know flying across the Antarctica is not prohibited. You can try it.
[/quote

What problems are you talking about?.

You say things like this not because you actually know for sure but because you want to remain in your comfortable state of belief. The sun sets already in front of you while your standing on a flat surface yet you doubt.

Stop telling me to try flying across the antarctic. be realistic, have you done it? . Have you ever heard or read any were in your entire life that any one has flown across the antarctic? Or seen the ends if it. I have given you written history of men who sailed the antarctic and never found any inlet but confirming the ice walls as 360° running barrier yet you doubt. It takes the total rejection of ones common sense, fact and every day experience to accept the theory of a globe earth.

Think about this if the sun is 93million miles away how come we can see the clouds around and behind it? /
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by DeOTR: 10:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
@EMILO2STAY

You said no one has sailed all round the Antarctic in history, how do you know that if you flat-earthers have not tried?
At least I have some experience flying, and I've told you why flights don't go accross that barren land. The polar effects mess up your nav system. It's the windiest point on the planet so you you can imagine what flying across would be like. Now consider the fact that you're flying thousands of miles in these harsh conditions without any airport anywhere near. Where exactly would you land the plane in an emergency situation (it would be a miracle if you don't have one).
The coastline is said to be 11,000+ miles. At least if we can't travel across (assuming it's actually an ice wall as you claim), it's still possible to sail around it to measure the coastline. That should clear your doubt. But for now, the coastline, as we know it, is no where as long as an ice wall round the earth as you would want us to believe.
Please explain, using the flat earth model, how it's possible to have winters in London in December, while at the same time, it's summer in Australia?

I'm open-minded. I've considered the possibility that the sun is just 3000miles above the earth, and I can tell you, there won't sunset anywhere if the earth is flat.
It would have made some senses if you said the earth is somewhat like an hemisphere. Even at that, there would be questions to answer.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Amujale(m): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
lol, your not making sense. we have animals and plant in the north pole and you want to consider it as outer space why? just listen to your self. your even the one missing the point, if people die on Mount everest yearly much more than people die in arctic or Antarctic then why consider it a restricted zone more than mount everest ?.
and if it is such an important site holding some of the oldest structures in the world, would it not make sense if it is turned into a tourist attraction.

Right back at you!

You display the reasoning of one that isnt able to understand simple written text too well.

Majority of the regions my post refers to harbour aquatic animals. The animals and plants are aswell a part of the upholsterysic in these regions.

Eventhough i certainly have no intention to derail the thread.

You seem not to know what you text about on these matters, better stick to answering the questions posed to you by the thread.

Furthermore, given that i havent any ulterior motive, doesnt amount to your thoughtless of response that attempts to remove the gloss of the fact that we need to understand and appreciate the majestic nature of the various complex held within these regions cannot go unchecked.

As was said earlier, the polar regions represent all the available timelines in all of human history.

These sacredsic sites are viewed in that way to historians and nature scientist for a good reason.

Here you will come across 'majestic translucent complex of brittle transparent crytalline structures that are literally static streams, rivers, seas and oceans. They are without a shadow of doubt the real marvels of their planet.

Everyone with common sense would agree with me that they neednt be disturbed or disrupted by means of unfettered human activities in that region.

Anyway we find human activity, a huge amount of energy is either consumed or released and these regions do NOT need that type of disturbance.

Apart from our own continent, these are amongst the other places of huge significance to us humans.

Now, can you understand what was meant when said:

Amujale:
these places ought to be treated as outter-space.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2019
Amujale:

Right back at you!

You display the reasoning of one that isnt able to understand simple written text too well.

Majority of the regions my post refers to harbour aquatic animals. The animals and plants are aswell a part of the upholsterysic in these regions.

You seem not to know what you text about on these matters, better stick to answering the questions posed to you by the thread.

Furthermore, given that i havent any ulterior motive, doesnt amount to your thoughtless of response that attempts to remove the gloss of the fact that we need to understand and appreciate the majestic nature of the various complex held within these regions cannot go unchecked.

As was said earlier, the polar regions represent all the available timelines in all of human history.

These sacredsic sites are viewed in that way to historians and nature scientist for a good reason.

Here you will come across 'majestic translucent complex of brittle transparent crytalline structures that are literally static streams, rivers, seas and oceans. They are without a shadow of doubt the real marvels of their planet.

Everyone with common sense would agree with me that they neednt be disturbed or disrupted by means of unfettered human activities in that region.

Anyway we find human activity, a huge amount of energy is either consumed or released and these regions do NOT need that type of disturbance.

Apart from our own continent, these are amongst the other places of huge significance to us humans.

Oga you talk too much you reasons are no enough for the sudden militarily enforced closure of this area. It shows they are hiding something from the people.
Go and read about admiral byrd or just google him and stop typing many word with little meaning.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
DeOTR:
@EMILO2STAY

You said no one has sailed all round the Antarctic in history, how do you know that if you flat-earthers have not tried?
At least I have some experience flying, and I've told you why flights don't go accross that barren land. The polar effects mess up your nav system. It's the windiest point on the planet so you you can imagine what flying across would be like. Now consider the fact that you're flying thousands of miles in these harsh conditions without any airport anywhere near. Where exactly would you land the plane in an emergency situation (it would be a miracle if you don't have one).
The coastline is said to be 11,000+ miles. At least if we can't travel across (assuming it's actually an ice wall as you claim), it's still possible to sail around it to measure the coastline. That should clear your doubt. But for now, the coastline, as we know it, is no where as long as an ice wall round the earth as you would want us to believe.
Please explain, using the flat earth model, how it's possible to have winters in London in December, while at the same time, it's summer in Australia?

I'm open-minded. I've considered the possibility that the sun is just 3000miles above the earth, and I can tell you, there won't sunset anywhere if the earth is flat.
It would have made some senses if you said the earth is somewhat like an hemisphere. Even at that, there would be questions to answer.

some of you just come here to type for typing sake, have you read about admiral byrd? How did he explore antarctica, he did it more than once even taking military war ships and about a hundred men with immediately after his exploration the place was closed off.

As for your winter in London question pls go back to some of my post I already addressed it.

The sun cannot cover every area of the earth because it is not 400times bigger than the earth or moon, it is small and close about the same size with moon. Its light cover the areas directly below it the earth under it is too large for its light to reach every were so it moves clock wise about the earth.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Wakeupyall: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
some of you just come here to type for typing sake, have you read about admiral byrd? How did he explore antarctica, he did it more than once even taking military war ships and about a hundred men with immediately after his exploration the place was closed off.

As for your winter in London question pls go back to some of my post I already addressed it.

The sun cannot cover every area of the earth because it is not 400times bigger than the earth or moon, it is small and close about the same size with moon. Its light cover the areas directly below it the earth under it is too large for its light to reach every were so it moves clock wise about the earth.

Exactly as it appears as the Sun rises and goes across the sky and the Sun sets the sky gets dark again.

Wake up out your your slumber
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Ola17: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

If that is the case how then do you explain midnight sun and polar night phenomena using the flat earth concept?

Eg:
A quarter of Finland's territory lies north of the Arctic Circle, and at the country's northernmost point the sun does not set at all for 60 days during summer

I bet you don’t have an answer to that.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Amujale(m): 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

Oga you talk too much you reasons are no enough for the sudden militarily enforced closure of this area. It shows they are hiding something from the people.
Go and read about admiral byrd or just google him and stop typing many word with little meaning.

Let me remind you that you quoted an unclad post yet you now give an inconsequential response.

Amujale:

DeOTR:

What stops you from taking a flight to Antarctica? Last time I checked, it's only commercial flights that don't go anywhere there
And please, Antarctica is not just a small piece of land. It's larger than Europe in size.

The Anctarctica and the Artic ought to be forbidden parts of the globe.

Anyone that studies history could easily conclude that these are hugely important sites that neednt be disturbed unecessarily. Holding some of the oldest structures in the world of today.

The only professionals that out to be allowed to visit the polar regions are cctv installation engineers and other sort of related professionals.

Install CCTV there and return every four to eight years in order to maintain their installations.

The polar regions ought to be treated as outter-space.

These places arent meant as to be subjected to physical human tourism. Anyone that wants to visit them can easily use virtual tourism or watch in the comfort of our tv screens or other devices that are capable of transmiting a clear and realistic coverage.

EMILO2STAY:
lol, your not making sense. we have animals and plant in the north pole and you want to consider it as outer space why? just listen to your self. your even the one missing the point, if people die on Mount everest yearly much more than people die in arctic or Antarctic then why consider it a restricted zone more than mount everest ?.
and if it is such an important site holding some of the oldest structures in the world, would it not make sense if it is turned into a tourist attraction.

Amujale:
Right back at you!

Amujale:

these places ought to be treated as outter-space.

Kindly concentrate your energy on the questions posed to you by the thread, it’s become obvious that you hadn’t any real understanding of what was being said.

Initially the post was directed to another contributor yet let me spell it out to you load and clear just in case you found it hard not to have understood the post that wasn’t really addressed to you in the first place.

The polar regions are a semi-protected region for the same reason to which I have been trying to articulate here. My campaign is for the regions to become fully protected under all the international laws that are applicable here.

It’s a common notion that suggest that our planet is covered with approximately 71% water, these regions combine amount approximately 3.5% of their overall volume.

They are as well individual and collective time banks, hold unique and hardly understood ecosystems, rare aquatic animals that are recently discovered; nothing similar to what has ever been seen before. It’s been proven that a whole new world of plant and aquatic life present themselves within those regions.

In actual fact, another way to look at what’s been said here in relation to treating these places as outer space is that, assuming the amount of enthusiasm and support awarded to the space campaign is re-directed to invest in maintaining our future and that of the coming generations then one would definitely have to treat these places as such.

Similarly, these are amongst the reasons given behind the global warming campaign; they stipulate that assuming the average warmth of our planet increases by a 100th of a percent may affect these majestic time-banks; they (the global warming campaigners) as well realise these simple truths about the need to protect these regions of the world.

Apart from the fact that their disappearance would hugely affect the geophysical look of our planet by ways of wiping out the entire landscape of countries within their displacement range, the unnecessary displacing of millions and millions of people, we need their existence on our planet for other more life saving reasons.

Once we concentrate our focus on unlocking the vast amount of information stored within our own domain should we then be investing huge amount of effort on the Space Project.

For me, the Space Project will always be considered a fool’s errand until we can successfully say to ourselves that we are proud to realise that we understand our planet as best we can.

Everyone is busy investing huge amount of resources on the Space Project and neglecting the real things that matter here on our own planet.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by DeOTR: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
Like I said earlier, people still go there for tourism. Even if the place is sealed up, I believe, sailing along the 60degree south from one end to the other will clear your doubt that the earth is not flat. If the distance is shorter than that on the equator, there you have your answer. If otherwise, we'll all agree the earth is truly flat.
Flat-earthers don't even have to go close to the Antarctica before discovering the truth. Forget everything you've known, measure the distance along the equator and then along the 60 degrees south. For your theory to hold true, the conference of any point below the equator as we know it, must be larger if the earth is disc-like. This is not too hard to figure out and doesn't require a trip accross or anywhere close to the Antarctic.

[/quote]The sun cannot cover every area of the earth because it is not 400times bigger than the earth or moon, it is small and close about the same size with moon. Its light cover the areas directly below it the earth under it is too large for its light to reach every were so it moves clock wise about the earth. [/quote]
Study the flat earth map again. With the sun being about 2159miles in diameter (according to you) and 3000miles above the earth, it won't set anywhere in the world. Not if the sun is rotating along the equator or the tropics as we know it.
Or maybe the sun is disc-like too?

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2019
Amujale:

Right back at you!

oga carry your wahalah and go!!!
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
DeOTR:

Like I said earlier, people still go there for tourism. Even if the place is sealed up, I believe, sailing along the 60degree south from one end to the other will clear your doubt that the earth is not flat. If the distance is shorter than that on the equator, there you have your answer. If otherwise, we'll all agree the earth is truly flat.
Flat-earthers don't even have to go close to the Antarctica before discovering the truth. Forget everything you've known, measure the distance along the equator and then along the 60 degrees south. For your theory to hold true, the conference of any point below the equator as we know it, must be larger if the earth is disc-like. This is not too hard to figure out and doesn't require a trip accross or anywhere close to the Antarctic.

Study the flat earth map again. With the sun being about 2159miles in diameter (according to you) and 3000miles above the earth, it won't set anywhere in the world. Not if the sun is rotating along the equator or the tropics as we know it.

Maybe you missed this part

""currently there exist an international treaty preventing all independent exploration of Antarctica, only approved guided tours exist which takes visitors to a few coastal regions but no independent exploration is allowed.
sailors like jarle andhoy have been caught attempting to explore Antarctica and threatened turned back at gun point, fined and jailed for violating the militarily enforced treaty.'""

And this one

"the British navy challenger recently completed the circuit of the southern region which took 3yrs,covering a total 69,000miles a stretch long enough to have her 6times around the globe earth model.
if the earth were a globe , then every line of latitude south of the equator will have to measure gradually smaller and smaller circumference the farther south it travels. in other words the circumference at 10° latitude south will comprise a small circle than at the equator. 20° latitude will comprise a circle smaller than10° and so on ..

but if the earth is flat the line of latitude south of the equator should measure gradually larger and larger circumference the farther south travelled. 10° south latitude will comprise large circle than the equator,20° will comprise larger than 10° and so on.
Also if the earth is a globe lines of longitude would bulge out at the equator while converging at the pole. but if the earth is flat lines of longitude would simply extend outwards straight from the north pole of which is actually the case."

"David warldlaw Scott wrote ,"" upon the principle taught by scripture and common observation that the world is not a planet but a consist of a vast land stretched out from the north and level seas , the north been the center of the system, it is evident the degrees of longitude would gradually increase in length the whole way from the north center to the icy barriers of the southern circumference .

in consequence of the difference between the actual extent of the longitude and that allowed for by he nautical authorities which difference at the latitude of the coast of good hope has been estimated to amount to a great number of miles . many ships and vessels have lost their reckoning and wrecked.
ship captains who have been taught the globular theory do not know how to account for their gaining of so much our of course in the south"".
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
[/quote] were did I say the sun is 2159 miles In diameter? Or 3000miles above the earth?.
What I said is that the sun is small and close, not 93million miles in space because you can clearly see clouds behind it. Are clouds in space?.

This is the path of the sun
And it goes away from your view due to perspective and takes it his light to another location. The sun is moving not the earth.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ola17:

If that is the case how then do you explain midnight sun and polar night phenomena using the flat earth concept?

Eg:

I bet you don’t have an answer to that.

oga you missed this part

in the flat earth model the arctic and antarctic phenomenon is easily accounted for in exactly what would be expected.

if the sun circles over and around the flat earth every 24hrs steadily travelling from tropics to tropics every 6months it follows that the northern central region would annually receives far more sunlight than the southern circumferential region.
since the sun must go over the larger south region in the same 24hrs it had to pass over the smaller northern region, its passage must necessarily be proportionally faster as well. this is why the antarctic morning dawn in evening are abrupt.
but in the extreme north twilight continues for hours
after sunset and for many mid summer night the sun does not set at all.

Dr Samuel rowbotham wrote,"" if he sun is fixed and the earth rotates around it, the same phenomenon would exist at the same distance on each side of the equator but such is not the case. what can operate the cause of the latitude in new Zealand to be so much more sudden or the night colder than in england.
the southern hemisphere cannot revolve more rapidly than the northern , their latitude are about the same and the distance around the globe would be the same at 50° south as at 50° north and thus the whole would revolve once in 24hrs .
the distance at the two places would pass under the sun at the same velocity and the light would approach in the morning and recede in the evening in exactly that same manner. yet the very contrary is the fact.
the constant sun light of the north developed with the utmost torpidity numerous life forms of vegetable life. but in the south were the sunlight never dwells or lingers about a central region but rapidly sweeps of the sea and lands to complete in 24hrs the heat circle of the southern circumference.
it has not time to excite and stimulate the surface and then in comparatively low southern latitude every thing every thing wears an aspect of desolation. this difference cannot exist underneath a non moving sun. the two hemispheres would at the same latitude have the same degree of light and heat and the same general phenomenon both in kind and degree .
the peculiarities which are found in the south as compared with the north re such that could exist upon a stationary plane having a northern center concentric with which is the path of the moving sun"".

William carpenter wrote "" every year the sun is as long south of the equator as he is north, and if he earth is not stretched out as it is but turned under as the Newtonian theory suggests ,it would suddenly set as intensive a share of the suns rays south as north. but the southern region in consequence of the fact stated far more extensive than the north region, the sun having to complete his journey round every 24hrs travels quicker as he goes further south from September to December and his influence has less time in which to accommodate at any given point. since then the facts could not be as they are if the earth was a globe it is proof that the earth is not a globe"".

this is the reason also for the phenomenon known as the midnight sun. the mid night sun happens in the arctic but not in antarctic. early explorers and even the Belgian geographical society have recorded seeing the midnight sun from 71°latitude onwards. the sun sets on may17th and is not seen above the horizon again until June 21st . this is what you would expect on a flat earth.

if the earth were a spinning ball globe revolving around the sun, the place such a phenomenon as the midnight sun could be seen would be at the poles. any other vantage point from 89° latitude downwards could never regardless of any tilt or inclination see the sun for 24hrs straight.
to see the sun for an entire revolution on a globe earth at a point other than the poles you would have to be looking through miles and miles of land and sea for part of the revolution any one below 89° parallel could never see the sun for 72hrs and 3days whole revolution straight because to do so you would assume to some how be seeing through the globe and looking at the sun on the other side.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Wakeupyall: 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
were did I say the sun is 2159 miles In diameter? Or 3000miles above the earth?.
What I said is that the sun is small and close, not 93million miles in space because you can clearly see clouds behind it. Are clouds in space?.

This is the path of the sun
And it goes away from your view due to perspective and takes it his light to another location. The sun is moving not the earth.

At the very least you are dealing with early child hood indocrination so it's difficult to overcome. The second issue is corruption for once flat Earth has set in your mind a while you begin to ponder the conspiracy. Out of 495 nations on Earth all of them are in cahoots with educating the world to a fake globe including African nations. What gives? How would so many people be involved in keeping up such a lie as ball Earth? There is a satanic seed running the world of nations. You are always going to face opposition and its due to corruption not just social conditioning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
Wakeupyall:

At the very least you are dealing with early child hood indocrination so it's difficult to overcome. The second issue is corruption for once flat Earth has set in your mind a while you begin to ponder the conspiracy. Out of 495 nations on Earth all of them are in cahoots with educating the world to a fake globe including African nations. What gives? How would so many people be involved in keeping up such a lie as ball Earth? There is a satanic seed running the world of nations. You are always going to face opposition and its due to corruption not just social conditioning.

it behooves me how people logically think and believe they live in a ball. The thing is, the flat earth map is on ridiculed when it is used by a flat earther but what people don't know is that the united states geological society is using the same map. And the united nations also have it in their flag.

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Wakeupyall: 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
it behooves me how people logically think and believe they live in a ball. The thing is, the flat earth map is on ridiculed when it is used by a flat earther but what people don't know is that the united states geological society is using the same map. And the united nations also have it in their flag.

Maybe it's not their brains I'm advising you yet their spirits.

If you keep trying to solve a problem using the same failed methods you're never going to solve it. First off the globe is being taught in class rooms everyday on Earth there is no way you can keep up. Also all the space movies and NASA lies are another obstacle. It is going take the removal of the satanic seed before any progress can be seen. Other wise it will remain small societies around the world who know the Earth is flat. Don't stop teaching and passing it on yet know this it is a satanic controlled Earth.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by DeOTR: 12:08am On Oct 20, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

Maybe you missed this part

""currently there exist an international treaty preventing all independent exploration of Antarctica, only approved guided tours exist which takes visitors to a few coastal regions but no independent exploration is allowed.
sailors like jarle andhoy have been caught attempting to explore Antarctica and threatened turned back at gun point, fined and jailed for violating the militarily enforced treaty.'""

And this one

"the British navy challenger recently completed the circuit of the southern region which took 3yrs,covering a total 69,000miles a stretch long enough to have her 6times around the globe earth model.
if the earth were a globe , then every line of latitude south of the equator will have to measure gradually smaller and smaller circumference the farther south it travels. in other words the circumference at 10° latitude south will comprise a small circle than at the equator. 20° latitude will comprise a circle smaller than10° and so on ..

but if the earth is flat the line of latitude south of the equator should measure gradually larger and larger circumference the farther south travelled. 10° south latitude will comprise large circle than the equator,20° will comprise larger than 10° and so on.
Also if the earth is a globe lines of longitude would bulge out at the equator while converging at the pole. but if the earth is flat lines of longitude would simply extend outwards straight from the north pole of which is actually the case."

"David warldlaw Scott wrote ,"" upon the principle taught by scripture and common observation that the world is not a planet but a consist of a vast land stretched out from the north and level seas , the north been the center of the system, it is evident the degrees of longitude would gradually increase in length the whole way from the north center to the icy barriers of the southern circumference .

in consequence of the difference between the actual extent of the longitude and that allowed for by he nautical authorities which difference at the latitude of the coast of good hope has been estimated to amount to a great number of miles . many ships and vessels have lost their reckoning and wrecked.
ship captains who have been taught the globular theory do not know how to account for their gaining of so much our of course in the south"".
I'm talking about 21st century expeditions, you're mentioning 19th century's account of some lost ships.
Has it been established lately that the circumference of anywhere below the equator is actually larger?
You have to fly or sail on a straight course to find that out.
It should not a rocket science to know the actual of the latitude at Cape Coast from end to end and compare with that of the equator.
I'm talking about an expedition dedicated solely for this, not a ship sailing from one port to the other.
Let me know when this has been done. I won't waste my time arguing other points like asking you to equinox and all (no reasonable flat earth answer for it yet).
I learned people actually believe the earth is flat because they thought that's what the Bible teaches. Well, they're certainly misguided. Nothing suggests that in the Bible.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Wakeupyall: 12:45am On Oct 20, 2019
People are going over nonsense information to determine the world is flat or round. grin

If the Earth is 25000 miles in circumference then that would equate to curvature every set determined amount of feet. There has been plenty of valid experiments proving no such curvature exists. What is 360 degrees is the sky.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2019
DeOTR:

I'm talking about 21st century expeditions, you're mentioning 19th century's account of some lost ships.
Has it been established lately that the circumference of anywhere below the equator is actually larger?
You have to fly or sail on a straight course to find that out.
It should not a rocket science to know the actual of the latitude at Cape Coast from end to end and compare with that of the equator.
I'm talking about an expedition dedicated solely for this, not a ship sailing from one port to the other.
Let me know when this has been done. I won't waste my time arguing other points like asking you to equinox and all (no reasonable flat earth answer for it yet).
I learned people actually believe the earth is flat because they thought that's what the Bible teaches. Well, they're certainly misguided. Nothing suggests that in the Bible.

what a funny man, your not serious. I gave accounts of some of the first people to have circumnavigated the world and you downplay it. So your telling me that the shape of the earth as experienced by these men have changed after the 19th century?. Or maybe you missed this part.

""the British navy challenger recently completed the circuit of the southern region which took 3yrs,covering a total 69,000miles a stretch long enough to have her 6times around the globe earth model.""

And in case you don't know, let me clear your ignorance.

people don't just believe in the flat earth because the bible said so, all religions and cultures believed the earth was flat before Copernicus pushed forth his theory. The five major religions had it in there text that the earth is a plane with a firmament or dome over it.
The flat earth map you see today was developed back in the year 1000AD by a Persian scientist known as al-biruni, it is known as the azimuthal equidistant map. This same flat earth map is used by the united states geologic survey (U. S. G. S) and the united nations. this same flat earth map is found in the white house situation room.
Brb

3 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
conspiracy theory? I bet you are not standing on a sperical object while typing this. Let me ask you, does it look like your standing on a ball right now? When you build a house why don't you design the floor to be sperical in shape. Let me stop here because I have is just too much.
lol ���

Do you think it’s like standing on a basket ball?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 20, 2019
SKhanmi:
My own opinion on all of these is, smoke doesn't exist without fire, You evaluate both sides, that means trying at least to investigate on your own the so called spurious claims(ignoring the obviously impossible ones)before reacting from your programmed subconscious.

Do you know the moon is not even native to our solar system & is deliberately stopped from rotating? An anomaly. And yes budatuum, there's a dark side.

This quote sums up NL religious section,especially with some popular monickers here. Reason I Hardly engage most.

"Swinging to one extreme & demanding,hard material proof for everything will limit your perspective,as will swinging to the other extreme by believing any fairy tale that comes along."

The middle ground is your intuition. Use it. There's always a chance what you know is false
you don’t get this. It is scientifically stupid to even consider a flat earth, it doesn’t work in any aspect of science.

Ranging from biology, physics to chemistry and even engineering, flat earth doesn’t even make any sense.

Relativity alone is enough to disprove flat earth, every astrological mathematics involved in launching of satelites, GPS and even in telescopy considers a globular earth, these things cannot work on a flat earth. Seasons are not even possible on a flat earth model

Flat earth theory is hilarious, stupid and totally laughable. It’s like giving a Nobel prize to a mad man who wants everyone to see thing from his own perspective.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2019
SKhanmi:
My own opinion on all of these is, smoke doesn't exist without fire, You evaluate both sides, that means trying at least to investigate on your own the so called spurious claims(ignoring the obviously impossible ones)before reacting from your programmed subconscious.

Do you know the moon is not even native to our solar system & is deliberately stopped from rotating? An anomaly. And yes budatuum, there's a dark side.

This quote sums up NL religious section,especially with some popular monickers here. Reason I Hardly engage most.

"Swinging to one extreme & demanding,hard material proof for everything will limit your perspective,as will swinging to the other extreme by believing any fairy tale that comes along."

The middle ground is your intuition. Use it. There's always a chance what you know is false
your mobile phone and internet can’t even work on a flat earth model.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
you don’t get this. It is scientifically stupid to even consider a flat earth, it doesn’t work in any aspect of science.

Ranging from biology, physics to chemistry and even engineering, flat earth doesn’t even make any sense.
angry angry "biology, physics to chemistry and even engineering" are all Freemasons lies to deceive and indoctrinate people! Those with clear understanding do not touch such poisons and those who have can easily be cured of their ignorance and stupidity by joining the Flat Earth Society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
budaatum:

angry angry "biology, physics to chemistry and even engineering" are all Freemasons lies to deceive and indoctrinate people! Those with clear understanding do not touch such poisons and those who have can easily be cured of their ignorance and stupidity by joining the Flat Earth Society.
lol
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by DeOTR: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

what a funny man, your not serious. I gave accounts of some of the first people to have circumnavigated the world and you downplay it. So your telling me that the shape of the earth as experienced by these men have changed after the 19th century?. Or maybe you missed this part.

""the British navy challenger recently completed the circuit of the southern region which took 3yrs,covering a total 69,000miles a stretch long enough to have her 6times around the globe earth model.""

people don't just believe in the flat earth because the bible said so, all religions and cultures believed the earth was flat before Copernicus pushed forth his theory. The five major religions had it in there text that the earth is a plane with a firmament or dome over it.
The flat earth map you see today was developed back in the year 1000AD by a Persian scientist known as al-biruni, it is known as the azimuthal equidistant map. This same flat earth map is used by the united states geologic survey (U. S. G. S) and the united nations. this same flat earth map is found in the white house situation room.
Brb
Stop calling people ignorant. To the best of my knowledge, you only know what you've been fed. Has anyone purposely sailed of fly any latitude South of the equator in recent times for you to conclude the circumference is larger than the equator?
You're still making reference to an 1822 voyage that has nothing to do with a dedicated trip to make the discovery. I searched and I found out that the ship in question was traveling in zigzag, not on a particular longitude. This is a quote I found about your claim
" February 11th, 1822, at noon, in latitude 65.53. S. our chronometers gave 44 miles more westing than the log in three days. On 22nd of April (1822), in latitude 54.16. S. our longitude by chronometers was 46.49, and by D.R. (dead reckoning)47°11´: On 2nd May (1822), at noon, in latitude 53.46. S., our longitude by chronometers was 59° 27´, and by D.R. 61° 6´. October 14th, in latitude 58.6, longitude by chronometers 62° 46´, by account 65° 24´. In latitude 59.7. S., longitude by chronometers was 63°28´, by account 66°42´. In latitude 61.49. S., longitude by chronometers was 61° 53´, by account 66° 38´."
It would be a miracle if he didn't get lost.
I also realized that the two worst places to sail are northern and southern latitudes. That means, the navigation problem is not peculiar to the southern seas.
...And please, the fact that some believe in flat earth because they believe that's what the Bible teaches is ridiculous. It's subject to interpretation and on careful scrutiny, it's not what the Bible implies.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Wakeupyall: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

Brb

The globe Earth is a recent phenomenon. Keep telling it like it is. People don't want to accept that they been lied too.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by krushdripper(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=EMILO2STAY post=83257647][/quote]Have you ever taken a flight? If you have, you won't be talking all this flat earth rubbish.. geez! where did you come from??

the moon is round, the sun is round, stars are round looking from afar and you expect the whole earth to be flat? c'mon

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by krushdripper(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
conspiracy theory? I bet you are not standing on a sperical object while typing this. Let me ask you, does it look like your standing on a ball right now? When you build a house why don't you design the floor to be sperical in shape. Let me stop here because I have is just too much.
Why talk like a daft? put an ant on a 50ft ball and it would have a lot of flat land to walk on

you are far, far less than the size of an ant on the whole earth.. geez !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by krushdripper(m): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
are you serious right now. A sphere remains a sphere no matter what is on it microscopic or atomic. Seems do not even understand the concept of the ball earth you believe in. If according to ball earth scientist ships disappearing over the horizon is evidence of a ball earth, then tell me why humans standing on the wouldn't know it if they are standing on a ball.

Tell me if you were to be reduced to microscopic size and were to be put standing under a ball, will you not notice that you are standing upside down? Such is the the case for people in australia, they would be walking this earth almost upside down if the earth was round.
I thought everyone that could at least speak had some brain working, you just proved me wrong.

3 Likes

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by Wakeupyall: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2019
krushdripper:
Have you ever taken a flight? If you have, you won't be talking all this flat earth rubbish.. geez! where did you come from??

the moon is round, the sun is round, stars are round looking from afar and you expect the whole earth to be flat? c'mon

Rubbish.

The Sun, Moon and Stars were created as lights on the roof of heaven. There is no deep dark space. The Earth represents the only physical plane of existence and all above represents the subtle planes of existence. This metaphysical view is apart of occult science all over the world and contraire to popular opinion it was astrology that gave birth to astronomy. Theological and philosophical views gave birth to science who uses rigid tests and observation to verify theoretical ideas that have their roots in the occult. The study of God is the end quest of all knowledge because God is the prime causation of everything in existence including man.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
krushdripper:
I thought everyone that could at least speak had some brain working, you just proved me wrong.
show me that you have a working brain by proving to me the earth is round.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply)

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time / Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.