Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings (21816 Views)

Soludo: Finally Sanity Restored Back To Onitsha: My Observation Today / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video) / See The Concentration Of People Listening To President Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by cassidy1996(m): 7:44am On Apr 20, 2020
how strong
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by lenghtinny(m): 7:46am On Apr 20, 2020
These deluded guy’s definition of high rise is different from the usual English definition.

High rise ko, Low fall ni

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 7:48am On Apr 20, 2020
Blossomfirst:
Highrise buildings are buildings with 20 or more floors.. I know cause am an architect
In igboland, two to four story building is an high-rise to them.

The International Conference on Fire Safety in High-Rise Buildings defined a high-rise as "any structure where the height can have a serious impact on evacuation" In the U.S., the National Fire Protection Association defines a high-rise as being higher than 75 feet (23 meters), or about 7 stories.

But in igboland, any 2 to 4 story building is an high-rise cheesy

Below are what high rise look like

12 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by lenghtinny(m): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:
Onitsha will start building 20 to 50 storey buildings once 24 hours electricity is guaranteed to the city.

Right now they will limit it to 5 to 6 stories buildings.

This is common sense. You need reliable electricity to operate the lifts
You suddenly changed gear when you realized goofed.

We don’t care if you guys build 100 storey buildings as long as you don’t go about misusing words as if you are talking KG one kids.

12 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 20, 2020
ZUBY77:
Onitsha has the highest concentration of high rises west Africa
calm down

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by SoNature(m): 7:49am On Apr 20, 2020
Smithkafors:

To some extent it's true.Most high rise buildings in Lagos are along the road.Abi they get another one.Majority of Lagos buildings are along the road,apart from areas in mainland,most inner lands are fallow especially in island area's,those that have buildings are mostly duplex.I believe individuals own more story buildings in Onitsha than Lagos. Before you start arguing,igbos control building materials market in Nigeria (look at dangote highest customer always igbos,tiles,paint etc).Why is it like that?,that's because igbos prefer building their houses anywhere they reside Lagos to Kano to Anambra they build story buildings for residents to reside as their investment.

Huncle, your argument is baseless

No Nigerian state or city has high-rise structures like Lagos

From the emboldened, you changed the subject from the location of buildings to who owns them.

Mind you, I am also Igbo

18 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by EcoBrick: 7:52am On Apr 20, 2020
SoNature:

Bro, where did you get the figure from?

I think you should visit Lagos before concluding

Exactly. Attached below are sections of Yaba in Lagos and has far more of the kind of buildings the Op is showing off as 'high-rise'. Both the Op and the person you quoted don't know what they are talking about.

10 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Aderr: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2020
This OP doesn't know the meaning of the term high rise

6 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2020
SoNature:

Bro, where did you get the figure from?
I think you should visit Lagos before concluding
Logos fronts but inner is a pure lie

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2020
lenghtinny:

You suddenly changed gear when you realized goofed.

We don’t care if you guys build 100 storey buildings as long as you don’t go about misusing words as if you are talking KG one kids.

Please look at the international definition of highrises. It’s 75 feet/ 23 m or above which is equivalent to 7 stories or more.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-rise_building#

A lot of your guys were claiming it’s 20 floors or more which is very wrong.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:
Onitsha will start building 20 to 50 storey buildings once 24 hours electricity is guaranteed to the city.

Right now they will limit it to 5 to 6 stories buildings.

This is common sense. You need reliable electricity to operate the lifts
So why are you shouting high rise before. All those old are storey buildings. No high rise in onitsha.

low-rise building is a building with up to four stories. A mid-rise building is generally between four to eleven or twelve stories. And a high-rise building is anything twelve stories or greater. Some contend that there should be an ultra or super high-rise to classify those buildings which are incredibly high.

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Igbosmoker:
So a story or two buildings in now high rise abi?

This is a real high rise building with tons of houses on top houses not than hut

You are poorly educated

Yours is Google high-rise..

Op has his own definition of high rise.

You rushed to go screenshot from other civilisation, abi?

You dey shame to see such in ur village?

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
Almost 2/3 of those buildings belongs to foreigners.. Afonjas are lazy and broke
No be high roses again, grin afonja is responsible for your pained and fustrated life abi undecided I know you have the record of who owns each and every buildings in Lagos, all the fustrated yanmuri and decent hard-working ibos are welcome to the west, but don't come and set up baby factory business here.

6 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
In igboland, two to four story building is an high-rise to them.

The International Conference on Fire Safety in High-Rise Buildings defined a high-rise as "any structure where the height can have a serious impact on evacuation" In the U.S., the National Fire Protection Association defines a high-rise as being higher than 75 feet (23 meters), or about 7 stories.

But in igboland, any 2 to 4 story building is an high-rise cheesy

Below are what high rise look like

US defined?

You no get your own definition?

Slave mentality.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

No be high roses again, grin afonja is responsible for your pained and fustrated life abi undecided I know you have the record of who owns each and every buildings in Lagos, all the fustrated yanmuri and decent hard-working ibos are welcome to the west, but don't come and set up baby factory business here.

Answer him

How many buildings una own there?
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
So why are you shouting high rise before. All those old are storey buildings. No high rise in onitsha.

low-rise building is a building with up to four stories. A mid-rise building is generally between four to eleven or twelve stories. And a high-rise building is anything twelve stories or greater. Some contend that there should be an ultra or super high-rise to classify those buildings which are incredibly high.

It is his definition of high rise. Define yours not quoting Americans.

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You are poorly educated

Yours is Google high-rise..

Op has his own definition of high rise.

You rushed to go screenshot from other civilisation, abi?

You dey shame to see such in ur village?
so there different definition of high rise building abi? You are the uneducated one here.

Those two or three story buildings he posted isn't highrise sorry to bust your bubble

6 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Igbosmoker:
so there different definition of high rise building abi? You are the uneducated one here.

Those two or three story buildings he posted isn't highrise sorry to bust your bubble

Not only bubble but balloon. Who gets time for such nonsense..

Op made his point clear but dome stupidity won't allow others read and understand simple message all just because of pained and evil minds.

Why not screenshot all buildings in Europe, Asia and America.....drop it here to show your sophisticated thinking..

If such Dey your community na crime?
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2020
This is a zoomed in picture.

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 8:11am On Apr 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Answer him

Just like your fellow fustrated and joblessness yanmuri that first mentioned me, grin I will be glad and willing to pay your fustrated poverty recked life for the record time to count and put the records of who owns every buildings in Lagos, for archive purpose, so that I will be able to give accurate and correct answer to another f**lish fustrated yanmuri who will ask the same questions.

Chest beating kills faster than AIDs...

8 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Not only bubble but balloon. Who gets time for such nonsense..

Op made his point clear but dome stupidity won't allow others read and understand simple message all just because of pained and evil minds.

Why not screenshot all buildings in Europe, Asia and America.....drop it here to show your sophisticated thinking..

If such Dey your community na crime?
oga quench your anger and remove hate from your heart and bias from your eyes.

That pictures he posted isn't highrise building, same way I will correct youba or hausa if they post a false information about a thing on the internet in order to act superior.

And who told you there's no storey buildings in where I'm from? Lmao you are deluded if you think it's only south east that has that

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:
This is a zoomed in picture.
O boy shocked see high roses in the land of falling sun grin

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

Just like your fellow fustrated and joblessness yanmuri that first mentioned me, grin I will be glad and willing to pay your fustrated poverty recked life for the record time to count and put the records of who owns every buildings in Lagos, for archive purpose, so that I will be able to give accurate and correct answer to another f**lish fustrated yanmuri who will ask the same questions.

Chest beating kills faster than AIDs...

Can you now answer him?

Answer him

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 8:21am On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

O boy shocked see high roses in the land of falling sun grin

You know one thing, the real joke is on you. It’s easy to hide Under Lagos to throw insults but when we start producing pictures of the remaining south west cities which most of you guys refuse to claim.

Anyway more HIGHRISES in onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Kinematics: 8:23am On Apr 20, 2020
olamidedivotee:
If Onitsha is better than Lagos

Why do ibos relocate to Lagos for greener pastures

5 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 20, 2020
Igbosmoker:
oga quench your anger and remove hate from your heart and bias from your eyes.

That pictures he posted isn't highrise building, same way I will correct youba or hausa if they post a false information about a thing on the internet in order to act superior.

And who told you there's no storey buildings in where I'm from? Lmao you are deluded if you think it's only south east that has that

Correction my foot. That you correct Yorubas or Hausas is non of my business or do you see me in such threads typing if not invited directly or indirectly. Advice that has no bearing with.

Secondly I am not interested where you are from. I asked a simple question are you ashamed of such buildings clustered in your village? or do you go about snapping pictures up and down to prove an invalid point?

Did you read where I stated that it is only SE that has storey building?...quite a stupid allegation.....by Nigeria and Nigerians.

I only corrected the Google pictures u are busy bringing out to a clear message. You guys should learn how to comment constructively instead of minds full of pain, evil and sophiscation. Is that how Omoluabis behave?
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Kinematics: 8:23am On Apr 20, 2020
They have started

8 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 20, 2020
Kinematics:
They have started

Lol
Forever in pain.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Correction my foot. That you correct Yorubas or Hausas is non of my business or do you see me in such threads typing if not invited directly or indirectly. Advice that has no bearing with.

Secondly I am not interested where you are from. I asked a simple question are you ashamed of such buildings clustered in your village? or do you go about snapping pictures up and down to prove an invalid point?

Did you read where I stated that it is only SE that has storey building?...quite a stupid allegation.....by Nigeria and Nigerians.

I only corrected the Google pictures u are busy bringing out to a clear message. You guys should learn how to comment constructively instead of minds full of pain, evil and sophiscation. Is that how Omoluabis behave?
oga shut up and stop typing giberish.

That picture and video he posted isn't an high rise building but a multi story buildings.

Keep crying and wailing

7 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 8:31am On Apr 20, 2020
adeolakemi:
I love igbo people oh my maternal home not my ekiti where our men are lazy

Your people in Ekiti are lazy because they do not hawk gala?

Hawking gala or opening 2×2 shops unfortunately is being mentally lazy.Your Ekiti people have caught gala hawkers' people
many a time begging for alms in Ekiti.
In short,the 2×2 shops people are the poorest in the south of Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:

You know one thing, the real joke is on you. It’s easy to hide Under Lagos to throw insults but when we start producing pictures of the remaining south west cities which most of you guys refuse to claim.

Anyway more HIGHRISES in onitsha.

Onitsha is the only developed area in the SE,reason you people always post it as Igboland.Are you not ashamed of yourselves?

Ibadan still remains more developed than the entire Igboland.

7 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by adeolakemi: 8:41am On Apr 20, 2020
Cosbyrich:

Your people in Ekiti are lazy because they do not hawk gala?

Hawking gala or opening 2×2 shops unfortunately is being mentally lazy.Your Ekiti people have caught gala hawkers' people
many a time begging for alms in Ekiti.
In short,the 2×2 shops people are the poorest in the south of Nigeria.
are you one of the lazy ekiti Yoruba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Snapshot Of Revised Labour Party Presidential Campaigh Time Table / "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali / Keep Quiet, You Have Failed’ – Wike Blasts Amaechi, APC Leaders In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.