Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (937580 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 11:24am On Feb 14
DrHippocampus:
My appointment is in a few weeks time 😂... I'm nervous Mann... Pray for me guys..

Approved 😭😭😭

Got approved today!!!

My only travel history are two trips to Ghana 😭😭😭😭😭

This is my first visa application to the US

Was so discouraged when I saw loads of rejections but thankfully, mine was accepted.

Guys, all you need is just confidence, a defined purpose for your travel and a definite reason why you will come back and not remain in the US...

I even told them I've a relative in the US

They didn't ask me to bring any document at all..

Hopefully, I'd be able to give details of how the interview went but for now, make I go pop pepsi (I don't take alcohol)

Thank you all for the advice . They really helped me

Thank you all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jenifer007: 11:35am On Feb 14
[quote author=DrHippocampus post=128450887]

Approved 😭😭😭

Got approved today!!!

Was so discouraged when I saw loads of rejections but thankfully, mine was accepted.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 11:40am On Feb 14
[quote author=jenifer007 post=128451060][/quote]

Thank you 😭😭😭
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:43am On Feb 14
DrHippocampus:

Approved 😭😭😭

Got approved today!!!

Guys, all you need is just confidence, a defined purpose for your travel and a definite reason why you will come back and not remain in the US...

Hopefully, I'd be able to give details of how the interview went but for now, make I go pop pepsi (I don't take alcohol)

Thank you all
Congratulations I'm glad to read this good news from Lagos embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 11:52am On Feb 14
Debbieeeeeee:

Congratulations I'm glad to read this good news from Lagos embassy.

I read so many stories online about how hard Lagos can be, but I guess I was just favoured. I mean, it's my first application, I'm single, no kids, and I'm a young guy in his twenties.

But my reason for the visit was very compelling, plus I have good reasons to come back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:14pm On Feb 14
DrHippocampus:

I read so many stories online about how hard Lagos can be, but I guess I was just favoured. I mean, it's my first application, I'm single, no kids, and I'm a young guy in his twenties.

But my reason for the visit was very compelling, plus I have good reasons to come back.
I've always maintained that Lagos or Abuja if you’re meant to get the visa you will get it and with ease. Congratulations again brother!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nielda234: 12:17pm On Feb 14
Guys please I have a question. I have a US interview this month in Nigeria. I’m married to a UK citizen and I have a UK P.R. I filled my form that I’ve never been refused a U.S visa and I just realized today that I have. In 2007, my mom applied for me and I didn’t even remember. I was in secondary school then so I didn’t even know. Since it’s over 15 years, will the record still be in their system.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 12:27pm On Feb 14
iyanuakin:
IW Abuja free dates

Visitors visa date is so frustrating.. ha. Renewals are enjoying sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:57pm On Feb 14
Nielda234:
Guys please I have a question. I have a US interview this month in Nigeria. I’m married to a UK citizen and I have a UK P.R. I filled my form that I’ve never been refused a U.S visa and I just realized today that I have. In 2007, my mom applied for me and I didn’t even remember. I was in secondary school then so I didn’t even know. Since it’s over 15 years, will the record still be in their system.
Fill out another form and update your profile with the information accordingly. Do all these at least a week before your appointment to be safe, although they say 72 hours before your appointment but it doesn't hurt to be prompt.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by osurvey: 1:00pm On Feb 14
Niyibamo:

Thanks for your response.
I live in the UK with my wife and we are going for the interview together and travelled to those places together.
Can you pls share a link/material to prepare me.
Thanks in anticipation
They'll just ask you basic questions.
Where are you going? For what reason?
Who is sponsoring? They may request for proof of funds, so have your bank statements ready. If you are working, have documents to support this. If you are ac student, have your student ID card etc to prove it.
Make sure you answer questions truthfully. If you lied significantly at a time in your life (e.g in Age) and have been using that lie, make sure you continue with the lie.
Do not answer differently from the non-immigrant form you filled.
If you have ever been denied visa, tell them the truth if you are asked. (Only if you are asked). They already know this, so lying to them means you probably lied in every other thing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cashmadam: 1:01pm On Feb 14
Nielda234:

They will still have the records.

Best you fill another form and include that detail
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by osurvey: 1:05pm On Feb 14
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Get out of that fantasy train . You do not have any 80% visa success guarantee all because you 're applying from the UK or because you have traveled all over the world .

1. How you got to the UK will be put into consideration (a little better if you are a UK residence) .** Must you go for the tourism in the United States (explanation) will be put into consideration. What will make you return (ties) to the UK will be put into consideration, and so on and so forth .

2. What the United States of America cherished 100% the most is their citizen's well being and security . Therefore , every (especially new visa applicant) is a potential suspect no matter how rich or who you are , even a respected surgeon alongside a visiting professor have been turned down a B1 visa to enter America from the UK.

3. Aside of the above permutations. The United States wants or like it the most if a prospective visa applicants (1st timers especially) apply for visa from their HOME COUNTRIES (especially Africans , Indians , and Chinese ) because the US Visa Officers in your home countries understands you and your country situations more than the VO in the UK. **
Every US visa officer MUST understand (53%) the politics , religion , ethnic , education , crime rate and crime zones etc of his or her assigned location or state .

4. I am a positive individual , i am not discouraging you , and i pray you will have a visa success but you have plenty of work to do in the area of convincing the visa officer why he or she should grant the visa . Gone are the days when they throw visa at you all because you have traveled all over the world. US VISA IS NO MORE A PIECE OF CAKE .

Best Wishes 🙏

You are funny. He has more than 80% chance of being issued a US B1/B2 visa. Except of course, if he's a high risk individual.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by osurvey: 1:12pm On Feb 14
Nielda234:
I don't know why people lie about this. If you have been refused a visa before, why lie about it.
The number one reason for most visa refusal is LIES.
You think they won't find out you've been denied visa?
Pray that they probably take it that you were under aged then.
They'll most likely ask you this again in your interview, Tell them your mum once applied for you 15 years ago. Only answer if you are asked. Don't go telling them you made a mistake without being asked.
Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:22pm On Feb 14
osurvey:

I don't know why people lie about this. If you have been refused a visa before, why lie about it.
The number one reason for most visa refusal is LIES.
You think they won't find out you've been denied visa?
Pray that they probably take it that you were under aged then.
They'll most likely ask you this again in your interview, Tell them your mum once applied for you 15 years ago. Only answer if you are asked. Don't go telling them you made a mistake without being asked.
Good luck
Why are you so quick to cast an aspersion on someone's character on a faceless forum? This individual says he was in high school maybe junior high and truly he or she may have forgotten. Please let's grant people grace and learn to cut people some slack on this forum. It's not hard to spot a lie and a liar when you see one.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:24pm On Feb 14
Patience is really a virtue on this NL app Abi na website.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daphor11: 1:53pm On Feb 14
Approved 😭😭😭

Got approved today!!!

Congratulations bro
I tap into your grace for mine coming up in a fortnight

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by osurvey: 6:11pm On Feb 14
Debbieeeeeee:

Why are you so quick to cast an aspersion on someone's character on a faceless forum? This individual says he was in high school maybe junior high and truly he or she may have forgotten. Please let's grant people grace and learn to cut people some slack on this forum. It's not hard to spot a lie and a liar when you see one.
I'm not casting aspersion. I'm sorry if I came across like that.
I only want him/her to get the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:13pm On Feb 14
osurvey:

I'm not casting aspersion. I'm sorry if I came across like that.
I only want him/her to get the visa.
Thank you for the clarification 🤗
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 8:54pm On Feb 14
congratulation

DrHippocampus:

Approved 😭😭😭

Got approved today!!!

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 9:24pm On Feb 14
pufframmy:
congratulation

I do not even know how to react. whether to run or jump up for that recent visa approval. LAGOS!
Abeg cut soap for us , LAGOS !!!
You get visa for Lagos? You are blessed, Congratulations cc: @DrHippocampus

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Xoxobull: 9:46pm On Feb 14
Good evening house,please I want to apply to the US with my husband and my 2kids (3/4yrs) with my house girl of 16years.
I have applied for student visa like 3times four years ago then I was single and I was denied all 3times so I stopped applying for it due to the trauma of Failure.
My brother and his wife in US has been pleading that I reapply with my family,but I have been scared to try again.
My Niece who is an American citizen has been staying with me for awhile now cos she is a special kid and she is due to go back to the US in few months time which will make it her 1 year of staying with as she has gotten better than before.
My husband has a good travelling history and he is a permanent resident of an Asian country, I have not travelled out since I got married.
Please I need your advice should we apply as a family and use my niece as a case study to return her back to her parents,or should we apply on our own, what's the best chances for us to apply plus she has barely few months to go back and we have not purchased the form yet plus the long time to wait for appointment,
My question is:What's the best case scenario for us,I would appreciate your advice.

N.b: we don't intend to Japa we just want to be able to visit my brother and his family during occasions as a family, because we have a joint bussiness running here in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:06pm On Feb 14
DrHippocampus:

Approved 😭😭😭
Thank you all
Congratulations bro
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:25pm On Feb 14
Xoxobull:
Good evening house,please I want to apply to the US with my husband and my 2kids (3/4yrs) with my house girl of 16years.
I have applied for student visa like 3times four years ago then I was single and I was denied all 3times so I stopped applying for it due to the trauma of Failure.
My brother and his wife in US has been pleading that I reapply with my family,but I have been scared to try again.
My Niece who is an American citizen has been staying with me for awhile now cos she is a special kid and she is due to go back to the US in few months time which will make it her 1 year of staying with as she has gotten better than before.
My husband has a good travelling history and he is a permanent resident of an Asian country, I have not travelled out since I got married.
Please I need your advice should we apply as a family and use my niece as a case study to return her back to her parents,or should we apply on our own, what's the best chances for us to apply plus she has barely few months to go back and we have not purchased the form yet plus the long time to wait for appointment,
My question is:What's the best case scenario for us,I would appreciate your advice.

N.b: we don't intend to Japa we just want to be able to visit my brother and his family during occasions as a family, because we have a joint bussiness running here in Nigeria.

Hey 🤠

1. Apply alone with the special kid . You will stand as her only accompanying family person since she cannot travel alone and that's a good omen for you to get your visiting visa this time around . You will have a very good reason to get your visa .

2. Your 2 kids and your husband, and your 16 yr old house-help are also a very good ties for you to return to Nigeria quickly. If you include them in the visa application , then that would be unreasonable and might be termed an intending Immigrant family .

3. When you secure your B1/B2 visa , it would be easier to get future visa for your 2 kids , and your house help , while your husband has a good travel history on his own. Don't do otherwise, but with God all things are possible .

*** As per your house girl , you will have to adopt her (legally with government papers) and apply for visa for your 3 kids (including the house girl who is now your daughter ) in the future . You need calculation and patience to get visas for all of you , otherwise the embassy might flag your profiles as intending Immigrant family .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Xoxobull: 10:47pm On Feb 14
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Apply alone with the special kid . You will stand as her only accompanying family person since she cannot travel alone and that's a good omen for you to get your visiting visa this time around . You will have a very good reason to get your visa .

2. Your 2 kids and your husband, and your 16 yr old house-help are also a very good ties for you to return to Nigeria quickly. If you include them in the visa application , then that would be unreasonable and might be termed an intending Immigrant family .

3. When you secure your B1/B2 visa , it would be easier to get future visa for your 2 kids , and your house help , while your husband has a good travel history on his own. Don't do otherwise, but with God all things are possible .

*** As per your house girl , you will have to adopt her (legally with government papers) and apply for visa for your 3 kids (including the house girl who is now your daughter ) in the future . You need calculation and patience to get visas for all of you , otherwise the embassy might flag your profiles as intending Immigrant family .

Best Wishes 🙏

Thanks for this reply please how does this part work if she doesn't need a visa, will I be allowed to take her for interview along with me since she already has her blue passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:17pm On Feb 14
Xoxobull:

Thanks for this reply please how does this part work if she doesn't need a visa, will I be allowed to take her for interview along with me since she already has her blue passport.

Hey 🤠

1. She does not need an interview . You are the one who need the interview . Her parents must send an invitation letter to you (requesting you to bring the kid over and stating the reason why they cannot come themselves as well as why you were chosen.

2. You will use the invitation letter , with other support documentation (proving their parentage) to apply for your visa . The embassy might ask you to bring in the kid but it's not compulsory, they can authenticate her detail via her blue P.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Xoxobull: 12:13am On Feb 15
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. She does not need an interview . You are the one who need the interview . Her parents must send an invitation letter to you (requesting you to bring the kid over and stating the reason why they cannot come themselves as well as why you were chosen.

2. You will use the invitation letter , with other support documentation (proving their parentage) to apply for your visa . The embassy might ask you to bring in the kid but it's not compulsory, they can authenticate her detail via her blue P.

Best Wishes 🙏

Many thanks for this.
Please would I still have to wait for interview date or can I get interview date faster through any emergency because she is meant to go back this summer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:18am On Feb 15
Xoxobull:
Many thanks for this.
Please would I still have to wait for interview date or can I get interview date faster through any emergency because she is meant to go back this summer.
Your visa application cannot be adjudicated based on a USC that isn't your immediate family (defined as child, spouse or parent by USCIS/State.Gov). There is no way to list her to "strengthen" your application.
Apart from your hesitation in reapplying, I think you stand a REALLY-VERY-GOOD-EXCELLENT chance of getting approved with all the other things going on for you after your 3rd refusal. Just make sure your business and income situation is above and beyond. Add you husband's income (convert to NGN) to the family yearly income in your DS160.
Can you also clarify your brother in the US is the parent of the niece with you or another of your sibling? Minors and others (sick or special needs) can travel unaccompanied with airlines. The VO can reason along this path...
WRT getting EAs, there are clearly define reasons for using it. Accompanying your niece won't exactly fit any of the moulds.
Summer is here, start hunting for dates by checking 3 times a day - everyday. Or paying others to do it for you.
WRT your 16 yrs old help, don't even bother. She is already an adult by US standards and should be in school or working (which makes her responsible for her visa and travel needs). She has no reason to return to NG with you. She will be seen likely to "run away". She is not an immediate family member or a distant relative - confirm this assumption. It's unfortunate, but it's a call you have to make. I had to make such a call Nov last year. The only nanny we used for 13 years was left behind when my family left NG Dec last year. We set her up financially.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Belizas: 7:15am On Feb 15
That was my first time choosing a date and It’s 27th showing on my dashboard..
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. New applicants can reschedule twice if you did not change interview location , ie from Lagos to Abuja.

2. In your case , i think your first click was successful which means that you should now have June 25th in your portal , or probably you have exhausted your reschedule option before now .

3. Anyway round , your last card now is EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:05am On Feb 15
Xoxobull:

Many thanks for this.

Hey 🤠

Be positive in your mind that you can use this opportunity to secure your B1/B2 visa because it is very reasonable that you will be accompanying a special kid (who needs constant attention ) who is also a teenager (i guess ). Putting only her on the plane might not even be allowed . If she is sound and healthy as others that's another aspect .

1. You will apply normally for your visa interview and hope to use the emergency option to get your desired date . Naturally , you won't qualify but the girl's parent should indicate that she would be coming to the US for medical purposes too. If possible , a physician letter should accompanying the parent invitation letter (this will put your application under Medical Emergency).

2. Focus on your own visa first . Your 16 year old house help can go for F1 visa or she can accompany you for vacation . There are lot of ways to assist her if you really want to take her to the US but break the jinx of your own visa first.

3. My close relative (female) in the year 2018 took twins (whose mother died during birth) to the US (the family of the twins mother in the US adopted the twins) successfully, but with government paper work and everything legally.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:30am On Feb 15
fkj950ax:

Your visa application cannot be adjudicated based on a USC that isn't your immediate family (defined as child, spouse or parent by USCIS/State.Gov). There is no way to list her to "strengthen" your application.
Apart from your hesitation in reapplying, I think you stand a REALLY-VERY-GOOD-EXCELLENT chance of getting approved with all the other things going on for you after your 3rd refusal. Just make sure your business and income situation is above and beyond. Add you husband's income (convert to NGN) to the family yearly income in your DS160.
Can you also clarify your brother in the US is the parent of the niece with you or another of your sibling? Minors and others (sick or special needs) can travel unaccompanied with airlines. The VO can reason along this path...
WRT getting EAs, there are clearly define reasons for using it. Accompanying your niece won't exactly fit any of the moulds.
Summer is here, start hunting for dates by checking 3 times a day - everyday. Or paying others to do it for you.
WRT your 16 yrs old help, don't even bother. She is already an adult by US standards and should be in school or working (which makes her responsible for her visa and travel needs). She has no reason to return to NG with you. She will be seen likely to "run away". She is not an immediate family member or a distant relative - confirm this assumption. It's unfortunate, but it's a call you have to make. I had to make such a call Nov last year. The only nanny we used for 13 years was left behind when my family left NG Dec last year. We set her up financially.
I’m aware of a couple of family and friends who have obtained visas for their Nannie’s and house-helps and I’m also about to take that route I’m presently asking questions from those who did it and I’ve been doing a lot of online reading regarding that. Also during my interview in 2021 at the Lagos embassy I witnessed a domestic employee issued a visa.
But it’s best for the lady in question to secure her own visa first before bringing the domestic employee into the mix.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Niyibamo(m): 9:52am On Feb 15
Thanks for the feedback.
I've only been refused a Canada student visa and that was in 2019.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyCaplin: 1:52pm On Feb 15
As at today, the next available date for dropbox applicants is 20th of June 2024.

It is well.

Thenomad:

Visitors visa date is so frustrating.. ha. Renewals are enjoying sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.