Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings (21918 Views)

Soludo: Finally Sanity Restored Back To Onitsha: My Observation Today / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video) / See The Concentration Of People Listening To President Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by theenchanter: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
HimName:

Oh my God.

Ragos fine oo

I am an IPOB member.

I am ready to deny my identity just to go to ragos.

Prease blother Seetto, coman help me talk to mpa and de-chinedu to allow you to take me to obodo ragos.

I sabi work well well

I fit dance ogene dance for village square and pursue premature rabbit for bush. I sabi work well well.

Help me blother.
oga, u no well, I swear.

U've killed me with laughter o, u should be arrested. grin

6 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2020
Cosbyrich:
mumu...stop quoting sources that you personally wrote yourself.
You guys are the most educated? Joke of the century. Igbos are still coming out yearly as best graduating students in your school while also dominating the east. You think it's easy to dominate two regions at the same time

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Redcrafton: 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

You dey cra*ze, you should throw that question to your boastful iyanmirin bloders, that we not allowed us to rest with chest beating.

We are proud that is Abuja in Nigeria, the first made city in Africa

You can never hear gwaris beating chest throwing tantrum on other tribe, because of Abuja.

Ogbeni you are getting confused.

Where are iyanmirin bloders chest beating that they own Lagos. Lagos belong to all just like Abuja. I used that as an example. How can the gwari claim Abuja when they have not input other than it was cited in the region. If you can see gwaris beating chest why are you afonjjjjars doing so with Lagos?

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Aderr: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Gucciboss:

[s]Foolish questions as usual. Did you see where I was chest beating as a genius like the person I quoted. You people always rush to defend nonsense.[/s]
So you are not free because you are no genius, according to you. wink
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Sofistcatdmoron: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

This is Lagos the land of afonja.. cool cool
Cone headed Ewedu goblin moronic slaves of a cow,,
Which part of lagos is ewedu land,,, grin,
Keep dreaming bro, by the way dream is free grin

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

Ogbeni you are getting confused.

Where are iyanmirin bloders chest beating that they own Lagos. Lagos belong to all just like Abuja. I used that as an example. How can the gwari claim Abuja when they have not input other than it was cited in the region. If you can see gwaris beating chest why are you afonjjjjars doing so with Lagos?

You are the confused person here, you dey beat chest or who are the chest beater, tell your bloders from the Eastern republic to stop chesting by claiming the developers of China and every where.

And where do you want Gwaris to claim, they should claim your tiny republic you are managing or the ones erosion don chop?

If you are ibo, you are a stranger in Abuja, if you are ibo, you are a stranger in Lagos, kiss the truth.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:

See this one, wey lamurdi cownu urine don rusticate in brain grin grin grin,, join with the sticking ass of your black Fulani slave master Atiku afrimpong. grin grin

In your dream Peter obi is Lagos State Governor..

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
You guys are the most educated? Joke of the century. Igbos are still coming out yearly as best graduating students in your school while also dominating the east. You think it's easy to dominate two regions at the same time

That is no surprise.
Everyone knows you dominate hawking galas,chewing sticks and 2×2 shops.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
They have started again, if we bring the fact Now, they will start their victim cry. Na so so lie
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Bros Horsepower! I still believe we would not see the emergence of a high-rise/skyscraper panoramic view of Onitsha...or any other city in the east for that matter, until either the Nigerian political-economy reverts back to its pre-66 settings or we get secession from Nigeria! For now, the only cities in Nigeria that can witness such are Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and possibly Kaduna! smiley

I believe we will even within Nigeria once nextoil and oilserv finish their gas pipelines which will make it easier to build power plants.

Also seplat and shell are building two separate gas processing facilities in imo state. This is another hope for more stable electricity.

Finally, another company is building a refinery in Imo which could generate electricity as a by product.

We can start building standard highrises even before we get our nation.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:

lol
Who is dreaming between the two of you now,Yorubas who control,rule,govern and own Lagos or Igbos who are labourers in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by forgiveness: 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
liar and slave.

When the British annexed Lagos in 1861 there was nothing like towns...it was just an outpost of Benin kingdom. There was no development. The then oba was paying taxes to Benin king and there was not up to 1000 people living in Lagos then.

It was a town with schools (Baptist Academy 1855 & CMS grammar school 1859, etc) bar (Iloja bar built in 1855), Oba palace (Refurbished by Portuguese in 18th), British Consulate office, trade, Portuguese traders in Campos square (known as Portuguese quarters), etc and population was 30,000 in 1859.

Snapshots. grin

It took British effort to turn it into something. There were not very interested in using yoruba labor because they felt the natives were not very civilised and can't speak English so they resettled returning slaves either in Freetown or in Lagos and these returning slaves (who can be of any tribe) were the labor used to build both Freetown and Lagos

British didn't resettle the slaves that arrived from Bahia in 1835. They were deported by the Brazilian authority due to the Male (Yoruba word for Islam) revolt, and they are Yorubas. Kpom

Colonial Lagos developed into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an architecture that blended Victorian and Brazilian styles. The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and masons who had returned from Brazil. The black elite was composed of English-speaking "Saros" from Sierra Leone and other emancipated slaves who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba

which yoruba man was governor when all these were being built.... grin grin

It doesn't change the fact that no one kobo of SE, SS & North was used to build those infrastructures. Fact

Yoruba have always been opportunists... everything you guys have ever gotten has been because of the sweat or misfortune of another person. You can never stand on your own...that is why regardless of everything you have today, none of you Afonjas ever talk about independence from Nigeria

Did you build Oyo Empire for Yorubas? grin

Lagos developed as at 1900 without the misfortune or sweat of SE, SS & North. Fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Moneywomen17(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
are u dumb. How can u proudly say ibo are leading Yoruba in education.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Moneywomen17(m): 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
They have started again, if we bring the fact Now, they will start their victim cry. Na so so lie
leave him make he dey say rubbish

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

These pictures and environment are still much more better the ancient relics of Ibadan, Abeokuta and Oshogbo.

You were late to civilization but still have more dilapidated relics than Ibadan.
You still allow Ibadan to have more modern infrastructures than the entire Igboland.
One can never find something like this in the entire South East while only Ibadan has many. You can only find one coffin-like structure in Anambra grin

5 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Kidakudz5: 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Gucciboss:

You must not die in one Nigeria. Seek for your own country if you hate your fellow countrymen. You hate Igbos yet you want to share the same country with them. Don't you have shame? You people are suffering from inferiority complex. The fact that you are afraid of being on your own shows that you people don't even trust nor have confidence in your own people. You guys are afraid of what your future will look like being left in the midst of ritualist, agbero, charlatans etc.

Your guys always want good for only yourselves. That is wickedness. That's why your villages are littered with bastards with no father or mother. Your people in mushin can no longer sleep because of hateful criminals like you. Should we blame Igbo for that too?

Charity begins at home. Worry about your crime infested Yoruba communities and leave Igbos alone. They are not reason why child rape are increasingly rampant in your communities.

Get sense Mr Yoruba man.
why don't you tell your emigrating miserable people who can't stay in their landlocked land to stop coming to our place.. or do you see us in your lands?

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Ayekotoo(m): 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
Anambralstson:

Stop smoking Okitipupa weed, 1-3 storeys is low-rise, 4-5 is mid rise, 6 and above is high rise

Lagos is nation's commercial city, being develope by all, Eko Atlantic city you mentioned is being founded by Lebanese family, the only Nigeria that acquired property there in Igbo man, majority of the high rises were not built by your kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by eagleu: 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
olamidedivotee:
If Onitsha is better than Lagos

Why do ibos relocate to Lagos for greener pastures

Good morning Oga.
Lagos was the federal capital territory for ALL Nigerians. It's still the financial capital, thanks to federal government efforts.

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Ayekotoo(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

Ogbeni, is it the koboko you are using for the I million boys miscreants?

Are they your friends or relatives?

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Ayekotoo(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:
[/s]i said it,
Afonja will always be moronic slaves cows, , why calling ibadan. grin dirty ibadan brown roof has nothing good to offer,,
Afonja land will always be backward ,,,thats y you keep claiming lagos, keep trying grin
You folks migrated from afonja land to lagos
We don't claim Lagos, it's ours by default. Being built by Awolowo - led Yoruba people. Ikeja Industrial Estate comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kidakudz5:
why don't you tell your emigrating miserable people who can't stay in their landlocked land to stop coming to our place.. or do you see us in your lands?
lol

The guy is confused.

Igbos are afraid to stay in their region and running to Yorubas who do not come to their region except to give them agbo that will reset their brains. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
Moneywomen17:
are u dumb. How can u proudly say ibo are leading Yoruba in education.
look at the stats here...not audio nonsense

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Ayekotoo(m): 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
in what way was western Nigeria more developed and prosperous that eastern region... Afonjas propaganda

Show us had facts...is it cocoa house? Lmao

Even if facts are slapped on your faces, you would still come with an excuse. Ask Nnamdi Azikwe why he came to school in Yoruba land and your people wanted to kill themselves over Vice chancellor's positions in western Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by forgiveness: 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

Neither was it developed by you from SW. Period!

Today who owns Savannah Bank building in Tinubu Square, the UBA house, the Nest Oil Towers, and Zenith Bank building...etc etc.

My friend why not spend you time chasing Oshogbo?

It was. See snapshot below. grin

And you think SW don't have anything? grin

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Even if facts are slapped on your faces, you would still come with an excuse. Ask Nnamdi Azikwe why he came to school in Yoruba land and your people wanted to kill themselves over Vice chancellor's positions in western Nigeria.
because we knew you people are not qualified to hold such positions cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by leokid866: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2020
I have gone through this thread and come across so many insults against the Yoruba people, please if you are Yoruba and reading this, please from this point forward let's start boycotting everything igbo. I used to love them from their culture to music to food, but since I got close to them and see how they reason I have lost that love and since started boycotting them. Please there's nothing they offer you can't get from a Yoruba man, please lets start taking our money and love and start investing it in Yoruba owned business. And this is not coming from a place of hate, I still want them to prosper and grow in leaps and bounds, but my money, time and future of my kin will not be involved in the process. Let each man hold onto his own
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Moneywomen17(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
look at the stats here...not audio nonsense
this is stats of no of candidates that registered in 2014 now. Can u read at all
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

How many of those development were from you that came from Oyo, Osun, Ektit and Ondo?

People have been migrating into Lagos before your arrival from hitherland.
u be confirm mumu

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Ayekotoo(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

Neither was it developed by you from SW. Period!

Today who owns Savannah Bank building in Tinubu Square, the UBA house, the Nest Oil Towers, and Zenith Bank building...etc etc.

My friend why not spend you time chasing Oshogbo?

Bella Disu unveils multi billion naira high rise in Lagos

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Moneywomen17:
this is stats of no of candidates that registered in 2014 now. Can u read at all
lol I said it. You Afonjas are not more educated than abokì.

Please go back to that post and see where it was clearly mentioned the percentage of people that passed 5 subjects including English and maths

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Ayekotoo(m): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
because we knew you people are not qualified to hold such positions cheesy

No it was greed and covetousness. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today / PMB The Only President That Can Whip People With Koboko & They Will Smile- Sani / Ohaneze Warns Igbo Not To Be Part Of The Hardship Protest In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.