Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? (57727 Views)

She Says We're Just Friends But She Gets Jealous Over Me (Photos) / NEVER Should you settle for being Just Friends with Females. / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Prec1ous(m): 9:31am On Feb 26, 2020
ngwababe:

Guy, you bad. You know surely, how to get us. smiley

grin Do you want to be my friend?
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by JustinOwen(m): 9:33am On Feb 26, 2020
There's always a benefit attached. You have to be careful about that if you have nothing in mind.

Meanwhile, if you are looking for a side hustle or want to start earning online, there's a link in my signature that might help out. You don't have to ship and sell anything. It is for only those who are ready and determined to earn money.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Mogajunior(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2020
Simply put.. You want to eat your cake and have it. I really love ladies with high self worth for knowing that she's threading in the wrong direction and quickly making amends.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by ngwababe(f): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2020
Prec1ous:

grin Do you want to be my friend?

grin
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Prec1ous(m): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2020
ngwababe:

grin

Oya respond to my message. Since you know my secret. You are safe.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by wisdomkid: 9:59am On Feb 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:

Nutshell: Guys Be careful being just friends with a single lady of marriageable age, Her priority is to get married and not just be friends. If that’s not your intention, Bro. Help her, help yourself Cut it. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
You did the right thing.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by themaestro08(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2020
Prec1ous:
OP, get over it. I think both of you led yourself on foolishly. She was really expectant, but you goofed. She is dealing with the pseudo-rejection the best way she can, also, she is not happy to see your happy pictures. So move on.

---

The Parable of the goat and the yam in the same pen!

It has been proven countless time, that there is no sanity and clarity when a man and a women with the right amount of hormonal rush think that they can stay friends. Especially when nothing ties them together, maybe business or they are investment partners.

You can speak all the English you want to speak, but do not ever forget these...

You cannot tell your body when to and not to produce oetrogen, testosterone, dopamine and oxytocin. Nature must proceed.

This is also why you should beware of girls who claim all their friends are the opposite sex. You are been fooled!

[/b]Guys, the best way to get any girl is to be her friend but once in a while, chip in romantic talks and dirty chats but do not forget to also touch her "mistakenly" sometimes, this qualifies you as a potential romantic partner.

Do this systematically and You have already laid the ground for your impending kill.[b]

Thank you.

Doesn't applies to every lady. Some prefer you be straightforward and tell them your mind. Its better. Its either she says no or yes.

It saves time and energy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by suaveBrother(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2020
... respect to op for being focused. you stated your priorities early before any misinterpretation ...

...cutting you off social media from her part I think was not neccessary. maybe it's her way of forgetting her feelings for you ...

... out of sight out of mind or absence makes the heart grow fonder ... meself I'm confused ...
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by themaestro08(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2020
Davash222:
She blocked you cos she've realized you're not man enough. They carry food give you, you dey dodge.
It takes a second for a woman to transfer her love and affections to a man into hatred. Once you turn down their sexual advances, automatically she hates you! You were thinking marriage while the lady only wanted your dicck, Stop feeling yourself. she even blocked you shows you didn't play your game well. That's laxity on your side. Shame on you!

Shut the hell up man!... Probably the young ain't interested in that wretched pussy of hers... He needs only friendship, nothing more.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by themaestro08(m): 10:30am On Feb 26, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
[s][/s]And yet you brought it here to whine, you wouldn't do that if it isn't bothering you and you don't miss her, she did right by blocking you though, cos you keep pestering her with your constant contact[s][/s].

Another unintelligent bitch drawing conclusions on something she knew nothing about... How do you know hr is pestering her?

I wonder what you bitches feel like....

Trash.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Katier00(f): 10:41am On Feb 26, 2020
jidxin:
experience is actually the best teacher for a fool ooo
you are entitled to your opinion
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Acidosis(m): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:

Brother, there is more to life than sex. A 35 yr old single lady wants more than sex bro... She never gave that vibe though. She wanted more from me, like commitment and marriage. but its all good. Its all behind me now. I wish her well still...

She's 35? That means you're 34? And still confused as to what to do with your life?
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by oazeez1991(m): 11:54am On Feb 26, 2020
As far as I'm concern, u don't av 2 blame d lady 4 her acts. We are ol human nd our reaction 2 situation varies, most especially d female species, dey are way emotional dan we are. Dia is high tendency she wanted marriage 4rm u, albeit her age, nd since u cudn't offer it, den u av no need blaming her ova her way of cutting u off her life.

U only sound been selfish ova not considerin her feelings, but mkin ur focus be on her action (blocking u). If dat's her best way of moving on nd getin hold of herself ova d feelings she has been nursing 4 u, den it's fair on her side.

U don't smell wat u know u wudn't eat. Women nature emotionally is flexible, dey tend d love wif d whole of dia heart shud wen dey meet d man of dia dream. Our approach in tackling situation varies nd shud be understandable. It's best u respect her decision nd not blame her.

Let's even assume she only wanted 2 trap u in2 marrying her, nd since it's obvious u wudn't succumb 2 it or fall into her trap, no big deal on her part by cutting u off her life so getin 2 see u on social media won't bring back d feelings she was trying 2 lose or affect her decision of trying 2 move on.

Regardless of ur gender, we ol are prone 2 getin emotionally down nd depress in situation wia dose we love or av feelings 4 suddenly leave our life. We might be fighting d urge of moving on, but we still getting 2 be in touch wif dem or avin smtin who reminds us abt dem do mk d journey of moving on quite difficult. So, it is understandable shud we device an idea dat will help our recuperation phase, but unjust 2 criticize odaz who tend 2 use an approach different 4rm d one we use or know in our own situation.

My POV thou!

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by crackkhaus: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
why will a 35 years old lady play along with a time waster like the op? undecided.

By the way ,if you want to talk about looking like smeagol I know alot of male nairalanders that look like that but Nigerian women dey manage una like that.

Also let's not forget we are talking about the same Nigerian men that impregnate mad women roaming on the streets undecided . Stop hyping yourselves ,y'all are not all that either tongue
I have always known you have limited mental abilities because I don't see how this rant of yours is related to my comment to that other guy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
crackkhaus:

I have always known you have limited mental abilities because I don't see how this rant of yours is related to my comment to that other guy.
nobody dey agree say e shit dey smell. Go back and read what you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Xmen149(m): 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Apus:

Well, if that would save the ladies from time wasters, I'm in full support. Otherwise all kinds of friendship should be clearly defined from the onset. Our problem is we don't define or set boundaries in relationships.

you have finished work,.I decided to be reading only but this your sense brought me out

its this kind of person(op) that will be doing friend/bestie knowing fully well she had feelings for her and end up taking advantage of it under the topic "we didn't know when it happened"

it's not a crime to like someone but if the friendship is not defined (even amongst dudes) then am not doing dey your lane.

I won loud am here as I have severally,.WHEN YOU ARE LIKING SOMEONE AND GETTING TOGETHET GET IT DEFINED(eg,fuuckmate,flirt,co worker,we date 6months if we find each other worthy I come see your people etc) with the person TO AVOID ALOT OF THINGS like heartbreak,over expectations,sniping and stabbing

play boys will be like let's see how it goes or be shouting bestie and be f*ing her behind the serious boyfriend

again if ua too close to a lady and she settled for another person please terminate it,.if she needs help let her talk to a counsellor,once she starts confiding in you instead of her husband it's only a matter of time b4 you start f*ing her or mess up her marriage by proxy

getting mushy mushy with serious people is a risky game people should be sure b4 they play

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by crackkhaus: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
nobody dey agree say e shit dey smell. Go back and read what you wrote.
Perhaps you're the one who should go back to read my comment, then tell me exactly what was in there that made you type that incoherent rant-filled response about Nairaland guys, or men who impregnate mad women, or men who you think are feeling themselves.

Are you okay at all?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
crackkhaus:

Perhaps you're the one who should go back to read my comment, then tell me exactly what was in there that made you type that incoherent rant-filled response about Nairaland guys, or men who impregnate mad women, or men who you think are feeling themselves.

Are you okay at all?
I should be asking you if you are cos I don't even see why you had to say Nigerian ladies look like smeagol your head dey touch angry angry angry.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by crackkhaus: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
I should be asking you if you are cos I don't even see why you had to say Nigerian ladies look like smeagol your head dey touch angry angry angry.
I don't remember typing that, but let's assume I did, are you the appointed spokesperson who rants on behalf of all Smeagol-looking women?
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
crackkhaus:

I don't remember typing that, but let's assume I did, are you the appointed spokesperson who rants on behalf of all Smeagol-looking women?
you don't remember typing that grin grin but the comment is still there na, now it's my turn to ask if you are ok at all? tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Apus: 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Xmen149:

you have finished work,.I decided to be reading only but this your sense brought me out

its this kind of person(op) that will be doing friend/bestie knowing fully well she had feelings for her and end up taking advantage of it under the topic "we didn't know when it happened"

it's not a crime to like someone but if the friendship is not defined (even amongst dudes) then am not doing dey your lane.

I won loud am here as I have severally,.WHEN YOU ARE LIKING SOMEONE AND GETTING TOGETHET GET IT DEFINED(eg,fuuckmate,flirt,co worker,we date 6months if we find each other worthy I come see your people etc) with the person TO AVOID ALOT OF THINGS like heartbreak,over expectations,sniping and stabbing

play boys will be like let's see how it goes or be shouting bestie and be f*ing her behind the serious boyfriend

again if ua too close to a lady and she settled for another person please terminate it,.if she needs help let her talk to a counsellor,once she starts confiding in you instead of her husband it's only a matter of time b4 you start f*ing her or mess up her marriage by proxy

getting mushy mushy with serious people is a risky game people should be sure b4 they play

Thank you sir!

I even love how you put it in context. Couldn't have said it better. Let those who have ears hear....

Bless you sir!!
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by crackkhaus: 12:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
you don't remember typing that grin grin but the comment is still there na, now it's my turn to ask if you are ok at all? tongue
Don't be dense.

I know what I typed, I'm saying that your interpretation of it is not what was written. You can go quote the post again, then highlight where I stated Nigerian women look like smeagol.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Switch07(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
eduman365:

Hey, hey, hey, Wait a minute! What did I just read? cheesy grin

Aunty, what happened? Is something else involved ni?

Flirt, travel out, time waster, IVF... What's all that?!

The guy wanted to be friends!!! Friends!!! Is that a crime? Everybody must marry you because you are ready and time is running out? Please what happened when you guys were selecting guys and some were dating sugar daddies in your early 20s?

So it's the innocent guy that should now change his plans from friendship to marriage, just like that!!! That's a very callous way of thinking...

So selfish of her when I saw the comment I didn't want to say anything before she start trolling insult they were just friends nothing more
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by stormborn28(m): 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
xendra:
it Is hardly ever healthy, if you don't have problems with the said lady (maybe because she wants more and you don't); you soon have problems with your lady whenever she finds out about her. (nobody ever really believes its possible to want such a relationship without wanting something more sooner or later)

hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
crackkhaus:

Don't be dense.

I know what I typed, I'm saying that your interpretation of it is not what was written. You can go quote the post again, then highlight where I stated Nigerian women look like smeagol.
my friend you better shut up if you don't know what you wrote then go have your brain checked.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by crackkhaus: 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
my friend you better shut up if you don't know what you wrote then go have your brain checked.
I am not your friend, and you must never quote me again to rant about your insecurities when no one is talking to you.

Reptile...

4 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Switch07:

So selfish of her when I saw the comment I didn't want to say anything before she start trolling insult they were just friends nothing more
I think she got emotional cos she has probably been thru something similar, that was why I didn't apply aggression in my response as well.

Las las, na woman we go all marry, but make dem no rush us. That wonderful life they all want is what we are all working hard to give them, the future kids and ourselves. A marriage without happiness and wealth is a boring marriage. I hope they'll understand that life's timetable isn't fixed by anyone but God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Ladycewhy(f): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
crackkhaus:

I am not your friend, and you must never quote me again to rant about your insecurities when no one is talking to you.

Reptile...
I will quote you when I like,if you don't want, deactivate.

Aquatic animal grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by golddeejay(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Prec1ous:
OP, get over it. I think both of you led yourself on foolishly. She was really expectant, but you goofed. She is dealing with the pseudo-rejection the best way she can, also, she is not happy to see your happy pictures. So move on.

---

The Parable of the goat and the yam in the same pen!

It has been proven countless time, that there is no sanity and clarity when a man and a women with the right amount of hormonal rush think that they can stay friends. Especially when nothing ties them together, maybe business or they are investment partners.

You can speak all the English you want to speak, but do not ever forget these...

You cannot tell your body when to and not to produce oetrogen, testosterone, dopamine and oxytocin. Nature must proceed.

This is also why you should beware of girls who claim all their friends are the opposite sex. You are been fooled!

Guys, the best way to get any girl is to be her friend but once in a while, chip in romantic talks and dirty chats but do not forget to also touch her "mistakenly" sometimes, this qualifies you as a potential romantic partner.

Do this systematically and You have already laid the ground for your impending kill.

Thank you.
I always wonder how people keep ladies they are interested in as friends. It is you are a potential kill or not. I have blocked some some girls on social media and moved on, some of my friends think i am impatient and weird. I am of the thinking if i have a slim chance, you are not the girl for me or you are strongly with someone else, there is no need keeping you around and hoping.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by jidxin(m): 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
Katier00:
you are entitled to your opinion
its not my opinion that's the full version. We usually omit that part
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by DedeNkem: 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
Is marriage a must? So a man and a woman can't have intimate relationship without it ending
into marriage?

She probably wanted a boyfriend she could f*uck whenever she wants. That she has reached marriageable age doesn't mean she wants to marry you!

Guy, you be maga o! Why should she maintain contact with a loser? She has moved on!
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by IWillSueYou(m): 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Looking at it objectively with no female bias, she did the right thing. Is self-centeredness a bad thing? No. If you didn't want to commit, she has to move on. She cannot compartmentalize at this point, because she only gets hurt emotionally. She's already acknowledge she's not getting what she wants from the "friendship" which is heading nowhere, so why are you angry?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Judge Me, My Conscience Is Troubled / Man Bails Out On Bills After His Date Came With Her 3 Kids (pics/video) / My Ex Wants Us To Be Having Sex Few Weeks After Her Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.