Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books (5548 Views)

Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. / Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? / Meet The Pretty Lesbian Atheist Who Practices Witchcraft (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Smhaykins(m): 5:57pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:

Most of those stories are superstitious and if you go deeply to investigate, you may see that the true cause is natural. Tell me the one that happened to you and leave people with their assumptions.

It did not happened to me...but I know ppu it happened to... I just bought washing machine from the last person that packed out.

If u don't bliv..u can come rent d ouse, u go see shit u go call am money
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Csonice1: 6:18pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:
@ Csonice1

Let me assume and agree with you that an intelligent and Supernatural being created us.
Where is the Creator. Don't you think he may have abandoned us to our fate.

No assumptions: our discussion is on the basis of Truth.
1st truth agreed on: SOMEONE CREATED US.

He has never for a milisecond abandoned us :He loves us and wants us to seek Him. For when you truly believe that He is in existence and is a rewarder of those that seek Him diligently:you will find Him(He will manifest Himself to you)
He didn't create us as robots(without will)
He created us to make choices ( to know truly whether or not we love Him; like a man looking for a bride; A man looking for true love.)

A proof of His love for us:
We inhabit the best planet in the whole universe.

Now, Nothing valuable is seen just on the surface everywhere. You have to seek.
That the natural reality of a plane flying is manifesting now is because:
someone decided that despite what people think, whatever jokes they crack, whatever mockeries the make, that the reality that he knows, he(they: wright brothers) will seek it diligently to know the principles and then work it out.
Anyone can say: "I don't believe a plane can fly"," I don't believe in electrical principles;heat ,shock, blah blah blah.. electricity doesn't exist joor":
Isn't that ridiculous?

Your choice belongs to you: He doesn't want us to be like animals; horses that need to be tied before they do what is right.

Anyone can profess to love you based on your wealth that they have seen and are eager to squander greedily. He has given us his Word and the proof of our love is to take It and get to know Him. If you love Him you will seek Him.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 6:20pm On May 04, 2020
Csonice1:

Ok. I'll answer your question now. Just give me some time to type..

Also explain the below

There are many religions in the world all claiming supremacy and authentic.

There are many Pastors claiming to be called by 'God' making a lot of money from followers and yet can't heal their sick followers.

Many Muslims obeying the instructions from 'God' to kill those who don't believe

Coronavirus shutting down religious worship all around the world yet the religious are waiting for scientists to provide a solution. Where is 'God?

If' God' actually care about how we live our lives don't you think he would at least visited everyone in his/her dream and tell us the only true religion and the real essence of our existence. This would have enabled us all to have only one believe instead of all the religious confusions in the world.

Why did many generations (millions of years of life on earth according to confirmed scientific data) pass before all the religions we have today emerged.

Since you based your proof on the fact that nothing comes out of nothing. Man made computers, wrist watches, houses, cars etc. Now how did our Creator come out? Who made him?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by budaatum: 6:26pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:

Humans have a well developed brain than other animals. The only thing that differentiates us from other animals is our brain.
That's not quite true actually. Not all humans have well developed brains, obviously.

IlovePMB:
And the more our brain is developed, the more we can communicate effectively, the more we can live in peace, the more we understand life. You can see that some of us even in Nairaland here still behave like animals example DontBeStupid, budaatum and Nephilim. They have low IQ that is why they are behaving like monkeys and baboons.
See. Not all brains are obviously well developed. Some, like your's, for instance, wait to be developed, while some have been out there developing our own brains and minds for ages. Even if you have too, we can not all have developed equally.

IlovePMB:
Also check our African live styles with that of developed countries, you would see that we are more corrupt, wicked, evil, superstitious, hypocritical, intolerant, barbaric and some Africans still eat their fellow humans. These are as a result of poor mental development.
You mean "corrupt, wicked, evil, superstitious, hypocritical, intolerant, barbaric and some Africans still eat their fellow humans" like you do, as a result of your "poor mental development"?

Below is a list of what might not seem like "poor mental development animals of low IQ monkeys and baboons behaviour" to you.

IlovePMB:
Go hide your mouth.

IlovePMB:
You are talking trash.

IlovePMB:
So go back to your hole.

IlovePMB:
Go and hide in your hole anu mpama. Reply again if you are a fool.

IlovePMB:
With education and as evolution of mankind goes on humans would be more united, more loving and more sincere.
So, educate and evolve then, instead of lamenting about those who are. You are after all not uniting nor loving nor sincere nor educating with your thread of division. Or are you?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Csonice1: 6:30pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:

Also explain the below

There are many religions in the world all claiming supremacy and authentic.

There are many Pastors claiming to be called by 'God' making a lot of money from followers and yet can't heal their sick followers.

Many Muslims obeying the instructions from 'God' to kill those who don't believe

Coronavirus shutting down religious worship all around the world yet the religious are waiting for scientists to provide a solution. Where is 'God?

If' God' actually care about how we live our lives don't you think he would at least visited everyone in his/her dream and tell us the only true religion and the real essence of our existence. This would have enabled us all to have only one believe instead of all the religious confusions in the world.

Why did many generations (millions of years of life on earth according to confirmed scientific data) pass before all the religions we have today emerged to the world.

Since you based your proof on the fact that nothing comes out of nothing. Man made computers, wrist watches, houses, cars etc. Now how did our Creator come out? Who made him?

The question is not whether God cares about us (He does). Concerning the issue you brought up about God manifesting to us in visions and dreams; while others are doubting many are walking in the reality of it.
Moreover, are you assuring me that when He does you won't try to have a scientific (medical) explanation for that?

Now: The question is do we care about God?. Do we even trust Him enough to take Him at His Word?
Do we obey Him and not grieve him as a "prodigal son" does?
Do we obey His Word even when things are perfect: people disobey Him every minute but point accusing fingers when they enter into problems..
Is that how love works?
seems you're offline..Be ready: I will engage you in a conversation about evolution and the peculiar planet Earth sometime tomorrow .
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 6:38pm On May 04, 2020
budaatum:

That's not quite true actually. Not all humans have well developed brains, obviously.

See. Not all brains are obviously well developed. Some, like your's, for instance, wait to be developed, while some have been out there developing our own brains and minds for ages. Even if you have too, we can not all have developed equally.

You mean "corrupt, wicked, evil, superstitious, hypocritical, intolerant, barbaric and some Africans still eat their fellow humans" like you do, as a result of your "poor mental development"?

Below is a list of what might not seem like "poor mental development animals of low IQ monkeys and baboons behaviour" to you.

So, educate and evolve then, instead of lamenting about those who are. You are after all not uniting nor loving nor sincere nor educating with your thread of division. Or are you?

As a lower animal, relax and learn. Intelligent people are commenting here. This is a good opportunity for you to learn new things and change your animalistic tendencies.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by budaatum: 6:43pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:

As a lower animal, relax and learn. Intelligent people are commenting here. This is a good opportunity for you to learn new things and change your animalistic tendencies.
Don't bother taking the opportunity to change your animalistic tendencies that make you think you are learned.

Teach away. Higher animal. Lol.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 7:17pm On May 04, 2020
Csonice1:

The question is not whether God cares about us (He does). The question is do we care about God?. Do we even trust Him enough to take Him at His Word?
Do we obey Him and not grieve him as a "prodigal son" does?
Do we obey His Word even when things are perfect: people disobey Him every minute but point accusing fingers when they enter into problems..
Is that how love works?
seems you're offline..Be ready: I will engage you in a conversation about evolution and the peculiar planet Earth sometime tomorrow .

OK. Also explain the essence of over billions of galaxies in the universe with each having billions of stars and with each star having at least a planet. Sun which is our own star has about 10 planets with earth in the sun's ecosystem. All other billions of stars have their ecosystems too. Billions of various planets in the ecosystems of their respective stars can support life and chances that there are billions of planets previously or currently inhabited by human like beings is very high.

And why did no religion in the world knew about all these until modern scientists discovered them with powerful telescopes. Could it be that 'God doesn't want us to know anything beyond this planet earth apart from heaven and hell.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 04, 2020
My guy how far na, how ur side?

IlovePMB:

OK. Also explain the essence of over billions of galaxies in the universe with each having billions of stars and with each star having at least a planet. Sun which is our own star has about 10 planets with earth in the sun's ecosystem. All other billions of stars have their ecosystems too. Billions of various planets in the ecosystems of their respective stars can support life and chances that there are billions of planets previously or currently inhabited by human like beings is very high.

And why did no religion in the world knew about these until modern scientists discovered them with powerful telescopes. Could it be that 'God doesn't want us in the earth to know anything beyond this earth apart from heaven and hell.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Mizwisdom(f): 7:55pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:
Is there a Supernatural life/force? I need real life
proofs without religious quotations.

Many are Christians, Muslims and so on just because of what they were taught or what was written in the Bible, Koran or other religious books. I here by challenge your faith. Prove your faith.

Dreams, what's that all about?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 7:58pm On May 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Dreams, what's that all about?

Dreams are series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Mizwisdom(f): 8:03pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:

Dreams are series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep

Why do you have them when your body, including your brain is supposed to be at rest during sleep
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 8:15pm On May 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Why do you have them when your body, including your brain is supposed to be at rest during sleep

The body can never be at rest when you sleep. The body rests only in death.

While you sleep, your heart beats, your blood flows, all your organs are very busy working and repairing themselves including your brain.

During sleep, dream helps you store important memories and things you've learned, get rid of unimportant memories, and sort through complicated thoughts and feelings. Research shows that sleep helps store memories.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:

So based on our discussion so far, it's needless trying to convince people on what to do with their lives since we are gradually evolving towards perfection!

But what about the increase of habits like bestialism, homosexualism, lesbianism, transgenders and crossdressers in our society?

Will all these traits also develop to a perfect condition?

Would you be patient with your grown up son who chooses to be gay or daughter who that wants to marry her lesbian mate?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 9:12pm On May 04, 2020
Maximus69:

So based on our discussion so far, it's needless trying to convince people on what to do with their lives since we are gradually evolving towards perfection!

But what about the increase of habits like bestialism, homosexualism, lesbianism, transgenders and crossdressers in our society?

Will all these traits also develop to a perfect condition?

Would you be patient with your grown up son who chooses to be gay or daughter who that wants to marry her lesbian mate?

Those things have been there in the past. Those days it was worse. Men raped boys and men. Even animals were not spared. But there are strict laws now against such violent sexual acts. The modern world can only accept sex between humans who are from 18 years and older and there must be consent. In the past pedophilia and child marriage were not frowned at. Though many Muslims still practice that today as normal thing. That is one of the ways religion is dragging people behind.

Homosexuality, lesbianism etc have to do with mental issues. Just like we have paranoia, neurosis etc. They need our love and care and not judging and victimising them. Though in the case of pedophilia and rape, it is a crime in modern world.

I would give my children normal training that would help their full mental development. People become gay and lesbians because of abnormal and over religious training.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 04, 2020
IlovePMB:

Those things have been there in the past. Those days it was worse. Men raped boys and men. Even animals were not spared. But there are strict laws now against such violent sexual acts. The modern world can only accept sex between humans who are from 18 years and older and there must be consent. In the past pedophilia and child marriage were not frowned at. Though many Muslims still practice that today as normal thing. That is one of the ways religion is dragging people behind.

You're not getting my point here.

I'm talking about adults who wants to live as gays, lesbians, bestialists, transgenders and crossdressers!

What happens if your own son or daughter chooses to be one of them? undecided
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 9:25pm On May 04, 2020
Maximus69:

You're not getting my point here.

I'm talking about adults who wants to live as gays, lesbians, bestialists, transgenders and crossdressers!

What happens if your own son or daughter chooses to be one of them? undecided

I would give my children normal training that would help their full mental development. People become gays and lesbians because of abnormal and over religious training.

Hardship, poverty, trauma, bad experiences are also causes of abnormal sexual preferences.

Homosexuality, lesbianism etc have to do with mental issues. Just like we have paranoia, neurosis etc. They need our love and care and not judging and victimising them. Except in the case of pedophilia and rape which are crimes.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Praylove: 3:21am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:
Is there a Supernatural life/force? I need real life
proofs without religious quotations.

Many are Christians, Muslims and so on just because of what they were taught or what was written in the Bible, Koran or other religious books. I here by chafllenge your faith. Prove your faith.

My heart bleeds for you, I can only but hope and pray that your eyes be open to the light... Jesus loves you and it's never too late to make that decision to come to your maker... Kindly consider these scriptures.John 17:17, Romans 5:8-9... ( I hope you know the story of Saul now Paul) also remember the story of the rich man in hell begging for just a drop of water, he cried that they should help him warn his family members so that they do not come to hell...do you know his response: " they have ears, let them hear" tomorrow maybe too late for you my dear...Ah, I pray for you that you will not miss heaven ... May your eyes be open in Jesus name, Amen... Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 3:42am On May 05, 2020
Praylove:

My heart bleeds for you, I can only but hope and pray that your eyes be open to the light... Jesus loves you and it's never too late to make that decision to come to your maker... Kindly consider these scriptures.John 17:17, Romans 5:8-9... ( I hope you know the story of Saul now Paul) also remember the story of the rich man in hell begging for just a drop of water, he cried that they should help him warn his family members so that they do not come to hell...do you know his response: " they have ears, let them hear" tomorrow maybe too late for you my dear...Ah, I pray for you that you will not miss heaven ... May your eyes be open in Jesus name, Amen... Shalom

Pray for the victims of Covid-19 that they all would be healed. Pray that Covid-19 disappear now. Pray that Nigeria be better this year. All these prayers here and there without results. I challenge you to prove your faith and stop quoting what you don't know.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 5:35am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:

I would give my children normal training that would help their full mental development. People become gays and lesbians because of abnormal and over religious training.

Hardship, poverty, trauma, bad experiences are also causes of abnormal sexual preferences

Homosexuality, lesbianism etc have to do with mental issues. Just like we have paranoia, neurosis etc. They need our love and care and not judging and victimising them. Except in the case of pedophilia and rape which are crimes.

I love the underlined so much that i can't imagine a sane individual say anything that's contrary to that, yet we now have this abnormal sexual urge growing fast in people.

The bolded is where i disagree with you Sir because most people love adventures and since they have the right to choose whatever they will do with their lives, it becomes difficult to change their minds on what they've already decided upon.

Lesbianism, homosexualism and bestiality are sexual desires that has been in existence for ages and it's not as a result of hardship, poverty, trauma or bad experience. We are free agents so each person can decide to do whatever pleases him or her so far there is no agreement on a single line of thought regarding how we must live!

Our mentality navigates towards the result of our sense of sight, hearing and touch! So as long as we can see, hear and feel touches there is no way our brains will not be drawn to what results from those things.

Back to the issue of child upbringing. If you taught your child something and Mr A taught his child another, Mr B also taught his child yet another, these three children will surely meet either in school, recreation centers, workplace or grow up to live as neighbours in the same environment and thus become friends. They will certainly share thoughts and opinions, each person will definitely reflect the idea of his own parent which of course totally differs. By the end of the day, this grown-ups will discover that each of you (parents) have managed to infuse/inculcate/impose your personal opinion on your own child, hence each of them will now decide to develop his/her own idea!
You are a human not some kind of superhuman and you've proved to your own child that you're intelligent from your own point of view, every other parent will do exactly the same but with different lifestyles, thoughts and opinions, by the end your children who are the up coming generation feeling there should be fresh ideas will surely develop their own.
That is exactly the problem we are having in the world today! smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 7:22am On May 05, 2020
Maximus69:

I love the underlined so much that i can't imagine a sane individual say anything that's contrary to that, yet we now have this abnormal sexual urge growing fast in people.

The bolded is where i disagree with you Sir because most people love adventures and since they have the right to choose whatever they will do with their lives, it becomes difficult to change their minds on what they've already decided upon.

Lesbianism, homosexualism and bestiality are sexual desires that has been in existence for ages and it's not as a result of hardship, poverty, trauma or bad experience. We are free agents so each person can decide to do whatever pleases him or her so far there is no agreement on a single line of thought regarding how we must live!

Our mentality navigates towards the result of our sense of sight, hearing and touch! So as long as we can see, hear and feel touches there is no way our brains will not be drawn to what results from those things.

Back to the issue of child upbringing. If you taught your child something and Mr A taught his child another, Mr B also taught his child yet another, these three children will surely meet either in school, recreation centers, workplace or grow up to live as neighbours in the same environment and thus become friends. They will certainly share thoughts and opinions, each person will definitely reflect the idea of his own parent which of course totally differs. By the end of the day, this grown-ups will discover that each of you (parents) have managed to infuse/inculcate/impose your personal opinion on your own child, hence each of them will now decide to develop his/her own idea!
You are a human not some kind of superhuman and you've proved to your own child that you're intelligent from your own point of view, every other parent will do exactly the same but with different lifestyles, thoughts and opinions, by the end your children who are the up coming generation feeling there should be fresh ideas will surely develop their own.
That is exactly the problem we are having in the world today! smiley

I agree with you to some extent. However, our choices in life highly depends on who and what influenced us.

Example, some strict religious parents send their boys to all boys boarding schools. Some of the boys end up having gay tendencies. In strict Islamic religious societies, there is high rate of homosexualism because of the strict laws against male and female interactions. 'Dan daudu' was imported to Northern Nigeria not by hausa nor fulani culture but by Islam.

The Catholic church suffered series of same sex scandals all over the world.

Poverty also push a lot of people to prostitution including boys who sleep with men for money. And girls who sleep with rich women. I don't know if Bobrisky for instance is actually gay or just using that to be popular. If he is actually, gay that means it was because of money and popularity. Many young boys now see him as role models and are negatively influenced by him. Such negative influence make them to have a distorted sexual orientation.

Some lesbians were girls who suffered sexual abuses. A girl may hate men if she was violated. Some girls were initiated to the act by their fellow women whose sexual orientations have already been distorted.

The TV and internet with all sorts of porn, music, weird news, literature, celebrity lifestyles etc influence a lot of young people to make wrong choices.

Parents should be close to their children and make sure they regulate what their children are exposed to.

You are a Christian may be because your parents are Christians or you had an encounter with Christians. One can't just wake up and choose to be this or that. Something or someone must have influenced the person.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Mizwisdom(f): 7:28am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:

While you sleep, your heart beats, your blood flows, all your organs are very busy working and repairing themselves including your brain.

During sleep, dream helps you store important memories and things you've learned, get rid of unimportant memories, and sort through complicated thoughts and feelings. Research shows that sleep helps store memories.

So how is it that certain people dream and it occurs in real life afterwards?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 7:30am On May 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:

So how is it that certain people dream and it occurs in real life afterwards?

That is coincidence just like majority of the dreams don't come true.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 7:47am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:

I agree with you to some extent. However, our choices in life highly depends on who and what influenced us.

Example, some strict religious parents send their boys to all boys boarding schools. Some of the boys end up having gay tendencies. In strict Islamic religious societies, there is high rate of homosexualism because of the strict laws against male and female interactions. Dan daudu was imported to Northern Nigeria not by hausa or fulani culture but by Islam.

The Catholic church suffered series of same sex scandals all over the world.

Poverty also push a lot of people to prostitution including boys who sleep with men for money. And girls who sleep with rich women. I don't know if Bobrisky for instance is actually gay or just using that to be popular. If he is actually, gay that means it was because of money and popularity. Many young boys now see him as role models and are negatively influenced by him. Such negative influence make them to have a distorted sexual orientation.

Some lesbians were girls who suffered sexual abuses. A girl may hate men if she was violated. Some girls were initiated to the act by their fellow women whose sexual orientations have already been distorted.

The TV and internet with all sorts of porn, music, weird news, literature, celebrity lifestyles etc influence a lot of young people to make wrong choices.

Parents should be close to their children and make sure they regulate what their children are exposed to.

You are a Christian may be because your parents are Christians or you had an encounter with Christians. One can't just wake up and choose to be this or that. Something or someone must have influenced the person.

So if we both agreed that parents have a lot to do in the upbringing of their children who are the next generation and these so called parents have different opinions, how do we go about a sane society that is well organized and orderly?

Or should we just expect the human society to evolve into some perfect condition all by itself? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 9:58am On May 05, 2020
Maximus69:

So if we both agreed that parents have a lot to do in the upbringing of their children who are the next generation and these so called parents have different opinions, how do we go about a sane society that is well organized and orderly?

Or should we just expect the human society to evolve into some perfect condition all by itself? undecided

Normally when things get out of hand, the society would regret their actions and unite to bring or enforce sanity back to their society. That is part of the evolutionary process.

Moreover, everyone can't be crazy at the same time. There would always be more sane people than the mentally sick.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 10:15am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:

Normally when things get out of hand, the society would regret their actions and unite to bring or enforce sanity back to their society. That is part of the evolutionary process.

Moreover, everyone can't be crazy at the same time. There would always be more sane people than the mentally sick.

@bolded

You believe religionists are deluded (mentally unbalanced or indoctrinated)

So do you think there has ever been a time when freethinkers are more than religionist?

Or do you quantify religionists as part of the so called sane?

How do you distinguish between the sane and insane, as numbers of homosexuals lesbians and bestialists is on the increase and they are clamoring for equal rights in the human society?

Would you say gays or lesbians supposed not be respected as normal (sane) citizens?

What about having a lesbian or gay as the Governor, Senator or President?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 10:28am On May 05, 2020
Maximus69:

@bolded

You believe religionists are deluded (mentally unbalanced or indoctrinated)

So do you think there has ever been a time when freethinkers are more than religionist?

Or do you quantify religionists as part of the so called sane?

How do you distinguish between the sane and insane, as numbers of homosexuals lesbians and bestialists is on the increase and they are clamoring for equal rights in the human society?

Would you say gays or lesbians supposed not be respected as normal (sane) citizens?

What about having a lesbian or gay as the Governor, Senator or President?

I don't think homosexuality and lesbianism increased. It is just that people are becoming more truthful and open about themselves. In the past most gays and lesbians hide their orientation. Some still hide in the closet today especially among those who claim to be homophobic.

Gays and lesbians should be respected. What two consenting adults do in their private should not be anyones problem as far as they are not using it to disturb the public.

The work of a Governor or President is to provide basic amenities, ensure security of lives and property, provide Jobs etc. A gay or lesbian governor or president who can do these is a good leader.

Humanly and life friendly Religions especially Christianity is a good thing to the world. If Christianity can be practiced exactly as the the founder made it, I think the world would be a better place.

Many Christians today are hypocrites.
Someone would hand over his child to a pastor or a 'born again' only for the child to be sexually abused. In Nigeria everyone claims to be very religious, yet evil is out of control. Our Christian governors are still corrupt and wicked just like their Muslim counterparts. No body can be trusted today.

So are people still practicing Christianity today especially in Nigeria?
If yes, where are they?
Cos all I see are hypocrites and fanatics?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Brunicekid(m): 10:33am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:

The body is actually at rest during sleep. Does your body does any work in sleep?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 10:39am On May 05, 2020
Brunicekid:
The body is actually at rest during sleep. Does your body does any work in sleep?

Why do you feel hungry and eat when you wake up in the morning even after having a heavy supper or night food? What happened to the food you ate in the night? If your body did no work while you slept, where did the food go to?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 10:55am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:

I don't think homosexuality and lesbianism increased. It is just that people are becoming more truthful and open about themselves. In the past most gays and lesbians hide their orientation. Some still hide in the closet today especially among those who claim to be homophobic.

Gays and lesbians should be respected. What adults do in their private should not be anyones problem as far as they are not using it to disturb the public.

The work of a Governor or President is to provide basic amenities, ensure security of lives and property, provide Jobs etc. A gay or lesbian governor or president who can do these is a good leader.

Humanly and life friendly Religions especially Christianity is a good thing to the world. If Christianity can be practiced exactly as the the founder made it, I think the world would be a better place.

Many Christians today are hypocrites.
Someone would hand over his child to a pastor or a born again only for the child to be sexually abused. No body can be trusted today.

So are people still practicing Christianity today?

The two bolded are a matter of serious concern though but if you truly want us to discuss on that i'll be obliged to do so.

The founder of Christianity was a first century young Jewish carpenter who suddenly became a religious teacher back then.

Most people love to be in his company but there were people who felt he is getting too much attention, due to their own position as renown religious leaders and teachers of his time they became jealous and this led to the death of the young Nazarene.

But what are the things he taught back then, and who are those practicing it today?

I think that's what brought about you question

Are people still practicing Christianity today?

Well the answer to this question may shock you, but let me assure you that there are over 41,000 different religions claiming Christians today, each having it's doctrines and moral standards, but there is just one single Christian group!

I'm one of them!

Would you like to discuss the features of true Christianity so as to know if truthfully Christianity is being practiced today? smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Csonice1: 11:23am On May 05, 2020
IlovePMB:

And why did no religion in the world knew about all these until modern scientists discovered them with powerful telescopes. Could it be that 'God doesn't want us to know anything beyond this planet earth apart from heaven and hell.

Pls sir can you explain what you mean mean when you Said "...can support life..."

It's very important for us to have a clearer explanation for that before we proceed.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 11:28am On May 05, 2020
Maximus69:

The two bolded are a matter of serious concern though but if you truly want us to discuss on that i'll be obliged to do so.

The founder of Christianity was a first century young Jewish carpenter who suddenly became a religious teacher back then.

Most people love to be in his company but there were people who felt he is getting too much attention, due to their own position as renown religious leaders and teachers of his time they became jealous and this led to the death of the young Nazarene.

But what are the things he taught back then, and who are those practicing it today?

I think that's what brought about you question

Are people still practicing Christianity today?

Well the answer to this question may shock you, but let me assure you that there are over 41,000 different religions claiming Christians today, each having it's doctrines and moral standards, but there is just one single Christian group!

I'm one of them!

Would you like to discuss the features of true Christianity so as to know if truthfully Christianity is being practiced today? smiley

Yes.

I have read almost all chapters of the Bible, Torah, Koran, Satanic Bible and many religions, fictional, scientific, superstitious, magical books.
Let me deviate a little bit because I initially don't want the discussion of religious books.

From what I know from the New testament Bible, Jesus the subject of Christianity desires only 2 things. One is love for 'God' the other is love for 'man'.

In reality, we can't love God because you can't love someone you can't see nor someone that is not in need of your help. Jesus even said that what so ever you do to the least of my brothers that you do for him. And it was also written that the religion 'God' recognizes is the one that takes care of the poor and widows.

Where is the love in the world. The racism you earlier mentioned are still practiced by the so called Christians. How many Christians today can sell all their properties and donate to the poor as Jesus asked a rich man to do. Thus, in the early church, Christians sold all their stuff, gave the money to the apostles, and the apostles redistributed the money so that everyone’s needs were met. Those who previously lived in palaces got a normal house and those who previously were homeless got a normal house. There was equality and economic community, just as Jesus had been sharing money with HIs disciples (John 13:29).

This is the feature of Christianity I am interested in which the founder emphasized on but which has gone into extinction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Oyeku Meji Children Dont Wear Caps / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe / Don't Lose Confidence In Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.