Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating (60142 Views)

My Problem With Valentine's Day Celebration In Nigeria / My Problem With Nigeria Girls / [KingZaddy] Advanced Relationship and Dating Drills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
Navalsadiq:
your not a serious person.young girls of these generation they will never learn.if your mother had adopted would she have had u
there are many children needing a parents's love and guidance to be better members of society

What is wrong with adoption?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by DonroxyII: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
healthserve:

The Op has deeper psychological issues bro. Don't bother. Nothing here or counsel from here would easily work. Some problems cuts deep into psychological, spiritual levels, not to forget deep flawed logic that leads people on a self-assuned path of safety till it cost them more than they realize. This isn't someone you can influence easily as they'll see themselves as hardly wrong, and yes not open to make needful corrections to lead a happy life!

Trust me I know this one. This is purely a psychological issues with the possibility of deeper spiritual background issues and then the obvious " habit " issues, habits that has been applied for so long that has formed the basis of how they apply themselves to life, hence they won't see their actions as wrongs cause over time it has evolved into their embelmic-actions
She doesn't have any psychological problem brother ..... she just have a taste and a desire .... The problem is our taste is the bane of our delays in life and if we settle for less, we may be sad till eternity .... you will always know that there is something out there that you deserve not this one in here and that is how marriage collapse !!!

@Harlequeen, no be so grin !!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Austineva(m): 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
The thing is that you have raised a standard for yourself. Perhaps, if you're patient enough, he'll come around. I'm in same shoes as you. Infact, I have one that has been disturbing me of marriage but he's just not my type. He knows he's not and has confronted me citing not being up to what I want but I refused to state the major reason why I won't accept to date or marry him 'cause I don't want him feeling less. I just believe that with time, things will fall in pleasant places.
women! When will u guys learn? Every girl wants already made guys. No girl wants an ambitious and a hard working guy who has not made d physical money and that's y many of u ends up marrying d terrible guy cos he has d physical cash. Hmm all that glitters are always not gold. No matter how rich I will ever be I will always act like d average guy wen searching for d girl to marry. That's d only way to find d true love of my life cos every girl wants d rich guy. Then, what will be d fate of d man wen d money finishes. Hmm that's y every man suppose be wise

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
Seun:

I commend you for knowing what you want. Now you need to know what what you want wants.Talk to happily married men who fall into the category you're looking for and ask them what attracted them to their wives. Cultivate those qualities and then you'll be able to attract such men.
thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by anonimi: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
Seun:
I commend you for knowing what you want. Now you need to know what what you want wants. Talk to happily married men who fall into the category you're looking for and ask them what attracted them to their wives. Cultivate those qualities and then you'll be able to attract such men.

Original wisdom from the master himself cheesy grin
Well said.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by ednut1(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
pocohantas:

Do they have something for me? cheesy
They are always asking of me, yet no show.

i no sabi for them o
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by SarkinYarki: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
ojun50:
Last last you will end up marrying the wrong person.

That one is sure

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by pinson(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hi OP:

My little advice.

Always pick a guy that is RESPONSIBLE and not the one with SWAG.

Life happens, you are not going to be Hot for life.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Navalsadiq(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
there are many children needing a parents's love and guidance to be better members of society

there is absolutely nothing wrong with adoption.but change your paradym and humble your self the right man will come.i can understand your still coming up.when you get to your late twenties you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by degamemaster(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
ojun50:
Last last you will end up marrying the wrong person.

Don't mind the girl. This is what happens when a girl sets high standard for men and not knowing that she just set herself up for failure. Let her continue until she clocks 40yrs and still single. Maybe Shiloh will help her out by then. Stupid standard and buhari's false integrity.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by DonroxyII: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

@bold
Many of them are blockheads that dont listen, that's how they get married and retard_ their family's progress with their lazy and stubborn natures.

I know one like that, an old family friend, he' very jobless but will remain inside house 24/7 waiting for his wife to hustle and bring money because he knows she won't let her kids starve. When they married he was doing uber work before his car got stolen and since then the guy packed up and refused to be useful to himself. If the woman tries to convince him to start up something he gets angry and starts frowning face as if she is disturbing him.

Housework he no dey do, money he no dey bring, he doesn't even go job hunting.
Just waiting for woman to feed him everyday.
Na that kain man woman go poison out of frustration people will start saying she is very wicked.
I really laughed so hard ... grin ... U Nairalandees will not kee person !! Poison ke, she will poison father to her children ni ... !!!
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by jclassiq(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
The thing is that you have raised a standard for yourself. Perhaps, if you're patient enough, he'll come around. I'm in same shoes as you. Infact, I have one that has been disturbing me of marriage but he's just not my type. He knows he's not and has confronted me citing not being up to what I want but I refused to state the major reason why I won't accept to date or marry him 'cause I don't want him feeling less. I just believe that with time, things will fall in pleasant places.
Yea, but the thing about time is that it doesn't wait for anyone. Now I'm not suggesting you lower your standard or anything. But if the man you are looking for doesn't come, will you be willing to live out your life as a single person? This is the question that needs to be asked.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Simjos(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
At OP following your post and replies, I think I understand you a bit. Lemme guess undecided you either studied sociology or philosophy, better still psychology

You believe that you are well read and nobody can tell you otherwise. Ma'am, I don't think you came here to seek for advise rather you are here just to mark attendance because you had already figured out what you want to do with your life.

Dm me on IG for your processed woods @timberjungle
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by anonimi: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:

Abi o.
Thanks for asking better question joor. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by francesawesome(f): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
I opened this account because my main one is pretty popular.

I've had this issue and don't know what's wrong.
I can't seem to get into a new relationship. I am now 25, about serving, working a normal job

My dating history is not too rich. I dated just one guy for 2 years, i became sexually active with him, we enjoyed each other, but things didn't work out. I tried to be better, have moved on, and he has too. This was mid last year. I have been celibate since then not because i don't like sex, but because i had time to think, i read a lot of books, listened to a lot of relationship counselors on YouTube, reddit, Nairaland and so on. I decided to approach dating differently, with my head and not my heart . i would vet men out who were not in line with some basic standards, to avoid fuckboys and meet high quality men. He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs(no i don't have daddy issues, i just like mature guys because i think like a mature person) he could also have plans to leave the country, because i plan to do that also.

Here's the issue, the men that express interest in me do not fit this criteria. They seem to have no plan for their lives. I get this impression that they are broke, they recycle the same lines all the time, i usually see their bull sh1t tactics a mile away. some are in the army(i can't date men in the armed forces, they lifestyle is not what i want for myself, cannot date doctors either for the same reason)others are artisans, some are plain hustlers who just do whatever to eat. I have a soft spot for ambitious men, and i have not seen a lot in the area that i am in. I have been advised by my friends to try highbrow areas like lekki or VI or go to church, but i don't believe in religion.

But whenever i see these men, i am not attracted to them. I have even tried online dating with some male nairalanders, but i get disinterested easily. I get turned off when someone asks for my normal pics, it is quite frustrating. There's that fear that some of these men could use my pics to masturbate or one other creepy purpose. I block them if they ask for nudes. But the issue is, it is quite exhausting to keep chatting with someone without seeing them in person and some of these guys just want to smash and run which i won't allow. No man will have access to my vagina and womb without investment and commitment. Eventually it becomes hard to keep up communication and we just fizzle out like that.

I am not under pressure to marry from my parents, infact my dad says he won't allow his daughters marry until they clock 28 and i am the first. He wants us to have a career and a life before moving with a man. I just want to know if what i am doing is right?

To be honest, i just want some words of advice and encouragement, you can ask me questions if you want. This approach of mine? Is it the right thing? Am i being too smart for my own good? Am i afraid of commitment?
you should try and reduce your ideal man

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by degamemaster(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

Continue setting standard until you clock 40yrs. If you're asked to state in all honesty, what you have to offer the man or bring to the table of marriage, won't it be the usual your overused and slacked pussy and empty brains and useless body curves? Anything else?
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by TemmyT002(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
Wow! Real mature! Oya, clap for yourself.

It is not a curse or abuse
Those who want too much usually get the wrong things.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by TemmyT002(m): 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2019
Just be alone
You don't need anyone
Do you really need any man?
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by anonimi: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2019
jclassiq:
Yea, but the thing about time is that it doesn't wait for anyone. Now I'm not suggesting you lower your standard or anything. But if the man you are looking for doesn't come, will you be willing to live out your life as a single person? This is the question that needs to be asked.

Is there anything wrong with living life as a single person?
Are there not many accomplished people whose legacies live beyond them who were single and childless

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by anonimi: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
degamemaster:
Continue setting standard until you clock 40yrs. If you're asked to state in all honesty, what you have to offer the man or bring to the table of marriage, won't it be the usual your overused and slacked pussy and empty brains and useless body curves? Anything else?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3504410_internet_jpeg8efe841e125b21f5a740dc528a146d09

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by mechanics(m): 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
being sexually active was not the mistake. Being with a man who lacked drive, who always had one excuse or the other. Who will still be sleeping by 10 am while i had gone to school or work. whose words and actions never matched, who was in a hurry to marry me and get me pregnant, but was clearly not ready to start a family , wasn't ready to wait for me. Till the extent that he got another girl pregnant. that was my mistake.
hmmmnm, but you know premarital sex is wrong?

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
I'm very average in looks, but full of self esteem. Some nairalanders even think i am ugly,but they are entitled to their opinion and poor taste.
you must be funminastic

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by AlphaStyles(m): 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
Tsolutionifede:
don't worry, I will talk to her to consider you and manage whatever standard u have
joker
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by TiglathPILESER: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
You quite are well read and defined in your relationship prospect. I share similar yearnings, I have few private questions for you. Would you mind?
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by onoja12: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
My dear you are a modern woman.entitled and lost.you have a long list of wants men must offer you,while having nothing to offer them in return.no worry your dad is not in a hurry now after 35 years you go know how far.

Harlequeen:
I opened this account because my main one is pretty popular.

I've had this issue and don't know what's wrong.
I can't seem to get into a new relationship. I am now 25, about serving, working a normal job

My dating history is not too rich. I dated just one guy for 2 years, i became sexually active with him, we enjoyed each other, but things didn't work out. I tried to be better, have moved on, and he has too. This was mid last year. I have been celibate since then not because i don't like sex, but because i had time to think, i read a lot of books, listened to a lot of relationship counselors on YouTube, reddit, Nairaland and so on. I decided to approach dating differently, with my head and not my heart . i would vet men out who were not in line with some basic standards, to avoid fuckboys and meet high quality men. He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs(no i don't have daddy issues, i just like mature guys because i think like a mature person) he could also have plans to leave the country, because i plan to do that also.

Here's the issue, the men that express interest in me do not fit this criteria. They seem to have no plan for their lives. I get this impression that they are broke, they recycle the same lines all the time, i usually see their bull sh1t tactics a mile away. some are in the army(i can't date men in the armed forces, they lifestyle is not what i want for myself, cannot date doctors either for the same reason)others are artisans, some are plain hustlers who just do whatever to eat. I have a soft spot for ambitious men, and i have not seen a lot in the area that i am in. I have been advised by my friends to try highbrow areas like lekki or VI or go to church, but i don't believe in religion.

But whenever i see these men, i am not attracted to them. I have even tried online dating with some male nairalanders, but i get disinterested easily. I get turned off when someone asks for my normal pics, it is quite frustrating. There's that fear that some of these men could use my pics to masturbate or one other creepy purpose. I block them if they ask for nudes. But the issue is, it is quite exhausting to keep chatting with someone without seeing them in person and some of these guys just want to smash and run which i won't allow. No man will have access to my vagina and womb without investment and commitment. Eventually it becomes hard to keep up communication and we just fizzle out like that.

I am not under pressure to marry from my parents, infact my dad says he won't allow his daughters marry until they clock 28 and i am the first. He wants us to have a career and a life before moving with a man. I just want to know if what i am doing is right?

To be honest, i just want some words of advice and encouragement, you can ask me questions if you want. This approach of mine? Is it the right thing? Am i being too smart for my own good? Am i afraid of commitment?

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by mindthing: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
@Harlequeen I am not surprised at your take, because we sadly now live in an era where the things most men look for in a woman are typically empty, shallow attributes lacking in any substantive cerebral value. You obviously are not an airhead so you might come across as a handful to a majority of males.

You, however, also need to understand that the few real men left around will have their own specifications too, calling into question what the woman has to offer as well... and I am not talking looks or sex (those are pretty much default). It is more about what things matter to her, what non-physical attributes she's got and what her value system looks like. Things like:
Can she hold a good, engaging conversation?
Does she have money of your own?
Does she make quality input to discussions requiring us to employ some strategy in approaching certain matters?
Can she keep a secret and hold confidences in trust?
Can she watch my six?

Just by your submission and the tone of your essay though, it seems that you are widely read and you write well. You come across as cerebral even though you sound like you could get pretty touchy sometimes. I think I'd enjoy getting to know you... not necessarily in a romantic sense (even though I definitely am not averse to this).

Send me an email at mindthing@gmail.com if you think I sound like I'm worth checking out. We can either nurture things from there or kill it without mercy if the product is not viable.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Wroxxane: 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
She shouldn't drop the mentality of listing credentials oh! People marry for selfish reasons even though they will tell you they love you unconditionally. grin The woman you married, you married her for selfish reasons. At least, she didn't collect a Kobo from you while dating. That was selfishness on your part.

How do you people advise people to drop standards? Anything doesn't go. Not all men with the dick are worth a relationship, not to talk of marriage.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by jclassiq(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
anonimi:

Is there anything wrong with living life as a single person?
Are there not many accomplished people whose legacies live beyond them who were single and childless

I never said anywhere in my comment that there is something wrong with being single. As a matter of fact, being single affords you the opportunity to truly live out your potentials cos you have zero worries. But most people are not comfortable with the loneliness. Thats why I asked the poster if she can do it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by DonroxyII: 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
pcguru1:

I get what you mean, this is what I think works , since you want someone with common interest, I will advice you to stop using online dating chats, I dont like being an hypocrite , the type of conversations I have there align with the current intention I have at heart which is sexual in nature. If you want to meet reasonable people you have more chances within communities that is centred around tangible things. What I mean is, join a group be it literature, something mind stimulating, you will be able to relate more and see people and how they interact in a proper manner. The same guys on NL here that talk nonsense might actually be reasonable people, so tldr spent more time meeting people in person than online. I hope this works. Also you lost me with the masturbation part or maybe you're being paranoid, there's tons of masturbatory materials online with categories. So I doubt anyone would masturbate with your pix.
Trust her ooo, people can do that aswear !! .... Boys dey misbehave nowadays ooo .... faking things fakery life !!
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by degamemaster(m): 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
Beosten:
What you have to understand is that if you see someone with these credentials, he must have used and dumped a lot of women before you met him. I grew up with a very poor grandfather, and still, I had two girls who were ready to be mine right from secondary school days. Another two women in the university fought each other to a standstill just to have me because they thought I have good future. I married none of the four. I spent 80% of salary from my first big job on a girl by paying her school fees. She ended up leaving me. I married someone who didn't collect Kobo from me before marriage, and I had no job when I married her. Today, I have 3 sources of income.

My advice for you is that you should drop this mentality of listing credentials upandan. If you can, believe God to help in this aspect; not by becoming a church goer, but by chasing righteousness.

God bless you up and down. You and I are in the same circle. A girl tore my shirt on the road just because she noticed that i attended another girl's matriculation at Abia Poly so she became jealous and she to fight to keep me. Did she succeed? No. We parted ways after some time . The one I attended her matric was a virgin then till she finished her OND and we did it, did that stop her from doing it with other people? NO. I met another one whom I paid almost 80 percent of her school fees at Oko Poly, she wanted me by all means because she and others believed that I have a great future and also my kind heart is another thing that makes them "loved" me. Where are all of them, gone. I left the country and have met a couple of women, both whites and blacks. But finally, I'm in love with a beautiful nice nd God fearing African Queen who has never asked me for a cent or set any standard for me. All she want is for me to love God more nd work harder.
You see, what I briefed you here and your own experiences are some of the major reasons our girls are losing us to their foreign counterparts and they will be complaining and praying for God's miracle while in actual fact, they're the ones chasing away their supposed husbands.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Emma1Oj(m): 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Sha don't wait for your type and taste or shld I even say class until you get to 35,36,37 to 40 by then you will be desperate and settle for anything. use your brain o.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by DonroxyII: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
uscofield:

No woman would say ill about herself.
Here are some guides:

I met this lady when i was squatting with my pal (just after NYSC), had no job, no money and no house of my own in the new state of abode. Managed to get a teaching job and same day of the job, my things were thrown out of the house by my pal.
My plans was to marry a girl from a rich home, with good education and well spoken, but what can i do when i don't have a job. Had so many of the girls around but none looked inward to see what i could become tomorrow.
They girl I met (waec holder with incomplete result) picked me up with her little cash, paid for a room for me and asked me to start life from there at no refund for the rent.
I asked the girl to enroll for waec which she did and passed. same year, she gained admission into the higher institution. Two months into the classroom, i got a job. I supported the girl financially and ensured she got the better part of her education.
Two years later, It was time to settle down, i met some of the girls (they are not aware of my present status) for marriage, they declined my proposal with flimsy excuses.
Most of the girls are not married till date. The one i craved dearly for died few months after her wedding (God saved me from her).
I called the girl that gave me shelter when i had non, asked for her hand and she accepted.
Five years in marriage and still counting, I am wonderfully blessed. Blessed with my own property, a car, two wonderful boys, professional certs., and now nursing the dream of leaving this country.

This is a true life story. Completely true.

Here is the advise:
She wasn't my class, not in my league, not from rich home but i saw some qualities in her that can keep you going. I moulded her into what i wanted (a graduate, a mother, and a working class).
No one prays for less in life but God is the ultimate planner of our lives.
You can't see all you deserve in a man but you can make the man what you want. Men are soft and easily yield to the desires of their partners when they get the needed support from her.
Make sure you have the right attitude to hold a man (no turn monitoring spirit when he is away).
Give someone a chance because you can't truly know what a man is made of until you have his heart and vise versa.
Remain nice to others even if you don't have interest in them, they can be your guests during events. They can also change their lives just because of your attitude towards them.
Remain focused on your dreams.
Poor man today can/may never be poor tomorrow.
"Hand to mouth"guys today can become CEOs of tomorrow.

I wish you the best.
How come no one react to this beautiful piece that thought me a lesson of a lifetime !!.... Oga, I don copy am save am inside my telegram ..... I go remember am when I wan marry !! .... I will pay u later for d piece ok !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

"I Slept With My Boss To Give My Boyfriend A Job" / He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / Share Your BREAK-UP Experience Here For Others To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.