Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! (105999 Views)

She Rejected My Request To Date, I Moved On, Now She Wants To Move Into My Lodge / Men, I Need Your Candid Opinion If You Have Done This Before / Man Who Dumped His Ex To Marry Another, Begs Her, But See Her Reply (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Ayomidexj8(f): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=mhizgracie22 post=88291039] Bros you're wicked o grin , there's nothing more painful than getting "thank you" or "okay" as a reply after ranting on phone or sending a long dramatic text, that shi.t hurts like hell grin[/quote
aswear!, that thing dey pain person ehn..!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Arckeen: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
yyba:
may coronavirus and dangerous thunder locate my ex and her parents immediately . undecided undecided angry
hahaha why you Dey shekpe!
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Gkemz: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
yyba:
may coronavirus and dangerous thunder locate my ex and her parents immediately . undecided undecided angry

Shut up since you don't have control over coronavirus. You're not even sure whether you haven't contacted it already.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Ayomidexj8(f): 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
she told me that she was a virgin, buh by the time we had s3x i found out that she wasn't trust me, i didn't complain, and i told her also that she is the only woman in my life by the time she found out, she told me that am a cheater damn! cheater kill you there!!!!

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Klass99(f): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2020

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by sirvic68: 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
mhizgracie22:
I'm a girl tho grin

May I have your number please...
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by dumininu01(m): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
Megaflex:
I'll try in my best possible way to answer your question as to why I speedily married my current wify. .

When I broke up with my ex or should I say when my ex broke up with me, I was deeply hurt because I truly loved her and I decided to sleep with as many girls as possible from that April till something around August

I met wify that same August and the impression she gave me was unimaginable. I actually met her on Facebook and wanted to chop as usual but her maturity and how she changed me is what I can't still explain. I actually saw the woman of my dream and I didn't waste time to propose by December and we got married around April amidst the corona lockdown and I've been happy ever since.

I hope I answered your question? Don't mind my English biko
You have said it bro... Getting a matured lady is very important in a relationship

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Klass99(f): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
geekybabe:
Leave everyone to handle their breakup the way they want.
If they wanna post motivational quotes, let them post. Finish. Keep your opinions to yourself and let women breathe..
this one pain u oh grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by vickybantin(m): 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
this is some cool shit... first smart post today.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Gordieshegz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
Klass99:

Your response wasn't long and it was an enjoyable read. cheesy

The entire narrative made me smile and it reminds me, of one of the most funniest comments ,I have ever seen on NL ''Dem use marriage swear for us in Africa?'' Lol, that comment cracks me up each time I remember it.

Your ex

Lol
We africans are just atypical people.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
May God bless my immediate ex and ease her affairs.
That babe is one of a kind.
Nice points @op
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by kCatalyst: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nice thread OP

Sharing my little knowledge...

Whatsoever make people resolve to a particular thing is left to them. I think everyone has one or two problems to deal with, and the MIND itself is a complex entity capable of controlling one's entire being if left untamed or unguarded. Whatever it is, everyone should be ready to take responsibilities for their actions.

I've heard this many times that it's good to end up with someone(friend) you've known for long e.g if possible from high school, and while this may be a known fact, i think it's still a matter of probability to ascertain a lasting home, in other words it may lead to good or bad marriage.

However then, i think in this life, we will get to have some people whose relationships with us will be at the normal friends level cos that is who they are to us.

If we have to be very sincere with ourselves, it is not everyone we have come across with, and have likeness for, like romantic love, infatuations or whatever level of likeness that we must always think we should and can always end up with, but sadly, people always want to believe it will be good if they end up together, which is where some impossibilities lie.

*Please I'm not ruling out LOVE as an indicator nor will i talk about it cos it's not what i'm driving at*

Many people are meant to remain as just friends no matter how strong our feelings may be for them.
Some things will not just happen even if any/both of us wants to get ourselves together. Someway somehow, whatever we may want to build will not just stand.

But where the problem start is when we don't get to accept realities maybe due to ignorance, desperation, preconception, belief etc.

To cut stories....

I knew of a guy who wanted a lady who have been friends for atleast 2½yrs, who so much loved her and everything looked so right with them, but she wasn't so ready for him. She would only wished him as friend, even though itw's obvious not only to her, but friends in school, other common gatherings etc that she loved him.

After univ, during his nysc, with all humility he rescinded his proposal and released her from his mind although he didn't think she wanted what he did atleast from the way she sounded and some actions that followed....

Why he did that at that time was cos he had a better understanding of the reason they crossed path. In fact, he knew aforehand that she would come to his path again and so many things will pop up....

>>> 2years+ after, she came back to him trying to get him back by every means. It was very obvious now that she wanted his proposal, and maybe if it was possibly morally right in our present society, she could have done the proposal, even though it still baffle what she later found in him.

But this time she wasn't a confusion to him at all. He actually didn't know whatzup with her too....
He already knew her place in his life. To him in any capacity that he can, and if anything at all, at the most is to help her advance her life but not as marriage partners, so he should never even think about that.

Truly, it appears she needed his help coupled with processing, making some payments etc which he gave in his ability (for those she could personally not make up with) and if he could remember well, she refunded. Meanwhile he maintained his stand of defining things in his actions.

However..he thinks every of his responses baffled her since she wasn't expecting that he respond that way afterall she didn't give consent to his proposal on campus...
But she eventually got his point that he was not interested in her again....

Today she is happily married to her best man for her, and everyone of them are all doing well....

As we all progress in life, many things will unravel itself in it's due course.
...even though we know the intentions of some guyz & ladies,,, chop & clean mouth **whatever that means** na God go help us settle that matter...

I always say cos someone says YES to your proposal doesn't mean you are now set on the right track, nor a NO means you have lost either.
I'm sure everyone will look back to bless/curse why they made a particular decision.

But i think we need to learn to know and to understand people, event, and things at strategic points in time which i believe will save us lifetime worries...

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by DebbieSylvex(f): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maturity is not having to post your relationship issh on line.....mhen! it sucks

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by cooltola(m): 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Very wrong. It is okay to feel emotional because you are human. It is okay to express your feeling online or any how you feel. It is okay to feel sad, depressed, angry or uneasy. It is okay for your ex to laugh, or celebrate because no one knows your tomorrow. No one knows your future or who you will date tomorrow. Today might be lost but tomorrow is another day to live for. It is better to Express your feelings than to create a pretense. Get emotional now so you can look back and smile later. Once you pass through the emotional phase, you can move on and accept the fact the relationship is over. How to get over ex is becoming a better version of yourself, accept your mistakes and learn from them and move on. Go on and date again, life goes on.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by vever1: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Very interesting info
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Saintly01(m): 8:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
You got it all right.

WhatsApp Status hosts Alot of these posts on a daily.

I dread heart break.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by KingMack(m): 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Some of us still want our Ex's back into our lives so its best you pepper em small/large ad they'd be creeping right back inn!
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
Seeing this when my ex just messaged me is strange shocked

Well,
For your factory fitted UK used smart TVs, ACs, washing machines and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by ACE1010: 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
It makes a lot of sense to me grin grin
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by darediamond(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Wizywiz:
well, she broke up with me then..i loved her so much then...she was so eager and desperate to marry, she gave me an ultimatum on when to marry her, i refused yielding to her pressure we broke up and now she is coming back to yarn dust to me...maybe because she still dey single and in her late thirties...
And she will surely remain Single till her MENOPAUSE!

No, this is not a curse. She as already failed earlier by giving you an ultimatum. Some ladies think doing that means being Responsible but alas, it otherwise.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by darediamond(m): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Wizywiz:
honestly if she was a bit patient i would hav married her..i loved her so much then sad to say even more than d way i loved the woman that became my wife...but she was never patient enough..we only dated for a year plus
I feel your pain bro. Women that are.not Wife material mostly act like your ex. Thank God she is out of your life as He did the uprooting for you.
The future matters oo.
Some ladies ARE JUST A WRONG WOMAN FOR ANY MAN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by darediamond(m): 10:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Wizywiz:
she wasnt patient enough and the way she sounded when she called ..the vulgar words wey she use my brother ...the babe don wild oooo...she don turn something else...
Imagine that!
She is ACTUALLY not a Wife material at all for any Man I reapeat.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by darediamond(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
geekybabe:
Leave everyone to handle their breakup the way they want.
If they wanna post motivational quotes, let them post. Finish. Keep your opinions to yourself and let women breathe..
Kpele!
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by yyba: 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
Darlingboy4sure:

Ah! Did she break ur hrt with sledgehammer grin grin. Or was her entire family involved in d breakup

Calm down bro.
angry angry
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by yyba: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Gabflex:

dem collect bride price without giving u the girl?
why u dey hot?
after collecting bride price, the next thing I had was her wedding date with another man. the parents all claimed they are not aware of the marriage. I feel like shooting the parents when they were saying all this rubbish. angry

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by yyba: 11:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
Gkemz:

Shut up since you don't have control over coronavirus. You're not even sure whether you haven't contacted it already.
the doctor that allowed you out from YABA LEFT hospital must be sick and also be sack .
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Gabflex: 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
yyba:
after collecting bride price, the next thing I had was her wedding date with another man. the parents all claimed they are not aware of the marriage. I feel like shooting the parents when they were saying all this rubbish. angry
what da fork!

dem scam u.

this is called wifey fruad.
waw, bro move on, attain more success, u will be ok.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Nwaonyishi69: 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
mhizgracie22:
"I'm better off without you", "I like the woman I'm becoming". Do these statements ring a bell? Many of us have come across quotes like this on WhatsApp, Facebook and so on. Whenever we see quotes like this, the first thing that comes to mind is that the individual who posted it, just got out of a relationship.

I find it funny that after a break up, most people try to prove that they're over their exes by posting motivational quotes like the ones above or memes aimed at making their exes feel uncomfortable. For example, a girl who just got out of a relationship with a stingy guy may constantly post memes condemning stingy guys on her WhatsApp status, hoping her ex will see it and feel bad. Or a girl who just got out of a relationship with a guy who constantly ignored her, may start posting motivational quotes like "Don't force yourself on anybody", "don't settle for less", "don't stay where you are not wanted" etc immediately after the breakup.

If you really want to give your ex the impression that you're over them, posting memes and motivational quotes is not the way. The best way to do that is to act like nothing happened, and that should also reflect in what you post on your WhatsApp status or anywhere else. Post normal stuff, don't post anything relating to breakups or relationships. When you constantly post motivational quotes after a breakup, it gives your ex the impression that you're still thinking about them and that you're still hurt. But when you act like nothing happened, it makes your ex wonder if they ever meant anything to you (I'm talking from experience).

You should also avoid making your ex feel that you hate them, scientists say that our pupils dilate when we see someone we love or someone we hate, so when you hate someone, they still have an effect on you physically, mentally and emotionally. It's better for your ex to think that you've forgotten about them than to think that you hate them. I've actually met a guy who was satisfied with the fact that his ex girlfriend still hated him, he said her hatred was proof that she was not over him yet. They later got back together but the bottom line is that when you harbour hatred for an ex, it means you're not over them completely.

You may never want to get back together with them, but they still have a strong effect on you and your mood, so try as much as possible to forget, not hate. Some people might hurt you so much that you can't even control your hatred for them, take all the time you need to heal from the pain, but don't make it obvious to them that you hate them, you don't have to put on a fake smile when you see them, just be civil, avoid sounding angry or bitter. *This is just my opinion, not a fact, do whatever you think is best for you*

Note: you should only do all this if you want to give your ex the impression that you've moved on, if you want to hash out the problems between you and your ex, there is no need to act like you don't care about them anymore but play it cool so you don't seem desperate. Also, if the issue that resulted in the breakup is a very serious one, it's better to discuss it and iron it out than to act like nothing happened.
Guy, it sounds to me as if you have broken someone's heart, iredeemeably.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Nwaonyishi69: 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
yyba:
No wonder they voted with their toes the moment they got some real idea of your curse-filled nature.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by yyba: 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
Gabflex:

what da fork!

dem scam u.

this is called wifey fruad.
waw, bro move on, attain more success, u will be ok.
thanks bro.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Abikeade11(f): 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
Thank goodness, I don't have ex and I'm not ready to have one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man's Joystick Cut Off For Sleeping With A Married Woman. Photos / How To Tame And Dominate Your Wife Or Girlfriend. / COVID-19: Story Of A Quarantined Cutie Dancing On A Rooftop In Newyork(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.