Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50078 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Amanda4life: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
I don't see myself having less than 5 children.

The bible says we should be fruitful I beg
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by caribar: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
It's as a result of ignorance of proper family planning methods that works. Not actually their doing. Some of them wish they had less kids but when the unwanted pregnancy comes, they have no choice than to just risk it and survive anyhow with their children. And some will also end up telling u it's a gift from God..

HAPPY SUNDAY FOLKS

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
Blueelf:

Bros, how old are you? No insult but you sound quite immature.

You can plan and plan for the future yet, it'll remain unknown to you.

Have you seen families with 2 kids in abject poverty? Have you seen families of 8 living very well (rich in fact)?

Have 2 kids out of preference and not because of economy. Recession affects everyone; 2 kids or 10 kids. It doesn't factor the number of seed you have. Okay?

With 2 kids in poverty, you will manage better than 10 children in poverty. You’d recall I said this thread will annoy some people so I am not surprised at your anger. If you have many kids, my brother face your hustle ooo.

17 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by bakynes3: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
Truly Children are God's gift but the current Nigeria looks like its heading for a disaster its just a matter of time(God bless Nigeria) Nigeria is curently the poverty head quarters of the world even with far lesser population than China and India. The govt is not up and doing to secure the future of the country. Even we as adults the future looks bleak we are striving everyday to have a better future for ourselves. The next thing is for some stupid so called Couples who can barely feed once a day to bring children into this world to suffer at such a tender age because the believe God wilk take care of them. Thats bullshit mentality.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
That one no vex me at all. The one way vex me pass be say they will see me and tease me"madam this your boy suppose don get younger one o" and evening time they will come and be begging me for cup of rice.
One was telling me that why will I go for family planning if I am not cheating on my husband.
Nigerians women especially need reorientation
cheesy

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by davibid: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
G
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:
I don't see myself having less than 5 children.

The bible says we should be fruitful I beg

Which verse of the Bible instructed you to bring/multiply into poverty? Show me, I will go read it.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Mightyhaiz: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
olumide3367:
Nigeria is just like animal kingdom where people born like dock
is that a dog,duck or c.ock? grin
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Way to go!!!! Abortion straight even though I am a conservative Christian.

Religion doesn't mean we should be stupid...

God never created condoms when he said we shld multiply through sex...

And he never said we can't have sex anytime... so what if the sex turned to pregnancy, does it mean we will stop having sex so as not to keep getting pregnant (assuming there were no condoms) ?

Best way is family planning and if it fails at any point, it's better to abort

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by CorporateJay(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
tumababa:

God bless you. If you think it is your money or the expensive schools your children go that will make them succeed you have already failed as a parent.

You people should get things straight.... You should be able to cater for your children the basic things like... Good food.. Good education.. Good shelter and little fun... And go and check statistics... The chances of a child being successful in life.. Is proportional to the quality of life he lives... The number 1 reason why people succeed is having people around you who can make you succeed... And where Most do you meet them... School and where you are able to work...

Isit a child that was made to go and do househelp.. That has more chances in life to be successful... If you know what those children pass through... Most especially the female ones...you will know that... Give birth to the number of children you can cater for

12 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Evangkatsoulis: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

How do you know that I am not among the 1st two children of my parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor. And they are not afraid of poverty do they hug it with gusto by having many children they can’t cater for.

NB: 10 Childern? That’s fantastic. I am sure your pops was doing fine back in the days to have been able to shoulder the responsibility.
So what if one of the two children die? It is better to birth extra two for backup
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by AmarachiAshawo(f): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

And you think some of us want to be Nigerians for ever? What’s my business with Nigeria? The North can have the shithole to themselves. The sane ones will eventually emigrate out of Nigeria with their families.
You want to leave for Fulani to take over your fatherland? Are you not a coward Running away from battle? Do you think every sane one will migrate, no, they will sit back and fight for what is theirs.

Run away coward!
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2019
This preaching is for the north cheesy
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ItooWorWor(m): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2019
Tell that to the north.
My parent has four kids and we are doing fine, we lack nothing both home and school.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Amos1423(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.
And bring them to inherit your abject poverty? And you think you're doing them more good than harm.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Westernlove: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but its a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

This Is the message we've been passing around since time Immemorial but unfortunately It's a pity the people who really needs to read this message doesn't have access to the e-world
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.
[/s]

Let me.guess you were born in the village , grew up uneducated on a farm and got your bsc through part time distance learning

I can bet my left nut that your idea of doing fine is at best mediocre

Rubbish

9 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
HazzanTazzan:

Religion doesn't mean we should be stupid...

God never created condoms when he said we shld multiply through sex...

And he never said we can't have sex anytime... so what if the sex turned to pregnancy, does it mean we will stop having sex so as not to keep getting pregnant (assuming there were no condoms) ?

Best way is family planning and if it fails at any point, it's better to abort

We are saying the same bro. It’s better progressive youths always set the ground rules before marriage. If a girl I want to marry can’t agree to family planning, then no marriage. Nigerian stress is not easy to deal with as a single person, let alone with many children to cater for in marriage. 2 is the best to stop at & any other pregnancy should be aborted without remorse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by godsonQS(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
Pls What's your definition of an average Nigerian.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by YipadaGadgets1: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor. And they are not afraid of poverty do they hug it with gusto by having many children they can’t cater for.

NB: 10 Childern? That’s fantastic. I am sure your pops was doing fine back in the days to have been able to shoulder the responsibility.

Lol, I know a man who had close to 20 kids , 2 of his kids are CEOs of major Banks in Nigeria.. ALL of them are STUPENDOUSLY rich and yet the man was poor.

The fate of the children is not tied to the father, BORN as much as you can... the one who sent them down would provide for them

It may sound counter intellectual but it's always been a fact , Poverty had nothing to do with children... It depends on the way they are raised

If war happens in Nigeria like you predicted , if my 7 kids die ... lol yours too won't die.

The koko is understanding your situation and see if you can provide them the basics of there needs ... then you are fine.

I don't support having children without control, but stopping child birth due to fear of the unknown seems illogical.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mrsteel: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

Thank u my brother
How I wish every Nigerian can reason like this
The country is bad already, we still keep pouring children everywhere. Isn't that wickedness?
Reduce the number of child birth per family & see if the rate of poverty won't reduce

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Amanda4life: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
If you are into farming you will not be afraid to have plenty children.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Premiumwriter: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
dominique:
The high birth rate amongst the lower income earners is not as annoying as them urging others to have more kids. You that should be advising others on why they shouldn't be breeding like rats, instead you will be encouraging to overpopulate the already overpopulated country. Misery really do love company. Sometimes I wonder what people want to do with so many kids, do they get some thrills watching them grow up and turn into nuisances in the society? Middle/upper class people shouldn't have more than 3 kids while lower class should stop at 2. How I wish the government can put this into law.
simply because you have your preferences doesn't mean that others don't have theirs.

Your preference is to have few kids and you can't understand why others want many.

There are some who don't understand why you should limit the number of children when you can have more
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by miclil: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
Having any child without proper preparations planing = is a crime to the child and humanity at large

8 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
even if you're rich enough to take care of the kids, three should be the limit considering the nations economic crisis and over population problem i mean look at norways population if you're wondering why they're considered one of the best country in the world it's because their economy is a perfect match for their population.

I mean lets say they are only 50 jobs available in your city and there are 20 rich parents and 4 poor parents who can care for they kids so each parent have 4 kids thats 96 whole kids right. All these kids now become working class youth but bc theres only 50 jobs available in the city it doesn't get to work out for all , my point is rich or poor birth control should be accepted

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Exactly

Form his write up you can tell is was born derth poor and maybe grew on a farm

Their reasoning is always if your parents planned you won't be here

So stupid

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
AmarachiAshawo:

You want to leave for Fulani to take over your fatherland? Are you not a coward Running away from battle? Do you think every sane one will migrate, no, they will sit back and fight for what is theirs.

Run away coward!

Yes oooo, I want to run away from a shithole filled with terrorists. If you want to fight them, give birth to many children to enrol into your local militia.

8 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Efewestern: 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
johnkey:
Poor people shouldn't even have kids, bringing innocent souls into the world to suffer them.

Wrong! kids are not meant for rich buddies alone, what you could have said is, poor people should limit the number of kids we bring into this world.

I don't see how a man and a woman won't be able to carter for the needs of a single child.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
Saltybear:

Exactly

Form his write up you can tell is was born derth poor and maybe grew on a farm

Their reasoning is always if your parents planned you won't be here

So stupid

Please let’s not insult those who wish to have many children. It’s better to persuade them with logical argument.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Blueelf: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

With 2 kids in poverty, you will manage better than 10 children in poverty. You’d recall I said this thread will annoy some people so I am not surprised at your anger. If you have many kids, my brother face your hustle ooo.

I'm not angry. Wonder how you arrive at such a conclusion?

2 kids or ten kids, work hard and smart and invest wisely. You can't tell the future

A huge fire or several freak accidents can destroy all you've toiled for. What happens then?

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

My broda, no be small thing ooo. The thing dey always wonder me. If na America now, it’s ok. But Nigeria? With its problem with a domineering North bristling with millions of Islamic terrorists? Why would any southerner want to have so many children in this kind of country? 1 or 2 kids is enough with a comprehensive plan to emigrate at the earliest opportunity.

Naija doesn’t have a future & it has failed already. She is just yet to slip into internecine war.

Exactly
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
If you want to know the idiots in our society look at those with more than 4 kids .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism / Husband Waits To Have Sex Until Marriage . . . Then Learns Wife Is 4 Months Preg / The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.