Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (103370 Views)

Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) / Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / After 3 Months Of Lockdown, See How People Sat Inside A Plane In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Coldie(m): 4:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
captainking:

you are only seeing the odd side of ph...there are really beautiful places in ph with fantastic roads, 24 hours electricity...etc..
but ph is a million times better than owerri
Where u dae get this lies from?

If u know how old Port Harcourt is, with all the benefits plus the oil hub yet look how embrassing the city is...

U want to compare it to owerri that just started seeing development in the early 2000's.

The fact that u can even compare owerri and ph alone tells u that ph is not trying.

As far back as 2001, owerri was just a town with villages surrounding it. While ph was a full blown city. 20years later u can now compare the 2.

Give the city some kudos.

U saying ph has 24hours light alone tells y that u are not in contact with the realities in the state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by captainking(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Coldie:

Where u dae get this lies from?

If u know how old Port Harcourt is, with all the benefits plus the oil hub yet look how embrassing the city is...

U want to compare it to owerri that just started seeing development in the early 2000's.

The fact that u can even compare owerri and ph alone tells u that ph is not trying.

As far back as 2001, owerri was just a town with villages surrounding it. While ph was a full blown city. 20years later u can now compare the 2.

Give the city some kudos.

U saying ph has 24hours light alone tells y that u are not in contact with the realities in the state
Its really not up for arguments
Though
i said some parts of ph..
'where i stay in ph...i enjoy at least 20 hours of light daily....daily..not weekly....most times...we enjoy 24 hours light for days...
i stay around woji side...anyone that stays there can confirm

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Coldie(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
captainking:

Its really not up for arguments
Though
i said some parts of ph..
'where i stay in ph...i enjoy at least 20 hours of light daily....daily..not weekly....most times...we enjoy 24 hours light for days...
i stay around woji side...anyone that stays there can confirm
Why does woji enjoy this privilege?

Is it cause the LG chairman is from there? Or the companies are supplying the community with electricity. Cause here I am. The community houses obio akpor LG headquarters, Adp, fire service, police station, and a federal agricultural agency, yet road ZERO, electricity POOR, security POOR, unemployment HIGH.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
Brown roofs all over in supposed oil city. This is cause for alarm.
This OP is living inside village in Rivers not Port Harcourt

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
Though few essential shops opened in PH

So baba ijebu is Essential!!
grin

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Kobicove(m): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
Stop showing only these hungry people's are of PH, show us the upper class area.

I have been to PH several times so I know these pics you posted are not a true representation of the city

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
Such a disgrace. Brown roofs everywhere angry

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Roseey0(f): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
This person just wants to mock ph undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
SalafRider:
Eh there's free movement within the state. You guys are enjoying oo cuz as I de type police mount their trucks for my junction for Abuja here as you de commot dem show you koboko, na you go reserve back with your legedise Benz jeje.

Calabar, you are free to travel within the state but if you decide to leave the state then don't bother coming back within this period unless you have a way with the security people Manning the interstate highways.

Calabar is safe and free to engage in any crowd event if the security do their job without bribe but we know theh a free so let to take 200 and allow anybody into the state..leg them just be firm with the cameroon border because the also have their people here
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by osuofia2(m): 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
PH is a beautiful well planned city with paved streets
Covid19 is making mad abi, what is beautiful about this

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Is this ph city? Why does it look ancient?
Sorry but....mehn.. I used to think pH looked way better.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by aalangel(f): 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
Honestly, I don't understand these pictures.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by pjc(m): 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
Op, hopefully after you've grown up then you'd understand there's nothing absolutely enjoyable about shutting down an economy.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by kendrick9(m): 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
sarcastic
You actually opened this thread to bash Port Harcourt.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ruggedtimi(m): 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
immaq8:
if truly this is PH, I will say no wonder, PH 1st son bow for OBO.
part of pH...same way other states across Nigeria has ghettos and under developed areas.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by SpatialKing(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
SalafRider:
Eh there's free movement within the state. You guys are enjoying oo cuz as I de type police mount their trucks for my junction for Abuja here as you de commot dem show you koboko, na you go reserve back with your legedise Benz jeje.
It depends on where you are staying in Abuja... I drove from Graki to Dai Dai and back to Garki today. As long as you have a valid ID card.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Dreason(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
what a beautiful city

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Beautyaddy: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
We are all at home. All the family members.

Look at all these shithole houses

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by SaintLucia: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
The place look like Ajegunle IPOB dominated area in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by callmeRichie(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=Adaogwashi1 post=88426334] cheesy
I still remain Ada ogwashi

ama serving Corp member there too sha
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by AngryIgboMan: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
As much as I don't like Port Harcourt and Wike, people should be aware that the op of this thread is Chino aka chinoelects. His fingerprints are all over this thread.

He is a vey wicked rascal whose only job is demarketing people and states.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
This neighbourhood tho
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by monfizzy(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
This PH is really a ghetto. This further confirmed a post made here last week about PH where everywhere looked like a cesspit.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Mrpojj(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
Due to lockdown our streets are now play ground. Beautiful.

This shud be diobu
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
PLS FELLOW NAIRALANDERS HELP YOUR FELLOW MAN I HAVE NOT EATEN SINCE MORNING BECAUSE OF THIS LOCK DOWN AND DONT KNOW HOW AM GOING TO COPE FOR THE NEXT REMAINING DAYS.PLS IF GOD TOUCHES UR HEART AND U WANT TO HELP THIS IS MY ACCOUNT NO 2062101062, UBA BANK.THANK U AND MAY GOD REPLENISH UR POCKET 100TIMES
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by omonnakoda: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
With all their oil revenue, Port Harcourt still looks like an average city with plenty of ghettos around. The first picture tells a lot about how the oil wealth in Rivers State is being stolen by few individuals. Come to Owerri and see wonders. You would think that should be Port Harcourt.
What is wrong with flattheads?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Ofemmanu1: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
A view of our street shows that people are obeying government order
If this was Ibadan, the mofhucking Igbos would have been shouting brown roof upandan.

8 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
People are really at their homes. I love PH

How does this picture show that people are really in their homes in PH....

This shows you are just playing stupid with your gibberish write posts...

Before you quote me, am not from PH pls....
Try to be civilised and mind your ghetto

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Iceyjayz: 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
I see dirty areas, jeez!

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by SweetCunt97(f): 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
SalafRider:
Lies. I passed all their check points, no one harrased me
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by auwalyau: 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
The problem is they keep showing ghetto and shanty areas of the city on Nairaland. Port Harcourt has very beautiful sights ans sounds. Sadly, the reporters always chooses the bad and ugly areas.
Cyberterror:
Port Harcourt is a disgrace to oil cities around the world. Houston, New Orleans, Abu Dhabi, Manama, Jeddah and all other oil cities will be ashamed that Port Harcourt is mentioned alongside them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.