Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (49998 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Vivikema: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
I know a couple with one child and is still struggling with 3 square meals....please remove poverty out of it

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Amos1423(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
fieryy:
People should be giving birth to kids they are capable of taking care of.
And by 'taking care', I do not only mean being financially capable, but also being able to be emotionally there for them.

And condoms should be free grin
You are right on point, Most of Nigerian parents don't even prioritize a child emotions while raising them and most of this children grow up hating them because of the stir of negatives emotions they've had since birth.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

They are mostly the poor & uneducated ones. But I see some enlightened Nigerians too having many Children ooo. They are fearless & committed Nigerians then.
No they have lost hope and choose poverty

They care not for the kids and if war starts now they will abandon their family and run

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
VANITY

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Iamsane: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

Single and Depressed pele. Please don't get married. it is worse than u can imagine.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by franchasng: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cheeryfeet:
Oga it's different strokes for different folks. It all depends on which side you are looking from, either the glass is half empty or half full; Perception. One guy said" it's because of you kids that I'm poor" another said " it's because of you kids that I'm wealthy". Besides God said be fruitful, multiply and replenish. It all depends on your capacity bro not on the economy, inside this economy we are complaining, people are still hitting it big time. But then again it still our choice to make
Abraham had only one son Isaacs and he was still fruitful. You don't need to give birth to 100 children to be fruitful, one child can make you proud if you train him or her well

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by kevoh(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
I'm going to blame this one on religion in Nigeria. That is how one mumu Nairalander with the name j.esus.jnr came here and was preaching that the use of condom by married couples is a sin undecided . Sadly, such ignorant opinions do make frontpage. Many Christians will believe such crap as long as you can cherry-pick one or two Bible verses to support such opinion, which is part of the reasons people keep reproducing like rats. I asked him if he was married and he kept dodging. If you are not married with kids, you might not understand how tough it is even for those with good jobs to raise just two kids. I have even read right here on this forum where some people were asking, "what is the business of married people with condoms?" You would not understand, when you see that increment in school fees by September, body go tell you make you buy packs of condom put for house. grin grin

A colleague/friend of mine after three kids secretly went to do a vasectomy without informing his wife. I applaud his courage as e no easy at all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Blueelf: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:
I don't see myself having less than 5 children.

The bible says we should be fruitful I beg

I hope you understand that the "be fruitful" is not talking about having kids like puppies but about winning lost souls for the kingdom of God.

Please go back and read your bible and this time with understanding

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
do you think having 2kids keeps you away from the harsh economy? Or do you thinks its everyone with many kids that's poor? Me I just can't takeb2 children. Call me whatever you like. Its my life and my decision

Like I said as for me ooo either maximum or minimum its 4kids.

When you know how to play your cards well. You will understand my own point

Again you are talking rubbish and clearly lacked quality education

What is playing your cards well?

My.heart bleeds for the woman who made the mistake of marrying you

9 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by swazpedro(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

If only you know that number of children doesn't matter, the future is not yours to decide... Instance you give birth to 2 after training then, as University undergraduate one is mobbed and killed, your wife has reached menopause, how will you handled this instance... In burna's voice, God won't give you more than you can handle, if you like born 1,if you like born 12 pikin wey go great go great, parent wey go happy go happy

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:
If you are into farming you will not be afraid to have plenty children.

How many people are into farming these days? And if you really want to partake in viable Agricultural, you can apply for loans to buy tractors & machinery to undertake the venture. Why should you fill an overpopulated country with no future with more kids?

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by akanbiaa(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

I have seen an Okada Man with 3 wives and 16 children,although he also farms she but small scale.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
those poor parents with children everywhere like rats opted for it unknowingly it was ignorance at it peak.

In this information age, I have been enlightened.

but thanks man

You need to be castrated

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by xcelentattitude(m): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
@uninspired07

This is a simple case of you being uninspired

What the hell in the name of the apostles is the meaning of this thread?

Two children For what na?

Do you even know the child that will bring greatness into your home?

Have you ever heard of David in the bible?

Lemme even bring it home. Do you know that Muhammadu Buhari is the 23rd child of his father? What if the pop had stopped on the 2nd child. Have you ever heard about any of the other 22 children? But you have heard of Buhari, even though sometimes it's for the wrong reasons grin

Am I now saying people should give birth to 20 children? The answer is NO!
My point is that, people have the right to give birth to whatever amount of kids they can take of with no questions asked. It could be 5, 6, 4, 2, 1 or even ½, it's no ones business until it becomes their business.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by DavidEsq(m): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

How do you know that I am not among the 1st two children of my parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor. And they are not afraid of poverty do they hug it with gusto by having many children they can’t cater for.

NB: 10 Childern? That’s fantastic. I am sure your pops was doing fine back in the days to have been able to shoulder the responsibility.
Dash am 10 children now, weda e no go say tufia
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Blueelf: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cheeryfeet:
Oga it's different strokes for different folks. It all depends on which side you are looking from, either the glass is half empty or half full; Perception. One guy said" it's because of you kids that I'm poor" another said " it's because of you kids that I'm wealthy". Besides God said be fruitful, multiply and replenish. It all depends on your capacity bro not on the economy, inside this economy we are complaining, people are still hitting it big time. But then again it still our choice to make
Gbam. This is the synopsis of what i was trying to pass across to him but with different words

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Taeewo(m): 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
IgboSomalia:

Most iku omo is caused by poverty. When you born plenty, you can't take care of them cos your resources are stretched.

Those who born like rabbits find it very difficult to upgrade their lives out of poverty. For instance, they can't even get Canadian papers. Where them wan see POF for a family of 8 kids and 2 parents?
Okay Iku omo is caused by poverty.

Na poverty they cause accident,na poverty even kill Dbang pikin then,na poverty kill Dagrin,na poverty even kill all naija celebrity wey no reach 50 years..
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:
I don't see myself having less than 5 children.

The bible says we should be fruitful I beg
Beware of what u wish yourself.
Some said so and today are regretting.

The Koran also said multiply so we have one man, 4 wives and 15 children.

The bible and Koran were there when Nigeria was declared poverty capital of the world.
Weren't those parents fulfilling their various religious policies?

Meanwhile, Isreal and Saudi have 8 and 33 million population respectively of which is like 4% of your country's population.

Doesn't that make u guys very naive and unintelligent?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by kweensheba: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Whether the economy is good or bad, two or three children are okay.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by permit(m): 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

What empire is that? Farming empire?

You can do all you need to do on your with tractors.
shocked shocked do you know how much a good tractor costs coupled with it's maintenance... Abeg Allow that man breed enough labourers in peace grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by olureignforever: 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
KevinDein:
I really can't wrap my head around how people that can barely get by are having more than 3 children.

They keep saying it's God that gives children and that God would take care of them but they then hand over these children to relatives who abuse them at any chance they get. Like that woman who WWEed a ten year old girl.

It really really breaks my heart to see children not having the basic necessities of life because of the dumb decisions of their parents.

One dey my street everytime I pass her house, I see her grinding pepper on grinding stone and the pepper no dey pass 50 naira. I don't know what they use it for. I heard she gave birth again making 4or 5, and she will continue to give them pepper to eat.

Sometimes, I wonder how much our generation will pay for university education.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Alhamdu09(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.
The Nigeria of before is totally different from today's Nigeria.
His concern is given birth to many children and not having the resources to cater for every of their needs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
KevinDein:
I really can't wrap my head around how people that can barely get by are having more than 3 children.

They keep saying it's God that gives children and that God would take care of them but they then hand over these children to relatives who abuse them at any chance they get. Like that woman who WWEed a ten year old girl.

It really really breaks my heart to see children not having the basic necessities of life because of the dumb decisions of their parents.

Exactly

I always say it, the poor are the problem of Nigeria

Can't you see one dolt there typing he wants four kids?

If you check he lives an absolutely gut wrenching mediocre life and is totally satisfied with it and has no qualms about bringing kids to suffer

Anyways my.joy is when war starts these children of the poor will be drafted as child solders for revel groups

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Alvin212(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
The higher population is the only strength North have got over other regions.
This they know too well, that's why they keep popping out kids every now and then.
It gives them a noticeable edge during the election.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Alimat40: 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
You don't need to advice any body on this matter. It is your choice. If you want poverty, start having chicken like pig.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

We are saying the same bro. It’s better progressive youths always set the ground rules before marriage. If a girl I want to marry can’t agree to family planning, then no marriage. Nigerian stress is not easy to deal with as a single person, let alone with many children to cater for in marriage. 2 is the best to stop at & any other pregnancy should be aborted without remorse.

Yea I understood your first response... just emphasizing the point

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by 12345baba(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.
hahahahahaha.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
swazpedro:

If only you know that number of children doesn't matter, the future is not yours to decide... Instance you give birth to 2 after training then, as University undergraduate one is mobbed and killed, your wife has reached menopause, how will you handled this instance... In burna's voice, God won't give you more than you can handle, if you like born 1,if you like born 12 pikin wey go great go great, parent wey go happy go happy

God forbid, but if they die, they die niyen. There are a lot of great people that are the only child of their parents. Justice Brett Kavanaugh & Justice Antonin Scalia both of the US Supreme Court were the only kids to their parents & they turned out great. Even Hillary & Bill Clinton had only Chelsea Clinton & she didn’t die after college.

It’s time Nigerians abandon this idea of burdening God with their fvck ups. It is especially expected of southerner who are not educated & exposed to have dropped this type of thinking. The idea of overpopulating the country is a relic of a past era which should be left with northerners.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by TheOtherRoom: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
I bet the OP isn't even married to have asked this question..
When you start having kids, you realise life is about caring for others and not only you

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
Alvin212:
The higher population is the only strength North have got over other regions.
This they know too well, that's why they keep popping out kids every now and then.
It gives them a noticeable edge during the election.

So they prefer to live like pigs and abject poverty with plenty malnourished children just because of election of the 0.5% rich men?

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by franchasng: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:
If you are into farming you will not be afraid to have plenty children.
my dear taking care of children today is not just about giving them food and clots to wear. Think about their future should death take you away. Think about their well being should sickness or terminal illness render you or your spouse incapacitated

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / Man Settles Wife With N5m, Car, N100,000 Monthly Allowance To Quit Marriage / Ameena Hassana Sani And Hadiza Hussaina Sani: Twins With Same Fingerprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.