Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,268 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106109 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by helinues: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2020
holajeedayy:
you are not well,if you want some one to stay at home you make provision .,this is not military regime..... We should play politic with every thing let call a spade a spade....is even better they die of corona ....after all govt have been making thing hard ..,stay at home no light,no food no water no money,..,evry thing stand still

So you mean My question about the pictures already suggested I am for or against the protests?

Or may me you quote a wrong person
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by SenecaTheYonger: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
People are just anxious to die.

Even the protest aids transmission of the virus.

In the quest to keep them safe, they still revolting.

It's better to die from virus than hunger. You are just a narcissist like Buhari that can't think of anyone but themselves.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 02, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Leave those zoombie, next one week they will understand

But the last set of people who should complain under Buhary should be Lagosians.

It's like their daddy has let them down.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Hypocrit: 9:09am On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:

grin I do not have time for insult in this corona virus period, i'll just click the report button and let Mynd44 do what his best at doing
you are now proving me right. So you think Seun and his mods are in charge of my life, or nairaland is a haven? Bleep you, Bleep the mods, Bleep seun, Bleep nairaland. Super dunce like you. Do your worst.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by yusluvad(m): 9:09am On Apr 02, 2020
Better
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by holajeedayy: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
All of u die well buari has not just brought him corona but also lockdown with genuine hunger...that is part of change.... When sowore was talking they said it treason
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by saggitus: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
The truth is the government themselves are confused cos non of them expected this kind of havoc so they are just trying to buy time till cure go come out and if not they themselves go just run hide for there under ground houses na so we see am my people
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Omoluabi16(m): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
Na now we know say hungry dey catch us? This thing might just spiral out of control. I have always maintained that our revolution should be at the polls. But na the same us go fight tooth and nail to enthrone and defend our oppressors. WHO and some Philanthropists gave us grant.How was it disbursed? I sincerely hope we don't become another Italy or Spain. At least now we should know the value of good governance.. after this things ends, next election people will still queue for their kerosene and cup of rice.

SIT AT HOME.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
ivolt:
No need to beg for death. There are easy ways to get it.
Like most of the posters here, you know nothing about hunger.
Hungerford.. Enlighten us
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Seventy7kings: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
pawesome:
the easiest place that something like that can happen is in the village and most villages if not all mostly comprises of farmers...I want to make it categorically clear that in Nigeria with the stable land that we have and produce available,it will be hard to die of hunger...we always look for a way out...some people dia own hunger is dt de don't have money in dia pockets...is a 2weeks lockdown...as a hustler,u ought to know how to manage whatever you have for 2 weeks
bro let me tell you something. Your analysis above shows that 'you don't know anything'. Who no go no go know. Just be thankful for your own life.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by aimuan(m): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:
Hungerbad my brother, rest on...
Meanwhile, shit is getting real angry
How human being go Tek survive, we're on God
hungerbad rest on?is he dead?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by saaron(m): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
You said it all. That's why I laugh at African govt issuing lock down orders without adequate preparation and palliatives. Their lockdowns will end up in anarchy.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by maasoap(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2020
Jaspernubi:
Sowore Warned you all.
You all mocked
He called for a civil disobedience against this monster Mohammadu Buhari
You all Laughed and scorned
He was arrested, You all Jeered and ridicule him
Now Hunger has done what Sowore predicted
If Riot and mass Protest will make them run out of town
we will be ready to bury our oppressor together
Once Let Nigerian unite, they will run out of town like Laurent Gbagbo

Open your skull and allow sense to enter. The same Sowore that didn't spend 50 million naira out of the 300 million naira donated to him who later came out give a fictitious account of how he "spent" 300 million naira. The guy is best described as a clown
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by iammo(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2020
Hypocrit:
you are now proving me right. So you think Seun and his mods are in charge of my life, or nairaland is a haven? Bleep you, Bleep the mods, Bleep seun, Bleep nairaland. Super dunce like you. Do your worst.

funny thing is that I didn't even press the report button grin because on a normal non corona day, you for collect... now you a crying lol
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by jonadaft: 9:11am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.
Shut up and use your brain.
Do you know that up till now, many civil servants have not received march salary?

Sit at home to eat what?
Which money will dey use to stock food in the house?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by emerged01(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2020
GboyegaD:
I guess many do not understand the extent of the multiplicative effects of Corona virus otherwise, they will appreciate the scripture on how for a hungry person than the dead.
A hungry man doesn’t think,that’s why you can’t preach to a hungry man, ask bible.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Seventy7kings: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2020
aimuan:
hungerbad rest on?is he dead?
yes, he's dead. I think that was last year
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by SmartyPants(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2020
judgementyard:

Pls read what you wrote again.How can I hungry person find something to eat while there are no economic activity taking place?
Do you Know that there are people that eat by what they make in a day?
Well the truth is that a hungry man is an angry man and soon the 'have not ' will take by force from those that 'have'

How soon is soon? The haves actually outnumber the have nots in southern Nigeria btw...so how would that work?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by atmotvic(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2020
HUNGER-19 vs COVID-19
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by jonadaft: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!
People just reason with their anus...

It's a shame.

Get well brah
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by blowjohn(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2020
Garrieveryday:

Your comment sounds very stupid to me. Can you identify the class of people that donated money to Tacha and those crying for hunger during this lockdown?

Am talking about the middle class crying hunger.
U think it's the rich upper class that donated to Tacha?
It was the silly ass middle and lower class
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by AuroraB(f): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Example, the dunce in the picture, holding a child cry
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by maasoap(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.

Oil dey your head. You have solution according to your perspective and understanding. Seyi Makinde of Oyo state still haven't known what approaches to adopt despite recording 8 cases. Dude is still considering a choice between face masks and lock down. Most of them only understand politics but have no clue about governance

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by seunoj: 9:15am On Apr 02, 2020
sammyj:
This is a tale of if COVID 19 does not kill someone then hunger will do it. This government is extremely wicked and selfish. Imagine giving out money to the extremely poor people and how will this be determined?

My brother, there is massive corruption ongoing now. Na Corona expense go clear all previous embezzlement and current one.
Lol thanks to covid 19.
Naija politicians don see goldmine

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by lexxyrule(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2020
ezenwajosh:
either you're being fed by your parents or you jumping from one celebrity page to another to beg for help....

They are not anxious to die....but if you're feeding your self with these high cost of demand that has beget high cost of food....you will protest at some point

WHEN THIS VIRUS IS OVER YOU ALL WILL KNOW NIGERIA HAS NO GOVERNMENT AND SHOULD NOT EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE

Lies
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by slowice(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2020
If they lock Nigeria down for a month, there would be chaos everywhere. People don't earn much here and most people ll exhaust all their savings within a week. Add that to the high cost of food stuff, closed market with more supply coming in from rural areas in conjunction with our irresponsible government and it ll equal anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by imrany20(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=Chicagoesontop post=88008208]Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !![/quote
Please get some senses and stop writing rubbish........the fact that you are financially buoyant does not means everyone is.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by onatisi(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2020
I am above the level of trading insults on a faceless forum like this ,but just to educate you a little , the first 3 countries to be hit by this virus is china , South Korea , so please kindly do yourself a favor by studying how they were able to beat the virus a a minimal level. I will help you further by providing a link for you to go through and read if you won't complain that it is too long though.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/coronavirus-cases-have-dropped-sharply-south-korea-whats-secret-its-success#
freecocoahubby:

Mr 'I too know', this statement is completely FALSE! stop misleading people here.

Yes, all supermarkets abroad are open during the lockdown, but governments is NOT distributing free food to everyone, neither are they going house to house testing people. Smh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by bkool7(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

If there is no locKdown, it's not everyone that corona virus will Kill.

Even the Spanish flu didn't kill everyone
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by King44(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
lock down is okay i dont see reason why they cant go from house to house and test people, as well as providing some money which should be credited in our various accounts and food stuffs probably weekly and it should be general including the rural areas and creeks with that done sort out the infected, have them treated put an end to it in the country, shut down ports of entry and border and let economic activities resume, let's bounce back, they should have it in mind that the palliative is not for ever maximum a month or two

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by aimuan(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2020
Seventy7kings:
yes, he's dead. I think that was last year
oh too bad..may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by imrany20(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=Chicagoesontop post=88008208]Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !![/quote
Apologise and seek forgiveness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.