Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106132 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Sotland: 10:21am On Apr 02, 2020
Activeman391:

Oga it's people like u that will refuse to give ur neighbor food even if he comes to beg. Let me ask u how many people around u have u helped since this lockdown started.Ur heart is made of stone and certainly do not care about other people dying of hunger simply because u want to keep your head safe from covid 19 virus. Death is Death whether thru virus or hunger .there is no such thing as better death. Since the govts have failed in thier part do not Blame the poor if they choose to take their chances out there while running from hunger cos both kills.

You don't know me and so have no right to split nonesense from your mouth.. If you need help declare it here... Stop been ignorance and help Nigeria stop the foreseen outburst of this epidemic... We don't have to suffer because of the likes of you that exhibit ignorance ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by IMASTEX: 10:21am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.
Are you for real calling a hungry man stupid? It is now we will all really know the level of poverty facing the country and what hunger is capable of. We all should be calling on the good for nothing leaders who know nothing but stealing. It was quick to copy stay at home but forgot the adequate packages due to greed. It costs me an inflated price to stock the house and still spending on generating power to be comfortable at home. But the same can't be said for everyone, as a large number of the population survive on daily hustle. How long can they stay without food even you? For me, it will be the final conclusion on Nigeria as a country if things remained same after this whole saga because those badly affected are still the same people who sell their votes for #500 to those beast. And are always available to protest in support of bad deeds for just #100 mobilization. But for the now, it is good to face the right person to do what is right?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by chukzie2002: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
People are just anxious to die.

Even the protest aids transmission of the virus.

In the quest to keep them safe, they still revolting.

Because you get food to eat
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by sweetrace(f): 10:22am On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

Because you've got comfort right?
So, others should just stay home and die?!
common!

What kind of ignorant talk is this? To manage themselves for to weeks so that Coronavirus can be curbed is now a big deal to some of you. Why do most Nigerians think with their bellies and not their brains? S group of people without any foresight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by chukzie2002: 10:24am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Then you chose hunger to kill than covid 19......hunger death is self made why Corona virus is man made choose for yourself
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 02, 2020
pawesome:
my comments are as stupid as you

You have quoted nothing less than 5 people on this thread saying, Hunger has never killed anybody in Nigeria.

I pity the parents that gave birth to you.

Go and look for your brains.

Maybe it has been sold for a pittance.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Felicity0001: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2020
taibat61:

I heard Davido came back from US while Chioma came back from U.K

I may be wrong....all these elite brought d virus upon us via migration 2 d country
My point exactly. Reason for their delay in shutting down all borders because had they done when the out cry was loud their family members wouldn't have been able to return and possibly die abroad.

But now see where that has lead us to. Even if they say sit at home for a hundred years these people will have no reason to be hungry only the poor masses will suffer.

If our politicians dont learn let them learn from Ukraine, Somalia and other countries that had all the citizens they want to govern at all cost killed leaving them with no one to govern over again.

If this disease kills the poor in the society who will they rule over after a cure is found?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Pacesetter123(m): 10:27am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
see dying of the virus can be a little bit understandable given the fact that you have little or no control over it especially staying in a third world nation like Nigeria. On the other hand dying of hunger is so bad and the pain won't just go away even after death lol knowing fully well you have hands, you can bustle and put food on the table but here you are tied to a corner and you are hungry, pls am going out the the virus can do whatever it feels like nonsense.
grin grin
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Dansuqi: 10:28am On Apr 02, 2020
sweetrace:

What kind of ignorant talk is this? To manage themselves for to weeks so that Coronavirus can be curbed is now a big deal to some of you. Why do most Nigerians think with their bellies and not their brains? S group of people without any foresight.
My dear i tire oh.nigerians are too scared of hunger.when they contact the virus,they wont feel like eating

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Cantonese: 10:29am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
Oh so you prefer they die of hunger abi?
And you prefer to die speedily of a virus without remedy?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by stillmee(m): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Okay Oga.

Go and protest.

Our values in life are different.

The likes of you are the reason we are in this mess, 9ja pretending as if all is okay (suffering & Smiling). Locking down without proper cushion measures and mass testing wouldn't work.
Don't worry huh you will soon understand by the time those "hungry" people burst your domain and took that which you kept to survive, that scales will fall from your eyes.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2020
Steewpid fools
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by olaolaking: 10:32am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
see dying of the virus can be a little bit understandable given the fact that you have little or no control over it especially staying in a third world nation like Nigeria. On the other hand dying of hunger is so bad and the pain won't just go away even after death lol knowing fully well you have hands, you can bustle and put food on the table but here you are tied to a corner and you are hungry, pls am going out the the virus can do whatever it feels like nonsense.
Italy records average of 800 deaths every day and you want us to suffer such? It will be more devastating in our case at the level will operate.

If that thing can get to the poor man, who will not have access to tests and others, forget

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by pawesome(m): 10:34am On Apr 02, 2020
Naughtysite:

You have quoted nothing less than 5 people on this thread saying, Hunger has never killed anybody in Nigeria.

I pity the parents that gave birth to you.

Go and look for your brains.

Maybe it has been sold for a pittance.
I pity the parents that gave birth to you too...after you done looking for yours,then we will look for mine and believe me it will be sold at a more better price than. yours
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
God bless you too much sense

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by doublecross(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

why are you sounding like an slowpoke right now! You have everything to stay at home but do you know what others are passing through? Stop suspending your brain please
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by geosegun(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2020
That is Africa for us especially Nigerians, all they think about is stomach infrastructure, funny enough most that are complaining here are still being fed by either their parents or grandparents. very stubborn, ignorant and too know people. Stay at home for 2 weeks then you have your life back, nay they start shouting hunger after 1 day. Most are not ready to pay the price of success but want to succeed. Bunch of deceitful and greedy people.

Nigerians are more difficult to lead than even the Israelite of old. If you think those Israelite (during the time of Moses) are ungrateful, then try most Nigerians. You want to leave them to their fate, they complain. Try save their lives, they complain even more.

We greatly reflect and deserve the kind of leaders that we have in the blessed Nation called Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Pacesetter123(m): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2020
yenereal:

Na today? Getting to 2yrs
Ohhhh,my heart felt sympathy.No wonder I av not been seeing his post again...ooo!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by yaki84: 10:37am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!
Because u r opportune doesn't mean others are.
Because u had money to stock up cupboard doesn't mean others do.
Am a graduate of Marine biology, no job but am doing laundry n dry cleaning to keep self busy, since the lock down people don't bring nor come for clothes cos they have no where to go. Some that r owing are managing the little they have n can't pay their debt.
As am talking am down with nothing cos i paid my house rentJust 2weeks ago.
Am not on govt payroll so u should understand how people like us are going thru this period without govt assistance.
Price of commodity now has hit the roof top.......
Bros when u see people react just look and pass don't think it's rosy with everybody

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by doublecross(m): 10:40am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!
you are a goat! Go take a look at canada and the united states. Listen let the people protest! If it leads to the further spread of the disease then let everyone die from it including you and the crazy politicians you are backing up. We can't continue to be tormented

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by doublecross(m): 10:43am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Okay Oga.

Go and protest.

Our values in life are different.

may thunder strike you and your household dead for these stupid comments
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Mikefame(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Shut ur pussy mouth bitch
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by BreconHills(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
Oh so you prefer they die of hunger abi?

Shops and markets are open. Light has not just become bad. People keep talking about inconveniences and saying that government must solve all their problems are simply suffering from entitlement and the collapse of community. In my area poor people are coming together to disinfect their houses, make food etc. More wealthy are pooling cars for food buying runs. Maybe after this Nigerians will realize the importance of savings. My carpenter has three wives, the painter round the corner dates innumerable agbo and bread sellers plus his wife. All of them attend owambe parties. Nigerian society will be recalibrated after this experience.

The idea that government will solve all problems we have had all our lives simply because they asked us to stay home is rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ussy09(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2020
Hmm too bad even the carrier of the virus that is among them now will be shouting on top of his voice spreading d virus wide n far, our government y did u allow it get to this stage
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Joban2006: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

The government did not plan for them.
So all die na die, you stay at home hungry you die you go out catch coro virus you die .
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ussy09(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2020
Hmm too bad even the carrier of the virus that is among them now will be shouting on top of his voice spreading d virus wide n far, our government y did u allow it get to this stage?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Starz825(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Oga forget the transmission of the virus wey u dey talk...hunger virus bad pass Corona virus...see uu...who tell u say Corona virus na death sentence..u no just chop for two weeks and see wetin hunger go do u....
The only thing they need to put on na hand gloves and nose mask during the protest
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by papae1(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Give them food and see if they will not stay at home
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by 989900: 10:50am On Apr 02, 2020
geosegun:
That is Africa for us especially Nigerians, all they think about is stomach infrastructure, funny enough most that are complaining here are still being fed by either their parents or grandparents. very stubborn, ignorant and too know people. Stay at home for 2 weeks then you have your life back, nay they start shouting hunger after 1 day. Most are not ready to pay the price of success but want to succeed. Bunch of deceitful and greedy people.

Nigerians are more difficult to lead than even the Israelite of old. If you think those Israelite (during the time of Moses) are ungrateful, then try most Nigerians. You want to leave them to their fate, they complain. Try save their lives, they complain even more.

We greatly reflect and deserve the kind of leaders that we have in the blessed Nation called Nigeria.

Exactly!
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by hantey: 10:53am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=CoronaVirusRelo post=88008064]

Something must kill a man. [/quote
]do you people actually think Nigeria govt is actually doing anything to curb this corona virus ?if corona virus is truly in Nigeria as in other countries like Italy, then I don't think we are save at all .even in your house you might end up dying.
you think this hunger thing is a joke, well thank God for provision. if hunger catch you, you will prefer to go on the street and protest than staying in the closet avoiding corona.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by gloriana(f): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Your speech no make sense at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.