Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed (65066 Views)

Jennifer Oseh: Security Man Falls In Love With Working Class Lady, She Reacts / "I Slept With This Lady, She Demanded For N200k But I Gave Her N20k" - Man Says / Any HIV Positive Lady On Here For A Serious Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Ashirioluwa: 12:55pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.
nollywood story
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by cdyfoundation(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2020
I don't think there is any encouragement that can be given to a man like u. With this singular act, u have done what only a few men can do. Focus on why you love her in the first place and enjoy your life. This is not the time to be distracted.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Sarah20A(f): 12:58pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

They will ask questions.
tell them the doctor said she can't breastfeed and keep the secret to yourselves and people that already knows
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Rexymania(m): 1:01pm On May 12, 2020
Sir, I respect your courage.

Leave the rest to God...
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Daxxx: 1:01pm On May 12, 2020
Awkward
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by ibawon(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2020
Nobody may have commended you
Brother people like you are limited in this world
YOU ARE A GOOD HUMAN BEING.
stay with her and wife her and let her know she's the best thing in your life.
When your kid comes you will be the most happiest on earth.
Take care of her it your future family and no one's business.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by bammo: 1:04pm On May 12, 2020
Dude.. if she's a good woman and she is worth every sacrifice, I think this is the time you must to step up and take the bullet for her.
If you should tell anyone that she is HIV positive and you are not, they'll Stigmatize her for life, why not tell mum that you are also with the Virus, and don't give her the impression that you got it from her..
Being with her is a tough decision, and you need to make sure you are willing to take thay step
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by creepsyme(f): 1:04pm On May 12, 2020
I congratulate your bravery!
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Spicy128(f): 1:06pm On May 12, 2020
Who told you she cant breastfeed? Nothing stops her from breastfeeding her child for a year, just that the baby will be on preventive measure during the period ( cotrim)

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Adex2442: 1:08pm On May 12, 2020
RUN OP, RUN

And Never stop RUNNING
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by DatakingEnterpr: 1:08pm On May 12, 2020
Hello everyone,
I'm John, I want to introduce you guys to a platform which has been my source of income.
During my 100L days I've wanted to become an entrepreneur but I don't know how to go about it. I wanted to have financial freedom and stop depending on my parents for stipends.
Then I took the bold step,what is the bold step?
I met with DATAKING Enterprise Agent. After hours of detailed explanation,I registered and became an agent and finally I was working my way to be an entrepreneur.And it has been a fantastic journey so far.
Let me introduce you to DATAKING ENTERPRISE.
Have you heard about Dataking Enterprise?
Dataking Enterprise is an online store that offer services like the sales of;
• Internet Data bundle
• The sales of Airtime
• Cable TV subscription
• payment of electricity bill etc.
We provide all this services at affordable rates.
Benefit of doing business with Dataking Enterprise
• We give you up to 5% discount on ever Airtime you purchase
• Our Internet data bundle is durable
• Our services are affordable.
Other notable things are
• 24/7 customer care service
• Impeccable taste for customer satisfaction
• Our light speed delivery
And the best part is that you can also Be an entrepreneur through Dataking Enterprise, with the sale of data bundle,printing of airtime etc.And you're on the way to start making money and stop depending on anyone.for money. See ya at the top.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by BamideleOJ: 1:10pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.

If not for Corona Virus ni. I'll have just said you guys should arrange traveling for her so that your family neither hers will experience the breastfeeding moments.

Simple, you save yourselves the burden of unnecessary explanation.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 12, 2020
You are a brave soul,HIV is no longer the death sentence it was 20years ago, the treatment which is free in Nigeria can make patients undetectable. Goodluck.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Ybaby: 1:12pm On May 12, 2020
Tell no one.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Kylekent59: 1:12pm On May 12, 2020
The lady deceived you by not revealing her status to you on time. She then revealed her status to you 7 months after the start of the relationship, and now you are here consoling yourself with "viral load."

You even went ahead and had sex with her severally without consulting your doctor.

The mother that carried you for 9 months, how would she feel on hearing this?, how would your family members react to your foolishness of love? Don't even try to be a masochistic.

I told all my sisters that they should be very careful on how they live their lives.

I tell them" remember who you are, where you come from, and most importantly your future. You have to be prudent, if you spoil yourself, you spoil your future. The right thing should be done in the right time."

My advise for you should've been to [b]go for deliverance, but since you have pregnanted her, i would advise you make sure she's always taking her medications. [/b]

My advice to ladies out there and guys, don't let love fool you. You have to continually know who you are and where you come from.

I remember back then at camp, a girl was tripping for one guy like that that was very handsome. It was very obvious she liked him, but the guy still had sex with her.

If only the bitch knew where she came from and who she was, she wouldn't had done that.

People should be think wisely before their Dick, and to girls that have covetous minds, should reason first before their want.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Yomit71(m): 1:14pm On May 12, 2020
Nothing will happen to you, just have faith in God.
Nevertheless except you're looking for child don't have raw sex with her again. enjoi each other while protection is on
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by kwamerayban(m): 1:15pm On May 12, 2020
�Wow u are a man o, u really tried.
But must u tell someone abt it?
I mean its good to confide in people but that wl only bring more worries, like their reactions, words, u will even av to worry abt if they can keep it to themselves.
Hmmm if its abt d not breastfeeding d child, there are other things u can tell those who are necessary to tell na.
Wishing u d best tho
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by bammo: 1:16pm On May 12, 2020
I had an HIV positive aunt that used to breastfeed her baby few years ago. I don't know how she did it but I think it may be possible
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by 2loadedguy: 1:17pm On May 12, 2020
You are a very weak man and I see desperation and selfishness on your part and not love. Probably the girl is from a rich home or earns better than u hence u think settling with her will ease your burden in life and you decided to play kite with your life. Only lazy and unreasonable men think this way, since you have decided to damn the hiv virus and have sex with her without protection you should be prepared for the worse and issues that will come with it.
Firstly,you will suffer from discrimination from family members and your mum will tell you how she has slept with different men to now finally give you the virus she contacted in the process.Secondly, you should know that you need more money to buy retroviral drugs for you both because u will use the drugs daily for the rest of your hiv life as I don't need to remind you that you will soon contact the virus sooner than later.
Lastly, you have a lot of explanation to give to your unborn children on how you both contacted hiv by the time your family members start distancing from them because they think they have hiv and trust children to ask you why.
My opinion is simple and I'm unapologetic about it; hiv patients should marry a fellow hiv patients the same way a leper should marry a fellow leper. A rich man should marry a fellow rich babe while a poor man should marry a fellow poverty stricken woman to forestall toxic marriages.

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by andyanders: 1:20pm On May 12, 2020
Op, the worst u can do to urself nd d lady is disclossing her status, even ur family members, inclusive. Secret is the thing only u knows. Since she is pregnant, both of u should get medical advise from the hospital and how to live together and ur unborn child not contracting the virus. It is not a deadly deceases like b4.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Yomit71(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2020
DatakingEnterpr:
Hello everyone,
I'm John, I want to introduce you guys to a platform which has been my source of income.
During my 100L days I've wanted to become an entrepreneur but I don't know how to go about it. I wanted to have financial freedom and stop depending on my parents for stipends.
Then I took the bold step,what is the bold step?
I met with DATAKING Enterprise Agent. After hours of detailed explanation,I registered and became an agent and finally I was working my way to be an entrepreneur.And it has been a fantastic journey so far.
Let me introduce you to DATAKING ENTERPRISE.
Have you heard about Dataking Enterprise?
Dataking Enterprise is an online store that offer services like the sales of;
• Internet Data bundle
• The sales of Airtime
• Cable TV subscription
• payment of electricity bill etc.
We provide all this services at affordable rates.
Benefit of doing business with Dataking Enterprise
• We give you up to 5% discount on ever Airtime you purchase
• Our Internet data bundle is durable
• Our services are affordable.
Other notable things are
• 24/7 customer care service
• Impeccable taste for customer satisfaction
• Our light speed delivery
And the best part is that you can also Be an entrepreneur through Dataking Enterprise, with the sale of data bundle,printing of airtime etc.And you're on the way to start making money and stop depending on anyone.for money. See ya at the top.
How, no number to contact you
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by OriOko88(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2020
grin

The way I avoid HIV thread this days ehn. I dread that shit no be small. That's my Achilles heel I swears
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Agbojosep: 1:22pm On May 12, 2020
Hmmmm.....to be sincere with u am short of words....let hear from the elders

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by emerald1(f): 1:25pm On May 12, 2020
Hiv positive mother's can breastfeed but the baby will be on medication
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Lerumo: 1:26pm On May 12, 2020
When you fell in love and began dating her in spite of her status, you didn’t think what people would say. Now that things have been going smooth between you and you’re about to start a family you’ve started thinking what people would say.

Don’t be the architect of your problem. They say if it’s not broken don’t fix it. Leave trouble where e dey sleep.

Since you truly love each other, I advise you continue with your future plans and keep your secrets to yourselves.

My 2cents.

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by obailala(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Tell your mum you have HIV too.. That will neutralise everything.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 12, 2020
In South Africa, Doctors encourage breast feeding to build up the babies immunity. Beast milk has antibodies which fight infections.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Imobright2004: 1:30pm On May 12, 2020
My brother there is something I don't want to say openly here, here is my Email address write me and I will advice u on what to do, thanks

Imobright2004@hotmail.com
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by mrkings84(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2020
Lov ki u dia
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by KnightsTemplar(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2020
1StopRudeness:

It’s not something she can hide, especially if the family of the guy are learned folks.... just one visit after they give birth for omugo, they will notice....he should just get ready to handle handle the stigma and backlash

Omugo wetin? They are not married, and I think OP has developed cold feet.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 12, 2020
Another fabricated novel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

My Pre Wedding Pics / This Nigerian Man Forgave & Took Girlfriend Back After She Cheated &got Pregnant / Why Do I Always Meet Poor Girls With So Much Demands? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.