Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,728 members, 7,831,313 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta (26438 Views)

Why Are We Disrespecting The Presidents Office? / Show Of Shame.you Cannot Justify Disrespecting The President – Ayogu Eze To PDP / Stop Disrespecting Buhari, Nigerian Government Warns Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Yujin(m): 10:14am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
Tell that yujin of a guy. Be saying we're part of biafra until we do referendum or start our movement then they'll recognize us, imagine such arrogance, I like my people, just like his ancestors called my ancestors traitors and saboteurs in 1967, he will call me and my brothers the same names when the time comes and we won't hesitate to betray them again since they don't want to have sense and leave us alone.
This Biafra doesn't need your support to be achieved... that's the difference between then and now. Just vote against Biafra and your land and people will be excluded from her. Is there any arrogance in that? The Akoko Ondo part of Ondo state voted against being in Midwest region during the 1963 plebiscite. This is how this referendum shall be. We're not important but will not take because of assumed few misguided persons like you to leave the majority of your people who want out of Nigeria. Clear our doubts that majority of your people don't want Biafra by starting up your own agitation for your accepted country. Is that arrogance too?
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Kinematics: 10:16am On May 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Until the so-called Niger Delta shows some form of human intellect, the imagined disrespect according the above poster will continue to flourish from the SE.

The bolded is part of the insults I'm talking about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 10:17am On May 06, 2020
Yujin:

This Biafra doesn't need your support to be achieved... that's the difference between then and now. Just vote against Biafra and your land and people will be excluded from her. Is there any arrogance in that? The Akoko Ondo part of Ondo state voted against being in Midwest region during the 1963 plebiscite. This is how this referendum shall be. We're not important but will not take because of assumed few misguided persons like you to leave the majority of your people who want out of Nigeria. Clear our doubts that majority of your people don't want Biafra by starting up your own agitation for your accepted country. Is that arrogance too?
we will do that at our own time, you're not in the position to tell us when to agitate or not, you're the one having doubts and that's why you keep including us in biafra even when you very well we don't want it, arrogance is when you keep including us in your map and we say we don't want and you start talking referendum rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 10:20am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

Atleast they do it with respect of our existence as a people. The Ibo man do it without regard or respect of who we are. For the Ibos the SS does not exist, infact left for the ibos we would be cut out from the face of the earth. Hardly will you see a yoruba or hausa tag us as "minority" but the ibo is always the first to do that.

The hausa or yoruba man does not interfere in our discussions, but the ibo man is always the first to tell us that we a fools that know not our origin. The ibo man is the first to trample on our existence just to make himself look big.
Nigeria is messed up we know, but the other tribes atleast give us some respect, but not abusing us everyday on nairaland. But the ibos are always the ones trying to attach us to themselves and make the world believe we never existed.

You dont see no person from the SS open a thread to Bring down the idea of Biafra, but once SS people talk about Niger Delta Republic the ibos will begin to write all sorts of lies and curses. You'll hear them say there is nothing like ND, theres nothing like SS, all the tribes in the SS will not agree, ND will be a chaos, no the ibo speaking parts of SS will not join ND, SS people dont know their history and origin, they are all fools, ijaw will dominate, ibibio or urhobo will dominate, an Edo man has nothing in common with a Cross Riverian bla bla bla.
exactly my brother. They're really irritating, you hardly see hausas or Yorubas involve themselves in our discussions but some igbos will jump into it and start forming Lord's.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Kinematics: 10:23am On May 06, 2020
Dikebuka:
To the OP
Their is nothing like Niger-Delta..
Niger-Delta includes Abia, Imo, Anambra and Ondo.

Niger-Delta are just oil producing region in the country..

Its either you say you are ijaw, Efik, Annang, benin, urhobo, itsekiri, kalabari, Esan, or Igbo

In this context when the OP talks about ND he/she is referring to the SS states. Use your head!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by martowskin1(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
Delta igbos and rivers igbos will be In Biafra, the rest of us will be in ND republic, an ijaw man can't intimidate an ibibio man because they have almost equall numbers, an urhobo man can't intimidate a bini man cus they have almost the same numbers,etc. There will be checks and balances, everyone has oil and has sea access to start with so what else are you going to oppress other ethnicities for?

That was what the founding fathers of Nigeria thought as well, check and balance.

But history has proved them wrong.... But like I always said, everyone have their choice to be where they want to be.... No one should force any union on anyone.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by caleboxylic: 10:32am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
exactly my brother. They're really irritating, you hardly see hausas or Yorubas involve themselves in our discussions but some igbos will jump into it and start forming Lord's.

There is a reason to that. Few igbo here do that because, your present ND includes the igbo clans in SS which we are against. We want all igbo clans to form a republic when the time comes. Nigeria won't last forever.

I challange you to open a thread and redraw you ND map excluding the igbo speaking part of Present SS geopolitical zone except Ikwerre(they are not Igbo as they claimed) ; No igbo man will interfere unless the impostors.

This is the only solution to avoid igbo comments on your new ND territory. As long as you include all the present SS geopolitical zone in your ND, then Igbo are the second majority behind Ijaw nation and have every right to discuss it.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2020
martowskin1:

That was what the founding fathers of Nigeria thought as well, check and balance.

But history has proved them wrong.... But like I always said, everyone have their choice to be where they want to be.... No one should force any union on anyone.
I think the ijaws,ibibios, urhobo,isoko,ogoni,etc to sit down and discuss our future, not igbos telling us we're part of biafra until we referendum or start our own movement or igbos telling us the Niger Delta will not work because of this and that , what rubbish?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Rodwave: 10:35am On May 06, 2020
Yujin:

I'm proudly an IPOB member
Truly we don't need them but we won't just throw them away because of the long historical connection we have with lots of them. This is how IPOB see it. We include them for the referendum. Let it be them that will reject it and seal their fate. It is not like they're enjoying Nigeria and we are dragging them. They're suffering too and the confusion among them is too much. Some of them whose eyes have opened know that Biafra cannot be half as worse as Nigeria. The little enjoyment they're having is because of the Igbo presence which will be evident after our exit. They'll run for their lives leaving their lands behind. Guess which country they'll run to? Same Biafra they rejected.
Do you see how the northern Christians are seeking for Igbo assistance? They've learnt the hard way. Appreciate IPOB... it's not easy. Do you know how many attempts to bribe the leadership that we rejected? Asari after the pressure has received money and moved to Benin republic. What has changed in the ND since then?

At least you submission is better unlike the one that called me idiot. It shows that there many sane people in IPOB.

The truth is that Igbos should stop fighting for them. If you want to include them, include only Igbo groups in nigerdelta. I don't care about what they are passing through. We are not their Messiah. They fought for resource control through militancy, did they include Igbos in their amnesty program?

As an IPOB member I will advise you guys to change strategy. Don't speak for those who never asked you to speak for them.

Forget historical whatever and start living in the present. Bịafra don't need any group that is not Igbo group.

If they want referendum they should ask for it. You should not be the one doing that for them. Focus on your people only.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 10:36am On May 06, 2020
caleboxylic:

There is a reason to that. Few igbo here do that because, your present ND includes the igbo clans in SS which we are against. We want all igbo clans to form a republic when the time comes. Nigeria won't last forever.

I challange you to open a thread and redraw you ND map excluding the igbo speaking part of Present SS geopolitical zone except Ikwerre(they are not Igbo as they claimed) ; No igbo man will interfere unless the impostors.

This is the only solution to avoid igbo comments on your new ND territory. As long as you include all the present SS geopolitical zone in your ND, then Igbo are the second majority behind Ijaw nation and have every right to discuss it.

Peace.
it's is common sense that when we talk of Niger Delta republic we talk about Edo, Akwa Ibom, bayelsa,cross River, non Igbo speaking parts of Delta and River's. We have no problem leaving your Igbo brothers for u, after all I doubt an ogoni man or ijaw man will want to share the same country with an ikwere man again or an urhobo man with an anioma man with due respect, your brothers will join u, tell your people to just leave us Alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 10:36am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BIAFRA, IT'S EITHER YOU'RE ENUGU,IMO,EBONYI,ABIA OR ANAMBRA

You even make mistakes
Igbos in ancient time wia of three categories
Igbos that had kings( Igbo west in Agbor, Isseleku
Igbos that subscribed to NRI kingship/ spirituals.
Igbos that where economically, politically,culturally and spiritually linked with Efik, Ibibio, Anang, ijaw in the Aro confederacy

Biafra were strictly about district then.

For people lumping Nigeri-Delta republic
Imo,abia and Ondo are part of Niger-delta..
It would interest you to know that if oil was drilled in chad basin, it would be under Niger-Delta.

Obigbo/ Oyigbo are one people but sepated cause Oil was discover in the Oyigbo
Egbema, Degema and one other part in Delta were separated because of Oil..

Its just like people saying that Nupe in Niger, Kogi and Kwara are the same people..
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 10:39am On May 06, 2020
To further clarify all this.. What Nnamdi Kanu is doing is plain demanding for a referendum.

Which simply means if you want to stay in Nigeria, you click yes or no.

Afterall the Jada people that wia in Cameroon voted to move to Nigeria..

Nobody will force you..when ita time to vote...you vote for Nigeria.

Afterall people in Scotland voted to remain with Britain
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Kinematics: 10:40am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:

I'm just tired of these ibos. To them their opinion is superior, what they say is the right thing. Others are jokers.

They think we in the SS will want to join a country with them and that kind of mentality, not to talk of their dubious lifestyle. No!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2020
Dikebuka:

You even make mistakes
Igbos in ancient time wia of three categories
Igbos that had kings( Igbo west in Agbor, Isseleku
Igbos that subscribed to NRI kingship/ spirituals.
Igbos that where economically, politically,culturally and spiritually linked with Efik, Ibibio, Anang, ijaw in the Aro confederacy

Biafra were strictly about district then.

For people lumping Nigeri-Delta republic
Imo,abia and Ondo are part of Niger-delta..
It would interest you to know that if oil was drilled in chad basin, it would be under Niger-Delta.

Obigbo/ Oyigbo are one people but sepated cause Oil was discover in the Oyigbo
Egbema, Degema and one other part in Delta were separated because of Oil..

Its just like people saying that Nupe in Niger, Kogi and Kwara are the same people..
Uncle, it's common sense that when Niger Delta republic is mentioned we mean Cross river, Akwa Ibom, bayelsa,Edo and non Igbo speaking parts of Rivers and Delta, we also exclude the small Igbo villages in our states stop flogging a dead horse by bringing up the past, the past is the past, change is inevitable, leave us alone and live with it
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

I'm just tired of these ibos. To them their opinion is superior, what they say is the right thing. Others are jokers.

They think we in the SS will want to join a country with them and that kind of mentality, not to talk of their dubious lifestyle. No!
I'm not even interested in their business, the thing is that they should leave us alone abeg, their meddling is too much.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by martowskin1(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
I think the ijaws,ibibios, urhobo,isoko,ogoni,etc to sit down and discuss our future, not igbos telling us we're part of biafra until we referendum or start our own movement or igbos telling us the Niger Delta will not work because of this and that , what rubbish?

The Igbo's are not ur problem bro.... U need to study ur history and realise the Igbo's have always been like brothers to the NDs.

The first coup 1966 was planned by Kaduna nzeogwu. Till this date Nigerians call him Igbo, but he is from igbuzor in delta.

The Igbo's never rejected him, they accepted him as thier son and even celebrate his bravery for trying to set things right even when he failed.

Ojukwu went further to release him from prison and make sure he was not killed. He saw him like his brother.

Ojukwu second in command was from akwa ibom or cross river.

During the war, the bifrans soldiers were all from SE and SS.... Even in recent politics.

When GEJ won his first election, the street of owerri was locked down, celebration left and right, GEJ major support was from SE...

They have always been a good understanding between both region even when the SW choose to fight for their own a interest.

When omoagege was made VSP, Igbo guys were happy, at least let them test it, they have tried....

We see our selves as brothers, we listen to each other.

Take it from me, the only region that have ur back from the onset is from SE, what others see is ur oil and as the oil is fading gradually, u have no use for them.

Ojukwu refuse to sign deal with the Russians during the war so that what shell and other companies are doing in ND today won't happen.

Go and read the agreement of aburi accord in gahana, look at ojukwu terms, simple and clear, if Gowon didn't go against the agreement, ND would have been blossoming today.

His points were let every region handle their wealth, let them have autonomous control over their resources, Gowon agreed , came back to Nigeria and did opposite.

Today look at ND, where is the value of oil, no where to be found..... Just poor like other states with no oil....

Bro who is ur enemy, don't be too quick to make ur only friend ur enemy, because no one got ur back.....

ND in Biafra won't work, have said it over and over again, let them be on their own, let them live with their oil.

Let bifra work with oil in abia and IMO, combine with their industriousness... Its OK for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Yujin(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

Atleast they do it with respect of our existence as a people. The Ibo man do it without regard or respect of who we are. For the Ibos the SS does not exist, infact left for the ibos we would be cut out from the face of the earth. Hardly will you see a yoruba or hausa tag us as "minority" but the ibo is always the first to do that.

The hausa or yoruba man does not interfere in our discussions, but the ibo man is always the first to tell us that we a fools that know not our origin. The ibo man is the first to trample on our existence just to make himself look big.
Nigeria is messed up we know, but the other tribes atleast give us some respect, but not abusing us everyday on nairaland. But the ibos are always the ones trying to attach us to themselves and make the world believe we never existed.

You dont see no person from the SS open a thread to Bring down the idea of Biafra, but once SS people talk about Niger Delta Republic the ibos will begin to write all sorts of lies and curses. You'll hear them say there is nothing like ND, theres nothing like SS, all the tribes in the SS will not agree, ND will be a chaos, no the ibo speaking parts of SS will not join ND, SS people dont know their history and origin, they are all fools, ijaw will dominate, ibibio or urhobo will dominate, an Edo man has nothing in common with a Cross Riverian bla bla bla.
Only an ignorant Igbo man will claim that there's nothing like Niger Delta. However, when you talk about the a country to be formed by the minorities of the South, it has not been agitated for so doesn't exist. I believe that's what they're saying. When they say the Edo man has nothing in common with the Cross Riverians and Akwa Ibom, it's just the truth. Countries are easier to form with people you've had a shared history. If the purported Niger Delta should be taken seriously, then it must be agitated for. The Niger Delta of Adaka Boro and the present Niger Delta is not the same. Furthermore, the present Niger Delta expected for the Southern minorities should be strictly minority lands. This is what they're saying and there's nothing wrong with that.
Honestly, I wonder the kind of fear some of you are having about the Igbos. Is it that we're going to kill you people or what? We have our lands and resources and have gone global opening frontiers for international businesses. What's the fear all about? Is it that you don't trust us to develop the land and give everyone opportunities? I wonder.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by PortHarcourt1st: 10:55am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

My fellow rivers cultist. How e go be today nah?
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Eastlink(m): 10:55am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
I'm not even interested in their business, the thing is that they should leave us alone abeg, their meddling is too much.
Learn to aim your anger at the right group - IPOB/MASSOB. These are clowns that don’t know their history and will never know their future.
The typical Igbo man doesn’t give a ratass about the business of other ethnicities. The insults you heap on the Igbos is unwarranted and if such is slammed on you by the generality of them, you wouldn’t like it to. Would you?

The same way you are apprehensive about a force union with the Igbos is the same way a lot of us are apprehensive in joining a Niger Delta country.
I assure you of that. So I’ll rather prefer to join an Igbo Republic anytime anyday, because my identity would be protected there.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 10:55am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
Uncle, it's common sense that when Niger Delta republic is mentioned we mean Cross river, Akwa Ibom, bayelsa,Edo and non Igbo speaking parts of Rivers and Delta, we also exclude the small Igbo villages in our states stop flogging a dead horse by bringing up the past, the past is the past, change is inevitable, leave us alone and live with it

Okay well defined
All we just need you people to do is when such opportunity comes..
just vote against going us.
Beauty of Referendum...

In opinion self every Nigerian should vote on whether they want to remain self for clarity sake
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Rodwave: 10:56am On May 06, 2020
SaintBishop:

Some of us are actually from the south south tho.
Forming a country with Igbos is no no for me.

Igbo people are not trust worthy at all.

Mumu shut up. You not from South South. Face your useless tribe
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by PortHarcourt1st: 10:57am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

The hausa or yoruba man does not interfere in our discussions, but the ibo man is always the first to tell us that we are fools that know not our origin. The ibo man is the first to trample on our existence just to make himself look big.
Nigeria is messed up we know, but the other tribes atleast give us some respect, not abusing us everyday on nairaland. But the ibos are always the ones trying to attach us to themselves and make the world believe we never existed.

Hahahaha

Chino has succeeded in making you insane. He is cooking some more food for you
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Rodwave: 10:58am On May 06, 2020
YungMillionaire:

Is it true that Igbo parents raised their offspring to hate Yorubas and Northerner?

Dirty afonja. Face your ritual killers republic. Nobody asked for your opinion here.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Rodwave: 11:02am On May 06, 2020
valirex:

So because about 25 countries will come out from this one therefore this Nigeria should go on? You are one of those suppressing the right of the people. If you are good and just as you claim then you should allow everyone make their individual choices

They prefer big for nothing country like Nigeria. Everyone should be allowed to make their choice. If a local government wants to become a country, so be it. As long as there's peace and progress.

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by caleboxylic: 11:08am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
it's is common sense that when we talk of Niger Delta republic we talk about Edo, Akwa Ibom, bayelsa,cross River, non Igbo speaking parts of Delta and River's. We have no problem leaving your Igbo brothers for u, after all I doubt an ogoni man or ijaw man will want to share the same country with an ikwere man again or an urhobo man with an anioma man with due respect, your brothers will join u, tell your people to just leave us Alone

Nothing like common sense here; let's discuss reality. At the mention of Niger Delta, average Nigerian sees it as present south south.

It will save you lots of stress if the ND is defined moving forward.

Wish you all the best in your quest for ND Republic and don't forget to carry Ikwerre along.

Igbo nation and Niger delta are great nations.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by martowskin1(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

The hausa or yoruba man does not interfere in our discussions, but the ibo man is always the first to tell us that we are fools that know not our origin. The ibo man is the first to trample on our existence just to make himself look big.
Nigeria is messed up we know, but the other tribes atleast give us some respect, not abusing us everyday on nairaland. But the ibos are always the ones trying to attach us to themselves and make the world believe we never existed.

U call them ur problem but they were the only one who stood behind ur brother when people called him names, dullard, drunkard , bad luck , did protest upon protest just to label him evil....... How many igbo men did u see fighting against him then.

They are opressing u right, go to PTI in warri, how many Igbo men did u see working there, NNpc, refinery, Nigeria gas in warri, how many Igbo men did u see work in there...

Go to SE, did u see ur oil money there?

Just because u scared of facing ur real oppressor doesn't mean u should call ur only ally, the only one who always stood beside u as ur problem.

The Igbo's should focus on their SE and let ND be, the union won't work just like nigeria.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by SaintBishop: 11:20am On May 06, 2020
Rodwave:

Mumu shut up. You not from South South. Face your useless tribe
Who is more useless than igbos? No provoke me this morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Kinematics: 11:23am On May 06, 2020
martowskin1:

U call them ur problem but they were the only one who stood behind ur brother when people called him names, dullard, drunkard , bad luck , did protest upon protest just to label him evil....... How many igbo men did u see fighting against him then.

They are opressing u right, go to PTI in warri, how many Igbo men did u see working there, NNpc, refinery, Nigeria gas in warri, how many Igbo men did u see work in there...

Go to SE, did u see ur oil money there?

Just because u scared of facing ur real oppressor doesn't mean u should call ur only ally, the only one who always stood beside u as ur problem.

The Igbo's should focus on their SE and let ND be, the union won't work just like nigeria.

I'm not oblivious of all this fact. However I'm vexed at the ibos on the way they parade themselves as if we are nothing without aligning with them. Other tribes dont make us feel that way.

Yes the Ibos stood by Jonathan, but we all know that's because they were benefiting from him. If they weren't we know what it would have been. Let's face the fact!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by PortHarcourt1st: 11:25am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

I'm not oblivious of all this fact. However I'm vexed at the ibos on the way they parade themselves as if we are nothing without aligning with them. Other tribes dont make us feel that way.

Yes the Ibos stood by Jonathan, but we all know that's because they were benefiting from him. If they weren't we know what it would have been. Let's face the fact!

Wene badu. Today go make sense
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Rodwave: 11:27am On May 06, 2020
SaintBishop:
Who is more useless than igbos? No provoke me this morning

Oga face your useless nameless tribe. Your tribe are nonentities that's why you are ashamed of mention her useless name.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by PortHarcourt1st: 11:27am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics I go know how e go be today. Which side you go wan make we enter. I dey my house now for Bundu
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 11:27am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

This is your most sensible comment so far. However you tend to deviate and exude arrogance sometimes(which we from the SS has seen as the hallmark of a Biafran/ipob). Stick with write up like this then I'll take you serious.

The gospel truth is Biafra will be useless without the SS. That's why they fight everyday here to attach SS to their fantasy Biafra.

On the contrary, a Biafra with non Igbo speaking parts of SS will be useless. It will be another Nigeria.
Igbos who put non Igbo groups in Biafra are misinformed and are making a big mistake.
SS is like a modern day tower of Babel, multiplicity of language and culture is a big disadvantage to nation building, even in the bible, men were stopped from achieving set target of building to heaven by introducing multiplicity of languages amongst them. I don't have anything against SS, I wish them all the luck, but I don't want a nation with them, I am an Igbo purist.

I want a country where my children will be taught in Igbo language from nursery school to University, where the presidential address will be made in beautiful Igbo language. Where Igbo language will be the lingua franca, where English will be downgraded to asecond optional language alongside other alien European languages, where our national football team would sing our national anthem at the world cup in Igbo language.

Why should I throw all these away to be hooked with alien languages in SS where we would be forced adopt pidgin English as lingua franca?
Sometimes I wonder what IPOB and those Igbos proposing heterogeneous Biafra are thinking.
Don't overestimate yourselves, Ndiigbo don't need you or anyone to make a successful country any more than you need Ndiigbo to create your own successful countries.
I understand that IPOB shortsightness and ignorance that mean they are always licking your ass , have given you lots an overbloated sense of importance to the Igbo, and this is exactly the reason IPOB is living on borrowed time , because alot of Igbos are no longer going to accept IPOB continually bringing embarrassment to the rest of us who know better.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Buhari nominates Dongban-Mensem as President, Court of Appeal / Peter Obi Meets Leadership Of The Nigeria Labour Congress / "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.