Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95679 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by adexpa(m): 12:28am On May 03, 2020
Op, people have said a lot and I am very sure you are disappointed at all they said cus you came here expecting their support. The real truth is that it looks like you are too comfortable with that little job you got in oshogbo and you never planned of moving out and moving up; the man judged you base on your responses and not your certificate, he might probably say he can't allow his daughter married HND holder but that is not what he meant. The man expected a curious and ambitious guy; a guy who has vision, dreams and can show them through his charisma. No one will invest on his child n will not expect a good output including you. I will advice you to leave the girl cus you will not enjoy the parents if you eventually force things, leave her and deal with your life squarely if you really want to make it big in life.... Be ready to hustle and upgrade yourself in all form; money wise and education wise. God will help you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by jaxxy(m): 12:31am On May 03, 2020
humilitypays:
what nonsense prospect are u talking about

The op is far more better and have better prospect than that girl, ask me how

The guy was able to secure a job as a factory supervisor with his HND certificate on his own without anybody's help, but the girl with her Bsc and Msc couldn't secure a job on her own without her Father's help, what becomes of her future if her father dies suddenly, can she also grow to the top on her own without relying on Nigerian mago-mago

Nigeria is a shithole nation all thanks to that man and people like him with stupid mentality that fill the ruling class angry

U are confused. Seems u don't live in Nigeria or understand life. What is the job security in factory supervisor? How do u know sm1 didn't help him secure the job?

What better nonesense prospects are u talking about? Dude u guys shud stop this nonsensical hypocrisy rite now. Her father helped her so what?? Sm1 people get help doesn't mean they are not qualified.

That young man needs to get his priorities right. U think marriage is a pity party thing? There are real responsiblties u have to be Man enough or sit down. Prospects is his growth projection and he hasn't shown any. The gal has it going atleast right now.

7 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OriOko88(m): 12:32am On May 03, 2020
highbee02:
Pls, correct the title. The word GRADUATE is strictly for University. The title should reads " Her parents rejected me because I finished from a polytechnic."
Your post just portrayed you to be someone suffering from the Stockholm syndrome. You go dey ok laslas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by MrCaesar: 12:33am On May 03, 2020
Don't give up. Do all you can to gain his support. If it doesn't work, get wedded in court. His reason is as baseless as access Bank sacking their workers.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by deleo16(m): 12:34am On May 03, 2020
aspirebig:
Look for another girl. There are many other girls out there.It may not be easy,initially. Don't marry her by force o.

But come to think of it, is the man's preference for her daughter.

The babe already has M.Sc , not just B.Sc or BA, the guy with HND .The issue is a case of M.sc vs HND.,not B.sc.

Though, that doesn't determine the future o.

The guy still need to do PGD before going for M.Sc.

very funny what I see here is not the HND and master its the finances of the guy they are asking about Pastor Kingsley okonwko married his wife an Msc holder while he is and HND holder the guy should just pray to get more cash to start a family with her
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OriOko88(m): 12:35am On May 03, 2020
Triplerg:
You took the words out of my mouth. His spoken English gave him away. Your composure and financial status and not your educational background, let you down. Just move on bro, the girl is not your class
I forgot you went with him for you to be so sure his spoken English gave him away. At least he tried making up with an elite girl. How many well to do ladies have u guys dated in your lives.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by deleo16(m): 12:36am On May 03, 2020
adexpa:
Op, people have said a lot and I am very sure you are disappointed at all they said cus you came here expecting their support. The real truth is that it looks like you are too comfortable with that little job you got in oshogbo and you never planned of moving out and moving up; the man judged you base on your responses and not your certificate, he might probably say he can't allow his daughter married HND holder but that is not what he meant. The man expected a curious and ambitious guy; a guy who has vision, dreams and can show them through his charisma. No one will invest on his child n will not expect a good output including you. I will advice you to leave the girl cus you will not enjoy the parents if you eventually force things, leave her and deal with your life squarely if you really want to make it big in life.... Be ready to hustle and upgrade yourself in all form; money wise and education wise. God will help you.
Exactly what I was about saying making money is not tied to certificate WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW you are not your certificate to make money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIoZ54zChgQ

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by macaranta(m): 12:39am On May 03, 2020
Probably the family's social status is way ahead of yours... Follow your heart tho
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by gare2510(m): 12:40am On May 03, 2020
So I know very successful HND people with good exposure; multiple foreign trainings etc

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by bezimo(m): 12:41am On May 03, 2020
So for a guy with International masters from Europe and PhD from an American school in a STEM field and an astute professional and career decorated expert..wont this lady in question appear inferior to him by his standard particularly coming from a perspective where his siblings are married to Doctors..

Oh it's called social class, her family thinks a poly graduate is not good enough..dont they know she is not also good eneough for others too with higher professional and academic pedigree. I think this is B.S.Thats how many parents sabotage the marital destiny of their children in the name of preserving nonsense social academic class..

When Bishop David Oyedepo married his wife who was a University graduate from Ife he had polytechnic degree from kwara poly....but today he is a Dr..not honorary oh but earned in Humanities..what if her parents rejected him because he is a poly graduate..wont she have missed her destiny..who knows maybe we won't know her today..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Wiifesnatcher(m): 12:44am On May 03, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things

someone like this nigga dey give me hope that we still have oriented men on this forum

obviously, you were born in a standard hospital, thank your dad for me

Op, no be real nigga, someone you should have influence to help you continue your acada, you should expect sth like that from her learned parents
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OriOko88(m): 12:46am On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

The father cannot tell him he has nothing going o for him.....father gave him an abbreviated portion of the whole gist. Sat in Oshogbo while she did her masters and you love her abeg Jesus loves her more. E ko radarada da nu
Why the thing con dey pain. If its easy u too shud go hookup with an elite somebody now. Cos I don't know your obsession with Osun institutions. Oloshki

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OriOko88(m): 12:46am On May 03, 2020
Ybaby:

The father cannot tell him he has nothing going o for him.....father gave him an abbreviated portion of the whole gist. Sat in Oshogbo while she did her masters and you love her abeg Jesus loves her more. E ko radarada da nu
Why the thing con dey pain you now??. If its easy u too shud go hookup with an elite somebody now. Cos I don't know your obsession with Osun institutions. Oloshi
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by justsaypeter001(m): 12:48am On May 03, 2020
This is what NYSC use to cause that I hate. This one now is thinking he is in the same level with the girl. Better look for your class on time before it is too late. Can you too take such? You invested on your daughter educationally like that and the only thing she could do is to bring a diploma holder home as husband. Can you take that too? Mumu!! You think Msc na moimoi thing. No be your fault anyway, NYSC lo keran mero. Mcheeww. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by 2loadedguy: 12:48am On May 03, 2020
Olayetan:

This is so pointless.

Assuming you said fed. university, you would have made a point...
Actually he's right and I know one. One of GOSs daughter (Ganiyu olanrewaju Solomon a former senator representing Lagos East) went to yabatech. Are u saying gos is not richer than the middle class parents sending their kids to convenant or Babcock?

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by deleo16(m): 12:51am On May 03, 2020
justsaypeter001:
This is what NYSC use to cause that I hate. This one now is thinking he is in the same level with the girl. Better look for your class on time before it is too late. Can you too take such? You invested on your daughter educationally like that and the only thing she could do is to bring a diploma holder home as husband. Can you take that too? Mumu!! You think Msc na moimoi thing. No be your fault anyway, NYSC lo keran mero. Mcheeww. Nonsense
which Kain talk be this is very shallow so if a Harvard graduate also do the same thing what will be your response assuming we switch the role WHAT I SEE HERE , MAKE GOD BLESS THE OP HUSTLE when grace find u forget your polythenic degree MONEY DOESN'T know that na the girl papa go spread red carpet when u don make am ,bring car to ask for her hand in marriage again

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 1:04am On May 03, 2020
Vortex369:

A great number of men have improved their lives because of the presence of 'Favour' in their lives.

If the OP does not advance his education because of the lady, then he can only descend. The best women are the ones who challenge men to advance beyond their pay grades.
I think u are living in fool’s paradise.
The worst thing any-man can do to himself is to take an “action”, because he wants to impress a woman or anyone for that matter .This your kind of mentality is the reason why most beautiful women get to their menopause without a husband.This is not to say that beautiful girls don’t get to marry, of course they do , but such girls are usually wise, supportive n most importantly humble.
Op, if the man n his daughter does not accept you for who you are or they precondition you in any form ,dump them , double your hustle n in few years they wud be sorry they let you go......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 1:04am On May 03, 2020
Oga you no even understand code. The issue is not your academic qualifications, it’s that you are broke. Leave their girl and go make something of yourself.

You think if you were rich the father would care if you dropped out of primary school and never saw the four corners of a higher institution before? Wise up o.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by madgoat(m): 1:12am On May 03, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?

Impregnate her and keep it a secret from the parents till about 3 months.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by baralatie(m): 1:20am On May 03, 2020
deleo16:
which Kain talk be this is very shallow so if a Harvard grauduate also do the same thing what will be your response assuming we switch the role WHAT I SEE HERE , MAKE GOD BLESS THE OP HUSTLE when grace find u forget your polythenic degree MONEY DOESN'T know that na the girl papa go spread red carpet when u don make am ,bring car to ask for her hand in marriage again
Oga have you heard that a graduate of Harvard marry poly graduate before?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 1:26am On May 03, 2020
justsaypeter001:
Pls go n sleep . Whats so special about msc.
Or is it not the same msc wey ppl dey carry every day dey beg me for work.
The worst part is they are ready to do anything, even cleaner job.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by deleo16(m): 1:28am On May 03, 2020
baralatie:

May be u need comprehension lesson my point is if the guy was an Harvard graduate and comes back home met the girl will the father reject him that was my point ? For all care all your University here is not in top 100 in the world too WHAT he needs to to up his FINANCES that's all irrespective of which school he finish from.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Adegok23: 1:32am On May 03, 2020
Python.
Python is a Rapid Application Development(RAD) language which lets you write complex software with less codes.
It is made juicier with the arrays of available modules that makes your programming life fun, easy and exciting.
As a developer, if you pick up python and dedicate say 2 weeks to learning it, You wont go back.
Python is not only addictive but also clean and organized. You can read through source codes written in python and you know what they do right a way.
the syntax design is near perfect as it lets you code without thinking of ending every line with semi-colons, no dollar signs, no var, Dim or the likes.
Email me if you're interested for the Complete EBook from scratch .. You can learn fully on your own without the need of the third party..
adegok23@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by deleo16(m): 1:32am On May 03, 2020
pasol4real:

Pls go n sleep . Whats so special about msc.
Or is it not the same msc wey ppl dey carry every day dey beg me for work.
The worst part is they are ready to do anything, even cleaner job.
don't mind them no wonder polythenic graduate from CHINA are doing most of the work here in Nigeria (CCECC) wish the useless archaic curriculum can be changed ,like that of FINLAND and Singapore same with CHINA no wonder we are still stuck with underdevelopment no innovation noting less I forget ASUU professor and master holders are on strike while their mate in Israel are looking for vaccine for COVID-19

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by davidadenrele: 1:33am On May 03, 2020
Brotherly,

I feel your Bro, it's amazing that even in the year 2020 some parent could still discriminate about academic qualification to marry, and you will begin to wonder if academic qualification is the yeard stick for success, most successful men today that i know today never owned a degree most were even college drop outs not to talk of someone that had a Higher National Diploma.

However I will advised you not quit, if you do it means you don't deserved the girl from the one set, not good comes easy, you have to fight for it I will advised you do the following.

1. Get enrolled to any of the reputable University for a degree or a post graduate studies, schools like Unilag, Backock, University of Ibadan e.t.c.

2. You haven't mentioned if you have rented an apartment if you have not ensure its a nice area, like Maryland, Adeniji Jones, Surulere, Yaba, pls ensure its near and we'll package environment.who knows the mum could decide to come on a secret mission to see if you are up to the man you said you claimed to be. Afterall a real man should have a decent place of abode before deciding about marriage.

3. Guy for Lagos packaging na be the secret oo, you've got package your self well, do you drive if you don't it's high time you get a small ride even ifts Golf 4 but atleast a decent ride for start.

4. Find every way to win over her mum, the father has spoken but the mum is the final decider after the most mum are fully attached to their daughter.

5. Pray very well, if possible fast prayer move mountains with God all things are possible pls don't give up quitter don't win, winner don't quit.

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 1:33am On May 03, 2020
baralatie:

Oga I have not heard but I have seen a Harvard medical doctor ( my female cousin)who got married to an ssce drop out .
They are happily married today.

8 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by tonididdy(m): 1:41am On May 03, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
What advice do you need. Her parents font want you unless you have a bsc or masters.
So get either one
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by dayorich: 1:46am On May 03, 2020
You sef get liver o.
Ire Poly for that matter.
MSc from Covenant University na im your pr*ck dey find.
You try.
Ede Poly and Offa Poly dey there but you nor see your mate there.
Continue...

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by tonididdy(m): 1:46am On May 03, 2020
For your qualification and being a factory supervisor (am thinking a pure water company sef) , I wouldn't allow you come close to my daughter who spent 8years in 2 expensive universities.
I would shoot you with a gun unless you walk into my home looking like MONEY.
Before the papa ask you those questions, e don already use eye weigh you say no level.
Op double your husto

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Alooone: 1:52am On May 03, 2020
@O.P you are type of people fathers spend sleepless nights on...but in all these, i blame the girl...she strikes me as all these mumu butty children...if not knowing the kind of family you come from and your family "standards"...why will you bring someone like that home...now if this boy should give her belle what will she do...u urself u strike me as someone who is just targetting her daddy's wealth...and the old man knows....my advice stop disturbing that girl!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Jokerman(m): 1:53am On May 03, 2020
tonididdy:
For your qualification and being a factory supervisor (am thinking a pure water company sef) , I wouldn't allow you come close to my daughter who spent 8years in 2 expensive universities.
I would shoot you with a gun unless you walk into my home looking like MONEY.
Before the papa ask you those questions, e don already use eye weigh you say no level.
Op double your husto

Lol... Gun ke grin

The guy go con tuck in one yeye shirt with sandals grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Sterope(f): 1:57am On May 03, 2020
Your girl has mouth and it is her family. She should be the one doing everything to get them to see what she saw. Radarada

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Boy Impregnates 33-Year-Old Girlfriend - Twitter Users Claim(Photo) / My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall. / No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.