Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106115 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by friday2011(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.

Guy, just keep quiet... You have enough to carry you or you don't leave in lagos, abuja or ogun state...

What is happening right now should be a wake up call to all Nigerians that our government both past and present has failed...

The rot in the system has been brought to the open expecially in the health sector, we are doing copy copy like other developed countries with lockdown but we are not able to provide same relief materials,

The truth is if you are in there shoes, you will do worse, the best you can do is keep quiet and enjoy yourself, may you not experience what the less privilege are passing through, that your mouth running like tap no go fit open.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by lexxyrule(m): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

Where is Sowore when you need him.

Where were black monkeys when he needed them from prison? Ordinary protest he cannot
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Sotland: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
Oh so you prefer they die of hunger abi?

Die in which hunger? Even if you give Nigerians 1 month notice to lock down;still a lot of people will cry of hunger.. Did this so called hunger starts today or yesterday? The same negligence by the govt and ignorance of the people led countries like Italy,UK, US and Spain in the state of emergency that they are.. Are we waiting till there is an outburst of this epidemic in Nigeria before we believe it is real and in the country??

Did you get to read or listen to BBC, CNN or ALJ news? 500+ dies daily in UK, 700+ in Spain just yesterday and 800+ in Italy. These are countries where there is an outbreak. Now is this what we are waiting to see happen in Nigeria? Is it until then that people will believe its happening and stay put at home? I almost shed tears yesterday whilst sitting in front of my TV and watching news hour..

A lot of people claim Nigeria weather is too hot for covid-19. Is our weather hotter than Dubia? Yet dubia shut down economy activities and also observe sit@home. Is our weather hotter than Saudi? Yet even mecca was shut down... Religious fanatics in Nigeria choose to remain clueless and blindfolded. Even Vatican shut down.

Hungry didn't start today, it won't end tomorrow. There must be the poor among us. Yes, the system did subject us to the lifestyle suffering and smiling, as well as that of survival of the fittest as if we are in the wildlife..lol..

The government took a perfect measure..hunger/starvation for two weeks won't kill anyone..if so be it that hunger strikes, let them ask neighbours for aid.. This is the time of helping .

I am not in support of people of ignorance who choose not to adhere to this measure of sit at home. We are stiffneck people in this nation.

Let us pray for God to heal our Land and the World at large.. We should make a hay while the shine.. #STAY@HOME #HUNGERDON'TKILL #HUNGERNOBETODAY ..

SOTY

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by toprealman: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2020
People should learn to plan ahead. Trust me,tell these same set of protesters to prepare for a lockdown by this time in 2040, they will still complain that you didn't give them ENOUGH time to prepare.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Lavisha(f): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2020
ivolt:

Online warriors. How will you even survive without the internet?
Ask your mother.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2020
may God help us
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by dazzlingd(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.

Do u know our population and resources available that you want government to provide food for every household....?? Speak reality
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Hypocrit: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:

funny thing is that I didn't even press the report button grin because on a normal non corona day, you for collect... now you a crying lol
you don't know me. Me Shaken? I laugh you.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by saaron(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2020
African govts especially the regime in Nigeria are just bunch of confused illitrates. Do they in their wilderst imagination think total lock down for weeks is possible in a poverty ridden continent? Not possible.
Lock downs are for developed countries, not developing countries. Developed countries have the means, resources and infrastructure to keep citizens at home for months. What infrastructure and resources do developing countries have? You tell people that (barely make a dollar daily) live base on hand to mouth to stay at home and you think they'll not complain?
Like someone rightly said, the best African govts should have done is declare holidays with salaries for civil servants and cancel all govt functions, to ease traffic and prevent large gatherings. Then allow markets to open for certain periods say 8:00am to 4:00pm, for bussiness activities to flow.
Issuing lock down orders on a continent where 80 percent of the population make their little income on a daily bases is nothing but a dead sentence. It will never work.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by dazzlingd(m): 9:22am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
Oh so you prefer they die of hunger abi?

Who have u known that has died of hunger!
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Hypocrit: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2020
Meeyankee:

YOU ARE A CAPITAL FOOL
a Bogus self. As if the government have a good name before.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2020
judgementyard:

Pls read what you wrote again.How can I hungry person find something to eat while there are no economic activity taking place?
Do you Know that there are people that eat by what they make in a day?
Well the truth is that a hungry man is an angry man and soon the 'have not ' will take by force from those that 'have'
You are right sir. Crime will soon skyrocket if care is not taken. And this will give rise to lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by jonadaft: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Okay Oga.

Go and protest.

Our values in life are different.

You need brain surgery...
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Farki: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2020
ivolt:

The news is fake.

And how did Julius Caesar end?
He was brutally murdered by the well-fed.

Do you have news to the contrary?

It's like you missed the point of what Ceaser is try to say, when you leave the citizens with nothing they will violently revolt because they have nothing left to lose. If you don't believe me just look at what happened to the French and Russian royal families.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by onatisi(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2020
dazzlingd:

Do u know our population and resources available that you want government to provide food for every household....?? Speak reality
Please read my post and point out where I said the Nigeria government should provide food for ppl during the lockdown. Just read my post again and point it out

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by AjayOfficial(m): 9:25am On Apr 02, 2020
judgementyard:

My brother I tire oh!
Ordinary electricity they can't even supply!
The revolution will be televised!

My brother I feel the pain of the people but it is a sacrifice we all have to make,bros most of dis people shouting hunger hunger they still have food in d house and truth be told I have never seen who hunger killed before in dis country,even the almajiris, street beggars,orphans,homeless and what have u .all find a way to eat daily,my brother LOCKDOWN is the best way to curb an uncontrollable breakout that even food and money will not solve,bros let us learn lessons from Italy and stay at home to minimize communal transmission,we will win this war eventually and we will all be fine

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by BIAFRAisBURIED: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2020
oldtruth:

You see every country is suffering from this and they are trying to manage it. Every country also have something lined up for their citizens to cushion the effect of this lockdown.

How can Nigerian government says her concern is the poorest of the poor? What about the poor? Who will help them?

See, help everyone because as far as I am concern there are no longer middle class in Nigeria. You are either rich or poor. Help everyone. Read someone tried to drown in Osun state because of hunger. Is that not pathethic?

One thing must kill a man and if COVID 19 no kill them, hunger will. Why then stay indoors when the same government can quarantine you with good food once you are infected.

I am not supporting riots but let everyone take up it's responsibility. This is the right time to do things right and not for embezzlement or abuse of right.

The Nigerian people deserves the basic amenities. It's their right

Yes, it is the right of everyone to have the essentials but I don't trust this governement to be sincere in the disbursement of the relief packages particularly to the masses. No data of all the masses. Because of this, there will be a massive corruption. Instead of the rich in the society to donate billions to the government which we won't see the impact of these billions, I support the rich in each state, community and street to contribute practically and positively to their immediate neighbours and people of the community and state. In fact, not only the rich, even the middle class income earners should help their neghbours too. The rich in this context, is the one that has and gives to those that don't have.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Stillthebest: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.
kiss
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Hypocrit: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2020
sallyopy:
can u now see that we are the problem of our own country not d government
Another slow mumu spoted.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by oluwaleinad(m): 9:26am On Apr 02, 2020
this shii is seriously serious now
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ArchAngelos999: 9:27am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
People are just anxious to die.

Even the protest aids transmission of the virus.

In the quest to keep them safe, they still revolting.

instead of you to say government should provide palliatives for the people to enable them stay home you are spewing gutter from your mouth. will Hunger not immobilize you faster than covid-19?

Abi you're seeking attention
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Smif(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2020
Las las we go occupy shop rite n any big shop we dey near by... Huncle hunger no fit fear hanty corona na
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by felixedet(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2020
sammyj:
This is a tale of if COVID 19 does not kill someone then hunger will do it. This government is extremely wicked and selfish. Imagine giving out money to the extremely poor people and how will this be determined?

is no longer prominent in nairaland at a time like this: to praise his beloved darling Daddy Buhari. For all the kind hearted top notch measures that's in place for Nigerians as we speak.

Nairaland as an entity must be seen to be an un-ambiguous entity........

The playing field must be level at all times..........
Where is that cow seller?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Ebeano49(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2020
You can't tell a hungry man, who depends on daily hustle to survive, to sit-at-home without taking care of his sustenance.
He basically has to options: Sit-at-home and die of hunger or risk going out and [b]potentially [/b]die of the virus.

Logically, the choice is a simple.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Oladayo12(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2020
friday2011:

Guy, just keep quiet... You have enough to carry you or you don't leave in lagos, abuja or ogun state...

What is happening right now should be a wake up call to all Nigerians that our government both past and present has failed...

The rot in the system has been brought to the open expecially in the health sector, we are doing copy copy like other developed countries with lockdown but we are not able to provide same relief materials,

The truth is if you are in there shoes, you will do worse, the best you can do is keep quiet and enjoy yourself, may you not experience what the less privilege are passing through, that your mouth running like tap no go fit open.
Lolz.. see as you nailed the lad
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 02, 2020
Hunger is real oh!.
I used to think that hunger can't kill until I had a bitter experience.
It was a Thursday night, virtually every student in my hostel had gone home.I had about 1,200 in cash and exactly 12,405 in my student account.My plan was to feed myself with the 1,200 up until friday morning, to withdraw more funds in the evening.Unfortunately for me I got to the ATM by 6pm to withdraw cash as I was hungry,only to be told that my debit card has expired.I was in shock and tried to withdraw several times, only to get the same response.P.S : Mobile ussd banking was useless for me and at that time my bank requested your physical presence to apply for a transaction password for mobile banking.
I went home,hungry and dejected.I drank only water when i got home.That was how i kept on drinking only water from that night up until Monday morning.
The experience was very painful and taught me a few lessons.
Hunger is indeed a bitch!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by solofresh(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=CoronaVirusRelo post=88008030]People are just anxious to die.

[/Oga shut up jare and stop saying nonsense]
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.

The only KEY to this virus is a cure, anything else is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ekene101: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!
sir are u aware npower volunteers have not been paid up til now, majority of them have families to cater for and they ask people to stock their homes with foodstuffs and remain indoors,where will the money to stock the foodstuffs come from??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by MusaChukwudi: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
POOR PEOPLE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM BREEDING!!! BASTARDS!!!

LET THEM ALL DIE!!!

I SUSPECT THESE YEYE PROTESTERS ATE NOT EVEN LAGOSIANS, THEY ARE LKKELY TO BE FROM THE DEVELOPER REGION!!
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by bangging(m): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
People are just anxious to die.

idiotic way of thinking
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by mauchiz: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
Is okay to protest,
Moreover to live is a choice,
Buhari should just say if you want to die, come outside, if you want to be alive go inside, when you get coronavirus, please don't go to any hospital, stay in your house and recover, infect your family.
All of you should die together.
Buhari is forcing people to be alive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.