Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,692 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed (65024 Views)

Jennifer Oseh: Security Man Falls In Love With Working Class Lady, She Reacts / "I Slept With This Lady, She Demanded For N200k But I Gave Her N20k" - Man Says / Any HIV Positive Lady On Here For A Serious Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by BobbyGenius(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2020
emyrald91:
Help how?

You know get sense?

HIV is not a death sentence though.

But let me ask you, do you know your current status?

� i cross my 2legs looking towards for others Comments for correction thar half brain

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Vivuch: 11:55am On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.
please she can breastfeed her baby, but the rule will be exclusive breastfeeding and no additional of baby formula, anytime she gives that child baby formula that will be the day she will stop breastfeeding the baby, please meet a qualified health professional for more advise.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Galloman(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2020
[Egungun be careful na express you dey go

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Froshhh7(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2020
emyrald91:
Help how?

You know get sense?

HIV is not a death sentence though.

But let me ask you, do you know your current status?
....y insulting him now ....
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Charmingrascal(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.

Stay strong don't walk away
Build your home with her
She told you she has HIV before you had sex, she is a good woman.
You still chose her even when she told you she has HIV, you are a good man.

Happy married life in advance
God bless your union and may the power in the blood of Jesus wash away HIV from your home in Jesus name.
If you have faith claim it and go for test she will be negative.
Before you do proper introduction her HIV status will change and the only thing you might have to tell yr family members is that your fiancee was HIV + but she turned negative through the power of Christ only.
Only if you will have faith

Come back later for testimony

Peace be unto you

5 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Ayoslimzy(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2020
Oboy you get mind o
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Pearl05(f): 11:56am On May 12, 2020
As long as she is faithful with taking her drugs, you and the kids will be fine.

You don't need to tell your people about it as not everyone is matured enough in taking the news that someone close to them is infected.

About not breastfeeding your baby, just tell them that your wife has hepatitis B and so advised not to breastfeed her baby to avoid transfer.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Topmaike007(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Thanks for the insult. The third I tested since we've been having sex was march and I'm still negative.
true true you're crazeman.. I love your courage bro, common malaria dey fear me not to talk of Hiv
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by pk2me: 11:56am On May 12, 2020
J111333:
I will say my mind, don't give a damn what anyone thinks. I will dare not start a relationship let alone have unprotected sex with a hiv patient.

Yes she is nice to you now, loves you and all that but believe me, every woman in her shoes will do so too. Humility mostly comes after setback or disgrace. I can bet that if you had met her when she was slaying before contracting the virus, she might not have easily settled for you without messing around like several ladies of her age today. Don't take the humility of an injured lion too seriously my friend.

Well, you already got her pregnant so deal with your issues but wait until you are also cornered by the virus to see her true character.

You are a careless man and I stay far away from your type.
Naked truth

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:57am On May 12, 2020
If you want to be with her, nothing is stopping you. HIV + people are humans just like everyone else, many of them where just unfortunate, lived a decent life but caught the virus. Doesn't even mean they lived carelessly because going by that rule many of us would have the virus too. I think you should keep it away from your family, no one needs to know, protect your germ, get married to her and start a family. At the end it's your happiness that matters.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by mukthar2000(m): 11:57am On May 12, 2020
Oga, ur matter don tune to Egungun be careful na express u dey go,

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by psalmylee: 11:57am On May 12, 2020
Bros ,have u ever asked ur self or thought abtbit this way.. What if u were in the situation she is in right now.,does she look like someone who will give up everything to be with u??bros think am well oo..no marry because of pity oo.A word they say is enough for the wise..I leave u for God hand
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by 9ja083: 12:00pm On May 12, 2020
She can breastfeed her new baby without infecting the child. She has to go to missionary hospitals or govt hospital or the hospital were she collects her medications for follow up.
They will give her medications to help prevent mother to child transmission and after delivery delivery, they will ask her to choose between breastfeeding and giving artificial milk.
But they will still give her medications for the newborn and monitor the baby for 2yrs. Your baby will still be HIV negative if u play ur role well.

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Sagay212: 12:00pm On May 12, 2020
Since you know this ,shouldn't you be getting health advice from the doctors concerning you ,her and the baby? If the doctors can assure you that the baby and you won't be affected, then there is no point telling anybody about it. Even if you tell , what are they going to do about it? Give you the cure or tell you to marry another wife?
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Danmaiduguri(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Never disclose her status to your family nd not even her blood brothr or sister, the only one who can keep this secret is her mother and father.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by OttHin: 12:00pm On May 12, 2020
ЏФU ÐФЛ'Т MΞΛЛ łТ
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by funshint(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2020
Goddys:
I will say my mind plainly and not pretend like all the above commenters except emyrald91

Why would you have unprotected sex with HIV+ in the name of love even if she has low viral load?

Why entangle your life with unnecessary risks and liabilities because of love?

Do you think she wouldn't walk away if you were the carrier?

I am selfish when it comes to issue like this because it is my default state as a human being.

She didn't disclose it till 7th month when she noticed she had captured your heart.

This is exactly what happens when men don't take redpills, the likes ubunja has been selflessly administering here

I won't advise you. Advise yourself
Shutup...is it your relationship?!

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by ofiko123(m): 12:01pm On May 12, 2020
I came to read comments...
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Peace081: 12:01pm On May 12, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by gregyboy(m): 12:01pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Just tell your mom and your dad,

Leave the rest to talk, nor be thier wife
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Sadsoulnow: 12:03pm On May 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

Sit down and sincerely ask your self these questions.
1. Do you truly love her?
2 .or you're just it out of compassion and sympathy and pity?
3. Or you're in it for the sex?
4. Do you see you two going far in this union?
5. What values have you imbibed in her and also what values has she imbibed in you?
See question. Somebody is having sexual affair with with HIV positive person you're still asking if he loves her?

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Ezennwa(m): 12:03pm On May 12, 2020
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HIV:

as early as 2-4 weeks after exposure to hiv, people can experience an acute illness, often described as "the worst flu ever". this is called acute retroviral syndrome, or primary hiv infection, and it's the body's natural response to hiv infection. during primary hiv infection, their are higher levels of virus circulating in the blood. which means that people can more easily transmit the virus to others.

SYMPTOMS OF HIV INCLUDE:
1.) fever
2.) chills
3.) rash
4.) night sweats
5.) muscle aches
6.) sore throat
7.) fatigue
8.) swollen lymph nodes
9.) ulcer in the mouth

sin will give you as much pleasure as it wants you to have, but its always waiting for the time to break your life apart.
what goes around comes around!!!

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Blecus: 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
You're a real man.
You don't need to disclose her status to anyone it's confidential. I once had a patient that's + and her husband was -. She has three kids with him and he's still negative . Go and marry her if you truly love her.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by alizma: 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

First of all, I want to appreciate your courage and your knowledge of the virus. In addition to that, I want to encourage you to stand for what you believe, you have your reasons for loving her despite knowing her status, stand for that reason and be focused. You don't owe people your life, you only owe them explanation for certain decision you take in your life and that is in appreciation for their subsequent and perhaps future role in your life.
As for your fears, that is normal. No matter how perfect a relationship is, there is usually something that give us reason to entertain fear as we approach the alter to take that oath of forever together but that fear is best dropped in your prayer corner, let God handle that while you handle the ones you can.
I am a married man and there are some secret that are left for both of you.
Finally, I want you to know that if you accept her as your wife and mother of your children in love and truth, the entire world will accept her as such in less than a year. So the bulk of the decision is with you and not with peoples thought or action.
More so, make sure you guys plan your marriage very well bother financially and spiritually because no matter how good you are, there are people waiting to laugh at your downfall, even if you marry the best, they are always waiting. Success bro

2 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
Apply for visa (single or both), travel out, after 6 months, and examine your rigid stance with her.

I won't say more than this at the moment.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by ariklawani(f): 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
You are Strong ooo

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by gabicon: 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

I must say I admire your bravery, there is a huge level of stigmatisation to HIV in our society, most of it is due to improper education. You will have to manage the situation with wisdom, HIV is perceived to be a death sentence, don't expect your mum to take it likely because the instinct of mothers is to protect their children for perceived danger. As regards to people, they will always talk, breast feed or not they will say either derogatory or kind remarks, do t live life for people. I also sense you are terrified of contacting the disease, if you decide to be with this woman you have to be open to the possibility of being infected, if you are not you may as well terminate the relationship.
When you decide to break the news to your family I suggest you go through a trusted and respected family confidant.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by elysian777: 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
Well who am I to judge you, you understand better. Face the future that lies ahead of you.If you have understanding siblings and that are matured, share it, if not keep it to yourself and go to the grave with it, cause since she is the only one positive they might pressure you into leaving her. Also for the issue of breastfeeding, she can do that from when the baby comes, except that it has to be only breastmilk and nothing else, not even water except when very necessary, in small quantity though. I think she can do that for 6months,after then she weans the baby off completely, it will be strictly baby food. Stay with her bro,be strong and keep the faith alive. Shalom Aneichem
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by RedBororo(m): 12:05pm On May 12, 2020
What help do you want, you are fully aware of the risk, the fact now is you too are HIV +, BEST OF LUCK
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Dpundict: 12:05pm On May 12, 2020
Consult your doctor about the feeding options and start preparing now before it is too late. You must not tell anybody her status unless you want her to feel bad and maybe resort to harming herself. Once a family member of yours knows, it will be like water poured on top of a rock that trickles down to the root of it. Besides you owe no one a duty to explain why your wife is not breastfeeding the baby so long the baby is healthy and you have alternatives ready. Love her as you have said but take all necessary precautions to stay negative for her and the baby. Peace❤❤❤
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Topmaike007(m): 12:05pm On May 12, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Why won't she feel that way when you keep bringing up your relationship issues here
who is this one again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

She Takes Too Many Pictures And Videos / 5 Ways To Take Off The Bra By Joseph Edgar / This Nigerian Man Forgave & Took Girlfriend Back After She Cheated &got Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.