Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95832 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2020
humilitypays:
Yes you have a point, but brother let me brag small, I am a born genius. If I was a white, I am supposed to be in the league of late Albert Einstein and co.

The person you are chatting with here finished reading Physics by Abot while I was in SS1, started studying Physics, Further Maths, etc right from Junior secondary. There was no Internet in my time.

I conduct physics and chemistry experiments in my room as a Junior secondary school student. When I got to senior secondary, chemistry, physics, further maths, etc were like book of my bible stories for kids for me. I was way above my mates right from nursery school.

I was a wonder kid. I won lots of school awards growing up. I do multiplication, division of even decimal figures with my head without calculator.

I helped so many people write waec, jamb, etc and they all passed. I was just too good academically.

I read virtually anything readable; holy books, science books, newspapers, magazines, even awake I never missed any of their publications all thanks to my wonderful Jehovah Witness friends that visit regularly for Bible study then.

I hardly go out cos I was engrossed with reading anything I see. I finished oxford dictionary page to page, Bible almost.

My point is, life experiences have taught me a lot, academic degrees, paper qualifications are nothing....wisdom, intelligence, success, smartness is not by your academic degrees or qualifications.

I didn't further after my first degree cos I saw no need, I saw that academic qualifications are a waste of smart and talented people's time, so I quit but I am far more exposed, learned, knowledgeable and better than most professors.

My mates call me prof till date cos they say I am a born prof.

So you guys should quit those paper qualification crap u use to measure people's success, future and intelligence, it's foolishness

Hello sir, I do read your post and many of them resonate with me. I like your train of thoughts too. May I ask if you were born around September?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 7:47pm On May 03, 2020
carpdiemz:

See mumu, with your university and all the bsc all of over Nigeria how many jobs have you got? And what technical skills you got ? Just theory with no applied.... lol grin it’s obvious you are one of the local morons that beat there chest of being a useless university graduate with nothing to show for , u better go and learn a skill , a polytechnic graduates who studied quantity survey would feed you and your family without stress, if you like graduate from one of the glorified university in Nigeria , when you travel out of Nigeria to get a the same yeye degree u got u yuh still gonna start from scratch..and by then you would remember I said it’s all glorified . get some exposure bruv grin

You made my head swell when I read that part of Quantity surveying. I studied QS in OSCOTECH, finished with upper credit.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Akalia(m): 7:58pm On May 03, 2020
carpdiemz:

See mumu, with your university and all the bsc all of over Nigeria how many jobs have you got? And what technical skills you got ? Just theory with no applied.... lol grin it’s obvious you are one of the local morons that beat there chest of being a useless university graduate with nothing to show for , u better go and learn a skill , a polytechnic graduates who studied quantity survey would feed you and your family without stress, if you like graduate from one of the glorified university in Nigeria , when you travel out of Nigeria to get a the same yeye degree u got u yuh still gonna start from scratch..and by then you would remember I said it’s all glorified . get some exposure bruv grin
your response to that delusional university slowpoke who thinks he is superior to poly graduates cuts it for me. I hate to come across people riding on their high horses when in reality the are empty scumbags- no top money, no connects, no notable achievement, no gift or talent; just a hollow skull and a loose tongue.

Forget the messed up educational system we operate here in Nigeria coupled with unpopular government policies. The university tertiary system is not supposed to be superior to that of the polytechnic, at least that's what's obtainable in saner climes.

Both systems are totally different and most importantly complement each other.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by openmine(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2020
Heavenian:
Sometimes you wonder how our parents reason. You don't size someone up because he/she finishes from the Polytechnic and as such he wouldn't amount to much in life. Success in life in all ramifications isn't a function of the tertiary institution attended. It's only here in Nigeria that organisations, establishments, companies disparage between Polytechnics and Universities.
Would the father in question prefers her daughter having a good home with rest of mind being married to a hardworking, ambitious and loving individual or allow educational qualification discrepancy to deny her daughter of true love.
In as much as parents want their children to be married to suitors who are educated (which I totally subscribe to), the ultimate should be hoping for a good home for them.
If a guy is loving, smart, hardworking and ambitious coupled with the fear of God, I will always give my support. This to me is the recipe for outstanding success in life.
cool

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by carpdiemz: 8:09pm On May 03, 2020
Akalia:
your response to that delusional university slowpoke who thinks he is superior to poly graduates cuts it for me. I hate to come across people riding on their high horses when in reality the are empty scumbags- no top money, no connects, no notable achievement, no gift or talent; just a hollow skull and a loose tongue.

Forget the messed up educational system we operate here in Nigeria coupled with unpopular government policies. The university tertiary system is not supposed to be superior to that of the polytechnic, at least that's what's obtainable in saner climes.

Both systems are totally different and most importantly complement each other.

Don’t mind him that’s why I shut him up , such a kid.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by carpdiemz: 8:13pm On May 03, 2020
damesilver:

You made my head swell when I read that part of Quantity surveying. I studied QS in OSCOTECH, finished with upper credit around 2014 but I've been unable to get job. Some offer to pay 18-20k which is lamentably small. I would be glad if you could link me up.

My dad friend is a licensed surveyor, and his son studied same course too , will let you know if anything come up .
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by humilitypays(m): 8:18pm On May 03, 2020
damesilver:

Hello sir, I do read your post and many of them resonate with me. I like your train of thoughts too. May I ask if you were born around September?
Oh really? No, I wasn't born around September,
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 8:41pm On May 03, 2020
damesilver:

You made my head swell when I read that part of Quantity surveying. I studied QS in OSCOTECH, finished with upper credit around 2014 but I've been unable to get job. Some offer to pay 18-20k which is lamentably small. I would be glad if you could link me up.

wink He will link you up
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 8:43pm On May 03, 2020
carpdiemz:

My dad friend is a licensed surveyor, and his son studied same course too , will let you know if anything come up .

Ah!!! Thought you said Surveyor jobs are laying everywhere waiting for graduates to pick them up? Enu po!! grin grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by menix(m): 8:43pm On May 03, 2020
KenModi:

Don’t know about that but an educated lady marrying an illiterate man is a no no! Wahala must come later

Is a HND graduate an illiterate

Wonders won't end oo!!

To answer that thing u scribbled up there;
Do u know ow many igbo millionaire nd billionaire traders that are married to professionals
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 8:45pm On May 03, 2020
UTEWUOJO:

NYSC brought them together of course, and that is why I want HND NYSC to be different from that of DEGREE.

Me too!!

NYSC is doing Lord Luggard's work....
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by baralatie(m): 8:46pm On May 03, 2020
loswhite:
If it can work with a man why can it work with a woman? Do you have any scientific proof to why? Do you think it has not been working? Husband and wife must learn to respect each other not base on material possession... If you rich today and your joy is you get respect from your wife because you are the provider...lol I sorry for you o.
You have not answered the question?
A woman earns #1500000 per month and lives in v.I the guy earns #180000 per month and lives in ilasa mushin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 8:47pm On May 03, 2020
loswhite:
so because you are a top developer in a top company in Lagos and you can give her the life she is used to so automatically you are small god and deserve to marry the woman of your heart right? So since the bases of marriage is because you can give her the kind of life she is used then we should say marriage is not for better for worst right? So assuming you have an accident and you cannot give her that life she is used to so you agree it is acceptable that she moves to the next guy that can give her life that she is used to abi? When men have little money they think too highly of themselves, they become arrogant and that they start thinking it is by their power... Anyway those of you buying women should not come and tell us that a woman left you because you lost your job or because something happened to you o

Yimu grin grin

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Lorenzop: 9:16pm On May 03, 2020
duduade:
Be shouting you truly love her upandan

Gold digger oshi... Third mainland bridge is in Lagos... Whey you will come to Lagos and jump inside

Don't go and look for someone or your status

So that no one/inlaw will be looking down on you

Hahahahahaha, u get bad mouth o....see finishing grin angry
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 9:33pm On May 03, 2020
humilitypays:
Oh really? No, I wasn't born around September,

Ok, sir. I thought you could be Virgo.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 9:34pm On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

wink He will link you up

Wait, are you now making a jester of me?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 9:37pm On May 03, 2020
carpdiemz:

OK, sir.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Alaganature(m): 9:57pm On May 03, 2020
OasisT:

Brother, the whole stuff narrated was part of my life experience and I advised base on my experience and how I escaped the embarrassment. I am sorry of I by any way insulted the OP . I was rubbished by a polytechnic lecturer in Federal Polytechnic Ede who happened to be a foster father of the lady then and how I responded was what I advised and I ended up marrying another person that is better than the one I was rubbished because of

That's God favor for you...and I'm glad you got married to another lady with being embarrassed.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by maruzia: 10:31pm On May 03, 2020
Are you sure this is the only cause
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by NobleSeed(m): 10:55pm On May 03, 2020
Hmmm
ehinmowo:

Calm down nigga. No matter how bad NIgeria education is, the chance that an HND holder can measure up to a master degree holder is very slim. You think say na beans? To even get Bsc in one of the first generation universities in Nigeria no be beans. Those two private schools have sound educational systems
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by NobleSeed(m): 10:56pm On May 03, 2020
maestroferddi:
Defendanovic...

Who defence help?
help Nigeria at large bro.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by oote: 10:56pm On May 03, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
Hello Bro what the man is telling you is to improve yourself academically by doing PGD degree and later on MSc. like your babe. May be father knows her daughter very well more than you do. The lady can change after conjugal bliss and she'll be telling you after all I'm more educated than you in any small argument. My advice is to upgrade yourself by having MSc. degree in any schools ( U.I et. al) that are more in good ranking position than Covenant and Babcock universities. Don't be panick Bro.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by NobleSeed(m): 10:58pm On May 03, 2020
Frezhkid10:
grin grin angry angry...a third class degree in convenant is better than a distinction candidate in any poly...forget argument...I am a poly graduate and I know what I am saying
hahaha mad ooh....so because say u go poly and you failed to work on yourself na,automatically everyone that have HND or ND na dorland abi?
Sorri sir I disagreed.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by kcbaba007: 11:17pm On May 03, 2020
gaius01:

Some parents sef Na Ogun go locate them, leave him to marry her Na, but Sir you caught your coat beyond your size, a girl with MSc, you must admit she has class, and her parents will be ready to see some one above thier daughter. Well I will advice, if her dad really meant what he said tell her it her dad that is making you leave her
As for me I can't and will never marry a lady above me, in school, I can't kawai

Inferiority complexed nigga spotted
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by kcbaba007: 11:21pm On May 03, 2020
Op.... Educational qualification can not determine a blissful marriage, if the girl in question really loves you and wants to spend the rest of her life with you, she would gave to convince her parents to accept you, if you were jobless, that would have been entirely different. Just work on yourself bro, don't let anyone belittle you, you are a man, as long as you know what you are doing in life, the sky is only the beginning.

Ask the girl what her opinion is regarding what the Dad said, ask her of her plans, then work on it, also, do not forget to pray for God's guidance
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by seunowa(f): 11:24pm On May 03, 2020
duduade:
Be shouting you truly love her upandan

Gold digger oshi... Third mainland bridge is in Lagos... Whey you will come to Lagos and jump inside
[left][/left]
Don't go and look for someone or your status

So that no one/inlaw will be looking down on you
You are telling him to go and jump inside lagoon. Is that your best advice to him?... I pray God will heal your brain.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by seunowa(f): 11:32pm On May 03, 2020
deewhydoski:
Op, I can see that some people are saying you should go and make money to impress your babe family, like say money is easy to make especially in this Niger. Op dont go and do pass yourself
Leave the girl, it is obvious that her father don't want you. Upgrade yourself and look for someone else.
Ladies full for town
You spoke my mind...God bless u
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by AfroZone: 11:44pm On May 03, 2020
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
••
••
••
Guy The Truth Be Say You No Get Packaging...
Just Visit My IG Handle And See For Yourself Perhaps You Could DM Me For For Personal Advice!!! IG Handle : @iyke_zone
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by seunowa(f): 11:48pm On May 03, 2020
Kweensavvy:
If education is the issue then go for Bsc and masters too na.

By God's grace, you may get a higher paying job in future.

End of case.
I don't think education is the problem but his financial status. Will the father say that to wizkid who is a school drop out?..But I think u gave him a candid advice. God bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by igbowoman: 11:54pm On May 03, 2020
spiceadole:

Lol...Illiteracy is bad!
This one didn't branch school.
So quick to spite venom.
Evidence of bitter marriage

Kai
God punish covid-19
Na so Naija hunger bad reach sotay person dey ask questions dey answer the questions plus come dey argue with imself?
Sorry o

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by toby8: 12:18am On May 04, 2020
So parents with such shallow thinking still exist in this country....so the question they will ask any man that's wants to marry their daughter is base on the hnd mac qualifications ......chai....
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Adegunle4(m): 2:18am On May 04, 2020
Ybaby:

Me too!!

NYSC is doing Lord Luggard's work....
Lol...you too what?
I can’t stop laughing. And if you’re checked..I’m sure it’s one let my people go university you probably attended. And to top it...a useless course of study.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Sex: Access Bank Staff Caught In UNILAG Branch Office Ready For Sex / Groom Falls Back When It Was Time To Kiss His Bride At The Altar / Man And Girlfriend Cause A Stir Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.