Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? (38658 Views)

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Just End It.. Matured Advice Only / Ladies Your First Visit And You Saw Him Like This Will You Continue Or Quit? / Should I Marry Her Or Quit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Amiaraking(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Continue...
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by iammo(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by spiritedtete: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
No child of my will marry from a separated home no way!

(Widows and widoers excluded)

I am sorry i don't mean to throw stones to the innocent single parents ...

And my appology to the morally upright children of a single parent..

It is just what it is for me... I have lived far enough to know my left from my right....

To Op... on the flip side...... If female child grew with the dad... i think you are well secured...

But if a female child grew up with the mum... oboy you as the husband will be a suspect for life.. and hopefully she won't be quick to rob it on you that she is an independent woman.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by AmazingELixir: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Jewingle(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
This guy is not serious. Kwasia

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by jameschibuike(m): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Still give her time. It's not always OK to marry from a broken home. (my opinion)

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Toks2008(m): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I started a relationship with a lady in March this year and it's been going on well though she works in Lagos while I'm in the eastern part of the country.

When we were at the introductory part of the relationship, I asked about her family and she told me they are separated. I asked what's the reason for the separation and she said its due to irreconcilable differences and they separated when she was a toddler that it's her dad that raised her up tho she keeps contact occasionally with her mum.

She stays with her aunts in Lagos. I asked if she asked both parents to know why and she said she only asked her dad and he said he doesn't want her mum to be working class and she insisted to be One that he wants her to be a stay at home wife. I asked if she heard from her mum and she said no. She also said her aunts said same thing her dad said.

The reason really didn't go down well with me as it's too flimsy and I've told her to ask her mum and she keeps procrastinating or giving one excuse or the other. It beats my imagination how a grown up adult can't know with conviction why her parents separated or I guess the truth is being hidden.

I'm bringing this up here because my brother married from a separated home and it was war before my parents gave consent. If she can't give me concrete reason why the parents broke up which I'll present before my parents, I really don't know how the relationship can move forward because we detest divorce in our family.

Please I need your advice if I should continue or quit.

You are not ready for a relationship.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
You should stop digging in her family's history because you feel you need to satisfy your parents based on how they reacted to your brother.
Not everyone was fortunate enough to be raised in a happy family. It is not her fault she wasn't. How can you even be so insensitive?
Free this girl before your parents join you in haunting her with her past which she is not even responsible for.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by DTeekay(m): 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Drink some alcohol u will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by bravesoul247(m): 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mumu just plenty for this life. So we should tell you what to do with your happiness? I didn't even bother reading it cos una too mumu. Pussy ass niqqas

7 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
spiritedtete:
No child of my will marry from a separated home no way!

(Widows and widoers excluded)

I am sorry i don't mean to throw stones to the innocent single parents ...

And my appology to the morally upright children of a single parent..

It is just what it is for me... I have lived far enough to know my left from my right....

Your children may be the ones to be from a separated home eventually. You never know in life. Good luck!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Mutemenot(m): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
Op, you have the chances to findout from the family source. Get close to her origin, you 'll get all info...and be careful with separated homes, it doesn't always go well as their kids takes the same step easily..

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I started a relationship with a lady in March this year and it's been going on well though she works in Lagos while I'm in the eastern part of the country.

[/b]If she can't give me concrete reason why the parents broke up which I'll present before my parents, I really don't know how the relationship can move forward because we detest divorce in our family.[b]

Yen, Yen, Yen, Yen, Yen. Jargons!
FYI, children from broken homes makes the best spouses because they never want to put their kids through what they went through. They put in Double Extra effort to make their Marriage WORK!

16 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Thanks for your opinions.. I'm sorry I can't move ahead with such relationship until I know my woman and where she's coming from in totality. We may underrate this but it's very vital especially in my family. I can't take a one sided story and even if she pops up an answer tomorrow, I'll still do my background investigation. Before presenting her to my parents, they'll ask her same questions I'm asking her so to save the headache, it's better she does the needful.
you already know this and you came all the way here to talk rubbish. how old are you currently?

15 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Ategberoson(m): 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
I understand you Op but there are way of encouraging her to know why beside what different does it make if she told you, will the findings bring this two couples that have long part way together

you're only beating a dead horse. your family don't like someone from divorce home but is the girl a good girl, does have the qualities of a lady, have you examined her, my fear is the distance BTW u two won't allow you know deep things about her

for now, I stand with your parent but at the same time I'm confused what if the lady is living a neutral life out of her parent predicament

my point is her findings is irrelevant so far it won't bring her parents together

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by mistijude: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Thanks for your opinions.. I'm sorry I can't move ahead with such relationship until I know my woman and where she's coming from in totality. We may underrate this but it's very vital especially in my family. I can't take a one sided story and even if she pops up an answer tomorrow, I'll still do my background investigation. Before presenting her to my parents, they'll ask her same questions I'm asking her so to save the headache, it's better she does the needful.
All I see in you is pride.Even those whose parents are together,are some of them totally free from marital challenge.It is better you tell her to go on time,so that someone else will marry her.

14 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Skengman: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Why not just go ahead to do your background check instead of acting as if you’re doing the babe a favour in the relationship

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
mistijude:
All I see in you is pride.Even those whose parents are together,are some of them totally free from marital challenge.It is better you tell her to go on time,so that someone else will marry her.

Don't mind the yeye human. Just imagine the profiling.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Decolonel(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
It beats my imagination why you can't mind your business and focus on the relationship. When you are ready to marry her, then you can investigate further. I feel at this point you don't have any right to persuade her for a family secret. My minding your own business is a good business.. Selah

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by spiritedtete: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mindfulness:

Your children may be the ones to be from a separated home eventually. You never know in life. Good luck!

Ehehehehehehehe.... I very well understood this parable...

However i thank God i married right... infact i can still marry another and still keep in the same house and grow as one family... (it wont happen though). But if i eventually saperated... i will never marry again. Because i have once married my own wife.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
With all due respect grin , Op must be maddddd. she has given u a reason Oga if u are not satisfied leave her alone.....Anoda guy will accept her.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by dipson4u08(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:

When we were at the introductory part of the relationship, I asked about her family and she told me they are separated. I asked what's the reason for the separation and she said its due to irreconcilable differences and they separated when she was a toddler that it's her dad that raised her up tho she keeps contact occasionally with her mum.

She stays with her aunts in Lagos. I asked if she asked both parents to know why and she said she only asked her dad and he said he doesn't want her mum to be working class and she insisted to be One that he wants her to be a stay at home wife. I asked if she heard from her mum and she said no. She also said her aunts said same thing her dad said.

The reason really didn't go down well with me as it's too flimsy and I've told her to ask her mum and she keeps procrastinating or giving one excuse or the other. It beats my imagination how a grown up adult can't know with conviction why her parents separated or I guess the truth is being hidden.

I'm bringing this up here because my brother married from a separated home and it was war before my parents gave consent. If she can't give me concrete reason why the parents broke up which I'll present before my parents, I really don't know how the relationship can move forward because we detest divorce in our family.

It doesn't matter and as a matter of fact i know of a similar case that the chiildren are grown up now and didnt even bother to ask for the cause of the seperation most especially when both parent are bittered or shy away from such discussion. if u love her go ahead and give her assurance.... grin grin grin cool cool cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by 912(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dude you are not mature enough for marriage.

So the reason why her dad left her mum will determine if she is someone you can marry? Just listen to yourself.
You didn't even have a single instance of how she has offended you. All you want to know is why her dad left her mum. Are you alright at all

Why do you want her to open old family wounds?

If that girl has any brain in her head she should runaway from you and your family that seem to have holier than thou character.

So because she doesn't know why her dad left her mum she has turned into someone you can't be with?

She should be the one running from a judgemental family like yours. She should run before your family starts blaming her for every misfortune that befalls you

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Freethinker343(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Does it really matter ?! Why everything come turn War.�

If you can’t proceed, Shift man! Shey Na wetin suppose to Dey give you headache be this ?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Take it to God

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by CandidNotes: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:

Thank God! I will feel sorry for the girl if she ends up with someone with your mentality...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by emmysoftyou: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
midnighter:

It's not really a fúcked up mentality...you have to take somebody's family background into consideration when intending to marry, that's just the truth. Your upbringing has an effect on your behaviour and how you deal with issues.

At the same time it may be painful for her so he should still give her some time. And it's awkward to ask your parents such questions because they may feel you are being disrespectful

It's not his fault but then it's not her fault either. He should ease the pressure on her a bit if he really likes her because it's easy to tell somebody to "go and find out". What if the person doesn't want to tell her?

Parents are still human beings, a failed relationship is not something most people would like to talk about
what's there to discussed about failed relationship that didn't works well.
Bro , in an igboland , investigation and enquiries is very necessary to both parents of the couple, when my wife wanted to marry me, she asked all necessary questions including if I am OSU ? I laughed out loud cos I know I am not OSU. The family of my wife traveled to my village to do a background checkup..
Anyway, it's necessary cos a lot had happened.
Op should do a background checkup but have it in mind that sometimes history does not repeat itself..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Staircases(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
My brother, if she's loyal, marry her
Forget history

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by ainas247: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
What has parent separation got to do with her?
don't punish her for something she knows nothing about.

Thank you...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Juban(m): 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
You are not serious and not ready yet to marry. Are you marrying her parents? If you really love her, those are secondary. You can always make up something to tell your parents. I have almost similar case during my marriage 13years ago and I have never regretted it one bit. I love her and she loves me.
frankyskyboi:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Bbbwings: 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Na wa o
This op sha
The event might still be traumatic to her.
Let her be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Lugianostar(m): 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sometimes issues like that are not suppose to be asked at all as it has been the norm and it is better to leave it the way it this as no explanation from her will make any difference. She was raised by her Dad and she occasionally relate with her mum.

Determine what you wanted from the relationship and go ahead with your plans and not waiting for a nollywood story line that won't help you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Soldier's Pre Wedding Photoshoot / 21-Year-Old Kenyan Student & Her 54-Year-Old American Lover / It's Not Easy Picking One Woman To Settle With.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.