Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? (57679 Views)

She Says We're Just Friends But She Gets Jealous Over Me (Photos) / NEVER Should you settle for being Just Friends with Females. / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 3:11am On Feb 26, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Most ladies do not like to attend their exes weddings so you are correct, personally, I like to reduce closeness as much as possible if one is an ex.
It doesn't make sense to me . That's how people end up roping themselves into trouble . Some in serious relationships end up having one night stands with exes in a moment of weakness all because of this issue of keeping in touch.

Poeple just automatically assume you are holding a grudge when you don't want to socialize with exes on the internet.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by wilcox(m): 3:23am On Feb 26, 2020
Prec1ous:
OP, get over it. I think both of you led yourself on foolishly. She was really expectant, but you goofed. She is dealing with the pseudo-rejection the best way she can, also, she is not happy to see your happy pictures. So move on.

---

The Parable of the goat and the yam in the same pen!

It has been proven countless time, that there is no sanity and clarity when a man and a women with the right amount of hormonal rush think that they can stay friends. Especially when nothing ties them together, maybe business or they are investment partners.

You can speak all the English you want to speak, but do not ever forget these...

You cannot tell your body when to and not to produce oetrogen, testosterone, dopamine and oxytocin. Nature must proceed.

This is also why you should beware of girls who claim all their friends are the opposite sex. You are been fooled!

Guys, the best way to get any girl is to be her friend but once in a while, chip in romantic talks and dirty chats but do not forget to also touch her "mistakenly" sometimes, this qualifies you as a potential romantic partner.

Do this systematically and You have already laid the ground for your impending kill.

Thank you.
I won’t be wrong if I call you a love doctor
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by HitSong: 3:28am On Feb 26, 2020
Octopusssy:

This is an incredibly stupid question NOT to ask, but to indulge that stupidity a little, go through my post history and find out if I have typed anything reasonable in the past.

I AM A DOLT.
Of course
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:
I have been friends with a lady at work for about 3 years now, we were just friends and things were quite well. I soon realized it appears she wanted us to be more than friends, but I was not ready to be in a committed relationship. I told her I had ambitions I needed to achieve before I got married and it included traveling abroad for my masters. By the way I got a 50% scholarship abroad.

To avoid being blamed for playing on her emotions and wasting her time I pulled away and only contacted her sparingly. We have never been intimate, no romance and the likes. To be sincere, she is a good lady who has been unfortunate with love and marriage. She is very comfortable, beautiful and well-Travelled.

I am single as well and a very goal oriented person, women have never been my priority. She is about 1 yr older than I am. However , I can not let go of my dreams to be with her. Now that I have left Nigeria, She has blocked me from all social media contact and ignored my messages.
While I often desire to be at peace with all men. Maybe it’s best to leave it this way and move on.

Nutshell: Guys Be careful being just friends with a single lady of marriageable age, Her priority is to get married and not just be friends. If that’s not your intention, Bro. Help her, help yourself Cut it. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Was in a similar situation recently and I just realised how selfish ladies can be. Once they want to get married, any guy that comes their way they will try to put him under pressure and if you don't do their bidding you become an enemy, automatically.

My advise to you is to lock up and free the babe. Forget about her and learn to be a bit colder towards women until you are ready to settle down, that's what I have also decided to do. I cannot abandon my dream just because I want to please a selfish lady. I cannot solve every woman's problem... I'd rather have guy friends than talk to ladies nowadays.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 4:17am On Feb 26, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
.........and she is helping herself by cutting off completely from you, one of the ways she feels she can quit and be focused is by blocking you on her social medias, so don't complain. Some people can still cope seeing their ex, friends, etc on their social media platforms, others cannot.

Well I must admit this is quite true. But on the other hand, ladies could be very selfish once they want to settle down! Nowadays any lady above 25 just wants to jump on the next guy that says hi to them regardless of whether the guy is on the same frequency with them or not...

Either ways I don't blame the lady for cutting off. I think your point was totally valid. But the effect on the other person too is negative. Women should take it easy. If a guy has been clear on his intentions from day 1 respect it and accept him for who he is. There are a lot of wonderful people that won't marry you cos their plans for their own life is different. Ladies should stop being selfish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 4:35am On Feb 26, 2020
eduman365:

Well I must admit this is quite true. But on the other hand, ladies could be very selfish once they want to settle down! Nowadays any lady above 25 just wants to jump on the next guy that says hi to them regardless of whether the guy is on the same frequency with them or not...

Either ways I don't blame the lady for cutting off. I think your point was totally valid. But the effect on the other person too is negative. Women should take it easy. If a guy has been clear on his intentions from day 1 respect it and accept him for who he is. There are a lot of wonderful people that won't marry you cos their plans for their own life is different. Ladies should stop being selfish.
No you are the selfish one here. At 35 she should keep entertaining time wasters and directionless relationships? So you will come and scream evening newspaper and near menopause in her ear tomorrow.

Any lady above 25 should never date any guy that is still in the "let's see how it goes " phase. If you as a man wants to be taking your first son to kindergarten with a bent back and walking stick ,women don't have that luxury. Even with IVF, the older a woman the less likely the success.

So Mr Man that finger of women being selfish is pointing right back at you.E get wetin person dey grow pass, all this time wasters,no conscience at all undecided,see the way you are claiming victim already,very self centered.

Nobody held your clothe not to travel abroad,so why nag about it and accuse women of being selfish because they decide to move on instead of waiting endlessly? .

The op attested that she is a good lady , resourceful and well travelled, yet he didn't make proper commitment before leaving and still wants to hang around and mess up her head with subtle flirts ,that's demonic angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by crackkhaus: 4:47am On Feb 26, 2020
truthsayer009:

It's laughable because while rejection is not something pleasant for anyone to experience, a woman reaction to rejection is always funny since they always tell us to remain friends even while being rejected EG: Hello dear, I don't want to lose you as a friend yen yen yen grin grin grin
They don't know how to handle rejection because they are wired to believe they are very special and will be a catch for any man...even the ones with faces like Smeagol or with flat bums/boóbs. cheesy

Most Nigerian ladies don't understand that just because men are swarming around them does not mean these same men want to spend the rest of their lives stuck with them. 98% of the time, na just where to pour cvm those niggas dey find.

I'm pretty sure if the lady in the OP had just played along and told the guy she too was not interested in anything serious but just wanted to have fun, that guy-man will collect free punî without giving that speech about his future. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Kotika: 4:57am On Feb 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:
I have been friends with a lady at work for about 3 years now, we were just friends and things were quite well. I soon realized it appears she wanted us to be more than friends, but I was not ready to be in a committed relationship. I told her I had ambitions I needed to achieve before I got married and it included traveling abroad for my masters. By the way I got a 50% scholarship abroad.

To avoid being blamed for playing on her emotions and wasting her time I pulled away and only contacted her sparingly. We have never been intimate, no romance and the likes. To be sincere, she is a good lady who has been unfortunate with love and marriage. She is very comfortable, beautiful and well-Travelled.

I am single as well and a very goal oriented person, women have never been my priority. She is about 1 yr older than I am. However , I can not let go of my dreams to be with her. Now that I have left Nigeria, She has blocked me from all social media contact and ignored my messages.
While I often desire to be at peace with all men. Maybe it’s best to leave it this way and move on.

Nutshell: Guys Be careful being just friends with a single lady of marriageable age, Her priority is to get married and not just be friends. If that’s not your intention, Bro. Help her, help yourself Cut it. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
[color=#006600][/color]
You did the right thing bro. I salute your goal orientation and strength. As for her, she is only trying to handle rejection and it's just normal. Trust me, when you are done and back she will check up on you. I believe strongly she has her ways of hearing about you, either from mutual friends or evesdrops on your public profile and pictures. Don't mind the nay Sayers here. One of the attributes of greatness is to honor yourself..

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by semyman: 5:01am On Feb 26, 2020
Mariangeles:

Most times you type trash!
Life doesn't begin and end with sex!
This is below the belt, Tyson vs Wilder
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Omar09(m): 5:14am On Feb 26, 2020
tiwiex:

Good riddance. I think our guy did the right thing by not being more than her friend. Her true color don show. She had no emotions towards him all along. It's not easy to cut people off abruptly. Only people with narcissist tendencies do that. I think he dodged a bullet.

Bro I cut people off easily. It's not a narcissistic behavior but I don't operate on emotional level. She did the right thing for herself. That's what red pill has teaching us.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:19am On Feb 26, 2020
crackkhaus:

They don't know how to handle rejection because they are wired to believe they are very special and will be a catch for any man...even the ones with faces like Smeagol or with flat bums/boóbs. cheesy

Most Nigerian ladies don't understand that just because men are swarming around them does not mean these same men want to spend the rest of their lives stuck with them. 98% of the time, na just where to pour cvm those niggas dey find.

I'm pretty sure if the lady in the OP had just played along and told the guy she too was not interested in anything serious but just wanted to have fun, that guy-man will collect free punî without giving that speech about his future. grin
why will a 35 years old lady play along with a time waster like the op? undecided.

By the way ,if you want to talk about looking like smeagol I know alot of male nairalanders that look like that but Nigerian women dey manage una like that.

Also let's not forget we are talking about the same Nigerian men that impregnate mad women roaming on the streets undecided . Stop hyping yourselves ,y'all are not all that either tongue

6 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by dingbang(m): 5:43am On Feb 26, 2020
Stupid comments everywhere.. Op please thumbs up for manning up and pursuing your dreams biko. Your success over women!

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 26, 2020
You're a 34years old kid

4 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Apus: 6:05am On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
No you are the selfish one here. At 35 she should keep entertaining time wasters and directionless relationships? So you will come and scream evening newspaper and near menopause in her ear tomorrow.

Any lady above 25 should never date any guy that is still in the "let's see how it goes " phase. If you as a man wants to be taking your first son to kindergarten with a bent back and walking stick ,women don't have that luxury. Even with IVF, the older a woman the less likely the success.

So Mr Man that finger of women being selfish is pointing right back at you.E get wetin person dey grow pass, all this time wasters,no conscience at all undecided,see the way you are claiming victim already,very self centered.

Nobody held your clothe not to travel abroad,so why nag about it and accuse women of being selfish because they decide to move on instead of waiting endlessly? .

The op attested that she is a good lady , resourceful and well travelled, yet he didn't make proper commitment before leaving and still wants to hang around and mess up her head with subtle flirts ,that's demonic angry

And you concluded the reason for keeping up was to flirt? What is wrong keeping up with an ex-colleague (male or female)? Remember, he never gave her that impression even as a colleague going by what he has written. It's okay if blocking him is her own way of dealing with rejection, but do not misjudge his intentions.

I'm almost in d same situation as d OP. I'm beginning to keep my distance now, before my intentions are misconstrued.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by kokomilala(m): 6:08am On Feb 26, 2020
For her,you've gone with the wind. She's erased every memory and memento about you.
Women are emotionally vulnerable by nature. She wanted you,but since you declined, she shut that door behind her.You're a lost memory.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Wallace2107: 6:13am On Feb 26, 2020
Mariangeles:

Most times you type trash!
Life doesn't begin and end with sex!
u wicked o grin
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by DaddyRochie1642: 6:13am On Feb 26, 2020
She's 35years old with an expired Pussy grin,

Even if a man marries a 35year old lady, he will still cheat on her with a much younger lady.

It's good to be Red-Pilled Aware
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Otii4god: 6:13am On Feb 26, 2020
The guy is just being selfish...even thought he was making a point
Fountainofyouth:

Oh now I see where the hurt is coming from, you hate the fact that she left you first, and it hurt you so much you came here to whine, in the pretense of advising your fellows, lol I get you dude, you will be fine cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by freddaboh(m): 6:17am On Feb 26, 2020
Prec1ous:
OP, get over it. I think both of you led yourself on foolishly. She was really expectant, but you goofed. She is dealing with the pseudo-rejection the best way she can, also, she is not happy to see your happy pictures. So move on.

---

It has been proven countless time, that there is no sanity and clarity when a man and a women with the right amount of hormonal rush think that they can stay friends. Especially when nothing ties them together, maybe business or they are investment partners.

You can speak all the English you want to speak, but do not ever forget these...

You cannot tell your body when to and not to produce oetrogen, testosterone, dopamine and oxytocin. Nature must proceed.

This is also why you should beware of girls who claim all their friends are the opposite sex. You are been fooled!

Guys, the best way to get any girl is to be her friend but once in a while, chip in romantic talks and dirty chats but do not forget to also touch her "mistakenly" sometimes, this qualifies you as a potential romantic partner.

Do this systematically and You have already laid the ground for your impending kill.

Thank you.
Interesting!!!
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by vickydevoka(m): 6:25am On Feb 26, 2020
Chi59:

There's everything wrong with it, especially when you know she so much wants something more than friendship.
This guy can't eat his cake and have it back He chose his career, why is he feeling sad that she blocked him?
Lol. Can't u lyk sum1 without marrying her. If wishes were horses I would have luv to marry precious ( a very good friend of mine). Buh u knw wat she doesn't have feeling for me she sees me as her brother.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by vickydevoka(m): 6:29am On Feb 26, 2020
flokii:
You too block her from your life and social media.. as simple as abc

I'm getting tired of all the sissy talks. Ya'll need to develop stone heart please.
I understand de guy. A lady with a good character n mind is hard to forget. How ever, the guy is very smart by not committing himself to the lady of that age

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by jidxin(m): 6:34am On Feb 26, 2020
Katier00:
Thanks for the advice. Experience they say, is the best teacher
experience is actually the best teacher for a fool ooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by opsyswagger(m): 6:35am On Feb 26, 2020
Am In Your shoe now am about traveling to Canada in April and I have a girlfriend she has started given me attitude after I explain our plan to her
She is just given me attitude am confuse

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:

The op attested that she is a good lady , resourceful and well travelled, yet he didn't make proper commitment before leaving and still wants to hang around and mess up her head with subtle flirts ,that's demonic
angry

Hey, hey, hey, Wait a minute! What did I just read? cheesy grin

Aunty, what happened? Is something else involved ni?

Flirt, travel out, time waster, IVF... What's all that?!

The guy wanted to be friends!!! Friends!!! Is that a crime? Everybody must marry you because you are ready and time is running out? Please what happened when you guys were selecting guys and some were dating sugar daddies in your early 20s?

So it's the innocent guy that should now change his plans from friendship to marriage, just like that!!! That's a very callous way of thinking...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 6:41am On Feb 26, 2020
eduman365:

Hey, hey, hey, Wait a minute! What did I just read? cheesy grin

Aunty, what happened? Is something else involved ni?

Flirt, travel out, time waster, IVF... What's all that?!

The guy wanted to be friends!!! Friends!!! Is that a crime? Everybody must marry you because you are ready and time is running out? Please what happened when you guys were selecting in your early 20s?

So it's the innocent guy that should now change his plans from friendship to marriage, just like that!!! That's a very callous way of thinking...
and the lady said she doesn't want then why call her selfish? And rant about it? undecided. Or is friendship now by force?.

He even said guys should do the dumping first that's what is paining the op. Nobody asked him to change his plans,if they had dated it would have been a different case but they never dated as far as she is concerned he is " the one who got away" . There is no point staying in touch wondering "what would have been" . The op is likened to "water under the bridge".

6 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Skyfornia(m): 6:42am On Feb 26, 2020
Prec1ous:

---

Thank you.

Master! Oshey!!

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Emaprince: 6:42am On Feb 26, 2020
Chi59:

There's everything wrong with it, especially when you know she so much wants something more than friendship.
This guy can't eat his cake and have it back He chose his career, why is he feeling sad that she blocked him?
Wow...He can't eat his cake and have it?

So rejecting ones advances is now a crime? When a woman rejects a male friends advances and he reacts this way, I'm very sure your type will call him childish.

Just admit that the most bitter experience a woman will ever have is rejection from a man. You women will kill the guy if you see the opportunity. Little wonder you guys die in silence when you see a guy you admire so much because of fear of rejection.

What the OP did is best. And thats exactly what I would have done. Though in my case, I usually start avoiding the lady..because I already know how bitter she will be when she sees me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by sagaciousblog: 6:47am On Feb 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:

Brother, there is more to life than sex. A 35 yr old single lady wants more than sex bro... She never gave that vibe though. She wanted more from me, like commitment and marriage. but its all good. Its all behind me now. I wish her well still...

But Bros you're already approaching 40 o.. you should consider settling down.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 6:48am On Feb 26, 2020
Apus:

And you concluded the reason for keeping up was to flirt? What is wrong keeping up with an ex-colleague (male or female)? Remember, he never gave her that impression even as a colleague going by what he has written. It's okay if blocking him is her own way of dealing with rejection, but do not misjudge his intentions.

I'm almost in d same situation as d OP. I'm beginning to keep my distance now, before my intentions are misconstrued.
the op stated that before he left he realized she wanted to be more than friends . Now tell me why a 35 years old lady should keep male friends who are not potential suitors undecided. Infact any lady above 25 should not keep friends who are not potential suitors.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
and the lady said she doesn't want then why call her selfish? And rant about it? undecided. Or is friendship now by force?.

He even said guys should do the dumping first that's what is paining the op.

No, friendship is not by force and I totally understand the lady's position. Stop being emotional over this please... But you lots are selfish sha, just accept it.

Once something isn't tilting towards your area of satisfaction, na wahala!

I fear women ooo.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Emaprince: 6:50am On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:

He even said guys should do the dumping first that's what is paining the op.
She is very childish.
Anyway. Thats how all of you behaves. You all think you are so special that any guy you come close to must be interested in you, hence the bitter attitude you give when a man just want to keep it platonic.

Na SIMPs dey cause am sha...too much attention and validation is the reason a lady can't deal with rejection.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 26, 2020
Emaprince:
She is very childish.
Anyway. Thats how all of you behaves. You all think you are so special that any guy you come close to must be interested on you, hence the bitter attitude you give when a man just want to keep it patonic

Exactly... Can you imagine how disgusted she was? Haba... Some women can be so self-centred... shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Types Of "Lights" Ladies Show To Guys / Father Stops Son From Marrying Lady Who Also Had An Affair With Him Years Ago / Kenyan Lady Dumps Lover Because Nigerian Man Buys Girlfriend A SUV (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.