Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95774 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:14am On May 03, 2020
Tumbulum:
fucccck. How can you know one has a bright future?Everyone has a bright future but that may never come to frutition if one does not work hard.

Babcock.

5 years later she is still ahead of poster
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Fakelondonboi(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2020
ABOVE ALL JUST HUSTLE WITH GODS GUIDANCE U WILL MAKE IT AND UR KIND OF WOMAN WILL CUM COS IF U HAD PACK A BENZ IN HIS COMPUND O DON'T THE MAN WILL EVER SAY THOSE WORDS

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:17am On May 03, 2020
mechanics:
I will allow my daughter make her right choice not to bring a law that won't favour her.

Get ready to use your retirement pension to pay primary school fees for children who bear another man's surname.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by openmine(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

So if ladies are looking for a successful man let the men be successful.... abi?
Marriage to a poor man is worse than no marriage abeg. What will you feed your children ......
You are the one erroneously believing that OP is 'poor' simply because of the type of certificate he presents!
The OP hasn't told you he is poor or struggling financially or without a job!
There are people with his job title in a private firm that earn so much and are financially bouyant!

He just stated explicitly that he has a 'job' as a factory supervisor which for me is the first responsibility for a man who intends to get married must have!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by olamariamjonez(m): 10:20am On May 03, 2020
Guy, face ur work. If she is urs, her parent 'll change their mind. If otherwise, u 'll c another person.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:20am On May 03, 2020
openmine:

You are the one erroneously believing that OP is 'poor' simply because of the type of certificate he presents!
The OP hasn't told you he is poor or struggling financially or without a job!
There are people with his job title in a private firm that earn so much and are financially bouyant!

He just stated explicitly that he has a job as a factory supervisor which for me is the first responsibility a man who intends to get married must have!

Ah!
I see the error now.

I am sure poster is successful.

The end.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Skepticus: 10:23am On May 03, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
Chai see comments!!! The thread further reveals how hypocritical humans are and also shows that's how it will always remain. If this thread anout a yahooboy caught now these comments about class now will suddenly change to words like "get any honest job and be earning the little you you are earning " or comments like "as long as he is working honestly it is okay " this guy went to school and got a job no matter how little but see discrimination.

I will continue to say it, get money wether honestly or dishonesty or whatever means even by ritual just get money because humans are cruel and hypocritical by nature. You won't like what you will see if you no get money ooo

For me, you made the best comment here.

You really know Nigerians and their hypocritical ways. The same fools saying that he should "make money" by all means or pretend to be rich (packaging) would be the one to say that "money is not everything" or develop at your own pace if he he is caught and paraded in the news as a yahoo boy or ritualist.

For me, I always advice folks to get money for the sake of it, rather than to get validation from these cursed set of people called Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:24am On May 03, 2020
Gentlealibu:

OP, pls follow this bolded advice. She might be your turning point in life.

2 types of men

Men who give to women (REAL MAN)
Men who take from women (SHEMAN)
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by friendl: 10:24am On May 03, 2020
Everything will be okay ,it depends on her strong wills,...

Don't lose that lady l advice you on that ,if if is to beg her father ,do so ,..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by openmine(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

Risi omo Iya alagbo will give him more peace than this lady can.

Marriage is a legal contract ... it is a business. Donot get it twisted.

People choose to love .... loving someone is a choice but marriage is a legal business contract.
Everyone has an opinion about marriage!
Different strokes for different folks....while you are entitled to such opinionated classification,others have a different mindset about marriage!
Just because you think marriage to you is a legal business contract doesn't imply or hastily conclude that everyone thinks like you!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Kasieze(m): 10:25am On May 03, 2020
All this na because you no get money simple
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by tuzle(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2020
Roseline1109:
[b][/b]you are laughing that PHD student beg you for money, it is wise decision to raise himself check him back after two years of graduation
who is laughing? I gave that example to show that having msc or PhD doesn't automatically makes one rich or grants u a job.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by samuel1986(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2020
Education has nothing to do with marriage bro.
Hustle and make money.
It's not about qualification but Moneyfication.
Thank me later.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by GiZcorp: 10:32am On May 03, 2020
Another dumb fellow, you were rejected because you don't have enough money not any degree. Go and hustle pls. NEXT!

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Opracus(f): 10:33am On May 03, 2020
OPS.....I will say let her be the one to choose and dont let her go against her family wish................I Will use a very close family story that looks familar with this to explain why you should let her decide ok..{will use MY}......My Mum"s family are educated my grandpa is a retired chartered account and my grandma was a retired HNS Nurse but on the other end my Daddy"s family are not educated but are very much ok......My mum was meant to travel out after her first degree at teachers colleges but she fell for my daddy and took him home,her parent rejected him ,She becomes pregnant and the family of my daddy had to go for engagement and to sort the wedding out,My Mum father chase them with gun and vow never to have anything to do with my mummy again,he stopped my grandma and my mum other siblings from seeing her this was about 1994....;Her sister"s and her family left her....1999 her said husband died and the family she was with his sibling kicked her out with her kids and sold all her husband properties....Her family knew about it but ignored because she didnt listen,Her father trained her siblings to be far better than her and placed a curse on whosoever help her because she was the most loved of her father but the father couldnt take the disgrace i think...............LET HER MAKE HER DECISION PLS DONT LET HER GO AGAINST HER FATHER"S WISH....THANKS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by maestroferddi: 10:34am On May 03, 2020
NobleSeed:
Oga stop that crap.I can bet you if the op stand and the girl stand and both are asked to defend the so called result, baba forget institution op fit beat her hands down...
Defendanovic...

Who defence help?

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:35am On May 03, 2020
jaxxy:

You are correct, I didn't say he shud go there with such expectation from his wud be inlaws bt help comes from anywhere.. many sensible guys have help their babes step up. Bt its not by force

The gal herself shud have been asking the guy what his plans are and how he's actualising them. I didn't hear any such discussion taking place and that's strange.

The poster had 5 years from when they met till now.

1. He could have rented a land started a cocoa farm in Oshogbo by now he would have means.

2. He could have moved to Lagos to hustle at Alaba or Idumota and by now he will have means. (Eleganza has only primary school certificate)

You cannot come to the market of a pretty woman with "pity me"

If the girls father tells him his own story to climb he will open his mouth.... he now wants to balance and eat from where he has not sowed or have seed to sow.

He wants the prize he has neither worked for or means of looking after.

Risi wa lo Oshogbo jo.

The m in man is for money.

Sorry!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:37am On May 03, 2020
maestroferddi:
Defendanovic...

Who defence help?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by dangoteinlaw: 10:39am On May 03, 2020
Skepticus:

For me, you made the best comment here.

You really know Nigerians and their hypocritical ways. The same fools saying that he should "make money" by all means or pretend to be rich (packaging) would be the one to say that "money is not everything" or develop at your own pace if he he is caught and paraded in the news as a yahoo boy or ritualist.

For me, I always advice folks to get money for the sake of it, rather than to get validation from these cursed set of people called Nigerians.
that is it bro, i know what I'm saying, 34years on earth is no joke. Online life is totally different from offline world and ppl are seldom what they appear to be especially when it comes to issues like wealth, class, caliber, etc. no matter how honest u are u will never earn any respect wearing rags, ppl perceive rich ppl as financially secure and there's that fear attached to that. No matter how educated if u are poor you have nothing to prove your education other than big grammas lol. I hate using fraudsters or politicians as examples but I can't help but admire them whenever i see issues like this. A man in public office is admired for stealing public funds, a thief like dino will go to this same woman's father and he will release this same master abi phd holder to him but coz being a poly grad is the crime this dude committed, which means if he was an artician the father would have grabbed his riffle.

The book "art of making money" states that if you can't make money honestly then make it dishonestly but never for ones think that proverty will take you anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:41am On May 03, 2020
openmine:

Everyone has an opinion about marriage!
Different strokes for different folks....while you are entitled to such opinionated classification,others have a different mindset about marriage!
Just because you think marriage to you is a legal business contract doesn't imply or hastily conclude that everyone thinks like you!

I never said anyone should think like me. I simply gave my opinion and advice on the matter.

Is that ok? It is legal to give opinion
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by taiwotimitt: 10:42am On May 03, 2020
You too messed up.,..from 2015 to 2020, you supposed to have upgraded your academic qualifications now. BSC and MSC all in private uni and you went to govt poly and just forget it...

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Bwaal(m): 10:43am On May 03, 2020
baralatie:
I also remember going with a friend of mine to see his gf/fianc and then in came the brothers/sister and parents.
hian! see people wan oppress this guy becoz at one time it was known that he finished at yabatech.
it was the mother that revealed to all that the person they were showing off to has 2 masters degrees.
That was were the father changed the topic.
Next topic place of employment. my guy got pissed becoz of it.he just signaled to me(I understood).

summary some families are not receptive to some type of people.
give us full gist abeg
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:43am On May 03, 2020
friendl:
Everything will be okay ,it depends on her strong wills,...

Don't lose that lady l serious advice you on that ,if if is to beg her father ,do so ,..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by kalufelix(m): 10:45am On May 03, 2020
LordIsaac:
Everyone in this nation always seeks to be politically correct. It means love doesn't exist. Nigerians has its head buried deep in hypocrisy. Who shall deliver us?
Bro you make one million sense... Every damn thing about Nigeria is skewed... I'm so not doing nigerian r/ships... God forbid! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by maestroferddi: 10:46am On May 03, 2020
Midex88:

Especially for polytechnic graduates discrimination from big multi national companies when it comes to choice jobs
Check am na...

Society is becoming more complex so anybody who chooses to go to a Polytechnic in this present age is doing so at their peril.

Forget the weak argument about having practical skills, do you expect a conscientious employer to forgo a degree graduate in favour of a poly graduand?

Life is much more than emotions...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by openmine(m): 10:48am On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

I never said anyone should think like me. I simply gave my opinion and advice on the matter.

Is that ok? It is legal to give opinion
You assumed that op was poor hence cannot afford to marry a MSC lady because of his type of certificate!
You also assumed he can't afford to take his kids to a very good school simply because you opinionated that his certificate is only good enough to land him a job as a clerical officer in a struggling company!
You then assumed that he is a poor man hence he can't get married...!
You have been assuming all this while!
You don't give an opinion based on postulations or assumptions!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by muaa(f): 10:48am On May 03, 2020
@OP,
Its not about the qualification but about your pocket.
Most Igbo men hardly go beyond high school yet they marry the most beautiful and educated wives.
Guy, hustle oooo
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:52am On May 03, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
that is it bro, i know what I'm saying, 34years on earth is no joke. Online life is totally different from offline world and ppl are seldom what they appear to be especially when it comes to issues like wealth, class, caliber, etc. no matter how honest u are u will never earn any respect wearing rags, ppl perceive rich ppl as financially secure and there's that fear attached to that. No matter how educated if u are poor you have nothing to prove your education other than big grammas lol. I hate using fraudsters or politicians as examples but I can't help but admire them whenever i see issues like this. A man in public office is admired for stealing public funds, a thief like dino will go to this same woman's father and he will release this same master abi phd holder to him but coz being a poly grad is the crime this dude committed, which means if he was an artician the father would have grabbed his riffle.

The book "art of making money" states that if you can't make money honestly then make it dishonestly but never for ones think that proverty will take you anywhere.
You people as if poverty is not as terrible as Yahoo Yahoo or politician..... they are all cut from the same cloth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:54am On May 03, 2020
kalufelix:
Bro you make one million sense... Every damn thing about Nigeria is skewed... I'm so not doing nigerian r/ships... God forbid! cheesy

You have to work hard and buy an airline ticket first... hummn not really you can do an online relationship. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by IceTrice01: 10:54am On May 03, 2020
Bro, you reason am na, it's not fare na. I will advise you to sharply register for pgd and after that proceed for your msc too, it'll take you two years. When you're doing your msc u can then come back to meet her dad and then tell him you're doing ur msc, and he'll tell you Fantabulous!
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by wman(m): 10:57am On May 03, 2020
Saintinoo:

I believe prince Harry married his class abi

Prince Harry is an exception. That's why I used the word 'hardly'. Mind you the lady is an Hollywood actress and not a nobody

But she is black, divorced and older than him with at least 2 years.

That is an exception not the norm.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by kalufelix(m): 10:57am On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

You have to work hard and buy an airline ticket first... hummn not really you can do an online relationship. Nice one.
I already got the airline ticket.. Any other thing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Sex: Access Bank Staff Caught In UNILAG Branch Office Ready For Sex / Groom Falls Back When It Was Time To Kiss His Bride At The Altar / Man And Girlfriend Cause A Stir Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.