Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? (20726 Views)

Can A Married Man Buy A Valentine Gift For His Female Colleague? / Plantain As Valentine Gift? What Do You Think Will Happen If She Opens Her Eyes? / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Danicest(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
It is not compulsory but just necessary

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Originalsly: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
Why would you even be thinking of buying a Valentine's Day gift for someone you don't even have reasonable conversations with? Is she aware that you are her bf? After Valentine's you would be history.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
BREAKING NEWS�

We the National Association of Husbands And Boyfriends (NAHAB), wish to announce our annual 3 days strike which will commence on 13 FEB and end on 16 FEB.

Please note: our cell phones will not be working during the strike and our relationship commitments will commence on the 17 FEB, we apologise for any inconveniences caused to our wives and girlfriends who were hoping to be with us on valentine's day.
Valentine died for love, Romeo also died for love, Jack in titanic died for love, Samson in the bible died for love, Greek heroes Hercules&Archilles died for love and even Jesus Christ died for love.
Don't buy any woman a valentine gift until she gives you at least 5 names of women who died for love.
In fact women must be the ones that buy gifts for men!!!����

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by ZooOga: 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
on time for thread

Jennifer Lopez - Love Don't Cost a Thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGvlESGvbs
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by ProtectMyMoney: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating
and stay in my house that day?

Stop worrying yourself over someone that probably would have lined up...Alhaji...Valentine shopping, Kunle ...Valentine lunch, Mustapa, Valentine dinner, Ugochukwu...spend the night.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by wisdomkid: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
Make we f**king hear word for this country. What's this sh*t about Valentine that is five days ahead?
If this is how we plan our lives and this country, we would have been at better place. Nonsense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 10, 2020
Its not compulsory, moreover I ain't getting none. So that's it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by cassyrooy(m): 12:29am On Feb 10, 2020
victorian:

I'm. Making a whole lot of sense

A guy that's even giving his gf the option of ending their relationship if she doesn't accept no val celebration, their love celebration on lovers day.. Is that what u call he loves her?

Loves her indeed. He doesn't give a damn, if they breakup!
He's ready to free her if she insist on Val. And I bet that's why she's quiet thinking about it. So my guy is ready to breakup? Wow! Just like that?

I don't need to, or have to tell him anything should make him see reason why he need to consider celebrating Valentine's Day, even with 2k he can celebrate his love for his babe and who knows she herself will. Also be willing to gift him. Everything is not meant to be expensive but the thought of I cherish the lady or cherish this day on lovers day.

Anyways he has given her a open cheque , to stay or leave.

It's his call. Not mine.
Yeah! The usual one-dimensional line of thinking. Very applaudable girl.

He's plain with his GF, he's not done this before. Now the problem is, he needs to change but the question he's probably asking himself is, does she worth it? As much as I'm not going to call ladies names, we can both agree some don't deserve the things guys give them.

He's being apprehensive about whether to resign from the hardguy gang or remain one. See, people are always afraid to fully show themselves up to another person because of past experiences, and his can not be exempted as a plausible case.

On another hand, what if the babe has been indirectly disturbing him for stuffs, “buy me this, by me that, my last boyfriend got me this for our first val, the other one promised”... And she's never gifted anyone before anything on their birthday or Val, even if na your brother, shebi you go sidon dey look?

My point is, it should be the guys prerogative to buy, and if he fails to, please and please, don't measure yourself using such inability to meet an expectation for lack of love. Many people grew up loving deeply but without giving gifts.

2k may not be the problem, the emotional and psychological processes it takes/brings out in the guy is what he's avoiding. He's a strong hardguy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by ZooOga: 12:33am On Feb 10, 2020
i just saw dis down the cyber street

Meek Mill
@MeekMill

Spending millions on friends and girls .... I always wondered what do y’all do for your grand moms ... aunts ... brother,sister ....mom and dad.... the people who was there b4 the friends and women came! It gotta be triple!

https://twitter.com/MeekMill/status/1226648031921090560
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Emorigweiii(m): 12:37am On Feb 10, 2020
Oga Gift na Gift, no matter how small. Package am with all sincerity, understanding na the koko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by DiracRex: 12:53am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

Though I didn't tell her I'm not happy with her.

Question now, is it compulsory to buy Val gift?

Like, what happens if I decide to just switch my phone off and stay in my house that day?

grin Stay woke niggah![b][/b]
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by olamoses75(m): 1:16am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

Like, what happens if I decide to just switch my phone off and stay in my house that day?
I would rather you buy some gifts for her for val and see her reaction, u can now send the break up message that same night. If wanna be in a good relationship with you, her reaction towards the message would tell.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Mescana22(m): 1:25am On Feb 10, 2020
cassyrooy:
You've not made one single sense from this your post.

Instead of finding other ways for him to see potential reasons to celebrate Val for his GF, and also enhance their relationship, you're indirectly justifying materialism and possibly cheating.

The guy is a lazy lover but that has in no ways connoted that he doesn't love her. But you obviously didn't see the guys side of things before advocating “a correct guy” should have the girl on Valentine's Day.

Why doesn't she spoil him for a start? Will it ruin her life? Biko swerve.

No be by force, even though it's a necessity for both parties to gift and be gifted things on Valentine's Day.

One Lager Beer for you, You are a real Niggar, leave all those Opportunist and Potential Oloshos
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 10, 2020
dont go and steal oo cos u want to buy val gift for ur girl.it is not a must.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by olurili(m): 1:37am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

Biko what are the things you should discuss with your new girlfriend?

I wan know if the issue is from me or her.
a lot of thing,like how will China conquer coronavirus,how will 2023 election be,how much buhari use for flight,and so on

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Dangrace01: 2:15am On Feb 10, 2020
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by WeRblessed(f): 3:07am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

Relationship is not for children. Let me know when you grow up; by then I will have the best answer to your question
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Trutherme: 3:24am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

Did you give her the impression that she's your girlfriend during the 3 weeks or less? Did you shine her during this period? If your answer is yes, then you must give her a Valentine gift. If you are struggling financially and cannot afford to give her a gift, that's totally different but women don't like hanging around selfish men. Valentine is for lovers!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Formation2009: 3:37am On Feb 10, 2020
donbachi:
Not compulsory bro...just like its not also compulsory u must have a girlfriend.
the issue is people don't realize giving on Valentine goes two ways. It's not necessarily that the dude should be the only on to dish out gifts. The girl too can do that

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by idonhammer: 4:08am On Feb 10, 2020
I don see your signature.How e go be? Make we just hook up on the 14th and bleep the hell out of each other. As you know, I don already hammer tey tey so I carry action and enough effizy wey go blow your mind.

missimelda01:
Nawa o
Another thread to ruin the spirit of Valentine angry
For those of you who have found love and don't see it as a big deal to make your spouse feel special on a day like Valentine, please check my signature.. I have something interesting for you.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Cchuks27(m): 4:19am On Feb 10, 2020

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Ohraybs(m): 4:37am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

Question you are to ask yourself is this,what attracted you to her, cos you can't fell me nothing attracted you before taking a move to ask her out. Switching off your phone wont solve the problem or makes you feel like you did the right thing. Stand up as a man, let her know u are really rich now or try get her something small and don't run away from your responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by oduduemzy(m): 4:45am On Feb 10, 2020
Please, what's the big deal about Valentine's day?
Isn't it just another day?
Why do girls take Valentine's day so special like it's the day they were created, and they feel they should get the most love or gifts?
[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by golddare: 4:54am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

Who ever starts relationship for January must be ready to buy Valentine's gift, you dont know January is breaktime for people like you therefore its compulsory you buy her gift.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by PotatoSalad(m): 5:17am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

She'll be another person's val na.
Akpaa gi ipuo n'uzo ka akpaa onye ozo

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 10, 2020
Yes!
As you do during birthdays, do likewise during Valentine.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

I suggest that you get her a special and unique gift from NOCK MEDIA. They are offering 15% discount on all their services, this Valentine season. Get her a customized Valentine Day Card, or a Portrait drawing and Painting of her. Contact NOCK MEDIA on 08108554108

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by lonelydora: 5:52am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

No, we never have sex. Never asked her for it self.

Guy, the earlier you chop, the better for you. Stop over working yourself
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Truthbites: 6:01am On Feb 10, 2020
Who is thinking of Valentine under Buhari's regime? Better keep the gift money for food stuff

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Truthbites: 6:05am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
Tnks Bro. Can it cause any problem after? I like her bt been givin her space diz days.

She too is doing strong head.

MODIFIED:

We never even see since she say Yes.

Took her almost 3 months before she say Yes.

We saw about six times before she say Yes.

Invited her twice after she say Yes, she go say she go come but no go show.

I don tire to dey call am self.

We never talk for two or three days.

I no care.

She no care too.

I for break up but no sure if I go regret am.

REMEMBER SHE ONCE SAID SHE SAY YES BECAUSE SHE WAN GET IT WELL WITH DATING. SEY SHE NO DEY GOOD WITH DATING STUFF.

NA THE MOST STRESSFUL THING BE THIS.

With all I read above, said No. A big no naim she take style tell u. She ask u for Valentine gift? You are merely dating yourself as it is. Don't call her again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When A Girl You Love Says She Is In A Relationship Wat Do U Do? / All The Questions You Have To Answer Being A Girl That Likes Football - Meme / The Dating Game(first Edition)-suggestion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.