Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me (19807 Views)

My Wife Has Set A Timetable For Sex For Me. What Do I Do? / Sucking vagina Has Landed Me Into Problems / Sex With My Sugar Mummy Has Landed Me In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Impostor: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hello NLders

I just want to share my experience. I want people to learn from others.

So recently I started dating and meeting women with the mindset of getting married as everyone around me keep shouting that I am getting overripe. Some are even wondering if everything is ok downstairs lol. How can you not be married up till now? You know those types of comments. But how could I have gotten married when unemployment no release me until 36? Nigeria is something else. It was at that age that I finally landed a decent job. I am even lucky to be where I am now.

So many youths are underemployed/under paid. Less than a month ago, a good friend who is also my course mate messaged me to express his frustration at teaching somewhere for 50k and he said he's now ready to make money anyhow even if it will take someone's blood grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin. It's just a threat out of frustration.

The problem now is that I don't know if there are still good women like our mothers in this country. I have met so many young girls that I have stopped trying, the quest and hunger of these girls for money is just too much.

You are unemployed and you want me to buy you an iPhone of 150,000 Naira and she was making so much noise about it. Meanwhile I use a phone of 30k lol. Almost all the ladies I am meeting are unemployed and expensive. I met one girl awaiting NYSC, she told me straight up, that I will have to be taking care of her, that she's tired of dating broke guys so she has decided that any man she wants to date will have to be responsible for her completely. It sounded like a transaction. Though she's a very pretty, tall girl but I am not even after all those facial beauty.

Another lady told me she has half of her rent and she's looking for the remaining half. The stories are so many, I could write a book with them. I don't even know how to get working class ladies. But I have now realized that Nigerian ladies are not even the problem, it's the economy. Many young ladies are struggling just like guys and the only way they can meet up with their bills is by dating 3/4 guys.

Advise from my experience.

After my NYSC, over 10 years ago, I had this mind set that I won't get married without a job or funds to take proper care of my family. I think that mindset MAY be wrong, so many people still think this way.

I will advise you look at it again because it may take you 15/20 years after University to become comfortable (not your portion). Let me be sincere with you, this Nigeria is getting worse by the day especially with the type of leaders we have, who think only of themselves and their families/tribe.

For example, you can see for yourself what is happening with the outbreak of Corona Virus in the country. After 2 infection, people started advising that we should stop foreign flights, they refused until so many infected people got into the country, now they are running up&down. If we are lucky to get good leaders after now, it may take another 30 years of continuous good leadership to save Nigeria.

My advise is that after your NYSC, if you have a supportive family and a good/understanding girl friend, just marry her and start your family. You two will Hussle together and God will bless your hustle. You may ask why? Because most people finish around 25. If it takes you 10 years to become stable and get married, if you are lucky, you will have your first child at 36, 37. By the time you are 50, your child will be in junior secondary.

Be wise money is not everything.

153 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by namiji2598: 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
I read through the thread, It's quite nice and I agree with you sir

But as for me am not settling down until I am financially stable, even If its gonna be 10 years later because I passed out last year

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by WhatIf: 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
Another man food is another man poison.

I don't have a job when I met my wife, I am a hustler when I gave birth to my first daughter and my second son. Still, up till now, I don't have a stable job, my first daughter will sit for her W.A.E.C this year in one of the best private secondary school in Ijebu-Ode. What If I tell you I am living in my own house, will you believe?
What pains me most is that I got this knowledge very late, but All glory be to God.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Skmoda360(m): 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
namiji2598:

But as for me am not settling down until I am financially stable, even If its gonna be 10 years later because I passed out last year
review your post bro undecided

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Lightangel65: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
You guys come and blab yet you still date the same girls

10 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by slan87(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Only those who can think very deep will understand what the msg is all about, I concur with you OP. Things get better with time

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Typing......
Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by daddytime(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2020
Money wey dem take dey raise family dem no dey save am put for one corner oh.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Hugo55(m): 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
And am 36 no better job, no girlfriend, socially awkward. what a life.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Okoroawusa: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
WhatIf:

I don't have a job when I met my wife, I am a hustler when I gave birth to my first daughter and my second son. Still, up till now, I don't have a stable job, my first daughter will sit for her W.A.E.C this year in one of the best private secondary school in Ijebu-Ode. What If I tell you I am living in my own house, will you believe?
What pains me most is that I got this knowledge very late, but All glory be to God.
In as much as I am not against marriage then hustle n take care of the kids, you ended up not offering this young man any advice or explain how you have been able to maintain a family for many years despite not having a steady job nor how your daughter ended up attending the best private secondary schools in Ijebu-Ode.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by vickydevoka(m): 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2020
Impostor:
Hello NLders

So recently I started dating and meeting women with the mindset of getting married as everyone around me keep shouting that I am getting overripe. Some are even wondering if everything is ok downstairs lol. How can you not be married up till now? You know those types of comments. But how could I have gotten married when unemployment no release me until 36? Nigeria is something else. It was at that age that I finally landed a decent job. I am even lucky to be where I am now.

So many youths are underemployed/under paid. Less than a month ago, a good friend who is also my course mate messaged me to express his frustration at teaching somewhere for 50k and he said he's now ready to make money anyhow even if it will take someone's blood grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin. It's just a threat out of frustration.

The problem now is that I don't know if there are still good women like our mothers in this country. I have met so many young girls that I have stopped trying, the quest and hunger of these girls for money is just too much.

You are unemployed and you want me to buy you an iPhone of 150,000 Naira and she was making so much noise about it. Meanwhile I use a phone of 30k lol. Almost all the ladies I am meeting are unemployed and expensive. I met one girl awaiting NYSC, she told me straight up, that I will have to be taking care of her, that she's tired of dating broke guys so she has decided that any man she wants to date will have to be responsible for her completely. It sounded like a transaction. Though she's a very pretty, tall girl but I am not even after all those facial beauty.

Another lady told me she has half of her rent and she's looking for the remaining half. The stories are so many, I could write a book with them. I don't even know how to get working class ladies. But I have now realized that Nigerian ladies are not even the problem, it's the economy. Many young ladies are struggling just like guys and the only way they can meet up with their bills is by dating 3/4 guys.

After my NYSC, over 10 years ago, I had this mind set that I won't get married without a job or funds to take proper care of my family. I think that mindset MAY be wrong, so many people still think this way.

I will advise you look at it again because it may take you 15/20 years after University to become comfortable (not your portion). Let me be sincere with you, this Nigeria is getting worse by the day especially with the type of leaders we have, who think only of themselves and their families/tribe.

For example, you can see for yourself what is happening with the outbreak of Corona Virus in the country. After 2 infection, people started advising that we should stop foreign flights, they refused until so many infected people got into the country, now they are running up&down. If we are lucky to get good leaders after now, it may take another 30 years of continuous good leadership to save Nigeria.

My advise is that after your NYSC, if you have a supportive family and a good/understanding girl friend, just marry her and start your family. You two will Hussle together and God will bless your hustle. You may ask why? Because most people finish around 25. If it takes you 10 years to become stable and get married, if you are lucky, you will have your first child at 36, 37. By the time you are 50, your child will be in junior secondary.

By the time you get married at 38
My own problem is different. I handles my dad business since de are old , I have money buh I can't marry bcus it's my dad's shop. Old men don't play with their money n property de even need money all de tym for burial n medical bills.
N for me to start a lucrative business I need enough capital to buy off a good position

4 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by WhatIf: 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
Okoroawusa:

In as much as I am not against marriage then hustle n take care of the kids, you ended up not offering this young man any advice or explain how you have been able to maintain a family for many years despite not having a steady job nor how your daughter ended up attending the best private secondary schools in Ijebu-Ode.

Let him set his priority right! There is no man that don't make money! No matter how little the money is!

3 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by dammywapes(m): 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
I b 27yrs i go pass out from nysc by june.... so far he no easy. I have a good partner but kna money b koko to settle down now

1 Like

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Impostor: 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
WhatIf:

That's what we are talking about, at 38, If I had gotten married at 28, my child will be 10 now. I commend your boldness to have started a family. If you wait till you are comfortable, before you realize that this country is sick, time would have passed.

12 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Impostor: 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
namiji2598:

I pray you don't wait for too long. Thousands of people graduate every year in this country, NO JOBS for them, no loan to start business. I STRONGLY ADVISE ALL YOUNGER GUYS TO DO THE NEEDFUL NOW. This country will delay you, if you wait.

7 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Angelacruz: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
Informative

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by WhatIf: 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Impostor:

That's what we are talking about, at 38, If I had gotten married at 28, my child will be 10 now. I commend your boldness to have started a family. If you wait till you are comfortable, before you realize that this country is sick, time would have passed.

Bros, when I realised it won't be roses, I have to quickly change my mind and look for a beautiful lady and at 33, I have my first child.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by generationz(f): 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2020
Impostor:
Hello NLders

By the time you get married at 38

So, you mean to tell me that where you work, there are no single working class ladies willing to settle down abi?

6 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Impostor: 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2020
vickydevoka:

My own problem is different. I handles my dad business since de are old , I have money buh I can't marry bcus it's my dad's shop. Old men don't play with their money n property de even need money all de tym for burial n medical bills.
N for me to start a lucrative business I need enough capital to buy off a good position

You can start from there, you have a place where you are making enough to feed a family. You don't need to wait for one capital. For how long will you wait? The earlier we realize the direction of this country, the better

1 Like

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Impostor: 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2020
generationz:

So, you mean to tell me that where you work, there are no single working class ladies willing to settle down abi?

They are mostly married except for a few corpers serving there

1 Like

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by nazablossom(f): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Look for already working ladies now. They plenty wey dey find husband. Some are even ready to share bills with any man that is down for marriage.

8 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Ballary(m): 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
This is really an inspiring post, getting married earlier is the best, but how many women do you think will settle for a struggling or broke guy.

To raise a family is not really easy in this present naija, only very few decent girls can cope with a struggling guy, l'm in my late twenties,I really want to get married at least by 30.

But the way things are going,it will be really difficult,to even get an understanding babe is also a major issue.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by 24kmagic: 2:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
[/quote][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][quote author=Impostor post=87664228]

OP, if you know such type of girl who is in her early twenties, pm me. I will just date her for six months before doing the needful lol.

E be like say OP never know the situation weh we de face with 9ja girls.

9ja girls? Just forget.

If you no get money, ordinary greeting you no go see for road collect.

Me as I de like this, I just de pray make hustle pay.

If you don't have a job, you don't know how useless and irritating you look to a Nigerian girl.
If you don't have a source of income, just respect yourself and remain single.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Kobicove(m): 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Impostor:
Hello NLders

So recently I started...

The main reason why you're ending up with mainly gold digging hungry girls I cos you're just looking for ladies who look like Barbie dolls! undecided

20 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Okoroawusa: 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
WhatIf:

Let him set his priority right! There is no man that don't make money! No matter how little the money is!
Now you r talking
Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Impostor: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2020
24kmagic:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

OP, if you know such type of girl who is in her early twenties, pm me. I will just date her for six months before doing the needful lol.

E be like say OP never know the situation weh we de face with 9ja girls.

9ja girls? Just forget.

If you no get money, ordinary greeting you no go see for road collect.

Me as I de like this, I just de pray make hustle pay.

If you don't have a job, you don't know how useless and irritating you look to a Nigerian girl.
If you don't have a source of income, just respect yourself and remain single.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin you are indirectly saying all Naija girls are greedy for money. I don't completely agree because while I was unemployed, I had one/two loyal girls (they married with kids now). They are there, you just have to keep looking, like I am. Besides, these girls are also broke like most guys so they have device a means of living comfortably by living on multiple guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Impostor: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
nazablossom:
Look for already working ladies now. They plenty wey dey find husband. Some are even ready to share bills with any man that is down for marriage.

Agreed, but in a population with mass unemployment, you are more likely to run into an unemployed lady than employed one. If you randomly meet someone on the streets, she's more likely to be unemployed. Even the churches are the same.

6 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by unibenakpos(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
in Africa the goal is to get married and raise kids, we want to be 38 when our children are leaving the university. As for me, I'm too patient to run into anything i cant afford, i wont get married until i can afford to do so simple. I'm even eyeing age 40 for marriage

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by MhizJoyce(f): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
generationz:

Where he works? You expect him to mix business with pleasure abi? I'm a man like him and I won't advise him to do such.

3 Likes

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by Gandollaar(f): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
WhatIf:

Bros, when I realised it won't be roses, I have to quickly change my mind and look for a beautiful lady and at 33, I have my first child.
A beautiful rich lady you mean?
Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by ichidodo: 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
gut

1 Like

Re: Help, See Where My Search For A Wife Has Landed Me by WhatIf: 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
Gandollaar:
A beautiful rich lady you mean?

I saw her when she 18, trained her on Desktop publishing, and I thank God, the rest is an history.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kayanmata And Kayanmaza.. Sexual Wellness For Both Men And Women.. / Girls: What Attracts You The Most In Boys? / O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.