Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (103319 Views)

Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) / Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / After 3 Months Of Lockdown, See How People Sat Inside A Plane In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Kamalex22(m): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
We are enjoying here oo

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by magzey: 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
I only see brown roof grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by specco(m): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
Since the South easterners shifted their focus from PH due to the " abandoned property" policy in 1970 after the Nigeria civil war, PH development stopped.Thats why the city is like this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Smartwave: 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
Brown roofs all over in supposed oil city. This is cause for alarm.
every city in Nigeria have brown roof residential area. Forget the cheat beaters from automous communities. But scattered all over brown roof cities

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by mechanics(m): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cholls:
my brother may God help you. All I see is hopelessness in the pictures.
Bros I disagree with you o.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by bonnyhope: 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Is this how oil producing state look like?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Evaz900(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
What is beautiful about this city, SMH
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by JonCina(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
With all their oil revenue, Port Harcourt still looks like an average city with plenty of ghettos around. The first picture tells a lot about how the oil wealth in Rivers State is being stolen by few individuals. Come to Owerri and see wonders. You would think that should be Port Harcourt.

You can't compare Owerri to PHC.
The poster just took pictures of his location: if you see pictures of other locations in Portharcourt, you go retract your statement comparing Owerri wey I know to PHC wey you no know!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by DATMAT(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
this Is shameful the whole PH is a slump.... even ikorodu is better compare to this whole sorry scaring place called PH

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by yvelchstores(f): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
People are really at their homes. I love PH
this is a political ploy. And seun was paid to always move these ghetto pics to fp. Argue with your phone.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by lielbree: 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
MrSly:
OP why did you snap only the ugly part of PH. Nawaoo. Show some luv na. PH is better than what you showed us.
Ok is a bìtch trying to sell Portharcourt short!
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Bizibi(m): 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

I say I throway salute
you don't need to be sarcastic,I have the plans which was done by my father till I took over.....some of the outskirts that are ghettos are part of Abuja and we pray a serious fct minister develop those areas.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Smartwave: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
specco:
Since the South easterners shifted their focus from PH due to the " abandoned property" policy in 1970 after the Nigeria civil war, PH development stopped.Thats why the city is like this.
chest beating as usual. And that has make Enugu great city right??

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Dshocker(m): 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
The op leaves in a face me i face you ghetto community.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by larryking540: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
With all their oil revenue, Port Harcourt still looks like an average city with plenty of ghettos around. The first picture tells a lot about how the oil wealth in Rivers State is being stolen by few individuals. Come to Owerri and see wonders. You would think that should be Port Harcourt.

You and I Know it's individual transformation such as personal buildings and accommodation of person's with taste ,my dear 9ja govt in general are not doing anything in any state ,,,,
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by PastorandMentor(m): 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
Op went to snap Dioub and Creek axis.
Why not be truthful?
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Kinematics: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
[b]Chino the onitsha village boy, I know you cant stop clowning, foolishness runs in your blood.

If you like snap all the waterfronts and slums in ph and post here, it wont change the fact that ph is 100% better than your landlocked, red mud, barren, erosion ravaged shanty called Onitsha/anambra.

You can use 1 million monikers to express your stupidity on nairaland. Only those who know nothing about PH will express their ignorance here.

As for you, who no know your level of being a fool will take you serious.

I've asked you again again, why do you always leave your village(the slum called Onitsha) to ph to seek for your daily bread?

Your village(the shit called onitsha) is so good yet you keep running away from it.

This is your 2nd thread of ph(according to you you want "to de-market ph"wink, please snap more waterfronts we need more, I'm enjoying your stupidity.

I know next you'll bring another edited picture of someone's house/estate that you called onitsha.
The true onitsha has been posted here last week.

Ph will always be years ahead of onitsha and I know it pains you so much...

Bring in more thread atleast you cant live without ph.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by PRINTIKANIGERIA: 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Let me correct an impression here with the little I know of PH.

I think the Op and the other guy who posted similar pictures lives in the sames area of portharcourt (Lagos street, Town, Borokiri, Water Side, New Market, Nembe etc)

These areas are what we call the ghetto part of a city. (Majority of those leaving in PH does not know the road to these places. Especially if you are to go beyond Lagos bus stop, Aggrey Road)

I am currently based in Lagos and forget the hypes you get from Nigerian States, they are all trash.
The only states with reasonable developments are Abuja , Lagos and to a large extent port Harcourt (forget these ghetto pictures. The state is well planned)

I think there is an Agenda to discredit the beauty of the City . ( I don't know what they stand to gain by snapping pictures of areas majorly occupied by the poor and less privileged in the state.)

Most of the Areas in PH are gated for security reasons. There is an island called eagle Island which presently you can't drink any satchet water and drop on the street or road. ( dem go flog u)

They have so many Rumus
Eg rumuola, Rumuomasi, Rumuobiakani, Rumuopirikom, Romuodumanya, Rumuosi, Rumoimoi, Romuola, Rumuokuta, Rumuebekwe (na estates full here) Rumuigbo, Rumuolumeni etc

Orazi (Well planned, dem sabi get light like winch) Wimpey, Choba, Mgbuoba, Artillary, Garrison, TransAmadi, Eliozu, Dline (well planned) Old Gra , new Gra, Agip, Location, Olu Obasanjo, Cocain Village (well planned) Igwuruta, Rukpokwu, Amadi Ama (well planned) Abuloma (well planned) tank, Slaughter, Woji (well planned) etc

Above are some beautiful areas in Port Harcourt, don't be deceived by the ghetto pictures.
I have been in almost all states in Nigeria and I can state for a fact that only 3 states has seen a bit of development (Abj ,Lag, Phc)

PS: someone should please quote me on the first page. Thank you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by BeijinDossier: 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
cheesy

PORT HARCOURT city

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Daintydan: 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hahaha ��!! Which Port Harcourt is this? The one I live in? So the ghettos of Diobu is the only picture you want to show us? Chai!!
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
Two things are involved.

Either this OP is yoloba trying to show SW is not the only region with brown roof or she is showing riverrine ijaw community.

PH is beautiful city

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by larryking540: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
inereunwa1:
in my state you hardly see brown roof!! I love my state Edo!!

Color roof is more better than this zinc roof called roof
I love Edo state Sha
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Parisian: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
Lagos has worse areas than this, do you use ikotun, ajegunle etc to stereotype the whole of Lagos?

This is one if the worst areas of PH that this OP posted.
immaq8:
if truly this is PH, I will say no wonder, PH 1st son bow for OBO.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Cholls(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
mechanics:
Bros I disagree with you o.
my brother go on! The floor is open for discussion
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by nams77: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
Due to lockdown our streets are now play ground. Beautiful.
Which area is this? Looks like an area i visited last year. Can't even remember the name
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by larryking540: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
Daintydan:
Hahaha ��!! Which Port Harcourt is this? The one I live in? So the ghettos of Diobu is the only picture you want to show us? Chai!!
Show us ur own
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by PastorandMentor(m): 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
Op has challenged me.
I'm moving round tomorrow to take real pictures.
At least I'm in town until the end of Covid-19

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by braimeddy: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
This must be diobu
AgentNairaland:
Which Area Is This In PH
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by solreb: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:
DSTV is trying this period, what would we have done without them
Study and meditate on your bible
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by Parisian: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
Stop showing your ignorance everywhere.
The op posted some of the worst areas in PH and everyone knows that.
Coldie:
I wonder why people are acting paranoid.

The only parts of pH that has little hope is Gra. Even the Gra is looking old.

Its only govt roads and projects that try to help the city.

PH no really send beauty.

The way that area is, is how majority of ph is apart from Gra.

It won't be easy for any reasonable non indigene to build a reasonable structure in anywhere outside Gra, if u do u will be living in paranoia that somebody wants to kidnap u. And its true really if u loose guard them don carry u
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by trevorhorace(m): 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
Okuda:

are you a tribal bigot?

I only know one tribe -- Nigerian, and one race...humanity.
Re: Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES by clovislouis(m): 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremi:

PH is beautiful and well planned, use Google earth to view it
u high on cheap weed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.