Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95688 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 02, 2020
Bleep her good and let her be. I still don’t understand how some men retain any emotion for a girl once they’ve bleeped her. But maybe I’m just a different kinda person.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by baralatie(m): 11:29pm On May 02, 2020
igbowoman:

No
You graduated from UK,USA or Western university

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Alaganature(m): 11:29pm On May 02, 2020
It's a pity to see our parents of this generation polluting ones mind never to get married to someone his daughter loves..but it's up to the girl to take action if truly she loves you so much.. My parents can't tell me who to marry and who is not as long as I'm old enough to know what's right for me..

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by safarigirl(f): 11:29pm On May 02, 2020
You are clearly looking at the world with rose-colored glasses.

Life is not a Nollywood movie, where Michael, a hustling Polytechnic graduate will meet wealthy Chelsea, by chance, at NYSC, then after a few protests, her wealthy parents will eventually accept him and welcome him to the family, then offer him some high-paying job with which he can care for their daughter

You are clearly starstruck by this girl, who must be an embodiment of the kind of girl you should have never stood a chance with.

You don't have a uniting factor, aside this love you think you share. The babe probably likes you because you have her time and treat her better than Lagos boys. Lagos boys don't worship her because there are a ton of her in Lagos, however, there aren't a ton of her in Osun, so, you are understandably smitten

It will end in tears

Even if you both, somehow, armtwist her parents to agree to your union, one day, your wife will meet her ideal guy in that big company she works at. He will be a graduate of Babcock or Covenant or one University in the abroad, he will be suave and smooth, he will wine and dine her with all the money you don't make as a factory supervisor.

That is when you will know how much you FVCKED YOURSELF OVER, but it may be too late for you

Better save yourself while you can.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Jokerman(m): 11:30pm On May 02, 2020
Imustsurvive:
crap! father and daughter offering you Bobo juice, she's part of it, don't think her father did that without her consent , the invitation is just to see you as to recognize you if you go funny, that girl is getting married this year , same girl has brought other guys and they are weighing their options

my own told me it was arranged marriage by her papa to a family friend , I later got to know it was all lies.

OP, you were expecting her to quit her job in VI and move from Lekki to Oshogbo? when sharp guys dey Lagos close marking her, ordering her pizza online and holiday Dubai. OP, you get international passport?

Lol... See the OP

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OriOko88(m): 11:30pm On May 02, 2020
tidalstorm:
I can see where her parents are coming from. Every parent wants a better life for his/her kid. The expenses they spent on school sef no go be small money.
With your qualifications, you might never be good enough for there daughter. Just leave the girl, work harder and try to further your education to avoid family wahala.
I think it is a social class problem, them dey feel say you no reach their class based on money.

That's it. angry
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:31pm On May 02, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Another sponsored post.

How much do they pay you guys?

Do they benefit anything from there
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 11:32pm On May 02, 2020
jaxxy:

Oga there is smtn called perception. U can tell when sm1 is hungry and relaxed. It's my oberservation and pls don't give me that's nollywood storyline. When u see prospect u know, when u see fake u know and when u see relaxed u know.

Like i said the father might be ridiculous bt its left for the guy to prove him wrong. Presently hes not saying much, not even plans or did u hear him mention such?
So u think because she went for msc it simply means she is hungry n the guy isn’t, chai some of you could really be funny. N what is this Nollywood crap you’re taliking about. Isn’t it a common phenomenon in our society that even an ssce holder is an employer to a bsc n msc holder. Hell av even seen an ssce holder employ a PhD holder.
As for his plans you are not in his mind to know what n what not he intends to do.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by stephenisaac948(m): 11:32pm On May 02, 2020
Even in marriage they are still segregating between HND and degree
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by 12345baba(m): 11:32pm On May 02, 2020
Shey u love her? Just go back to school and get a bsc nah. All for love nwanne.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by 4gunners(m): 11:32pm On May 02, 2020
Ybaby:

You are so right

My son never liked bathing .... it was a national issue.
He got to SS 1 liked a pretty girl "Favour"
Man started bathing twice a day with comb in his pocket.
I sent Favour flowers.....what I could not achieve Favour achieved it in proxy.
lol...this is funny. You must be very free with your son to know this.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OriOko88(m): 11:33pm On May 02, 2020
stuffs4me:
OP. even you have discriminated against polytechnics people because I'm very sure you have met countless poly girls but chose to go for a university graduate with masters sef.

No poly guy or girl wants to marry a polytechnic leaver yet you guys are the first people who complain about discrimination. Same discrimination you poly leavers are guilty of
Your thinking is myopic. If you Broaden your horizon you gonna see far.

My advice to the OP is to look for a fellow polytechnic girl and date as that girl he is chasing is way beyond his level in all ramifications.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by stanliwise(m): 11:33pm On May 02, 2020
stuffs4me:
OP. even you have discriminated against polytechnics people because I'm very sure you have met countless poly girls but chose to go for a university graduate with masters sef.

No poly guy or girl wants to marry a polytechnic leaver yet you guys are the first people who complain about discrimination. Same discrimination you poly leavers are guilty of

My advice to the OP is to look for a fellow polytechnic girl and date as that girl he is chasing is way beyond his level in all ramifications.
Your first paragraph is just accusations based on syllogism rather than concrete fact. So because he went for a university graduate now means he has forsaken his poly girlfriend abi? Why you wan just find chance build mountains on top mole hills

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Acuna91: 11:34pm On May 02, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things
Very correct sir
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by PinkStarsFallIn: 11:34pm On May 02, 2020
BadLuckonmyGame:
your writing skill is so poor. I'm sure your spoken English is the same. I don't blame the parents. Your types are the ones giving OND and HND graduates problems.
Dnt be stupid, is only u dat will see poor writing skills, asif dats what the talk is about. Cheap efforts at gaining attention

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 11:34pm On May 02, 2020
Okuda:

Bsc degree holders pass HND by miles. il compare a secondary school dropout to HND students... when you see their products you would know.
I don’t get your point oga
Even some ssce holders are more educated n sound than some bsc holders . So whats your point?

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by foreshore(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?

That's a wrong medium of assessment by the girl's father. It's going to be difficult for you if you stick to getting married to her because there will be all sorts of barriers and also the girl may give in along the way to get parent's wish. So it's a difficult decision to take because you can only be sure of yourself and not the girl. Secondly, you can try and upgrade yourself if truly you want the girl in question and that will be determined by many factors too. My advice is you let the girl be if her dad is adamant because he may eventually control your marriage. The signs are not good coming from her father.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by chinedi7(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2020
if i were the father, I wouldn't allow my daughter to marry you, it's not that I'm wicked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Alaganature(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2020
OasisT:

What were you doing when the lady was developing herself ? I expect you to have made a step that will give tne man hope or you expect the man to accept another liability in the name of love ? REO and Juliet are dead

Boss you don't need to attack him..from the looks of things..she is from a wealthy home so there is tendency that her parents can pay any bills just to give her child the best education.. someone who went to Ire might just be an opportunities for him to even get the degree..abeg no just conclude like that instead advice him.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by PapyT1212(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2020
Lol.Op you are not doing well at all.....las las you go dey alright grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 02, 2020
Bro learn FOREX
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by tuzle(m): 11:36pm On May 02, 2020
Robisky001:
LOL.. Op, the house has harmoniously agreed you settle for your likes to avoid being called a gold digger or an opportunist.
it is because of nairalander I went back to school for bsc. With all these advice, most people would be discouraged from going to polytechnic.

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by opico24: 11:36pm On May 02, 2020
God will provide ur bone of bone for u... Op u said u are working in one private organization in osogbo..
Anytime there is vacancy,please inform me am tired of teaching.

study accounting, 09068219678

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by LaIabobo: 11:37pm On May 02, 2020
safarigirl:
You are clearly looking at the world with rose-colored glasses.

Life is not a Nollywood movie, where Michael, a hustling Polytechnic graduate will meet wealthy Chelsea, by chance, at NYSC, then after a few protests, her wealthy parents will eventually accept him and welcome him to the family, then offer him some high-paying job with which he can care for their daughter

You are clearly starstruck by this girl, who must be an embodiment of the kind of girl you should have never stood a chance with.

You don't have a uniting factor, aside this love you think you share. The babe probably likes you because you have her time and treat her better than Lagos boys. Lagos boys don't worship her because there are a ton of her in Lagos, however, there aren't a ton of her in Osun, so, you are understandably smitten

It will end in tears

Even if you both, somehow, armtwist her parents to agree to your union, one day, your wife will meet her ideal guy in that big company she works at. He will be a graduate of Babcock or Covenant or one University in the abroad, he will be suave and smooth, he will wine and dine her with all the money you don't make as a factory supervisor.

That is when you will know how much you FVCKED YOURSELF OVER, but it may be too late for you

Better save yourself while you can.

Well said!

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OriOko88(m): 11:37pm On May 02, 2020
yungz:
he's looking for a suitor that will worth the money he spent on his girl's head and op you are certainly not the person.

At op assume say na range or benz you pull up with for in house the man no go fit talk that rubbish wey in tell you.

Seems like the man has measured you already and it happens to b u came with only leggedis benz cheesy na why in throw you format.

Yen yen yen. I wonder how long he's gonna hustle hard to see money buy d cars you mention before his gf family accept him. Una go just dey misyarn. shocked

Op i will advise you to hustle hard, make money and visit the man again, i'm sure this time around he will accept you as his son-inlaw before you even propose marriage.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Keizzmann(m): 11:37pm On May 02, 2020
PureGoldh:
Bro....see eeh,just be urself....No dey worry urself over dx issue.

If the girl in question was designed for you by God.... something extraordinaire wey pass Zeeworld go happen between the two of una...even her family go turn up for you.

There is a man for every woman and there is a woman for every man.
wink[color=#990000][/color]
I wish you all the best

I feel you �

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by humilitypays(m): 11:37pm On May 02, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
The reason the man rejected you is not that you are a HND holder, it is how you presented yourself plus how you sold yourself to her father when he asked about your parents and job.

Everybody in Nigeria is scared of poverty, including President Buhari that was why he hurriedly married his daughters out to sons of billionaires cos even as a President he was scared of the future of his kids lol

I can boldly tell you that most of my close friends are HND holders and they earn far more than most master degree holders, most have built their own houses, some building second houses for rent and driving their dream cars and married to ladies with far greater profile than your girlfriend.

For those screaming Masters Degree, what is a masters degree in present day Nigeria and the world when there are no jobs She's only lucky she has a connected father that helped her get a job after her Msc if not, her Msc cert would have expired in her clothing box like thousands of people in Nigeria and even outside Nigeria.

In the US for instance, if you like have 2 Msc in all those yeye courses they study in Nigeria like Marketing, Accounting, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Geology, Business Administration, Public Administration, etc, people with ordinary certificate in Nursing, and other STEM courses will earn far more than you and even get employed before you will ever get a job, so what's the fuss about

Most IOCS and top FMCGs employ mostly HND graduates; especially the engineering guys and they grow faster than most other graduates and fields.

Dangote Refinery, Fertiliser, P&G, Oil Test, Shell, Mobil, NLNG, NBC, etc employ mostly Engineering graduates with HND and most of them earn far more than Bsc and Msc graduates, so op don't let the man's action push you to depression, it is not about your HND certificate, it is about what you are currently earning, about your financial status now; probably you went to the man's house on a taxi, and dressed like an Oshogbo man, just upgrade yourself because the whole world is afraid of poverty that is why everybody is running away from poor people, not that poor people are poisonous.

Repackage yourself, there are far better ladies ahead to meet, the girl profile is not even that high to warrant the father talking nonsense, ordinary Babcock and Covenant university, what will he say about those that trained their daughters in ivy League schools in UK, US, etc He couldn't even afford to send her abroad to study where she would have met sons and daughters of Queens and Kings yet he is discriminating, life sha.

Op you are a man, man no get bad market when it comes to marriage, a man is always a good market when it comes to marriage, the only problem a man has in life is to get money. Go and get money, you will meet far better ladies with higher profile than the ordinary Babcock graduate of a girl with valueless Msc from Otta farm school....focus on moving to a better company that pays better using your work experience and once you start earning higher and start packaging yourself better, you will meet even foreign ladies with royal family background, for a man, it's all about money and your packaging. The man is only doing his daughter not you. He should visit big organisations in Nigeria and outside Nigeria and see ladies in executive positions with even PhD being used and dumped by Gigolo boys who didn't even finish secondary school....some are begging guys for marriage with all their PhD and wealth, it will soon clear from his eyes, I hate irrational people angry

If the yeye school his daughter attended and the yeye Bsc and Masters was that special, why couldn't his daughter use them to secure a wonderful job on her own with her father helping her to get a job Of what use is her schooling to obtain Bsc and Msc if she couldn't secure a good job on her own without her Father's help Yeye people

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by babayaro7: 11:37pm On May 02, 2020
stuffs4me:

Keep deceiving yourself.. The Op even failed to defend himself in front of the girl's dad.

The hypocrite and lazy OP should find his level and look for a fellow diploma lady like him to go and marry.

Masters no be beans..

grin grin grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Acuna91: 11:38pm On May 02, 2020
Fight for your love man. Give it time, try to convince the dad that you can take care of her daughter. Show him you have a prospect. He is just a protective Dad if I may say who doesn't want her daughter to suffer after investing so much on her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by PinkStarsFallIn: 11:38pm On May 02, 2020
Alaganature:
It's a pity to see our parents of this generation polluting ones mind never to get married to someone his daughter loves..but it's up to the girl to take action if truly she loves you so much.. My parents can't tell me who to marry and who is not as long as I'm old enough to know what's right for me..
What concerns them, if u like marry hairdresser, dey didnt send u to babcock

6 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Passionate1(m): 11:39pm On May 02, 2020
igbowoman:
If I had listened to my aunt, I wouldn't have married the man I married .
She asked me to wait for suitors with cars but I married one without a car and without family wealth thank God my parents didnt object.
Today my parents are being very well taken care of.
A man that looks like he has nothing today can be something tomorrow.
My post is mainly for the young unmarried girls reading.Dont only look at a man for who he is today ,look ahead .If he has the drive to succeed and you stand by him he will make it .
Dis na things most women fail to grasp. .
Your warnings go only fall on deaf ears. .

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by jaxxy(m): 11:41pm On May 02, 2020
pasol4real:

So u think because she went for msc it simply means she is hungry n the guy isn’t, chai some of you could really be funny. N what is this Nollywood crap you’re taliking about. Isn’t it a common phenomenon in our society that even an ssce holder is an employer to a bsc n msc holder. Hell av even seen an ssce holder employ a PhD holder.
As for his plans you are not in his mind to know what n what not he intends to do.

Bro leave all this format, I know dropouts who employ MSC and PhD bt that doesn't mean every dropout will or can do that. That is why I said prospects.

Sm1 cant just come talk anyhow and u eat it up. That is stupidity. U have to ready to show u can walk the talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall. / No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? / Sex: Access Bank Staff Caught In UNILAG Branch Office Ready For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.