Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50050 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
fatymore:

It depends on your choice. Some are wealthy and likes a full house while some are struggling and would prefer 2 with lot of spacing.

Sometimes it isn't even about the money

The stress is usually when they are still young but believe me when they start working and of age, and they start calling you iya professionals and your children are doing well, you will be fulfilled and happy and forget all the stress.

Either 2 or 6 may God give us the strength to take care of them and reap from our work

I like a full house, so I am going for 3 at least and four at most.

But hubby says 2 tongue
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
Alvin212:
The higher population is the only strength North have got over other regions.
This they know too well, that's why they keep popping out kids every now and then.
It gives them a noticeable edge during the election.

Sooner or later, Nigeria will be liberated from their strangle hold & they will be worse than chad. Just watch out. Make God no kill us.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by CorporateJay(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
Vivikema:
I know a couple with one child and is still struggling with 3 square meals....please remove poverty out of it

Okay...as they cant eat 3 square meals.. Now... They should now add 3 pickin join unto say nah God do do pickin

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by SimonRose(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
For me.., the most painful part of this discussion is that.... If you go to some Churches, the way Pastors keeps praying for " Fruits of the Womb" for church members. mennnnnnn fear they catch me ooooh shocked shocked grin

As they don't know that Nigeria is already overpopulated with children on the street and our men keeps banging up and down....!!! grin

May God help us all in this zoogeria called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by etzmiezbee(f): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
2, max 3 and its under maybe.

Am owk with 2kids

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by grandstar(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.

If he wasn't born, it wouldn't matter as he won't even know. Nigerians population would have been much bigger if some Nigerians didn't stop at 2 and others at 4.

2 is best and 3 max.

I'm a Jehovah Witness and many well educated amongst us in my congregation stopped at 2. Others at 1.

uninspired07

12 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by teepain: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

The issue is not even having many children, but having them in a failed country like naija, which makes it harder to evacuate them in a crisis situation or when the country descends into a civil war. I talk like this because I am very observant & I pay attention to the political happenings in Nigeria & I know the country is on a very precarious state & will not get better any time soon.

Refer to my emphasis. Nigeria is failed partly because of irresponsible parenting. In the 60s and prior to the 90s, parents gave birth indiscriminately expecting the state to care for the children via free education, free health care service. While they were giving births indiscriminately, they were consuming their resources and that of their future generations.

They destroyed all institutions without thinking of how to bake a larger cake.

U.S and other developed countries are the way they are because their citizens have learnt to be responsible; they give birth to the number of children they can care for inspite of the several social support available to the poor in those communities.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
culf:
this is Africa, aside that, personally I luv children and I will have more than 2 by God's grace.

If one plan well, you can still have more than 2kids and still take good care of them.

I pray you never have more than 2

Nigeria is facing a population crisis we don't need more stupid people around

Nonsense

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
TheOtherRoom:
I bet the OP isn't even married to have asked this question..
When you start having kids, you realise life is about caring for others and not only you

You’re right. I am single & when I marry, I will care intensely for the small nuclear family I have. I know how much it took to educate me in a moderate manner, let alone how much it will cost giving my kids the best in this very competitive contemporary world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by CorporateJay(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
akanbiaa:
I have seen an Okada Man with 3 wives and 16 children,although he also farms she but small scale.

And so how is his life... Do you envy him and want to be like him

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Cheeryfeet: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
franchasng:
Abraham had only one son Isaacs and he was still fruitful. You don't need to give birth to 100 children to be fruitful, one child can make you proud if you train him or her well
Chaiiii, Don't go there o, Abraham had MANY children, before and after Isaac. Isaac was the child of PROMISE hence his significance. Read your Bible well, when Abraham died, the Bible said Ishmael, Isaac and Abraham's sons came to bury him
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

If God wan bless you when your time reach make your wife get belle born sextuplets at a time, may be you go chase her comot abi you go run away grin
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by boninho: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2019
For a man who just barely feeds himself and his wife, his John Thomas has no right to rise

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by RealEzee(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2019
i want 4 sef, abeg e no good to have 1 without siblings to play and grow with ooo, house go make sense for them
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2019
grandstar:

If he wasn't born, it wouldn't matter as he won't even know. Nigerians population would have been much bigger if some Nigerians didn't stop at 2 and others at 4.

2 is best and 3 max.

I'm a Jehovah Witness and many well educated amongst us in my congregation stopped at 2. Others at 1.

uninspired07

The average in my own family is 1 kid & most of them live abroad anyways. I don’t know there average Nigerians who don’t have money to flee Nigeria have the guts to have more than 2 children with the instability the illiteracy northern poor is wrecking on Nigeria. People no dey fear?

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Psoul(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

You spoke according to the level of practical experience you have.
Just be a little patient till you get married and and be in the game full time and we shall see how this you "outside the pitch rule" will hold.

In as much as u wanted to make sense by ur post due to the economic situations in this country, but don't beat ur chest that you will do better than those already in marriage when you are yet to enter the game.

Even the family planning you are talking of now, by the time u get married and its advantages and disadvantages are bn spelt out to u, you will even get confused to either go ahead or not. What is the woman that it is her body that the whole thing will be inserted or any other adopted method is reluctant to accept it?
What if in-between the 5yrs u want to wait for next baby and ur wife gets pregnant, will u abort the baby?

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ctleurocollege: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
I've told my chic if we marry & she takes in after two, I will divorce her

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by 123ABCXYZ(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
do you think having 2kids keeps you away from the harsh economy? Or do you thinks its everyone with many kids that's poor? Me I just can't takeb2 children. Call me whatever you like. Its my life and my decision

Like I said as for me ooo either maximum or minimum its 4kids.

When you know how to play your cards well. You will understand my own point

This one is just dumb

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by kevoh(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
Alvin212:
The higher population is the only strength North have got over other regions.
This they know too well, that's why they keep popping out kids every now and then.
It gives them a noticeable edge during the election.
It is only a handful of Northern political leaders that will still remain rich even if the Northern population have the numbers to win every election in Nigeria till eternity. The rest of them with their 4 wives and 25 almajiri children will continue to remain in poverty. They should keep popping out those kids. Hunger does not respect anyone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Mac2016(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

How do you know that I am not among the 1st two children of my parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor. And they are not afraid of poverty do they hug it with gusto by having many children they can’t cater for.

NB: 10 Childern? That’s fantastic. I am sure your pops was doing fine back in the days to have been able to shoulder the responsibility.

No confusion here.. We all know every Nigerian is an independent nation by supplying and providing every little thing to their family members without expecting a dime from the government even as he/she pays taxes.

So no need for this topic.. For the reasonable ones, born what you can cater..

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by abdulizom(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
This matter is simple:

If you like born half, I will born more than that inshAllah my strength can carry.

When I'm struggling training 2 engineers, 3 lawyers, 4 accountants, 5 political scientists at ABU, UI or OAU

You can continue with your lawyer in Cambridge, he will come back to be a consultant or bloody civil servant under the Ministry any of my sons is heading.

Arrant nonsense!!!
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
Freshprince91:

If God wan bless you when your time reach make your wife get belle born sextuplets at a time, may be you go chase her comot abi you go run away grin

If I see from a scan that they are septuplets, I will order an early term abortion. It’s a very simple mater my brother. I can’t stress myself with too many Children. Me & wife will enter ourselves better with fewer children.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
abdulizom:
This matter is simple:

If you like born half, I will born more that inshAllah my strength can carry.

When I'm struggling training 2 engineers, 3 lawyers, 4 accountants, 5 political scientists in ABU, UI or OAU

You can continue with your lawyer in Cambridge, he will come back to be a consultant or bloody civil servant under the Ministry any of my sons is heading.

Arrant nonsense!!!

You’re a Muslim so you don’t have any standing to even contribute to the discussion because it goes against your very being.

Good luck to you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by permit(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

The North can keep populating the earth with children, they will eventually inherit a Somali like nation filled with instability & war. Na dem sabo.
that's why no matter how hard you try to plan your family, someone far from the north, what ever he does with his wife's will keep on ruining all of your efforts... We're not even close to China and you're crying tongue
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by emerged01(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
As young as I am,I have only two boys and I don’t wish anymore. I don’t even want to think of buying baby food and diaper. When you see your wife changing 3 to 4 diapers in a day and telling you that our baby need different kind of baby food,rice,maize,soya,banana,potato flavour e.t.c I go tell am say...,”but food na food,wetin concern flavor for this mattergrin

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
No wonder the south has no political value...a northerner will give birth to 8 while a southerner will be considering 3...do the maths on the long run...Islamization will take it's effect whether you like it or not angry angry angry

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by permit(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

You’re a Muslim so you don’t have any standing to even contribute to the discussion because it goes against your very being.

Good luck to you.
that God someone is already validating my claims here grin grin maybe we should just allow the Southerners breed in peace shocked shocked
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
My brother, I am also wondering.

I only desire 2-3 kids.

Thank you very much please

I can't die before my time in the name of overbearing responsibilities associated with having more than 3 kids.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Vivikema: 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
CorporateJay:

Okay...as they cant eat 3 square meals.. Now... They should now add 3 pickin join unto say nah God do do pickin
All what I'm saying is that its not always about poverty
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by CorporateJay(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
Abagworo:

The harsh words some of you use on Nigeria amazes me.. There's room for all class of people to have as much children as they wish and take care of them.

This is a very dumb statement... Do you know that someone having children he cant take care of has repercussions on the society...... A wretched man who can't take care of himself.. Decides to have 10 children.. Saying they are gifts from. GOD.. He sends them to a school with poor facilities and faculties... Meanwhile the children are starving.. The little the school is offering, they can't even comprehend.. Because while they should be listening, they are being bitten by hunger.. Also instead of having support at home to augment their training in school.. They go back to an abusive atmosphere of wants and lack... They eventually leave school with virtually nothing upstairs... No skills and nothing whatsoever..with no hope of attending a university or acquiring skills that matter... Then usually the male ones... Take up violent crime to survive... Then they come. To rob and kill.. You see how the cycle begin from home and end in the society?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
That one no vex me at all. The one way vex me pass be say they will see me and tease me"madam this your boy suppose don get younger one o" and evening time they will come and be begging me for cup of rice.
One was telling me that why will I go for family planning if I am not cheating on my husband.
Nigerians women especially need reorientation
I don't understand, how does family planning mean cheating?

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Psoul:

You spoke according to the level of practical experience you have.
Just be a little patient till you get married and and be in the game full time and we shall see how this you "outside the pitch rule" will hold.

In as much as u wanted to make sense by ur post due to the economic situations in this country, but don't beat ur chest that you will do better than those already in marriage when you are yet to enter the game.

Even the family planning you are talking of now, by the time u get married and its advantages and disadvantages are bn spelt out to u, you will even get confused to either go ahead or not. What is the woman that it is her body that the whole thing will be inserted or any other adopted method is reluctant to accept it?
What if in-between the 5yrs u want to wait for next baby and ur wife gets pregnant, will u abort the baby?

You might not have seen my earlier messages, I am very open to abortion. I won’t allow any moral doctrine or emotional blackmail to lead me into more poverty in a country like Nigeria. You still don’t get it. It’s not the many Children that really scares me, it’s the country Nigeria that scares me. The more perpetuate/immerse yourself here by having many kids, the more difficult it will be to get out at short notice. It’s only by the grace of God that Nigeria is not at war yet. With the passing of every single day, the possibility of war with a large population of northern terrorists becomes grimmer.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Ameena Hassana Sani And Hadiza Hussaina Sani: Twins With Same Fingerprint / Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism / My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.