Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings (21819 Views)

Soludo: Finally Sanity Restored Back To Onitsha: My Observation Today / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video) / See The Concentration Of People Listening To President Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 5:55am On Apr 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNmvmZckoTM

Video shows a gentleman visiting onitsha and shocked at the concentration of highrises.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by West1side: 5:58am On Apr 20, 2020
High rise indeed

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 6:02am On Apr 20, 2020
West1side:
High rise indeed

Yes highrises.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:03am On Apr 20, 2020
Igbo, The most successful tribe in Nigeria.

Everywhere soft in this photos

No single brown roof

Igbo Amaka

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 6:05am On Apr 20, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Everywhere soft in this photos

Igbo Amaka

No brown roof

Wrong. There are brown roof houses but soon investors will buy up those houses. Knock them down and build more highrises. That’s how’s it’s been happening for years in onitsha.

17 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by edgeconsul: 6:34am On Apr 20, 2020
smiley
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Sctests: 6:36am On Apr 20, 2020
No muddy houses and brown roofs. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Chikelue2000(m): 6:38am On Apr 20, 2020
Watch how dis generate to a tribal bashing

8 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by adeolakemi: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2020
I love igbo people oh my maternal home not my ekiti where our men are lazy

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by PureGoldh(m): 6:52am On Apr 20, 2020
Anaghi aruu uno~ani na Onitsha....uno enu bu Ife n'ewuu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Blossomfirst(f): 6:52am On Apr 20, 2020
Highrise buildings are buildings with 20 or more floors.. I know cause am an architect

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ZUBY77(m): 6:59am On Apr 20, 2020
Onitsha has the highest concentration of high rises west Africa

12 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Susu888(m): 7:00am On Apr 20, 2020
Mtchww! Una don start with your boasting abi? Where are the high rise buildings here??

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by patwilly(m): 7:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Blossomfirst:
Highrise buildings are buildings with 20 or more floors.. I know cause am an architect
Can I do your M&E drawings for you ma'am?
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by SoNature(m): 7:02am On Apr 20, 2020
ZUBY77:

Bro, where did you get the figure from?

I think you should visit Lagos before concluding

30 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Smithkafors(m): 7:11am On Apr 20, 2020
SoNature:

Bro, where did you get the figure from?

I think you should visit Lagos before concluding
To some extent it's true.Most high rise buildings in Lagos are along the road.Abi they get another one.Majority of Lagos buildings are along the road,apart from areas in mainland,most inner lands are fallow especially in island area's,those that have buildings are mostly duplex.I believe individuals own more story buildings in Onitsha than Lagos.Before you start arguing,igbos control building materials market in Nigeria (look at dangote highest customer always igbos,tiles,paint etc).Why is it like that?,that's because igbos prefer building their houses anywhere they reside Lagos to Kano to Anambra they build story buildings for residents to reside as their investment.

14 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 20, 2020
ZUBY77:

Please send the stats source grin grin
You call those 3 storey buildings high rose buildings? grin grin

18 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Akurakambe(m): 7:16am On Apr 20, 2020
Onitsha Obodo oma

4 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 7:17am On Apr 20, 2020
ZUBY77:

West and central Africa

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 7:21am On Apr 20, 2020
You called those things high roses grin buildings, we don hear, onitsha is bigger than China and the high roses in onitsha is more than new York, Ibos are very hard-working they develop all the high roses in Singapore and London.

33 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Skyfornia(m): 7:25am On Apr 20, 2020
Onitsha my place of birth

4 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2020
Smithkafors:

To some extent it's true.Most high rise buildings in Lagos are along the road.Abi they get another one.Majority of Lagos buildings are along the road,apart from areas in mainland,most inner lands are fallow especially in island area's,those that have buildings are mostly duplex.I believe individuals own more story buildings in Onitsha than Lagos.Before you start arguing,igbos control building materials market in Nigeria (look at dangote highest customer always igbos,tiles,paint etc).Why is it like that?,that's because igbos prefer building their houses anywhere they reside Lagos to Kano to Anambra they build story buildings for residents to reside as their investment.
You people no dey tire, only fustrated and pained yanmuri from nnewi and upper nweke village do all this unnecessary chest beating, the hard working ibos are raking in millions and give no shiit about tribal bigotry.

This is the shiit you are comparing with lagos

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2020
So a story or two buildings in now high rise abi?

This is a real high rise building with tons of houses on top houses not than hut

23 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Seetto: 7:30am On Apr 20, 2020
More

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by olamidedivotee(f): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2020
If Onitsha is better than Lagos

Why do ibos relocate to Lagos for greener pastures

20 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by donbachi(m): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2020
No land again...so 1st go build d 1st floor,2nd son 2nd floor,3rd son 3rd floor,4th son 4th floor and be going..just like dat.

10 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Emmanuelhector(m): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2020
Seetto:

You people no dey tire, only fustrated and pained yanmuri from nnewi and upper nweke village do all this unnecessary chest beating, the hard working ibos are raking in millions and give no shiit about tribal bigotry.

This is the shiit you are comparing with lagos
Almost 2/3 of those buildings belongs to foreigners.. Afonjas are lazy and broke

7 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by horsepower102: 7:35am On Apr 20, 2020
Onitsha will start building 20 to 50 storey buildings once 24 hours electricity is guaranteed to the city.

Right now they will limit it to 5 to 6 stories buildings.

This is common sense. You need reliable electricity to operate the lifts

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by EcoBrick: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
Op horsepower102 should travel more widely , you know not what you speak of so pipe down small. Below is a section of Yaba in Lagos, that already dents your preposterous claims. You people should relax with the exaggeration.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by EcoBrick: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
There are levels to these 'highrise' talk. Lagos is where the real high rises are concentrated. Those buidings at Onitsha are not more than 3-storey buildings which don't even qualify to be called highrises. And a closer look at them would show they already look like they aren't getting maintained asides being poorly designed even. The only place that has a semblance of concentrated clusters of highrises in Nigeria is Lagos like are in the pictures below.

11 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by EcoBrick: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Lag.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lekki Shootings: Army To Appear Before Lagos Panel On 7 November 2020 / Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith / Governor-elect Biodun Oyebanji Releases 1st Message After Winning Ekiti 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.