Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings (21820 Views)

Soludo: Finally Sanity Restored Back To Onitsha: My Observation Today / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video) / See The Concentration Of People Listening To President Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by hammer0: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2020
EcoBrick:
Lag.

IS IT NOT A SHAME THAT PEOPLE ARE SHOWING OFF HOW INDIVIDUALS BUILT AND DEVELOP ONITSHA FROM A VILLAGE.

AND THE BEST U CAN COME UP WITH IS LAGOS, THE FORMER CAPITAL OF NIGERIA UP UNTIL THE 1990s, WEN NIGERIA CAPITAL WAS MOVED TO ABUJA.

LAGOS AN AREA BUILT WITH THE COLLECTIVE WEALTH OF ALL NIGERIANS, ESPECIALLY THE OIL IN NIGERDELTA.

LAGOS HAS NEVER BEEN FOR YORUBA ALONE AND IT WILL NEVER BE SO NOT UNTIL NIGERIA IS DIVIDED.

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Chlerion: 8:57am On Apr 20, 2020
OP you're dunce ooh
Is that what you call highrise? Don't just come to Lagos to envy and sell gala, you have to learn and always use your head tongue

These are highrise buildings, even in Ibadan not all those soon-to-be demolish herbalist huts.

11 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ikaboy: 8:58am On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:

Wrong. There are brown roof houses but soon investors will buy up those houses. Knock them down and build more highrises. That’s how’s it’s been happening for years in onitsha.

Y are investors not buying urs.....jealousy

5 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by sageprime(m): 9:04am On Apr 20, 2020
SoNature:

Bro, where did you get the figure from?

I think you should visit Lagos before concluding

Yeah, my brother hustle so that onitsha no go look like london

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by EcoBrick: 9:05am On Apr 20, 2020
hammer0:

IS IT NOT A SHAME THAT PEOPLE ARE SHOWING OFF HOW INDIVIDUALS BUILT AND DEVELOP ONITSHA FROM A VILLAGE.

AND THE BEST U CAN COME UP WITH IS LAGOS, THE FORMER CAPITAL OF NIGERIA UP UNTIL THE 1990s, WEN NIGERIA CAPITAL WAS MOVED TO ABUJA.

LAGOS AN AREA BUILT WITH THE COLLECTIVE WEALTH OF ALL NIGERIANS, ESPECIALLY THE OIL IN NIGERDELTA.

LAGOS HAS NEVER BEEN FOR YORUBA ALONE AND IT WILL NEVER BE SO NOT UNTIL NIGERIA IS DIVIDED.

You sound really angry over my post. undecided The point I am making is that the Op's claims are false, and I presented evidence to that effect. Are you suggesting that I shouldn't have made my point just because you feel such evidence would make the false premise of this thread null and void? Even your fellow igbo on this thread has attested to what I said, but I guess you are all about ego tripping, chest beating and bragging than in facts. I have heard you oga. Onitsha has the highest number of 'highrises' in the whole of Africa and the Middle East combined. I hope you will sleep better now. Abeg no mention me again because I don't have the energy for your kind wahala.

12 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ThePussiologist: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2020
hahahahahahaha highrise buildings? you must be a clown. No single highrise building is there sadly.
horsepower102:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNmvmZckoTM

Video shows a gentleman visiting onitsha and shocked at the concentration of highrises.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by sageprime(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Chlerion:
OP you're dunce ooh
Is that what you call highrise? Don't just come to Lagos to envy and sell gala, you have to learn and always use your head tongue

These are highrise buildings, even in Ibadan not all those soon-to-be demolished herbalist huts.
Yeah who stone me grin grin grin
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by hammer0: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
EcoBrick:

You sound really angry over my post. undecided The point I am making is that the Op's claims are false, and I presented evidence to that effect. Are you suggesting that I shouldn't have made my point just because you feel such evidence would make the false premise of this thread null and void? Even your fellow igbo on this thread has attested to what I said, but I guess you are all about ego tripping, chest beating and bragging than in facts. I have heard you oga. Onitsha has the highest number of 'highrises' in the whole of Africa and the Middle East combined. I hope you will sleep better now. Abeg no mention me again because I don't have the energy for your kind wahala.
[/s]

POST PICTURES FROM IBADAN, ABEOKUTA, AKURE, OSHOGBO OR ILLORIN, LET US SEE.

ONITSHA IS NOT EVEN A CAPIAL CITY OF ANAMBRA.

THE CAPITAL CITY IS AWKA.

STOP RUNNING TO LAGOS.

IT IS LIKE HAUSAFULANI RUNNING TO ABUJA.

5 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by sageprime(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2020
EcoBrick:

Exactly. Attached below are sections of Yaba in Lagos and has far more of the kind of buildings the Op is showing off as 'high-rise'. Both the Op and the person you quoted don't know what they are talking about.
. grin grin grin.

Pepper dem

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by EcoBrick: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2020
hammer0:
[s][/s]

STOP RUNNING TO LAGOS.

You win sir. I repeat. Onitsha has the highest number of 'highrises' in the whole of Africa and the Middle East combined. You and the Op are right.

12 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

US defined?

You no get your own definition?

Slave mentality.
Mumu, Two to four storey buildings are not high rise dundee. When you don't know difference between storey building and high rise.

5 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ChristianNorth: 9:18am On Apr 20, 2020
Lagos is a collective effort and most of those buildings are not owned by yorubas.

Yorubas should show us similar concentration of buildings in Ibadan, Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo and Osun.

Despite not fighting any war, they have nothing to show.

No matter they latch onto Lagos and forgot Ilorin that is more yoruba than Lagos.

Lazy people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:25am On Apr 20, 2020
hammer0:

Shut up, Ibadan has more high rise than anywhere in igboland. You can challenge me. We know difference between storey building and high rise.

6 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:27am On Apr 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:
Lagos is a collective effort and most of those buildings are not owned by yorubas.

Yorubas should show us similar concentration of buildings in Ibadan, Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo and Osun.

Despite not fighting any war, they have nothing to show.

No matter they latch onto Lagos and forgot Ilorin that is more yoruba than Lagos.

Lazy people
Mumu, We have both storey building and high rise in Yoruba land. We can differentiate between them.

8 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2020
hammer0:
[s][/s]

STOP RUNNING TO LAGOS.

Does lagos looks like arochukwu. Ibadan has more high rise than onitsha. We are not talking storey buildings.

This is Ibadan and the high rises plus storey buildings.

Nobody would have said anything if you people had said storey building

11 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ChristianNorth: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
Mumu, We have both storey building and high rise in Yoruba land. We can differentiate between them.
Ode, show me a large concentration of storey buildings in Yoruba land.

Be guided, Lagos is not product of yorubas effort.

They areas they currently dominate, Bariga, Mushin, Oshodi are crime hotbed or ghetto

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ednut1(m): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2020
I am a yoruba guy who served in abia state. Igbos dey try make we no lie. The mumu posting lagos pics is posting corporate headquarters of many companies which is 99% loan financed. Those houses in onitsha tho not high rise are impressive and are individually built. Lagos with all its IGR is still a shit hole. Come island during raining season

4 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ChristianNorth: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2020
Chlerion:
OP you're dunce ooh

These are highrise buildings, even in Ibadan not all those soon-to-be demolished herbalist huts.
This one mumu sha, na your papa get Lagos?

Show us high concentration of storey buildings in Ibadan, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by boyjo: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNmvmZckoTM

Video shows a gentleman visiting onitsha and shocked at the concentration of highrises.

Haba! Those are storey buildings, not highrises please!

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by boyjo: 9:36am On Apr 20, 2020
Blossomfirst:
Highrise buildings are buildings with 20 or more floors.. I know cause am an architect

Me see I weak for the OP.
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:

Ode, show me a large concentration of storey buildings in Yoruba land.

Be guided, Lagos is not product of yorubas effort.

They areas they currently dominate, Bariga, Mushin, Oshodi are crime hotbed or ghetto
So it is no more high rise again. Mumu, Lol after watching makoko slump yesterday and 80% of those interviewed were igbos, I don't take you people serious again.

3 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Chlerion: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:

This one mumu sha, na your papa get Lagos?

Show us high concentration of storey buildings in Ibadan, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo
No, na your papa; Ode oponu tongue

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Tunde835(m): 9:40am On Apr 20, 2020
A high rise building is a building with between 12 to 35 floors anything more is a skyscraper nd those ar not high rises dey ar just multiple storey buildings nd lagos has lekki vi eko atlntic ikoyi banana island nd ikeja GRA. Civic towers Eko towers ar high rises while d houses in lekki ar not

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ChristianNorth: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Chlerion:
I am not here to argue with you.

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ChristianNorth: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
So it is no more high rise again. Mumu, Lol after watching makoko slump yesterday and 80% of those interviewed were igbos, I don't take you people serious again.
Says ewedu media.

My company runs quarterly humanitarian mission in Makoko. It is an area we know like the back of our palm.

So, kindly tell us another lie, Yoruba Moslem

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:45am On Apr 20, 2020
ednut1:
I am a yoruba guy who served in abia state. Igbos dey try make we no lie. The mumu posting lagos pics is posting corporate headquarters of many companies which is 99% loan financed. Those houses in onitsha tho not high rise are impressive and are individually built. Lagos with all its IGR is still a shit hole. Come island during raining season
Which part of Nigeria is not shithole.
Yes they have storey buildings but not high rise. Every part likes what they want. Go to US, Many places there don't build storey buildings for residential but bungalows and they are well developed.

And which other part that has building not built by individuals?

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Tunde835(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2020
ZUBY77:
Onitsha has the highest concentration of high rises west Africa
High rises ar buildings with 12-35 floors nd none of those ar high rises lagos civic towers eko towers nd rest ar high rises

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:46am On Apr 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:

Says ewedu media.

My company runs quarterly humanitarian mission in Makoko. It is an area we know like the back of our palm.

So, kindly tell us another lie, Yoruba Moslem
Your company kikikikikikiki, Who is this one deceiving. Go and meet those that interview them na.

1 Like

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Tunde835(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2020
horsepower102:

Yes highrises.
Dey don't have up to 12 floors go to lagos nd see real high rises
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Gabkosh: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2020
Chlerion:
Lol, maybe no him papa they run lagos affair grin
Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by ChristianNorth: 9:49am On Apr 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
Your company kikikikikikiki, Who is this one deceiving. Go and meet those that interview them na.
OK.

Drop the link to the ewedu article.

2 Likes

Re: A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings by Tunde835(m): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
Almost 2/3 of those buildings belongs to foreigners.. Afonjas are lazy and broke
Jealousy would not let u say d truth. Wen a company want to build a branch dey build an office building its a sign of investments nd u ar just showing residential areas show d commercial areas

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Governor-elect Biodun Oyebanji Releases 1st Message After Winning Ekiti 2022 / Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith / Chimaroke Nnamani Reacts To His Suspension By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.