Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50170 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mechanics(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Having much children does not matter, what matters is the ability to train them effectively, therefore if one is not buoyant enough, he or she can make do with a child or two children, just like you have said, but for me am going for three children.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by KevinDein: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
Saltybear:

Exactly

I always say it, the poor are the problem of Nigeria

Can't you see one dolt there typing he wants four kids?

If you check he lives an absolutely gut wrenching mediocre life and is totally satisfied with it and has no qualms about bringing kids to suffer

Anyways my.joy is when war starts these children of the poor will be drafted as child solders for revel groups

No, bro, that shouldn't be a source of joy. These kids are just victims of the foolery of their dumb parents.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by 123ABCXYZ(m): 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
Dumb northern goat

abdulizom:
This matter is simple:

If you like born half, I will born more than that inshAllah my strength can carry.

When I'm struggling training 2 engineers, 3 lawyers, 4 accountants, 5 political scientists at ABU, UI or OAU

You can continue with your lawyer in Cambridge, he will come back to be a consultant or bloody civil servant under the Ministry any of my sons is heading.

Arrant nonsense!!!

12 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
permit:
that God someone is already validating my claims here grin grin maybe we should just allow the Southerners breed in peace shocked shocked

Southerners shouldn’t breed indiscriminately. Southerners should plan & be ready for the coming invasion. By plan, I mean have the number of kids you can take care of & prepare them like the state of Israel prepares its citizens for war at anytime with its hostile neighbors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Amanda4life: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
I already have 5, I'm going for number 6 child
Its just what I desire please.
God will see me through.
I'm training them to be Independent. And am training them well.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Bbbwings: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
ememonl:

Bro, don't work by sight, work by faith. I come from a family of 7 kids. We went through the toughest of times because my God fearing popsi will not compromise his faith to practice corruption. In the end what we gained most is character, humility, discipline and a fierce fighting spirit. No single sense of entitlement.

Today our last born is in a private university. Our first is a bank manager, second is a doctor in law lecturing in a prestigious university in Melbourn, I have just established a multi million naira factory, my younger ones are starting up real good.

Believe me when I say Nigeria is better now than before. I still remember during Abacha era when my family will have absolutely nothing to eat some days despite both my parents being senior civil servants. My popsi stayed beck at home on two occasions because no TP to get to work. People actually fed from trash cans back then.

Like I said don't work by sight. Work by faith. I know this because when I look at my popsi now am just happy for him. We are still coming up and he is already balling. Remember children are the blessing of God.
Are you planning on having 7 kids?
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
mechanics:
Having much children does not matter, what matters is the ability to train them effectively.

It takes much more than money, food & shelter to adequately cater for the emotional, spiritual & material needs of a well rounded kid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nonsense post
Give birth to two children,na ur wahala be that
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by tfelicityk(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Are you referring to The Nation - Nigeria or Nigerians? When you are entitled to your own opinions.

Besides, The Nation - Nigeria constitute of Nigerians which includes you and me... We postulated laws, rules and regulations but we disobey those laws whenever we are at fault...

Back to your questions - there is no laws that say average Nigerians should minimize their bath rates... Even the Have not don't give concern about birth control... So who is to be blame?
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:
I already have 5, I'm going for number 6 child
Its just what I desire please.
God will see me through.
I'm training them to be Independent. And am training them well.

Haba!

Suicide
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by beejay85: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

My dear friend ,the challenge here is not in limiting yourself to two children ..it is challenging yourself to be self independent enough to cater for your family irrespective of how large...Ask any elder, Nigeria as a country has always been challenging irrespective of d time..
When cement was N2 per bag...those who built houses did,and others didn't...now that it's 2600 naira per bag... people are still improving houses and those who ll still cry times are hard will still cry(I won't be one)...
So it's not abt d no of kids ,it's about our ability to give Dem d very best

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
mechanics:
Having much children does not matter, what matters is the ability to train them effectively, therefore if one is not buoyant enough, he or she can make do with a child or two children, just like you have said, but for me am going for three children.

Good for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
OgunLaakaye:

Haba!

Suicide

Ogunlaaakaye......the APC minion.

I thought you would like to have plenty children since you are Sai Baba zombie who abhors success & think all successful people are corrupt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Bbbwings: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Psoul:

You spoke according to the level of practical experience you have.
Just be a little patient till you get married and and be in the game full time and we shall see how this you "outside the pitch rule" will hold.

In as much as u wanted to make sense by ur post due to the economic situations in this country, but don't beat ur chest that you will do better than those already in marriage when you are yet to enter the game.

Even the family planning you are talking of now, by the time u get married and its advantages and disadvantages are bn spelt out to u, you will even get confused to either go ahead or not. What is the woman that it is her body that the whole thing will be inserted or any other adopted method is reluctant to accept it?
What if in-between the 5yrs u want to wait for next baby and ur wife gets pregnant, will u abort the baby?

Have you heard of courtship.
You iron these things out before getting married

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Monotica670: 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
see below
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Toneyo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
AkeNathan:

Thank you very much please

I can't die before my time in the name of overbearing responsibilities associated with having more than 3 kids.

After I had 3 kids I did family planing. Now, I have 5 kids. Family planning failed me twice.

I could have floushed them but no, I cant abort my own blood.

Things are not that easy for me, but I dont mind putting on rags to give my kids the best. They are all I've got.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by DexterousOne(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
razible5384:
weird mindset of this nature is what is caging this country in economical crossroads

Frye
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mechanics(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

It takes much more than money, food & shelter to adequately cater for the emotional, spiritual & material needs of a well rounded kid.
still saying the same thing, training does not only involve what you have said, both spiritually, mentally, socially, educationally, etc should also be considered in training children.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by CorporateJay(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cheeryfeet:

Chaiiii, Don't go there o, Abraham had MANY children, before and after Isaac. Isaac was the child of PROMISE hence his significance. Read your Bible well, when Abraham died, the Bible said Ishmael, Isaac and Abraham's sons came to bury him

What sort of unintelligent statement is this... Abraham Had many children so you to should have...

If you go by the Bible facts.. Abraham lived more than 5000 years ago... There was land and everything else to support those children.. The competition for resources was not this tough, how many people were existing on earth then.

apart from availability of resources to everyone then..Even the Bible said he was a very wealthy man with lots of gold... A rich man is allowed to have as much children as he wants to.. If he can provide the necessary support for them... But a poor person Should stick to one or two and not create problems for the society

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mechanics(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Good for you.
Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Ogunlaaakaye......the APC minion.

I thought you would like to have plenty children since you are Sai Baba zombie who abhors success & think all successful people are corrupt?

How dare you insult my Honourable and impeccable character?

You further went so low to insult His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

But I wont join you in that mud.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by gregyboy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

Visit delta state and see it has a norms there

An urohobo woman in edo died recently giving birth to 8 child she died after delivery because she lost too much blood tge husband didnt have money to buy her blood she died in the process the eldest of her children is in his teen....
Shit is really happening and we need to keep pushing it news like this to people since the government wont help

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Alhamdu09(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
For those of you(males)that are in your early twenties,If you want to have more than four children , here is the formula
1. Marry at 25. But before marriage make sure you can provide food for 3 people abundantly oooh
2. Before you clock 30, produce 2children, cater for the children well
3. From age 31-39 Keep hustling to gather plenty, make numerous investment.
4. produce another two children between age 40-45 (that is if you have gathered and invested alot and it's yielding dividend) then take rest for five years
5. Produce another two children between 50 and 55 ( by then your first two songs must have been independent, even if they are not contributing anything to the house)

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ikorodureporta: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
if you have 2, & malaria come take one away, wetin you go do?!
I must born not less than 4. If suffer comes, we suffer together. That's what I've been thru
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Preetychina22(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
ememonl:

Bro, don't work by sight, work by faith. I come from a family of 7 kids. We went through the toughest of times because my God fearing popsi will not compromise his faith to practice corruption. In the end what we gained most is character, humility, discipline and a fierce fighting spirit. No single sense of entitlement.

Today our last born is in a private university. Our first is a bank manager, second is a doctor in law lecturing in a prestigious university in Melbourn, I have just established a multi million naira factory, my younger ones are starting up real good.

Believe me when I say Nigeria is better now than before. I still remember during Abacha era when my family will have absolutely nothing to eat some days despite both my parents being senior civil servants. My popsi stayed beck at home on two occasions because no TP to get to work. People actually fed from trash cans back then.

Like I said don't work by sight. Work by faith. I know this because when I look at my popsi now am just happy for him. We are still coming up and he is already balling. [s]Remember children are the blessing of God[/s].

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
beejay85:

My dear friend ,the challenge here is not in limiting yourself to two children ..it is challenging yourself to be self independent enough to cater for your family irrespective of how large...Ask any elder, Nigeria as a country has always been challenging irrespective of d time..
When cement was N2 per bag...those who built houses did,and others didn't...now that it's 2600 naira per bag... people are still improving houses and those who ll still cry times are hard will still cry(I won't be one)...
So it's not abt d no of kids ,it's about our ability to give Dem d very best

I think I understand you but I operating based on a set of beliefs that guide me & they tilt more western than African. It’s this thought pattern that God will take care of things that has led Nigeria to be the poverty capital of the world. And you, with all due respect, confuse yourself when you say Nigeria has always been tough because the current condition of Nigeria goes beyond the economic issues & goes to the very foundation of the country, where the northern part of the country has launched a jihadist civil war against the south & wish to wipe out 100 million Christians. I am sure you would agree with me that this is not a nation where you would want to bring more than 2 children into? Your approach to this problem should be guided by what you want for yourself & unborn children.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:
I don't see myself having less than 5 children.

The bible says we should be fruitful I beg

5! shocked shocked shocked

Kukuma just take sniper and end it
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Westernlove: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

And you think some of us want to be Nigerians for ever? What’s my business with Nigeria? The North can have the shithole to themselves. The sane ones will eventually emigrate out of Nigeria with their families.

Stop wasting your limited precious time quoting Fooools

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Fash20: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
Omo bro.... Me go get like 12 children ooo.

Insult me how you want i don't care.... tongue tongue
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
ikorodureporta:
if you have 2, & malaria come take one away, wetin you go do?!

I must born not less than 4.
If suffer comes, we suffer together.
That's what I've been thru

How will malaria claim one of your children if you’ve not been careless with their welfare? And please don’t wish suffering on your family.

Iya kin se omi obe.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Psoul(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

You might not have seen my earlier messages, I am very open to abortion. I won’t allow any moral doctrine or emotional blackmail to lead me into more poverty in a country like Nigeria. You still don’t get it. It’s not the many Children that really scares me, it’s the country Nigeria that scares me. The more perpetuate/immerse yourself here by having many kids, the more difficult it will be to get out at short notice. It’s only by the grace of God that Nigeria is not at war yet. With the passing of every single day, the possibility of war with a large population of northern terrorists becomes grimmer.

You still failed to excite me with ur argument.
If ur argument for having only a child is based on unforeseen war and the tendency of easy escape, then you are not making any sense to me. Ppl with a kid can die with their one kid in a warring nation, same as ppl with more than one kid.

If you are not worried about economy, then you can have more than one or as many as u want, since poverty and economy is not a factor of consideration, then take them to a more peaceful country.

So like I said earlier, wait till u get married and take these your decisions in the real filed of the game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday / My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.