Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed (65085 Views)

Jennifer Oseh: Security Man Falls In Love With Working Class Lady, She Reacts / "I Slept With This Lady, She Demanded For N200k But I Gave Her N20k" - Man Says / Any HIV Positive Lady On Here For A Serious Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by adegeye38(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.
My brother you are playing Ludo wit ur life, because of Lust you are putting ur own life in danger

Having unprotected sex wit som1 u are nt married to, and also also wit d risk o being infected, non of dis tins sound rite

You need to give ur life to Jesus, he loves you and want d best for you.

If it is Gods plan for u to marry her, dat is another matter.

But first give ur life to Jesus

And go for HIV test

2 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by eaddyboy: 12:16pm On May 12, 2020
All the best! follow your heart but carry ur brain along
my 2cent
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:18pm On May 12, 2020
OP YOU BE FOOL

nothing wey I wan follow you talk
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Laseye008(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2020
Ningen:
You're building something beautiful here.
Don't throw it to the dogs lest they trample it.

Let's face the facts and be real —
Disclosing her status will generate negativity.

This can sabotage your happiness.

So unless your relatives are understanding folks I don't think it's a brilliant idea at all. Just keep this secret to yourselves and support your wife.

God bless you for this
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Orpe7(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2020
You are like an idiot who is genotype SS yet still marries a Lady who is Also SS
One day your eye go clear
That kpetus wey dey sweet u go soon tire u
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Ronniepoki(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2020
These two Chinese guys work in liesa, both of them have HIV. They sleep with different nigeria girls every day. They are evil man, who can find them

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by cchima: 12:20pm On May 12, 2020
[quote author=cchima post=89463523]Bros, there's no course for alarm, both of you can live a normal life. She can breastfeed the baby exclusively for six months while she and the baby take med and instructions given to her for the baby safety. Do her the favour of visiting the hospital where she enrolled for drugs for your questions. Bet me notting will do your baby if she adhere strictly to instructions. You call my number 08055146835.
Very important:
She can deliver normal without cs so notting to worry.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by divineappo(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:
Hello Nairalanders, Hope you guys are staying Safe. Please don't mind my writing, I will make it short as possible.

I met this wonderful lady Last year and everything has been going good until 7 months ago when she told me she was Hiv+. That hit me hard but that didn't change anything, she was surprised I didnt react and opening up to me didn't scare me because I'm negative though we haven't had sex yet before the moment.

Now it has been 4 months we've been having unprotected sex. I'm not afraid of contracting the virus, as she keeps taking med and her viral load is low. I made sure before we went for test before having unprotected sex. Her CD4 count is above 750 and viral load is below 20, which makes hiv undetectable in her.

Now one night around 3months ago, she woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me, why do I love her knowing fully well about her status because she could not believe she will ever have a relationship with someone negative not even in this Nigeria by the way they stigmatize hiv+ people. I told her the reason and I'm not afraid hiv is not the worse or the baddest of diseases. There are more killer diseases than HIV and HIV is not a diseases but a virus. Only attack your immune system and its no longer a deadly virus.

The problem I have now is that whenever I imagine myself having it and how I will popping drugs everyday, make me kinda moody towards her, because I always keep telling her to always take her drugs. Last night she discovered she is pregnant and I'm just imagining things how everything will play out, I know when she will put to bed she won't be able to breastfeed. People will ask questions. I really need to tell someone in my family but I don't know who. My mom my react and the other person I trust is my younger sister.

On her own part, only her elder sister and brother knew she has the virus. And she had it since 2007.

I only need an advice if I need to tell any member of my family, looking to settle down with her this October.
bro, Do NOT tell your family members, I repeat, do NOT tell ur family members

You wil regret it. Let it remain a secret between you and your girl since u said u truly love her

Also, consult your doctor for counseling as per the breastfeeding thing. There is always a solution
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Abbeylanre15(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2020
You are a one in a million man. Really want to be like u. Pls don't tell anyone in ur family. I'm not sure people are that strong mentally to understand u and honor ur decision. Keep showing her that love by keeping mum and find another to say to people for not being able to breastfeed.. JAH BLESS YOU PLENTY

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by vince96w2(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

bro, don't tell anyone. Talk to your Dr there is a way she can breast feed. The baby will be on drugs. If not formula is just fine. Just look for a medical excuse to tell everyone.. Make sure she always takes her drugs then use condoms often. She should always shave so u get no cuts on you dick. If you do,you take truvada efaverenz for a month..You are a good man your love is pure.. You will last together.kudos

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by illicit(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2020
Tell your lawyer
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by adeoyelekan(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Congratulations
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Peace081: 12:23pm On May 12, 2020
YoungPerson:
They say too many cooks spoil the broth but I'll give you my two cents.

Don't tell anybody. Not even your sister. Make your life as private as possible. If you try it, you will know the true meaning of stigmatization. Even if your family eventually warms up to you (some will never), the truth will out everywhere to your extended family. You won't be able to attend family functions, etc. Don't start an interfamily village people standoff.

Even if you have to, start your family first. Let the child come into the world. If they can reject your child along with you, then they can f**k off. Simple as ABC.
Wisdom will not kill you
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by hatedisplace: 12:24pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

You can remain negative, she can deliver normally (no CS), can have the number of children both of you want, can breastfeed. Go to a teaching hospital an talk to your doctor. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by MasterKernel: 12:24pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

They will ask questions.

Tell them she has a rare case of Hypoplasia or IGT Hypoplasia of the breast, also known as insufficient glandular tissue or IGT, occurs when the mammary tissue and glands don't develop normally. Women with this rare condition often have breasts that don't produce enough milk to nurse.

Keep it private, ease.... They will stigmatize you and your wife forever.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by codeminta: 12:24pm On May 12, 2020
story that touch

My Advice
Love do make us do crazy things, uv enter uv enter...
You should both reach an agreement to have just this one child, then proceed with protected sex, because if you keep having unprotected sex chances are you may impregnate her again and yourself contracting the virus, if this happens the family may not last because knowing you are both a carrier will have serious effect on your mental health... who will now encourage each other.

Don't allow third parties in your affairs, every mallam with his kettle.

I heard black seed oil, honey and prayers do wonders as concerned the HIV.

May God show you more light.

These thoughts and suggestions are only for educational purposes... Applying it to your situation is your personal decision

Please you can help me to raise money for laptop... I'm dire in need of it...kindly help progress my ict career.

olalekansodi3@gmail.com
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by apexc4859: 12:25pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 3598481[/color]
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2020
emyrald91:
Help how?

You know get sense?

HIV is not a death sentence though.

But let me ask you, do you know your current status?

oga this mountain you are climbing ? i wish you luck
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Fastmove: 12:27pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

They will ask questions.

From ur write ups. I understand that ur only bone of contention now is: How do u keep other people away from knowing her status when she delivers? Luk for any medical condition that doesn't permit a child to be breastfed, or a woman to breast feed. When you do, tell that to your mum as a reason why your wife can't breast feed her baby..Then beg her not to tell anyone as you wouldn't want anyone to know about it. and that she is already seeing a doctor for. Tell her this only when she has delivered to buy you sometime. Your mum may still know her status but she needs to get to know her daughter inlaw very before that happens. You could start off to tell her that you re the one positive with the virus to see how she reacts to that before telling her that its actually your wife who has the virus.
Cc Crazeman03
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by hatedisplace: 12:29pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

You don't need to tell any of family, friends, pastor etc, they only make matters worse.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by batista181(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2020
Guy you get mind oo may God bless your union
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by perryy(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2020
My guy, you have nothing to fear. HIV=AIDS is a medical scam. I can bet with anything, it she gives birth , let her breast feed that child for 12 months , even if she stops taking the poison they called ARV, nothing would happen to the baby. I know of a woman who was declared positive in 2010 when she went for anti natal, she was taken to the general hospital where they gave her drugs which she over reacted to. She stopped the drugs , gave birth to a baby girl through the normal process and breast fed the baby for 12 months . The girl is 10 now and 100% negative .

Take note , if she breastfed the child , nothing will happen to the child . I can bet with anything
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Ken4agent(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2020
U discover she was HIV+ early enough to take off, but you dem d consequence of going ahead.....now the consequence is here and u are asking for opinion??

Yu need not worry about what people will say when she can't breastfeed.....it a path you choose. But I can assure yu it going to be a very very very long walk for you so the earlier yu get set for what coming ahead d easier u get over it

My only worry now is just like we put HIV behind us and years ago and move on, am hopping we put coro virus behind us asap and move on grin
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by shegunmessi(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2020
This ain’t funny,u I’ve really tried,well I’m not against ur relationship with her ,rather supporting the fact that she’s HIV+,but wot I eventually get knw is that if u are the one in such crucial conditions,she’s won’t hesitate in ditching u for another man,so use ur head.

1 Like

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by SwagPower: 12:31pm On May 12, 2020
Wish I saw this sooner..All I want to add though is There's no reason why she can't breastfeed..As long as her Viral load is less than 20..

She can breastfed till baby is 12 months(-ve persons are usually adviced to do this for atleast 18months)

You might be considering formula feeds but as a health professional ,I'll tell you your baby will be at a disadvantage taking formula ...

That's she's had it for 12years and still looking good means she's adherent to her drugs.All she has to do is remain adherent and I don't see any reasons why you two can't live happily, till you are both old and wrinkled...

BTW you are a good person...

Crazeman03

2 Likes

Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 12, 2020
SmileDance:
I don't get it, will she live in your family house or how else will they know your wife isn't breastfeeding

Lol...

There’s no way the guy’s mother won’t visit them and stay for many days after she gives birth. She can’t hide breast-feeding. Baby will cry....mother in law will say come and breast-feed.. if she runs inside and shut the door every time, that’s already a red flag..
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Realtizzy(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2020
Love dey o
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Keketu(m): 12:35pm On May 12, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Why won't she feel that way when you keep bringing up your relationship issues here
hi, good morning please Pm me thanks
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by perryy(m): 12:35pm On May 12, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
OP YOU BE FOOL

nothing wey I wan follow you talk

You are the biggest fool. HIV is a hoax.
Re: I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed by Albinoworwor: 12:36pm On May 12, 2020
Crazeman03:

Provided she's virally suppressed she can exclusively breastfeed for six months.... Nothing to worry about smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Pre Wedding Pics / This Nigerian Man Forgave & Took Girlfriend Back After She Cheated &got Pregnant / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.