Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings (21932 Views)

Soludo: Finally Sanity Restored Back To Onitsha: My Observation Today / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video) / See The Concentration Of People Listening To President Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Chanchit: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Smithkafors:

To some extent it's true.Most high rise buildings in Lagos are along the road.Abi they get another one.Majority of Lagos buildings are along the road,apart from areas in mainland,most inner lands are fallow especially in island area's,those that have buildings are mostly duplex.I believe individuals own more story buildings in Onitsha than Lagos.Before you start arguing,igbos control building materials market in Nigeria (look at dangote highest customer always igbos,tiles,paint etc).Why is it like that?,that's because igbos prefer building their houses anywhere they reside Lagos to Kano to Anambra they build story buildings for residents to reside as their investment.

In other words, the highrise buildings in Lagos, Kano and every other parts of Nigeria belongs to the Igbos? This is why no body takes you guys serious. You all live in grandeur delusion.

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Corporate2020: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Igbo, The most successful tribe in Nigeria.

Everywhere soft in this photos

No single brown roof

Igbo Amaka

Yet, they won't leave other people's homes. Even when they were abducted and dumped at Upper Iweka Bridge Head at 2:00AM, before 15 minutes they've all jumped into the next available trailer moving cows to Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by IGBOSON1: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:
Onitsha will start building 20 to 50 storey buildings once 24 hours electricity is guaranteed to the city.

Right now they will limit it to 5 to 6 stories buildings.

This is common sense. You need reliable electricity to operate the lifts

Bros Horsepower! I still believe we would not see the emergence of a high-rise/skyscraper panoramic view of Onitsha...or any other city in the east for that matter, until either the Nigerian political-economy reverts back to its pre-66 settings or we get secession from Nigeria! For now, the only cities in Nigeria that can witness such are Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and possibly Kaduna! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Redcrafton: 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
forgiveness:

1911. That was after Lagos/western colony was merged with Protectorate of Southern Nigeria in 1901.

Before then, Zero people from SE, SS & North migrated to Lagos. Sorry.

If you don't agree, show me 1900 stats. grin

There was no record of you migrating from your hitherland till about 1931

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Who were the Brazilians that developed Lagos along with the Yoruba indigenes before British came to add more? Yoruba slaved deported from Brazil as the result of Male revolt in Bahia. Fact

Lagos had telephone (1886), new paper publication house (1896), Banks (1894 & 1899), electricity (1896), Tramway system (1901), carter bridge (1901), Lagos - Ibadan train (1900), paved roads with cars etc before other tribes stepped a foot in Lagos, and only SW money was used to accomplish these. That's my point.
liar and slave.

When the British annexed Lagos in 1861 there was nothing like towns...it was just an outpost of Benin kingdom. There was no development. The then oba was paying taxes to Benin king and there was not up to 1000 people living in Lagos then.

It took British effort to turn it into something. There were not very interested in using yoruba labor because they felt the natives were not very civilised and can't speak English so they resettled returning slaves either in Freetown or in Lagos and these returning slaves (who can be of any tribe) were the labor used to build both Freetown and Lagos

Lagos had telephone (1886), new paper publication house (1896), Banks (1894 & 1899), electricity (1896), Tramway system (1901), carter bridge (1901), Lagos - Ibadan train (1900), paved roads with cars etc before other tribes stepped a foot in Lagos
which yoruba man was governor when all these were being built.... grin grin

Yorubas have always been opportunists... everything you guys have ever gotten has been because of the sweat or misfortune of another person. You can never stand on your own...that is why regardless of everything you have today, none of you Afonjas ever talk about independence from Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Redcrafton: 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
who told you Ghana and rwanda are both doing well. Have you lived in Ghana before? Sure you don't want to. When Sudan split what is happening to South Sudan?

I have been in both countries and they have peace and constant electricity plus low crime rate.

For get about Sudan. That's what you Yorubas who claim nobody is stopping people from leaving normally bring up as excuse.

Why didn't you use other countries that left with no issues?

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Redcrafton: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ayekotoo:
Igbos have started their Chest beating again. You people don't get tired? Creating thread upon thread just to massage their ego. Yorubas are here to give you the koboko of your lives.

Ogbeni, is it the koboko you are using for the I million boys miscreants?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Bizibi:
hmm.....this Yoruba guy is vexed.
grin

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by NaijadrivaCars: 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Myndd44, is this not FP worthy?
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by HimName: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

You people no dey tire, only fustrated and pained yanmuri from nnewi and upper nweke village do all this unnecessary chest beating, the hard working ibos are raking in millions and give no shiit about tribal bigotry.

This is the shiit you are comparing with lagos

Oh my God.

Ragos fine oo

I am an IPOB member.

I am ready to deny my identity just to go to ragos.

Prease blother Seetto, coman help me talk to mpa and de-chinedu to allow you to take me to obodo ragos.

I sabi work well well

I fit dance ogene dance for village square and pursue premature rabbit for bush. I sabi work well well.

Help me blother.

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
Anambralstson:

You are welcome bro, but these pictures you posted are Nkwelle in Oyo local government, Nkwelle is now part of Onitsha metropolis with other sub towns, I was the one that covered the area.
wait o, Oyo lga for anambra
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by NigerianSage: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
In the real world, below is what they call high rise, but somewhere in onisha village, it's called something else.

Visitor ko, customer ni. Anything to seek attention because of low self esteem and inferiority complex as usual...

smh..

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by sofiscatedmoron: 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

[s]grin grin the whole five Eastern state when put together is not up to ibadan in terms of land mass, erosion has eaten half, by the time eriosion chop all, Eastern republic will go into Extinction, then you will be begging to get a place to settle your fucking ass, no wonder you tagged wherever you go to, no man's land,

Lagos is bini ancestry land, less I forgot, oba rildwan akiolu is from bini, sanwoolu is from bini, lamurdi cownu the cause of your depressed and fustrated life is also from bini, stop consumi cownu urine u no go hear word, see what it has caused your fustrated life.

What ever developed Lagos, the face of Lagos will never change and the present location will remain where it is,

Get the bleeped out of mention, take medication and be free of cownudisis, condition characerised by excessive intake of cownu urine.

[/s]i said it,
Afonja will always be moronic slaves cows, , why calling ibadan. grin dirty ibadan brown roof has nothing good to offer,,
Afonja land will always be backward ,,,thats y you keep claiming lagos, keep trying grin
You folks migrated from afonja land to lagos

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
liar and slave.

When the British annexed Lagos in 1861 there was nothing like towns...it was just an outpost of Benin kingdom. There was no development. The then oba was paying taxes to Benin king and there was not up to 1000 people living in Lagos then.

It took British effort to turn it into something. There were not very interested in using yoruba labor because they felt the natives were not very civilised and can't speak English so they resettled returning slaves either in Freetown or in Lagos and these returning slaves (who can be of any tribe) were the labor used to build both Freetown and Lagos

which yoruba man was governor when all these were being built.... grin grin

Yorubas have always been opportunists... everything you guys have ever gotten has been because of the sweat or misfortune of another person. You can never stand on your own...that is why regardless of everything you have today, none of you Afonjas ever talk about independence from Nigeria

You Osus are very funny.Is it Ekwueme that was the premier of the Western Region when it became more developed and prosperous than the Eastern Region and even lent money twice to Nigeria?
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Cosbyrich:

You Osus are very funny.Is it Ekwueme that was the premier of the Western Region when it became more developed and prosperous than the Eastern Region and even lent money twice to Nigeria?
in what way was western Nigeria more developed and prosperous that eastern region... Afonjas propaganda

Show us had facts...is it cocoa house? Lmao

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by NigerianSage: 3:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
Don't let them fool you with aerial pictures, let them show you the same place on the ground, it's nothing but dirty and ugly onisha in full color.

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
EcoBrick:

Exactly. Attached below are sections of Yaba in Lagos and has far more of the kind of buildings the Op is showing off as 'high-rise'. Both the Op and the person you quoted don't know what they are talking about.

Not only Yaba,Ebute Metta has a lot of multistory houses more than Onitsha.The only difference is that they are not jammed in a tiny area like that of Onitsha.The problem with the person posting this is that he is a mere trader who does not move about even if he stays in Lagos.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
Cosbyrich:

the same way you sophisticated Moro's claim that you are the most developed region in Nigeria today. If asked why you will tell us IGR grin
Meanwhile your region has the same bad roads, same dirty streets, the same insecurity, no electricity like the rest of this shithole

You guys are not ashamed of yourself

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by selemempe: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
NigerianSage:
Don't let them fool you with aerial pictures, let them show you the same place on the ground, it's nothing but dirty and ugly onisha in full color.

stop showing us Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by NigerianSage: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2020

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
in what way was western Nigeria more developed and prosperous that eastern region... Afonjas propaganda

Show us had facts...is it cocoa house? Lmao

And how does an illiterate that does not read understand hard..not had..facts?
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Zinoly: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:
[/s]i said it,
Afonja will always be moronic slaves cows, , why calling ibadan. grin dirty ibadan brown roof has nothing good to offer,,
Afonja land will always be backward ,,,thats y you keep claiming lagos, keep trying grin

Coming from a mor0n that spent all is future searching for ashawo to release is frustration into...

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by NigerianSage: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
stop showing us Abeokuta

You are quickly disowning your village.

You think you can fool people with aerial pictures? This is the real ugly look on the ground.

This is what villagers are calling high rise.

6 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Cosbyrich: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
selemempe:
the same way you sophisticated Moro's claim that you are the most developed region in Nigeria today. If asked why you will tell us IGR grin
Meanwhile your region has the same bad roads, same dirty streets, the same insecurity, no electricity like the rest of this shithole

You guys are not ashamed of yourself

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7879.htm

Nigeria: One Country Four Economies Discussion Points
By
Falalu Bello, OFR
abumoha1978@yahoo.com
v I thank my friend and Junior brother, Mr. Sam Nda-Isiah, for inviting me to speak at this important forum on what to do to reverse de-industrialization in Northern Nigerian. When the invitation was extended to me, I asked of the topic I am to speak on and I was not given any. All my brother wanted me to do at this Conference is to set the tone for the experts invited to do justice to the topic under discussion. My role therefore is not to talk of how industrialists are to access funds from the banking system nor even to talk on such general issues as the importance of finance to industrialization:
v I have been invited to contextually put Northern Nigeria amongst other regions in Nigeria and could easily have compared Northern economy and its Southern Counterpart. I have chosen not to go this route because, I want us all to see that geography, history and the Obasanjo administration and its reform agenda have created four (4) fairly distinct economies in Nigerian. We as Northerners need to appreciate where our economy currently stands amongst other economies in Nigeria so as to appreciate the kind of race we have to run if we are to remain relevant in Nigeria.
v On the basis of ownership and/or control of resources that make for economic development, post-Obasanjo Nigeria in terms of strength could easily be categorized into 4 economies as follows:
a) South West Economy;
b) South East plus Delta Economy;
c) Northern Economy; and
d) South South minus Delta Economy
v The four economies mentioned above are fairly distinct with each growing at its own pace. The South Western economy is growing at a faster rate than all followed by South East plus Delta economy whilst those of the North and South South minus Delta could at best be described as stagnant. A simple analysis of these four economies is given below:-

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by forgiveness: 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

There was no record of you migrating from your hitherland till about 1931

The point still remains that Lagos had world class infrastructures, developed without SE, SS % Northerners people and their resources. Kpom!

4 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:
[/s]i said it,
This is Lagos the land of afonja.. cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Redcrafton: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
forgiveness:

The point still remains that Lagos had world class infrastructures, developed without SE, SS % Northerners people and their resources. Kpom!

Neither was it developed by you from SW. Period!

Today who owns Savannah Bank building in Tinubu Square, the UBA house, the Nest Oil Towers, and Zenith Bank building...etc etc.

My friend why not spend you time chasing Oshogbo?

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Redcrafton: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

This is Lagos the land of afonja.. cool cool

This is Abuja the land of the gwaris smiley smiley smiley

Childishness de worry this Oshogbo man!

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Redcrafton: 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
NigerianSage:

These pictures and environment are still much more better the ancient relics of Ibadan, Abeokuta and Oshogbo.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Teeacom: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:

Thank you. I noticed the same thing about Yaba when I zoomed into those pictures.

This is the HIGHRISES of Onitsha. All built indigenously.

No foreign help.
No National help.
No Niger delta oil help.
No federal Government help.
No combination of other tribes help.
honestly you guys are funny, what did you achieve in showing another people Sweat, though it may be your tribe men, but are they your family? Did they know you? How much are Dey paying you to be showing there property online?
See my advice for you guys is to focus on your own future and find something better doing
Just an advice.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Redcrafton:

This is Abuja the land of the gwaris smiley smiley smiley

Childishness de worry this Oshogbo man!
You dey cra*ze, you should throw that question to your boastful iyanmirin bloders, that we not allowed us to rest with chest beating.

We are proud that is Abuja in Nigeria, the first made city in Africa

You can never hear gwaris beating chest throwing tantrum on other tribe, because of Abuja.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Anambralstson: 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mikehot:
wait o, Oyo lga for anambra
Sorry
Oyi lga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bandits Shoot At Villagers At A Market In Goronyo, Sokoto, Kill 49 People / Aisha Yesufu On Abuja-Kaduna Highway Attacks: Buhari Should Be Chased Out / Niger Delta Ex-militants Endorse Peter Obi For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.