Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? (46850 Views)

”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Reasons Why Most Guys Delay In Marrying Their Girlfriend / Is There Any Disadvantage In Marrying An Intelligent Or Smart Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2020
EJanni:
Polygamy is worse than covid-19. When contracted, it breeds jealousy, hatred, diabolism, killing etc. I have never seen any polygamous man who's actually happy. It doesn't worth anything.

Ned Nwoko is happy. Go see his smiling pics all over the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Punchline33: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2020
chinyce:

You must be very wealthy to be happy with two women. A man still struggling should never attempt it.
yes, a man still struggling should not even contemplate marrying immediately else he may struggle to stand. But u must know polygamy is not by strength, wealth or too much wisdom, it is by God's grace. If God has destined you to live such life, He will make it easy for you in many ways.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
There is a huge advantage to polygamy, but only if a man is mature and emotionally balanced; and is able and willing to take care of all his wives. Only then can the following benefits be reaped...
For women:

1. It helps take care of women in society. If everybody who is able to do so marries many women, there will not be any single women running wild, lining up for 'special prayer', competing for husbands and becoming baby mamas. Even widows and divorcees will find husbands (if they have good characters).

2. It promotes harmony in the house; the strength and maturity of the man is key.

3. Women have more peace of mind. They know who their 'rivals' are, and if they suppress their innate desire for troublemaking, can even make friends.

4. Women rest more. The burden of running the homes is lighter when shared by more than one woman. When one wife does not feel like cooking, or having sex etc, the other(s) can step up. Child caring etc can also be rotated.

For men:

1. They have more peace at home. A woman should never feel she is the only sugar in her man's tea because she will inevitably misbehave.

2. He need not have extra marital affairs with all its attendant problems. Anytime he meets a woman that he likes, he either marries her or keeps his hands off. Having an assortment of women in the house will make him not even want to look outside (remember I made his maturity a condition from the beginning).

Ur last point under men is funny...what do U mean by he need not have extra marital affairs..??
How did the number of wife become more than one in the first place....it’s greed and extra marital things that caused looking outside and eventually made one to become two, then two became three....
there’s no one as promiscous as a polygamous man because he has an umbrella to hide under backed by culture and selfish religion

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by EgunMogaji2: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Historically, our culture supports polygamy. There’s polygamy even in USA and U.K.

EgunMogaji is very pro polygamy, in words and action.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
There is no advantage. Living with one wife is already a challenge as it is, imagine adding another. That's just an early death for any man so foolish

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by mu2sa2: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2020
081087n:
But wait o, the Bible said he who finds a wife, finds a good thing...

So he who find two wives finds double good things grin grin
Pls nobody should come for me o.. undecided
Only the ignorant will come after you. I have seen a video clip of a debate with a christian priest where the other man asked him to quote anywhere in the bible which unequivocally states that christians should marry only one wife. The priest couldn't. Can anybody help out here without "long grammar", just chapter & verse?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Quam96: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2020
You have two pussies to Bleep. Y won't u love it,it mentain tightness of the pussies grin grin grin grin
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by xrayj(m): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2020
Plead:
Do people still marry more than one wife in this age?

One wife and not more than four two kids irrespective of your financial or social status.
Fixed!
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Powerintoxicate: 11:54am On Apr 04, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
There is a huge advantage to polygamy, but only if a man is mature and emotionally balanced; and is able and willing to take care of all his wives. Only then can the following benefits be reaped...
For women:

1. It helps take care of women in society. If everybody who is able to do so marries many women, there will not be any single women running wild, lining up for 'special prayer', competing for husbands and becoming baby mamas. Even widows and divorcees will find husbands (if they have good characters).

2. It promotes harmony in the house; the strength and maturity of the man is key.

3. Women have more peace of mind. They know who their 'rivals' are, and if they suppress their innate desire for troublemaking, can even make friends.

4. Women rest more. The burden of running the homes is lighter when shared by more than one woman. When one wife does not feel like cooking, or having sex etc, the other(s) can step up. Child caring etc can also be rotated.

For men:

1. They have more peace at home. A woman should never feel she is the only sugar in her man's tea because she will inevitably misbehave.

2. He need not have extra marital affairs with all its attendant problems. Anytime he meets a woman that he likes, he either marries her or keeps his hands off. Having an assortment of women in the house will make him not even want to look outside (remember I made his maturity a condition from the beginning).

Women don't like it only because it takes away their power to dominate their husband.

Weak men don't like it only because women say it is not good and they want to look like nice men to those women.
correct
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Omar09(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Buhari is also happy.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by farady(m): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
For women:

For men:

Women don't like it only because it takes away their power to dominate their husband.

Weak men don't like it only because women say it is not good and they want to look like nice men to those women.

Wonderful! All these in these present times? I doubt it. It is pure suicide. You are practically entering "the express road"

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by EJanni(f): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

you said over the internet not real life. That was how my grand father smiled until his death. The aftermath is better imagined than being said. My dear test and see!

3 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by smokeyupu(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2020
Definitely!
You have options whenever you wanna get down
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Ur last point under men is funny...what do U mean by he need not have extra marital affairs..??
How did the number of wife become more than one in the first place....it’s greed and extra marital things that caused looking outside and eventually made one to become two, then two became three....
there’s no one as promiscous as a polygamous man because he has an umbrella to hide under backed by culture and selfish religion

He can marry the rest of the wives the same way he married the first one. It has nothing to do with greed. That is only what Africa Magic teaches and what feminists use to dissuade men from taking their monopoly over the husband from them.

Saying it is due to greed is actually contradictory. In fact, polygamy requires great responsibility and sacrifice on the part of the husband. A greedy person will conversely, still sleep with the same number of women; but without taking over their responsibility the way a polygamist would.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by tete7000(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2020
None
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by 9gerian: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2020
Arguably true.

Some women are very troublesome and deliberately unreasonable. That is until they get a rival, then they calm down and start being good wives. It works like magic!

Something they could have done from the start and save their husband and their homes all the trouble.

NextD18:
One of the Advantages I know is that; The nagging and bad-mannerisms will be lesser as there will be competition between the wives to impress you with good characters and doings.

This is only if you are RICH!

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
EJanni:
you said over the internet not real life. That was how my grand father smiled until his death. The aftermath is better imagined than being said. My dear test and see!

Oh I intend to. Your grandfather is hardly a comprehensive case study. I knew many happy polygamists when I stayed in the North.
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by enemyofprogress: 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
The only advantage is that you spread gonorhea and other sexual diseases faster
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
farady:

Wonderful! All these in these present times? I doubt it. It is pure suicide. You are practically entering "the express road"

Why? Because you said so? Prove your point please.

The only problem in modern times that adversely affects happy polygamy is the recent weak mindedness of the current crop of men.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by MightySparrow: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
More legal kpekus to service besides wahala
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by RexTramadol1: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
Two or three girlfriends is Peace of mind

Two or more wives is suicidal
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Chicastle: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
You never ask the Advantage of marrying one you talking of two

Odiegwu
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by InvertedHammer: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
/
Keyword is marriage.

Whether monogamy or polygamy, as long as the keyword is involved, total happiness will be far-fetched.

\
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by tete7000(m): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
mu2sa2:
Only the ignorant will come after you. I have seen a video clip of a debate with a christian priest where the other man asked him to quote anywhere in the bible which unequivocally states that christians should marry only one wife. The priest couldn't. Can anybody help out here without "long grammar", just chapter & verse?

What can you make of this passage of Matthew 16:

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ ? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Matthew 19:4‭-‬6 NIV

Abi you know more than Christ, the Son of God?

Please note the bolded :
1.Singular male and female
2.Two, not three not four, not five
3.a man (singular) united to his wife (singular), not wives (plural)

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by akan102: 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
bjbjbj:
BIG NO.
If you say "No"
Please what are your reasons

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by EJanni(f): 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Oh I intend to. Your gramdfather is hardly a comprehensive case study. I knew many happy polygamists when I stayed in the North.
okay! Go on rock your ride!

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by princpl(m): 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
When you say NO to polygamy and we found out dat u're cheating.........
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
enemyofprogress:
The only advantage is that you spread gonorhea and other sexual diseases faster

Untrue. STDs are spread via indiscriminate extra marital sex, never through faithful polygamy.
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by akan102: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
mignone:
Who ever desires peace of mind in life should not consider polygamy or having 'many' children.
Ask those in such shoes at a time like this.

I don't understand because I have seen men that marry one wife yet the wife made their life a living hell, look around you, you will find them they are not hard to find, what will you say about that?
Maybe men should stop marrying.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
EJanni:
okay! Go on rock your ride!

RideS. You forgot that I want more.
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by AgentNairaland(f): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
No Advantage Therein, Muhammad That Lived Polygamous Life Blamed Himself At The End..

The Same Woman Poisoned Him, Sent Him To Early Grave.. In His Last Sermon, He Gave Muslim's Women Different Names Like Goat, Prisoners, Slaves etc Because They Poisoned There Prophet

3 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by don4real18(m): 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
mignone:
Who ever desires peace of mind in life should not consider polygamy or having 'many' children.
Ask those in such shoes at a time like this.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Met My Wife: Love Is Real / Finally, I Have Decided To Leave Him / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.