Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,620 members, 7,827,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? (38678 Views)

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Just End It.. Matured Advice Only / Ladies Your First Visit And You Saw Him Like This Will You Continue Or Quit? / Should I Marry Her Or Quit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by mechanics(m): 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2019
If you love her and you have studied her character well and you really know her, you have to discuss the issue with your parents so you won't have issues when you might have gone far in the relationship.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by needful: 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
So because she is from a broken home, she shouldnt divorce If in an abusive relationship abi?, well shaaa, my parents has been together for 40yrs, come and marry me but if u do anyhow, I will divorce u straight away, better to be single and live ur life to the fullest than die in an abusive marriage.
Silly bum

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by djon78(m): 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Acidosis:
Take the recommendations on the first page from immature boyfriends and girlfriends at your own peril.

Better move on with your life if she's not going to talk or act.

You would be a very stup!d person to marry someone you have little or no information about her background and family.

Marriage is not a joke. Don't open this kind of thread on romance section again.

This is the only meaningfully advice on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by djon78(m): 11:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Acidosis:

That's why you shouldn't take them and their words seriously. It is better to marry SATAN, than end up with bad in-laws. Take your time to know your in-laws and why they're separated.

Word

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Op... Marrying from a broken home is 85% disastrous trust me... Leave all those nonsense people are quoting... Love doesn't last forever...and it's easier for someone from a broken home to leave a marriage cos it not new to her or him ...

My brother made the same mistake and he is on the verge of breaking up the marriage...

When the real challenges show, that will b when ur eyes will c pepper... Then love will disappear into thin air... All those posting that u should give her a chance will not b there when it happens...

It's even easier for women marrying guys from broken homes that the other way round...

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by ceeceeuwa: 12:12am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Thanks for your opinions.. I'm sorry I can't move ahead with such relationship until I know my woman and where she's coming from in totality. We may underrate this but it's very vital especially in my family. I can't take a one sided story and even if she pops up an answer tomorrow, I'll still do my background investigation. Before presenting her to my parents, they'll ask her same questions I'm asking her so to save the headache, it's better she does the needful.
She has told you what she told...what else do you want to hear if you do want to do again beg leave the girl alone so she can have her peace!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Thanks for your opinions.. I'm sorry I can't move ahead with such relationship until I know my woman and where she's coming from in totality. We may underrate this but it's very vital especially in my family. I can't take a one sided story and even if she pops up an answer tomorrow, I'll still do my background investigation. Before presenting her to my parents, they'll ask her same questions I'm asking her so to save the headache, it's better she does the needful.

I think you have to see the movie Crazy Rich Asians.

She was never a part of whatever transpired then, don't hold it against her. Because by doing so, you focus on what had happened, rather than what is happening.

What has happened wasn't her fault, but what's happening is solely yours bro.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by awoluyi(m): 12:47am On Oct 31, 2019
Quitinue.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by calabardick(m): 3:09am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I started a relationship with a lady in March this year and it's been going on well though she works in Lagos while I'm in the eastern part of the country.

When we were at the introductory part of the relationship, I asked about her family and she told me they are separated. I asked what's the reason for the separation and she said its due to irreconcilable differences and they separated when she was a toddler that it's her dad that raised her up tho she keeps contact occasionally with her mum.

She stays with her aunts in Lagos. I asked if she asked both parents to know why and she said she only asked her dad and he said he doesn't want her mum to be working class and she insisted to be One that he wants her to be a stay at home wife. I asked if she heard from her mum and she said no. She also said her aunts said same thing her dad said.

The reason really didn't go down well with me as it's too flimsy and I've told her to ask her mum and she keeps procrastinating or giving one excuse or the other. It beats my imagination how a grown up adult can't know with conviction why her parents separated or I guess the truth is being hidden.

I'm bringing this up here because my brother married from a separated home and it was war before my parents gave consent. If she can't give me concrete reason why the parents broke up which I'll present before my parents, I really don't know how the relationship can move forward because we detest divorce in our family.

Please I need your advice if I should continue or quit.

Guy, if you're not convince with her cockk and bull story just quit, it's not by force. Majority of them are descendants of lie mohamed.
As for the bold part, you're on your own.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Wetin concern you with her parents divorce uncle might your business
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by johnwell(m): 5:25am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:

Before you embark on any journey with her, PLEASE do yourself good by investigating her, conduct a thorough background check. You have to dig deep into their marriages and life generally, from her grandparents, her uncles and aunts (from both paternal and maternal) so that you will not got yourself into any EVIL FAMILY PATTERN.

Few examples of evil family pattern
- marital failure
- Chronic sickness/diseases
- Poverty
- Sudden death
- Rising and falling
- Rejection
- Witchcraft

Hebrews 13:4-6 (KJV)
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Sir, you can never achieve a Honorable marriage with anyhow woman, NEVER.
she must be a woman with a Honorable foundation, Honorable past, Honorable character and a Honorable future. If she had many sexual partners, quit. There's no remedy here, the mystery of sex is deep.

Many Women don't know that any man that have sexual intercourse with them sows strange spiritual seeds in them, so imagine if she has slept with 10 men or more, what kinda children will come out of such a polluted and defiled womb? Apart from children, you the husband that sleeps with her will be polluted and defile as well. The marriage covenant doesn't destroy but it activates any pending covenant between both couples, that's why some get richer or poorer or die untimely after marriage.

Let me tell you one mystery of sex; do you know that one occult man can sleep with a woman and convert her womb to his incubator or warehouse irrespective of where he is? Or some use the glory of that womb which means the children that will come out of that kinda womb have lost their glory even before they were born? See this strange scripture below...

Genesis 49:25 (NKJ)
By the God of your father who will help you,
 And by the Almighty who will bless you
 With blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lies beneath, 
Blessings of the breasts and of the womb.

That means to every womb and breast God has attach blessings to them for her husband and children, but it's unfortunate that lots have lost it, they allow all manner of men to suck their breast and sleep with them. Where there's no blessing the opposite will be in abundance.

Psalm 11:3 (KJV)
If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Sir, is her foundation destroyed? You and I knows the answer.
You have to pray prayers of inquiry. I see many commenting out of the abundance of their ignorance, advising you to ignore your findings and proceed if you love her, my prayer for them is "May the Almighty God damage their ignorance".

Love is not a VISA to a successful marriage, you need more than love. Many marriages are suffering today because of faulty foundation, they ignored a lot of things because of love and now that love is far from them, the only thing such marriages have in abundance is ENDURANCE, LONG-SUFFERING, PERSEVERANCE, etc. may this not be your portion.

You have to pray the following prayers:

Jeremiah 33:3
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know

Daniel 2:22
He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, And light dwells with Him.

- O God my Father, by your mercy, show me the mystery of sister (mention her name) daughter of (mention the mom's name)
- My Father, what will my life/future be if I marry her?
- Holy Spirit, show me the true/spiritual identity of sister (mention her name)
- Will she bring subtraction, or addition, or a multiplication to my life? Father show me.

God will answer you through dreams, whatever you dream about her you can share with me then I will give you the interpretations.

The conclusion of the matter is;
- Marriage was made for enjoyment not endurance
- Those that miss it will always tell you that marriage is to be endured
- Avoid people that says "I need someone that will love me the way I am" (Romans 12:2 says; And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.) if there's no elements of change in he/she, quit.

God bless you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Jrevelation(m): 5:27am On Oct 31, 2019
LOL
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by appearworld: 5:55am On Oct 31, 2019
benzene00:
Go and smoke weed

It's better to give him the correct advice.

then come back and answer that question by yourself
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by zedman1(m): 6:05am On Oct 31, 2019
Saintbusco1:
you want to follow your brother by marrying from a separated home... its not a good idea bro + she can as well separate with you for irreconcilable differences
Kai, what is this bro?
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by calabardick(m): 6:16am On Oct 31, 2019
johnwell:

Before you embark on any journey with her, PLEASE do yourself good by investigating her, conduct a thorough background check. You have to dig deep into their marriages and life generally, from her grandparents, her uncles and aunts (from both paternal and maternal) so that you will not got yourself into any EVIL FAMILY PATTERN.

Few examples of evil family pattern
- marital failure
- Chronic sickness/diseases
- Poverty
- Sudden death
- Rising and falling
- Rejection
- Witchcraft

Hebrews 13:4-6 (KJV)
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Sir, you can never achieve a Honorable marriage with anyhow woman, NEVER.
she must be a woman with a Honorable foundation, Honorable past, Honorable character and a Honorable future. If she had many sexual partners, quit. There's no remedy here, the mystery of sex is deep.

Many Women don't know that any man that have sexual intercourse with them sows strange spiritual seeds in them, so imagine if she has slept with 10 men or more, what kinda children will come out of such a polluted and defiled womb? Apart from children, you the husband that sleeps with her will be polluted and defile as well. The marriage covenant doesn't destroy but it activates any pending covenant between both couples, that's why some get richer or poorer or die untimely after marriage.

Let me tell you one mystery of sex; do you know that one occult man can sleep with a woman and convert her womb to his incubator or warehouse irrespective of where he is? Or some use the glory of that womb which means the children that will come out of that kinda womb have lost their glory even before they were born? See this strange scripture below...

Genesis 49:25 (NKJ)
By the God of your father who will help you,
 And by the Almighty who will bless you
 With blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lies beneath, 
Blessings of the breasts and of the womb.

That means to every womb and breast God has attach blessings to them for her husband and children, but it's unfortunate that lots have lost it, they allow all manner of men to suck their breast and sleep with them. Where there's no blessing the opposite will be in abundance.

Psalm 11:3 (KJV)
If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Sir, is her foundation destroyed? You and I knows the answer.
You have to pray prayers of inquiry. I see many commenting out of the abundance of their ignorance, advising you to ignore your findings and proceed if you love her, my prayer for them is "May the Almighty God damage their ignorance".

Love is not a VISA to a successful marriage, you need more than love. Many marriages are suffering today because of faulty foundation, they ignored a lot of things because of love and now that love is far from them, the only thing such marriages have in abundance is ENDURANCE, LONG-SUFFERING, PERSEVERANCE, etc. may this not be your portion.

You have to pray the following prayers:

Jeremiah 33:3
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know

Daniel 2:22
He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, And light dwells with Him.

- O God my Father, by your mercy, show me the mystery of sister (mention her name) daughter of (mention the mom's name)
- My Father, what will my life/future be if I marry her?
- Holy Spirit, show me the true/spiritual identity of sister (mention her name)
- Will she bring subtraction, or addition, or a multiplication to my life? Father show me.

God will answer you through dreams, whatever you dream about her you can share with me then I will give you the interpretations.

The conclusion of the matter is;
- Marriage was made for enjoyment not endurance
- Those that miss it will always tell you that marriage is to be endured
- Avoid people that says "I need someone that will love me the way I am" (Romans 12:2 says; And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.) if there's no elements of change in he/she, quit.

God bless you!

Ow, iyami, etubom anyem aya owot owo.

I've never seen this kind on nairaland before, do we have this kinda people here?
This is deep.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by calabardick(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Well, once again, I appreciate your opinion. The fact is that I love her very much. So even if she had told me infidelity caused the parent's separation, I would still go ahead at least for being honest. It's the Igbo tradition to do necessary enquiries before marrying your spouse and I respect it. So all those saying be mature,you don't love her and you're not ready bla bla bla.. you're entitled to your opinion. If something comes up later in the marriage and i bring it up, the same hypocrites would still ask me why didn't I investigate well before marriage and start giving me yeye marriage counseling. Thank you all. Criticism is highly welcome

Don't mind those hypocrites, follow the due process.
I can't imagine what people are commenting, no wonder divorce is so alarming. I support you, go ahead bro, do your findings to avoid stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by calabardick(m): 6:20am On Oct 31, 2019
Acidosis:

That's why you shouldn't take them and their words seriously. It is better to marry SATAN, than end up with bad in-laws. Take your time to know your in-laws and why they're separated.

Your comment sounds like joke, but it carries facts

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by calabardick(m): 6:23am On Oct 31, 2019
NerdyNedu:

I think you have to see the movie Crazy Rich Asians.

She was never a part of whatever transpired then, don't hold it against her. Because by doing so, you focus on what had happened, rather than what is happening.

What has happened wasn't her fault, but what's happening is solely yours bro.

Do you live life based on movie?
Kai!

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by friendl: 6:35am On Oct 31, 2019
You sef your own dey your body ,which one consign you with your girlfriend 's parents, na she cause the separation ?if you leave her ,a guy better than you will marry her ,....rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by decibelz95: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2019
I suggest you listen to the advice of married folks with years of experience.
If you both are really good friends and find happiness with each other, u shouldn’t find it difficult believing her, and your family opinions would be secondary.
It’s your happiness & hers as well, you can’t rub the mistake of her parents on her.
She might as well need to see more seriousness from you before unveiling her entire secret to you bro. Believe me, women secret no dy finish even years after marriage likewise men.

Doubts/confusion happens wen contemplating marriage but don’t let it overwhelm u.
Else you’d keep seeing reasons not to settle with any woman.

Be prayerful and beg God to let you see things his own way not the African way/family expectations.

You ve the final decision, ensure the reason is reasonable and worthful.

I stand to be corrected!

All the best!
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:30am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I started a relationship with a lady in March this year and it's been going on well though she works in Lagos while I'm in the eastern part of the country.

When we were at the introductory part of the relationship, I asked about her family and she told me they are separated. I asked what's the reason for the separation and she said its due to irreconcilable differences and they separated when she was a toddler that it's her dad that raised her up tho she keeps contact occasionally with her mum.

She stays with her aunts in Lagos. I asked if she asked both parents to know why and she said she only asked her dad and he said he doesn't want her mum to be working class and she insisted to be One that he wants her to be a stay at home wife. I asked if she heard from her mum and she said no. She also said her aunts said same thing her dad said.

The reason really didn't go down well with me as it's too flimsy and I've told her to ask her mum and she keeps procrastinating or giving one excuse or the other. It beats my imagination how a grown up adult can't know with conviction why her parents separated or I guess the truth is being hidden.

I'm bringing this up here because my brother married from a separated home and it was war before my parents gave consent. If she can't give me concrete reason why the parents broke up which I'll present before my parents, I really don't know how the relationship can move forward because we detest divorce in our family.

if you are expecting advice from these 1-9 years old talking trash here,then u are gone
Well ,invite the girl,make her comfortable, entice her,surprise her whatever way u can,make her relax,go out of ya way to please her,along the mood( bed precisely)frown she will ask you ,what is bordering u,resist a little then tell her,why u need to know about her parents, from her reaction you will know the truth,make sure she tells u or hours from
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Elliot2(m): 7:50am On Oct 31, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You do not love her, simple.
Love is not foolishness,my dear. Bleep love sef! At op,make sure you are convinced before u go another step. Blind love will not save your relationship when it hits the rock. Only the truth can.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by alexmakaay(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:

Boy, go and hustle.. you never reach to marry
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Elliot2(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2019
AryaSand:

Yen, Yen, Yen, Yen, Yen. Jargons!
FYI, children from broken homes makes the best spouses because they never want to put their kids through what they went through. They put in Double Extra effort to make their Marriage WORK!
Rubbish talk.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Elliot2(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2019
Bahddo:
How do you immature people even even convince yourselves that you are ready for marriage? You can't even look at issues objectively and reach an independent decision.

So if you marry a lady whose parents aren't separated, it guarantees that your own marriage wouldn't end in divorce?
A sensible man will still ask how the parents managed to stay together,in order to see her orientation. Na una go still blame the op if tomorrow wahala happen,why him no ask questions before marrying. Tueh! Na follow follow dey worry una for this nairaland. Cos once the first comment drop, una don run with am.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by MrSly(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:

The only decisive man with balls I have seen on NL. Every family hás its values. Stick to it. That's all. You have taken a good decision.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Elano25(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2019
RedCreme21:
It doesnt mean history would repeat itself. The issue might be personal for her (i was raise by my mum alone. Although she's a widow, i hate talking about my past, too many bitter memories). Might be the same with her. Or its as she said. If she's a good girl, dont hesitate to marry her. All that 'children raised by single parents are bad' rubbish aint true. Infact we grow up with more determination not to make the same mistakes as our parents. Thats why we excel wink
From that your last statement, let me help you to finish the line... Here by making another mistake parent didn't make!
Bitter but truth.... Let the girl tell him what really went wrong , it doesn't count . I'm sure no matter the reason(s) is/are , I'm sure it won't stop him from loving and marrying if actually he want to.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Ogegod87: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2019
OP, if you intend to marry her, then accompany her to meet her mum. Let her introduce you to her as her fiance. Get to know her (be a son, call her mum, pay her visits occasionally, win her over), and then who knows, she (her mum) may end up telling you what happened exactly. But i advice you, don't rush things and don't be too forward o, because she has to trust you enough to be able to tell you anything and you have to be very patient too.

She has told you what she knows already, don't pester her any further. She didn't grow up with her mum and definitely not close to her reason she is finding it very difficult to ask her what went down with her dad.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Tayor23(m): 10:30am On Oct 31, 2019
The guy must be a very difficult person to deal with...If he eventually marry the girl, the girl don enter problem

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Bahddo(m): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2019
Elliot2:
A sensible man will still ask how the parents managed to stay together,in order to see her orientation. Na una go still blame the op if tomorrow wahala happen,why him no ask questions before marrying. Tueh! Na follow follow dey worry una for this nairaland. Cos once the first comment drop, una don run with am.
no one is saying he shouldn't ask. However, he has gotten an answer which is not good enough for him (her father must be lying) because he cannot explain that to his parents. It's not even about him, but his need for his parents to approve his every decision, like he's a toddler.

So if his parents didn't oppose his brother's choice, he wouldn't care about her family past? It was never because he needed to know; it's about passing the parental interview. He fears disapproval. He craves validation.

If you cannot objectively weigh issues and reach decisions without unnecessary external influence, you aren't ready for marriage. Issues would come after even marrying a girl with the 'perfect' family. What then? Run to his parents every time? Find out how her parents handled something similar so he'd know what to blame?

He's immature, and if you can't see that, it's probably because you aren't much different.

NB: it's also pretty stupid to think that you can define a person simply by looking at the parents. Even some identical twins (same sperm cell and egg) raised under the same roof by the same parents turn out very different.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by lordthree(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2019
frankyskyboi:

You obviously need a reason to end the relationship because this write up here is pretty stupid.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Teerach: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2019
I'm from a broken home. Like the girl, I can't give you concrete reasons why my parents separated. It's like taking sides when I may not be sure of the real truth. Like someone said, why don't you invite her parents and have a chat with them yourself. Moreover, you can't use someone else's past to judge another person. It's like she's paying for her parents sins. Lastly, if you have doubts, please back out. Stop using your parents choice or no choice as an excuse. Anyone still considering people's opinion in their own personal life isn't ready to live. Stop living for people. Live for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / Please Write An Open Letter To Your Ex / Please My Fellow Nairalanders, Be Our Guest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.