Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? (46846 Views)

”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Reasons Why Most Guys Delay In Marrying Their Girlfriend / Is There Any Disadvantage In Marrying An Intelligent Or Smart Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by bmdmixer: 11:31am On Apr 04, 2020
i won't mind if i have the money n they are both working class n beautiful two different pussy daily yup am golden so stop pretending even the women wish dey cud have same
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by frozen70(f): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2020
barnny:
Does Marrying More Than One Wife In Anyway Has Advantage?

Please let's discuss and learn from different ethnic background if marrying more than a wife in anyway has advantage, disadvantage or either ways. I'm sure people from polygamous family might have learnt one or two lessons that will/might make them conclude that marrying more than a wife is a no no for them. While some believe there are still benefits in marrying more than one wife.

Note: this discussion is open for both Christians and Muslims including the atheist as far as we are here to learn, unlearn and relearn

You see those pictures of people marrying more than one wife

You, that have a single wife lives better and happier than them

You don't expect them to come out and tell you their experience

The man cries under the rain and you know what it means, he cries when it's raining so that no one will see him crying

Women are good companions when they know that it's just the two of you

You need to have what it takes to keep women before you can succeed in having more than one and still be a happy man

No two are the same

6 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Kobicove(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2020
LordIsaac:
Yes... But religion forbids it.

Not all religions
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 04, 2020
Abalado:
Please advise me,, am 11years older than my fiance,, is it ideal for me to marry her! Am 36years and she's 25years

Go to romance section and create a topic on it, elders will attend to you. Mind you, change your sex status since you are a "he", because it's an identity theft.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
There is a huge advantage to polygamy, but only if a man is mature and emotionally balanced; and is able and willing to take care of all his wives. Only then can the following benefits be reaped...
For women:

1. It helps take care of women in society. If everybody who is able to do so marries many women, there will not be any single women running wild, lining up for 'special prayer', competing for husbands and becoming baby mamas. Even widows and divorcees will find husbands (if they have good characters).

2. It promotes harmony in the house; the strength and maturity of the man is key.

3. Women have more peace of mind. They know who their 'rivals' are, and if they suppress their innate desire for troublemaking, can even make friends.

4. Women rest more. The burden of running the homes is lighter when shared by more than one woman. When one wife does not feel like cooking, or having sex etc, the other(s) can step up. Child caring etc can also be rotated.

For men:

1. They have more peace at home. A woman should never feel she is the only sugar in her man's tea because she will inevitably misbehave.

2. He need not have extra marital affairs with all its attendant problems. Anytime he meets a woman that he likes, he either marries her or keeps his hands off. Having an assortment of women in the house will make him not even want to look outside (remember I made his maturity a condition from the beginning).

Women don't like it only because it takes away their power to dominate their husband.

Weak men don't like it only because women say it is not good and they want to look like nice men to those women.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Stallion93(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
aumeehn:
I have observed something among polygamist and that is "Selfishness and self centeredness, the posts above confirmed it. Everyone is talking about Himself, they will be competing to take care of you, competing to do this do that for YOU! Everything is all about YOU! But let me remind you, while they are competing to please you, Your children are also competing for favors from you. Some will live with hatred for their step moms and step brothers until they die. They will hate you and destroy your legacy. In this 21st century polygamy is not worth it.

At Old age none of them will look your way because each an every woman in that house will work towards the progress of her own children and once that goal has been achieved, oboy forget it even the children will careless about you.

I have a friend who was born into a family of 28, their father passed away late last year, and as i am typing this, their father's room is occupied by a tenant, they sold everything including the family house. Sometimes its not all about you, think about the future of your children.
Real talk bro, It’s not always about you, it’s about the children All the times.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by LordIsaac(m): 11:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Kobicove:

Not all religions
It's not rocket science.
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Punchline33: 11:34am On Apr 04, 2020
No textbook for marriage. U can marry two wives and be happier than one who has only a wife. I have two wives and i am okay. They dont live together, so no problems. They even compete to cut my finger nails, that is to tell you the level of flexing now.

10 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by candyguyofficia(m): 11:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Michelle55:
Not worth it... Just stick to one because one woman is enough problem already,why are you trying to die young by having massive heartaches?

PS: and if you must become polygamous, make it 3 instead of 2... Because when those two will gang up against you, the 3rd will snitch on them to become your top priority and favorite grin heard this secret from one baddest grandpa in my area cheesy

Very true
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by zinny377(f): 11:35am On Apr 04, 2020
Too much headache and even though you are well able to manage your family while alive, what happens when you are no more

Someday, the judas amongst them will still rear its ugly head and tear your once peaceful family apart!

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Kulas: 11:35am On Apr 04, 2020
Women on this thread must surely only say the disadvantage side
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by K4daniel: 11:36am On Apr 04, 2020
The man may die young if he does not have money and married 2 wives.

The two wives will not always agree over decisions hence voodoo and charms will be used to destroy the family.

The cost is far more than the pleasure or benefit.. as wives will start killing each other children stroke to the husband at later age.

Lastly, polygamist is bad and dangerous should be avoided at all cost. Men should be contented with one wife.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by sylve11: 11:36am On Apr 04, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

so what do you guys think Nigerian men (who think that having multiple women is in their DNA) should do?! cheat on their GF/wife?!

Ask them o. grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by chinyce(m): 11:37am On Apr 04, 2020
I've noticed that men who marry more than one, always kick the bucket earlier. Even before the two wives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2020
mignone:
Who ever desires peace of mind in life should not consider polygamy or having 'many' children.
Ask those in such shoes at a time like this.

I just asked Dangote and Atiku.....they both said it’s cool and they have peace of mind

7 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by isaiahethan: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2020
barnny:
Does Marrying More Than One Wife In Anyway Has Advantage?

Please let's discuss and learn from different ethnic background if marrying more than a wife in anyway has advantage, disadvantage or either ways. I'm sure people from polygamous family might have learnt one or two lessons that will/might make them conclude that marrying more than a wife is a no no for them. While some believe there are still benefits in marrying more than one wife.

Note: this discussion is open for both Christians and Muslims including the atheist as far as we are here to learn, unlearn and relearn

I see no advantages , except early grave.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by airminem(f): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2020
In this coronary time you want to know sad

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2020
Polygamy is better than monogamy, but depends on how you program the family.

Competition makes it uniquely beautiful.

It is preferable if they live in different towns and have their own homes.

2 kids for each wife is very affordable and each wife must be given a choice car renewable every 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2020
Michelle55:
Not worth it... Just stick to one because one woman is enough problem already,why are you trying to die young by having massive heartaches?

PS: and if you must become polygamous, make it 3 instead of 2... Because when those two will gang up against you, the 3rd will snitch on them to become your top priority and favorite grin heard this secret from one baddest grandpa in my area cheesy
I disagree!

Must marry you and two of your other best friends.
I love 4some cool
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by EJanni(f): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2020
Polygamy is worse than covid-19. When contracted, it breeds jealousy, hatred, diabolism, killing etc. I have never seen any polygamous man who's actually happy. It doesn't worth anything.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by mu2sa2: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2020
barnny:

Expatiate pls embarassed
Ironically, many will think you got "expatiate" (pronounced ix- pei-shi - et) wrong, but that is the correct form of the misspelled "expantiate". There is no word in english "expantiate". If not sure of how to use expatiate, why don't people use familiar words like explain or clarify and save themselves the embarrassment of using a non-existing "big" word with a wrong pronunciation 'ex-PAN-shi-et'.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 04, 2020
But wait o, the Bible said he who finds a wife, finds a good thing...

So he who find two wives finds double good things grin grin
Pls nobody should come for me o.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Michelle55:

u watch too much Africa magic....what u just painted happens in movies....cos I just called Dangote, Atiku and Ned Nwoko, they all said all their wives don’t gang up...even the new one Regina Daniels behaves.....and all three of them are over 65years old...So where did U get the dying young part from??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Smog77: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2020
All I know those that's afraid of polygamous home are the poor, rich men don't care because the money is there. Sometimes even single women gives more trouble than polygamous home.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by sharone21(f): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Are there advantages in marrying more than 1 husband?
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Abalado:
Please advise me,, am 11years older than my fiance,, is it ideal for me to marry her! Am 36years and she's 25years
Are you an hermaphrodite?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by chinyce(m): 11:44am On Apr 04, 2020
Punchline33:
No textbook for marriage. U can marry two wives and be happier than one who has only a wife. I have two wives and i am okay. They dont live together, so no problems. They even compete to cut my finger nails, that is to tell you the level of flexing now.

You must be very wealthy to be happy with two women. A man still struggling should never attempt it.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by 989900: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2020
The world is grey.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by budusky05(m): 11:45am On Apr 04, 2020
Yes, cus cheating is allowed
U like it If you are a fan of 3some
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Autotech312(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2020
barnny:

Don't you think marrying more than one wife is part of the problem we are facing in this country

I don't think so..do you know that countries where they practice polygamy, you hardly hear of brothel or rape cases even if it is very minimal. Many of the assisinated cases of rich men today have their wife or household members involved in it. We'll have less of side chick/olosho if we men marry more than one wives in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Powerintoxicate: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2020
NextD18:
One of the Advantages I know is that; The nagging and bad-mannerisms will be lesser as there will be competition between the wives to impress you with good characters and doings.

This is only if you are RICH!
it happens whether you rich or not
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2020
NextD18:
One of the Advantages I know is that; The nagging and bad-mannerisms will be lesser as there will be competition between the wives to impress you with good characters and doings.

This is only if you are RICH!

This is NOT a conclusive part but an introduction part of the polygamous affairs which consists of the past or present moments & status of the rich man.

Polygamy is a pleasurable moments, but a problematic of the future & destroyer of generation. The aftermath & demise of the rich man should be seriously considered & weighed, as it is well known that riches becomes weak & grow wings when the owner is dead. Reason, it's powerless in the seat of judgement!

What matters is the owner of the physical riches who is the head of the polygamous home. WILL THE SPIRITUAL AND MENTAL RICHES LIKE PEACE, UNITY, LOVE, UNDERSTANDING, HUMILITY, ETC EXISTS ANYMORE AFTER HIS DEMISE? We all know the dangers of hatred & disunity that leads to killings, etc..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Weds Dead Wife In Ebonyi (find Out Why) / How I Met My Wife: Love Is Real / Finally, I Have Decided To Leave Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.