Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? (37325 Views)

RE: My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex / Is It Proper To Ask Her Out Via Phone Call? / Is It Proper For A Lady To Give Her Number To Guys When She Has A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by AntiWailer: 5:04am On Oct 30, 2019
Yes

She can get dicked too.

Shey na by force to have girl friend if u cnt afford one for now ?
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Jflex07(m): 5:06am On Oct 30, 2019
Girlfriends these days are becoming a huge liability, especially the broke ones .My problem is that guys like the op are not smart at all, give him all the advise in the world he will still go back to the hoe who has nothing tangible to offer other than some wide hole in between her thighs.. I spit on your stupidity op

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Lugianostar(m): 5:14am On Oct 30, 2019
Not only financial help is she getting from him o! Something else join as what you don't see is bigger than what you notice

She is using you as a veritable tool to while away time as she is still emotionally attach to her past and from what i see you are not her future!!!

Wise up and do the needful.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Nobody: 5:22am On Oct 30, 2019
iamadonis2:

At the moment I can vouch diiiiiiick isn't in the value offering. Dude is outta town and will be so for a while. But when he returns....
grin grin Ghen ghen

On a serious note, without committing crimes, you need to grow your financial muscles to stop neocolonialism.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by ofonimi: 5:23am On Oct 30, 2019
It is not scriptural. It absolutely wrong.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by tunize(m): 5:24am On Oct 30, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Trust me on this, no babe is innocent, Just like in network security, They are all TROJAN HORSES (always having an axe to grind no matter how harmless and supportive they tend to seem).
Now this is why all these shiit should have been repelled from the onset of the relationship but you let lust and emotions play the most role, hence, you tolerated. You asked her out I assume, you invited her into your life, you are the host, its your game, hence, your rule!! Call it toxic masculinity.
fvck that!!

Now my advice is, I don't know who you are or how you run your game but you need to confront her on this, nigga you aint a wimp, are you? Her behaviour should keep you on your toes cos a girl like this is ready to rub minds even with your own enemies if she's got to gain from it. She is probably materialistic and parasitic, begging for alms repetitively is the number one symptom of a ho' cos its takes a humbly worthless heart to beg from an ex while in another relationship, IF I WERE THE EX, I'll bang her brains out in a reminder that you just won your heart a worthless LovePeddler. Let alone, from her ex, nigga this a slap on your face(whether you broke or not). I dont blame her though, you entertained this shii cos you are broke I guess!! but brokeness dont kill integrity you know?
You need to call her to order or dump her for your peace sake.

Now the problem is you can't dump her, you prolly love her to earth and bla bla blaa...When you are ready to dump, I might give you tips, if you need

Hmm doctor love
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by optimus106(m): 5:28am On Oct 30, 2019
IMO...its only a fool that can allow or tolerate such a thing...you can't take care of your girl friend Like seriously...are you a man at all The same way she is taking money she should be ready to pay in kind very soon...and when e go shele she won't tell you.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by tunize(m): 5:28am On Oct 30, 2019
iamadonis2:

I appreciate that you took time out to write this. God bless you. We've had the call-to-order talk severally, no change.

So u two have talked about it already and she still contacts the ex.....well, from experience oooh ehen bros as far as ur baby has refused to detach herself from her ex sorry bro % of the ex banging her or her looking for excuses to dump you las las tru one or two funi behaviour is 99.99% meaning sey e sure pass 100% self..(nvr can tell shall) ex and gift or cash most times nor dey clear. be wise and be mature in ur decision....i mean patience and watch.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Pitto: 5:29am On Oct 30, 2019
iamadonis2:
My Girlfriend still reaches out to her Ex Boyfriend for financial assistance. I admit it gets me really upset.

I want the best for her and want her to grow financially, but I feel help from an Ex is going too far and quite disrespectful.

Please advise, guys, is my anger justified and reasonable?
Bro, it is better to put an end to it or you ask the girl to go back to the guy. SEX will still be involved if you allow it to continue and she will always compare the two of you.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by RICHOLAC(m): 5:32am On Oct 30, 2019
Quality20:
guy dont make d mistake of not trusting ur girl since she isnt doing secretly, mistrust can push her into his arms just b matured and cool. nothing gonna happen bad to u or her
Seconded. My man see putting myself in your shoes, i undrstand perfectly how you feel, but then don't pack all the hush rush advise you are seeing here o, I advice you Iron out things with her as matured people, don't make her see that bit of insecurity in your body language, cause i feel you love her that you don't want to call it quit with her at the moment. Fact is you are the only one that knows her temperamental and emotional make-up, handle this maturedly to avoid the other side of the story_i wish you success.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Fallenhunter: 5:37am On Oct 30, 2019
Neither you nor the ex should be giving her money in an ideal world, tell her to go get a job. That being said her ex giving her money is not okay, you have the right to tell her to stop and if she leaves you, you didn't suffer any great loss.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by dannywest: 5:44am On Oct 30, 2019
Go and hustle.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Jakama90(m): 5:44am On Oct 30, 2019
You said your girlfriend and not your wife. What if you became her ex tomorrow?
Until you paid her bride price, you have no such right over her. You are just a friend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Born2Breed(f): 5:58am On Oct 30, 2019
iamadonis2:
My Girlfriend still reaches out to her Ex Boyfriend for financial assistance. I admit it gets me really upset.

I want the best for her and want her to grow financially, but I feel help from an Ex is going too far and quite disrespectful.

Put a stop to it now or you will be sharing her with her Ex when you eventually get married.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Bahddo(m): 6:04am On Oct 30, 2019
iamadonis2:

Bro, this shiiiiit messes with my mind. One said thing that happens is this: Most times when he gives her cash, I find myself competing unconsciously to double or triple the said sum.

It's a bad habit. And I cannot continue doing that to my pocket and mind
yup. Spot on! You are being manipulated by your woman.

She tells you about it because it would make you want to compete, to her advantage. It is also for this reason many ladies compare their guys to exes, it hurts his ego and he strives to 'win', thus sealing his fate as her slave.

Bro go and read 'The Manipulated Man' and set yourself free.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by fabienjoe: 6:04am On Oct 30, 2019
lyndaway:
What led to her asking her ex for assistance? bro there is something wrong with your relationship already but if you love her so much has you claim I advise that you stop it and try to met up to your responsibility

......And this 'responsibility' is paying her bills and providing her with cash whenever she needs it? Who configured the brains of Nigerian girls this way? Where else in the world do women see their boyfriends as cash machines?
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by manontree: 6:11am On Oct 30, 2019
Duggedised12:
The question here is have you really wrecked her chance to get a job because its her ex offering to help? you claim she is not your responsibility and you are only obligated to help her when its convenient for you , you claim she still collects money from her ex and you are angry about it? If you are not obligated to inconvenience yourself to help her but someone else feels obligated ,then why are you angry? I am sure if you were in the position of her ex you will never help,even now that you are even dating her you dont feel obligated to help her,maybe that is where the problem is, you cant wrap your head around why her ex will be helping her cos you cant do such.

Her ex is about to help her with a job and your busybody carried you to interfere. The one opportunity she has to be independent you have interrupted, let me even ask you how many many times have you directed her to a job opening or vacancy?,so now judge yourself undecided.

Anyway ,i am also of the opinion you end the relationship,all this back and forth is exhausting.

Funny comment

It's a No No for a responsible woman to seek financial or otherwise assistance from a former lover. It isnt right, doesn't sound right and doesn't appear right

Or is it cos they arent married? If they are, pray, how would it look on the husband that cos he doesn't have his wife would run to a former lover to get help??

The ex doesn't even have to sleep with her to make this all wrong. The very appearance of it makes it bad

It's not material if he isnt helping. A responsible woman should know the map to follow when seeking help. You do not go inside a lion's cage to seek for bones

I would advise the OP to support his woman as much as possible. It's always important to build your relationship and make the need for your woman to seek outside assistance as non existence as possible.

A woman that is making two men compete for her affection is truly not worth to be called one. Her affection is for a price and isnt even worth my mention. I am sure she has other sources of seeking employment help.

Finally OP, her level of disobedience is extra. I simply cannot imagine telling my woman that I feel passionate against an act and she goes right ahead to do it again. I dont know how it works with others but I dont involve myself with such characters with abundant negative energy

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Bahddo(m): 6:13am On Oct 30, 2019
lyndaway:
What led to her asking her ex for assistance? bro there is something wrong with your relationship already but if you love her so much has you claim I advise that you stop it and try to met up to your responsibility
which responsibility? Don't go and look for work, be expecting guys to give you free money because you are a woman.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by ThesailorR: 6:15am On Oct 30, 2019
iamadonis2:

If u ain't thinking of wifing her up or she doesn't hold that much place in your heart, just continue collecting ur bumpa share of that pussy cat. If that isn't the case my brother handle things fast.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Duggedised12(f): 6:24am On Oct 30, 2019
manontree:

Funny comment

It's a No No for a responsible woman to seek financial or otherwise assistance from a former lover. It isnt right, doesn't sound right and doesn't appear right

Or is it cos they arent married? If they are, pray, how would it look on the husband that cos he doesn't have his wife would run to a former lover to get help??

The ex doesn't even have to sleep with her to make this all wrong. The very appearance of it makes it bad

It's not material if he isnt helping. A responsible woman should know the map to follow when seeking help. You do not go inside a lion's cage to seek for bones

I would advise the OP to support his woman as much as possible. It's always important to build your relationship and make the need for your woman to seek outside assistance as non existence as possible.

A woman that is making two men compete for her affection is truly not worth to be called one. Her affection is for a price and isnt even worth my mention. I am sure she has other sources of seeking employment help.

Finally OP, her level of disobedience is extra. I simply cannot imagine telling my woman that I feel passionate against an act and she goes right ahead to do it again. I dont know how it works with others but I dont involve myself with such characters with abundant negative energy
Its a no no ,says who ? Who made the rules? I personally don't even have the contact of my exes, but then that is me ,but for the op to say he is not obligated to help her ,then there is a shift of balance here.Guys like this that cant even help their girlfriends na dem wan come help their ex? The op can never be half the man her ex is and that is a fact hence the reason he cant wrap his head around the situation. He is so stuck on "give me i give you" which many of the commenters are stuck on too that they don't even think there is a slight chance it might just be a harmless gesture. Many people here have ended their relationships badly that all they have are bitter exes that will watch them literally burn to ashes combined with the resident nairaland gender warlords so the comments don't come as a shock to me.

He who doesnt see a need why it should be done ,should not complain when others see a need to do it.

Now the lady is even using the connection to look for a job, but the busy body op who doesnt feel obligated to help her is interfering isn't that wickedness and wizardry?

Let him end the relationship, for both of their own good.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by chrismex(m): 6:30am On Oct 30, 2019
First of all you need to define your relationship, to what extent is the relationship going. Are you guys started planning the future together or you are still trying if it will work.

After asking yourself that question and answer it sincerely from your inner most heart, than this is my own suggestion.

1. If your answer is both of you are planning for the future you see yourself as couple, do things that will benfit you both, start planning on how to save for the future together , if this is how you see each other.
Call her to order, raise the issue of settling down with her atleast you both are into business. Like you said, Discuss this things with her. change her mindset, define the relationship more to her , let her know it's not just boyfriend girlfriend. with this, then watch her reaction you know her more than I do. With her reaction you know her stand. If she stands with you my brother try and do something on her head(dowery) and follow up the ex case seriously, even I believe if she stand for you after having this talk she will love you more and desist from her ex, .if stands against you be a man and leave that relationship.

2. If you know you are just dating and still under this quote "let's see where it will lead" my dear it shouldn't bother you that she ask her ex boyfriend for money, the same way you are not her father in trying to pay her bills is the same way you don't have authority over her, you are just dating if you feel you can't cope leave or enjoy the union while it last.

Don't also spend all you have just to please her save for your future the way she is asking her ex for help of a job, is the same way you should put securing your future to come as your priority.

This life sometimes we just bring things that should not be issues to weigh us down. when you understand life you always be happy with your soul

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Goldiano(m): 6:34am On Oct 30, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:

I don’t think he is going to sleep with her and I really doubt if there is anything serious going between them . He is only helping her out financially to cover up for the disappointment and heartbreaks he put her through and she is taking advantage of it. It will stop , don’t worry yourself ! Once the dude conscience is clear, he’d limit his help for her.
you are talking like a lady...
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Speedo17(m): 6:39am On Oct 30, 2019
I'm glad she is your girl friend and she remains at that. Now when you are ready to marry, just FLEE from her. Like some one said, what ever is bringing you two together pls use a protection, even for your "heart"
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by danot1030: 6:43am On Oct 30, 2019
iamadonis2:

Just know she will still be getting the third leg from her ex- boyfriend in-between her laps.
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Ohraybs(m): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Trust me on this, no babe is innocent, Just like in network security, They are all TROJAN HORSES (always having an axe to grind no matter how harmless and supportive they tend to seem).
Now this is why all these shiit should have been repelled from the onset of the relationship but you let lust and emotions play the most role, hence, you tolerated. You asked her out I assume, you invited her into your life, you are the host, its your game, hence, your rule!! Call it toxic masculinity.
fvck that!!

Now my advice is, I don't know who you are or how you run your game but you need to confront her on this, nigga you aint a wimp, are you? Her behaviour should keep you on your toes cos a girl like this is ready to rub minds even with your own enemies if she's got to gain from it. She is probably materialistic and parasitic, begging for alms repetitively is the number one symptom of a ho' cos its takes a humbly worthless heart to beg from an ex while in another relationship, IF I WERE THE EX, I'll bang her brains out in a reminder that you just won your heart a worthless LovePeddler. Let alone, from her ex, nigga this a slap on your face(whether you broke or not). I dont blame her though, you entertained this shii cos you are broke I guess!! but brokeness dont kill integrity you know?
You need to call her to order or dump her for your peace sake.

Now the problem is you can't dump her, you prolly love her to earth and bla bla blaa...When you are ready to dump, I might give you tips, if you need

You really talking sense here bro... I really love this talk.... Nice one
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Goldiano(m): 6:47am On Oct 30, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Yeye girls, i once had a girlfriend that used to pass night at her ex house with the excuse of going for MTH tutorials since her ex is a math teacher, got to know from their fb conversation, warned her to desist from such, still get to know she did it the second time and repeatedly, OP, your girlfriend will never change ,dump her before she give you heart attack.

If her ex isn't a math teacher ,wont she find another means to do tutorials for her to pass her exams.
that one is fucking the math teacher

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Mekanus(m): 6:52am On Oct 30, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't care- I don't like them too.
Hater

Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Goldiano(m): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2019
Ategberoson:
Op sometimes you need to be bossy, how can you allow that in the first place, I mean allowing yr gf to be talking to her ex not talk of collecting gift from him

don't you enjoy her pussy well that you want to be sharing with another man?

guys you see why is safe to date someone you met virgin, the stress of worrying about a biitch whom her legs open before 18yrs doesn't worth it
yes
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by Isoduwa(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2019
When Davido sing � say if you nor get money hide your face Una say he too talk

My brother my friend go and work harder nonsense go dey fear you

You don 4fuck up be wise we fail to plan
Re: Is It Proper That My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex? by themanderon: 7:03am On Oct 30, 2019
You are simply the side guy. When dude returns she will kick you to the dust.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Same Spot He Met Her 5years Ago / 3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / Here Are 6 Signs Your Ex Wants You Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.