Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (53933 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by 4ckz: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.

I am sorry for what you went through, but the truth is, there is no betrayal in here.
Non whatsoever!

You just expected care from your supposed loved ones and they didn't act the way you expected.

Do not confuse this for betrayal.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by surgical: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2020
IyaTola:
Someone we referred to as our uncle was in the position to help me get a government job after my NYSC in 2009.
My child was 2+ and I desperately needed the job
His undergrad daughter got it
I was hurt but resolved not to depend on anyone anymore

Real situations will always reveal fake people, all you need to do is pay attention.

Dear Fellow Nigerians

Come 2023 politicians will come begging for our votes. Pls ask them

During Covid-19 lockdown did you do vigilante with me?

Did you give me food or money?

Did Nepa bring 24hrs electricity?

If the answer is yes then vote for them. #LagosUrest
They will tell them from CDA who to vote for after they've been compromised
Until Nigerians becomes educated voters,there can not be good governance

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by chiefoboh1(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2020
yomi007k:
The question i want to ask Op is;
1. Where were your parents during this event?
2. What sort of job did your do at that time? Do you know if she was having some problems of her own?

Atleast you should be grateful she took you to the hospital? Did she foot the bill too?

Just try and forgive them. Life is not easy. Im sure you know that by now.
I hope u don't support wickedness o? 4 someone under ur roof u left him in d hospital 4 two weeks without words , I wonder if her mind was at rest all those 2weeks knowing fully well that someone in ur care is at d hospital

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by meneski(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2020
sad I have betrayed my G.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by DonroxyII: 10:21am On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.
Word of the Day, Nay! Word of the week. 2020 resolution !!
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by medolab90(m): 10:21am On Apr 14, 2020
Betrayal can come in any form but most times I don't take it as betrayal cos I might do the same especially if it is money issue.

I never try to expect so much from people and I don't think anyone owe me anything. What ever comes in the other way around I just take it and move on cos pple would always do things that hurt you.

And again don't borrow out what you know would hurt you if the person doesn't pay back. Just give out what you can't hurt too much.

Same reason when I ask pple for financial help and they can't give out up to what I expect I don't feel bad about it cos I might do the same.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Noloss(f): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2020
Hmmm, where do I even start from. I was 7months pregnant in 2011 when my husband lost his banking Job. He decided not to tell his mum(FIL is late) so she wouldn't be devastated because he's being supporting the family as the firstborn.

Few weeks after, MIL called to request for money, hubby declined for the first time and was forced to tell her that he lost his job.

You know what, MIL did not call again till the following year April(close to 9months after, not even when I put to bed and we informed her) to ask how we've been faring.

I can't even count many sacrifices we've made for her and the family. Our house was always full when things were rosy.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MrMacinterchi1: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:
An enemy disguise as friend asked me about someone personal, I opened up to her
I never knew she was recording, she went to tell the person and told the person what I didn't say, telling him she couldn't record all the conversations....that shit changed my life forever
I can't heal from that but I will make sure I destroy temitope
o di egwu
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2020
Eberechi24:

No need to destroy temitope, learn to stop gossips. You betrayed your personal someone by let out information that concerns her which you ought to treat with discretion.
I never gossip sis
If it was something I said, I would have see it coming
I would have deserved it but sis my life is practically destroyed and I DON'T deserve that
I'm a good person

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MrMacinterchi1: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:
An enemy disguise as friend asked me about someone personal, I opened up to her
I never knew she was recording, she went to tell the person and told the person what I didn't say, telling him she couldn't record all the conversations....that shit changed my life forever
I can't heal from that but I will make sure I destroy temitope

o di egwu

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Holamilekan97(m): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
well,
mine was wen I was in Benin
I ran laundry and to some extent it was successful. I had 3boys working for me . I had a keke which I use in delivering to my customer who re in far distance. then I had a friend who told me about a business which he ll like use to go into. the business was into phone accessories coupled with phone parts. I agreed, I rented the shop at oba market, did furnishing and other body works. during this time I borrowed money from lapo microfinance 300k, borrowed money from money lender about 580k. then I gave osas my friend to come to Lagos to buy the goods we re going to sell in our shop. osas come Lagos, osas no come back. I was so worried I had to go to his family house to know if his back but they said they didn't see him. I called his number and his number was switched off. call his gf and she said she doesn't know his were about. after a month I heard osas don go Malaysia. I ran back to his family house to ask his pple if it true. low and behold osas don travel and he knew I borrowed almost all those money for the business. I almost died. the pressure started coming in as to pay the loans I collected back. I had to sell my two washing machine, my dryer, and my keke and other tins from my shop and house to pay some of the debt. I had to let go of my two staff till I cud pay the money. but after every tin I found Benin uninteresting again cus I Ve lost every tin I Ve built over the years because of one person. I had to move from my room and palour selfcon to a one room, face me I face you, cus I cudnt afford it. my gf left me cus I too de complain money no de as b4. after the whole gbas gbos I relocated to Lagos for a fresh start as not kill my self cus of too much tinking and pressure. till today I pray for osas were ever he is, he ll find good in all he does. but I ll never trust any body again not even my family member. note trust is very expensive

Damnnn sad . This really hurts. I hope you dey cope now broda

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by rapid101(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2020
Holamilekan97:

Damnnn sad . This really hurts. I hope you dey cope now broda
bro is not easy I swear coupled wit dis lockdown. god de sha

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Went to my favourite spot to spoil my self only for them to tell me they had ran out of Guinness stout and Marlboro. Knowing fully well I will always check-in at 2.00am. I felt pained, hurt and betrayed. Almost had an accident driving back home. It was like my world was crashing right in front of me.

I couldn't imagine drinking somewhere else.
hahahahhahahahahaha. U must be joking. Is this wat u were asked to write about?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by CsRockefeller(m): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2020
Lol.

Have u guys seen how they feed Lions in a cage?

You stand at arms length and throw the meat.

That's what I do, I help people but try my best not to get too close to them, that way, they dont get too close to me, that way, they dont hurt me.

If u think people wont hurt u in is life where God's son suffered humiliation and then death, then u are joking.

What you can do is to prevent the hurt from occuring frequently like I illustrated with feeding the Lion.

Lest I forget, people will only remember when they need help, dont get mad, help if u can but keep it mind that 80% of people you help wouldn't help you in time of ur need.

Reason is another topic for another day.

Kapish!!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2020
I assisted a lot of people financially and otherwise...I'm naturally EMPATHETIC and a cheerful giver...

i touched and blessed souls UNCONDITIONALLY with my talents (I'm a gifted artist/artiste) by grooming up folks ; young, old, known, unknown, irrespective of creed, colour or race...

Few years down the line, tides turned against me, I fell seriously ill and my business crumbled, the people I helped are doing fine but they turned a blind eye to my plight.....

I beckoned on some of them for help but they TACTICALLY declined....I slipped into depression, saw life from a traumatic angle, wept like a toddler and one constant question that won't stop ringing in my head is "NA ME BE THIS?....

but I'll be fine, God willing,

I wish I NEVER MET THESE PEOPLE.

# life lessons

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 14, 2020
Being betrayed several times by my younger bro we did a joint online business, he deleted d records, did a binary biz with him he was just collecting money frm me without proof, got in security issues because of him, another paining aspect of it all d guy is a loan freak, borrowed a huge amount of loans placed me as next of kin
d money i was meant to use to sort out accommodation was cleared frm my acct by the people he was owning the loan.
I personally told myself i'm nt gonna trust my family members again, till now i can't trust him, i rather trust a stranger that my family

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Holamilekan97(m): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
bro is not easy I swear coupled wit dis lockdown. god de sha

Ọmọ Dis shiiii sucks asf. I would have loved to do something broda. But this lockdown shiiii get as e be ajé. You fit drop me your WhatsApp digit nothing wey no fit happen overnight sad.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Saintinoo(m): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

That was not betrayal, they didn't owe you a visit.... Just that they didn't act as expected.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by IghravweIG(m): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2020
zionmde:

He knows me very well, for a brother he was at that time, he could have told me he didn't have, even though I knew that he could have done at least a little, at dat time #100 could feed me for 2 days. but I was willing to understand if he told me he didn't have.
Anyway after dat incident, I developed dat mentality dat nobody on earth owes me anything.
Something like this happened to me too.

Nigga was my roommate back in service year, we were so close like brothers. So a year after youth service, things were so hard, I didnt have a job and I was so broke to the extent i couldn't even afford a 100naira to recharge my line.

I can't count the favors I have done this gee while we were together in service year meh.

Abi na when I give am 5k make him take travel to lagos? He actually asked to borrow the money so I gave him but between God and man when he came back, I never for once made mention of him giving me back to money and many others I can't remember.

Being that I really don't like asking people for stuffs, I had to gather mind and call him one day and told him my situation and that even if it was recharge card sef he should send me becos he was already working then.

Dude said i should call some minutes later abi na hour, I don forget sef.

I did call him back about thrice or so but he did not pick and he never did call me back till this day.

Meh, I was so pained to say to least. As in, the thing pain me to my bone marrow, becos I became depressed for some days sef.

But we thank God for life.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by ypeace: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2020
Pascopele:
Immediately after the burial, a friend of mine that I trust so much on nairaland came to me that he needed help.

He needed 600K to tie up a business deal that his life and future depends on it. He promised to bring back the money in 2 months. I explained my financial situation to him and how its expensive to do burial in our tradition and all that.

But being who I am, I wouldn't want a friend to pass up an opportunity so I approached my elder brother who in turn called a friend to lend me the money because my elder. My elder bro trust me with all he is got.

While collecting the 600K, I told them I will repay in two months time instead of the one month my friend told me.

One month elapsed and he didn't bring the money, I gave him grace of another two weeks hoping I will meet up with. The time I gave my elder bro and his friend.

One month elapsed and my dear friend behaved as if I am putting unnecessary pressure on him, saying ," Pasco, you chill na, I go arrange the bar give you, just exercise some patient a little longer", I don't like reneging on my words so I looked for someone on nairaland who borrowed me 600K in exchange for my 8 months salary starting from August last year to March

Those 8 months are the toughest period of my life. I was grieving my dad and couldn't support my mom the way I wanted to and couldn't explain it to anyone. Not even my elder bro knew what happened.

I swallowed it like man and was barely surviving for those 8 months.

I was Betrayed and he is still owing me.

I no swear o! But e go hard for me to stick my neck out for another like that and I learnt.

Lesson: Love all trust none. I don't borrow people money again. I give up on helping people. I swear but we move ✌️

I must use this opportunity to commend dagr8, my nairaland friend, who is now dead.

I lent him some money and he returned it as promised few days before he passed away.

May his soul rest in peace

38 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ogaonos: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

do you know what he himself was passing through. The fact you see people in fancy, doesn't mean their pocket is sooo rich.
wat are u saying.if he was passing through challenge he for let him friend knw DT he side get as e b.but promise go call back Nd refuse to pick e call like one lady did me Wen I was looking for funds for my dad burials.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Briller: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2020
yomi007k:
2. What sort of job did your do at that time? Do you know if she was having some problems of her own?

Atleast you should be grateful she took you to the hospital? Did she foot the bill too?

It's very difficult to deal with such level of betrayal. I mean, the OP was in a life,-threatening situation and not even a visit. Even if you were having your own personal problems and couldn't pay the patient a visit, the children would have stood in for her. If not for anything, to bring meals once in a while.

My conclusion is that probably the OP doesn't mix well in the society. I used to be like that at the circular sphere but family is key for me. So I really round family members cause I know I need them last last.

However, the OP's stand on existing as if alone is wrong. This is when he needs to network. If a Christian, team up with groups in your local church. They act as a support group in such situations.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ayo25: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2020
SteveOfu:
There are people who have sworn never to help anyone again, they are not bad people, they had their reasons.

They had gone through phases of betrayals from people they held tight to their heart. Share your story if you can relate.
If you will not help anyone, you too will not get help na. Nobody has the monopoly of helping others.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Briller: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

do you know what he himself was passing through. The fact you see people in fancy, doesn't mean their pocket is sooo rich.

Then the onus was on him (as a friend turned brother) to let the other party know.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Sniper101(m): 10:33am On Apr 14, 2020
Well, other than the usual "relationship betrayals"
I don't think I've had any other kind of betrayal that really got to me.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MrSly(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2020
yomi007k:

The above question didn't add up. They were aware that she had such problem. Even if she had her own challenges too she should have explained to her niece knowing her condition. This is pure wickedness just just betrayal.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MRAKBEE(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
well,
mine was wen I was in Benin
I ran laundry and to some extent it was successful. I had 3boys working for me . I had a keke which I use in delivering to my customer who re in far distance. then I had a friend who told me about a business which he ll like use to go into. the business was into phone accessories coupled with phone parts. I agreed, I rented the shop at oba market, did furnishing and other body works. during this time I borrowed money from lapo microfinance 300k, borrowed money from money lender about 580k. then I gave osas my friend to come to Lagos to buy the goods we re going to sell in our shop. osas come Lagos, osas no come back. I was so worried I had to go to his family house to know if his back but they said they didn't see him. I called his number and his number was switched off. call his gf and she said she doesn't know his were about. after a month I heard osas don go Malaysia. I ran back to his family house to ask his pple if it true. low and behold osas don travel and he knew I borrowed almost all those money for the business. I almost died. the pressure started coming in as to pay the loans I collected back. I had to sell my two washing machine, my dryer, and my keke and other tins from my shop and house to pay some of the debt. I had to let go of my two staff till I cud pay the money. but after every tin I found Benin uninteresting again cus I Ve lost every tin I Ve built over the years because of one person. I had to move from my room and palour selfcon to a one room, face me I face you, cus I cudnt afford it. my gf left me cus I too de complain money no de as b4. after the whole gbas gbos I relocated to Lagos for a fresh start as not kill my self cus of too much tinking and pressure. till today I pray for osas were ever he is, he ll find good in all he does. but I ll never trust any body again not even my family member. note trust is very expensive
Its well bro. You will be restored.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Eberechi24(f): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:

I never gossip sis
If it was something I said, I would have see it coming
I would have deserved it but sis my life is practically destroyed and I DON'T deserve that
I'm a good person

Just learn to place value on information. Don't let it out easily especially if the source is alive. When next you meet a detective aka gossip, direct her to the doorstep of right source(original owner of the story)

That friend you gave her bio don't deserve that. She deserved better either. Your comrade added oil and maggi to the story you gave her because you gave her the leverage.

Remain a good person and stay safe

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by madridguy(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2020
Sister, first i want you to know that only God Almighty gives and take life. I know how its feels to lost a love ones. Because of family issue i would have say some things here. I will conclude that our late fathers face same fate before they passed away. In few days will make exact a year my dad passed away, at first i felt exactly like you but later erase everything on mind and put all trust on God.

Take heart sister.

humblemikel:
Personally I haven't been betrayed yet as I don't even keep friends around,
I live a secluded kind of lifestyle and keep those that wants to come closer at arms length.
But in 2019,
I and my family witnessed the worst kind of betrayal ever,
My Dad, a very strong and compassionate man cried bitterly in his hospital bed because he was heartlessly betrayed to death by those he call his own.
I won't say much, as it's still fresh in my mind
I don't think anything will make me forgive those who drag my father to an early grave
Be careful of the people that eats from your table
They are the ones that will take the plate and smash on your face
The heart of Man is desperately WICKED

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 10:36am On Apr 14, 2020
WUdec:

I am guessing your job entails working at height and using a harness.

So what sort of job was it? Scaffolding, Insulation etc?
Yes work at height, but not on scaffolding. Task entails removal of monorails and external trusses with aid of a tower crane.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by mukthar2000(m): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2020
When my blood best childhood friend that we both went to the same primary ,secondary and high institution gave my future partnered to his neighbor guy becos of money during our secondary days.
But thanks Almighty God, I have my own wife, but married to another girl and kids and also had his own families too and we still maintain our friendship till now.But very very painful the way the betrayed me then to affecte my education.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by okrikaboi: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2020
Guy I finally go the class o we write test sef. I been wan write for you but I forget your mat number. You know how the pressure dey be na?

Me: (smokes my Marley kush with transparent
rizzla)
We adapt we move

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.